Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 15, 2021 23:45

DandelionPowderman
If the vaccine brought back those symptoms for a couple of weeks (which is looks like it did) - what's the fuss all about? It's an unpleasant side effect that he knows well (and could have gotten anyhow, with his condition).

Eric said on a scale of 1 - 10 his neuropathy was about three and after the 2nd jab it went to about 9. He says he had intense pain for three weeks and had to use medication to sleep. Even after that went away he would get burning sensations in his hand after touching anything which would last all day. He had to wear gloves to help alleviate it. In the interview I saw he actually says his situation "wasn't just because of the vaccine".

As far as the fuss that seems to come from the mainstream media. They have pilloried him and others yet they are the ones running the stories. If they don't like what he is saying, why run the stories?

There seems to be a twin pandemic - one of fear and divisiveness and the mainstream media are the super spreaders.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 16, 2021 01:58

Its not the mainstream media. Its the fringe media.

I am not sure I fully believe Clapton on all of this. I personally think he is being used by others to push an anti-vaxxer narrative just like he did with Van Morrison regarding masks and lockdowns.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 16, 2021 05:11

daspyknows

I am not sure I fully believe Clapton on all of this. I personally think he is being used by others to push an anti-vaxxer narrative just like he did with Van Morrison regarding masks and lockdowns.

You should go and talk with a psychiatrist. You seem to be taking this stuff too hard.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 16, 2021 05:18

Rockman
Too many here ta thank individually .....

So well just make it one big THANKS ..... hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You gotta make time to recognize people individually.

Thank YOU Rockman!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 16, 2021 05:42

but with masks everyone looks the same .....

Imagine a baby when aunt Bessie finally
shows her face .... "AAAhhhhh .. Put it back on!! "

ROCKMAN

Date: September 16, 2021 10:39

terraplane
DandelionPowderman
If the vaccine brought back those symptoms for a couple of weeks (which is looks like it did) - what's the fuss all about? It's an unpleasant side effect that he knows well (and could have gotten anyhow, with his condition).

Eric said on a scale of 1 - 10 his neuropathy was about three and after the 2nd jab it went to about 9. He says he had intense pain for three weeks and had to use medication to sleep. Even after that went away he would get burning sensations in his hand after touching anything which would last all day. He had to wear gloves to help alleviate it. In the interview I saw he actually says his situation "wasn't just because of the vaccine".

As far as the fuss that seems to come from the mainstream media. They have pilloried him and others yet they are the ones running the stories. If they don't like what he is saying, why run the stories?

There seems to be a twin pandemic - one of fear and divisiveness and the mainstream media are the super spreaders.

Fever pains combined with neuropathy can do that. However, I bet he knew that before he took the vaccine - as well as it wasn't any danger involved with those temporary side effects.

This is strictly political for Eric, imo.

Date: September 16, 2021 11:51

At the risk of appearing to mount a campaign for Eric Clapton...

DandelionPowderman

Fever pains combined with neuropathy can do that. However, I bet he knew that before he took the vaccine

He says he didn't and I see no reason to doubt that.

as well as it wasn't any danger involved with those temporary side effects.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. There seems to be a link between AstraZeneca (the vaccine Eric took) and Guillain-Barré Syndrome which can lead to paralysis which can last years. 1 in 10,000 chance of GBS following vaccine. 393 reported cases so far in Britain.

Dr Raine, the MHRA chief executive, said: The MHRA will continue to review cases of Guillain-Barré Syndrome reported following vaccination with Covid vaccines to assess the possible increased risk of Guillain-Barré Syndrome associated with Covid vaccines, with independent advice from its Vaccine Benefit-Risk Working Group.

'Anyone who experiences weakness and paralysis in the extremities, possibly spreading to the chest and face, within four to six weeks following vaccination should seek urgent medical attention.

Daily Mail

You are entitled to your opinion on that but I am inclined to go with the simplest explanation - He had an adverse reaction to the vaccine.

Date: September 16, 2021 12:03

terraplane
At the risk of appearing to mount a campaign for Eric Clapton...

DandelionPowderman

Fever pains combined with neuropathy can do that. However, I bet he knew that before he took the vaccine

He says he didn't and I see no reason to doubt that.

as well as it wasn't any danger involved with those temporary side effects.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. There seems to be a link between AstraZeneca (the vaccine Eric took) and Guillain-Barré Syndrome which can lead to paralysis which can last years. 1 in 10,000 chance of GBS following vaccine. 393 reported cases so far in Britain.

Dr Raine, the MHRA chief executive, said: The MHRA will continue to review cases of Guillain-Barré Syndrome reported following vaccination with Covid vaccines to assess the possible increased risk of Guillain-Barré Syndrome associated with Covid vaccines, with independent advice from its Vaccine Benefit-Risk Working Group.

'Anyone who experiences weakness and paralysis in the extremities, possibly spreading to the chest and face, within four to six weeks following vaccination should seek urgent medical attention.

Daily Mail

You are entitled to your opinion on that but I am inclined to go with the simplest explanation - He had an adverse reaction to the vaccine.

Hehe, no worries, mate smiling smiley

Of course he had a reaction. The question is whether that reaction is perfectly "normal" or not, and – in hindsight – whether a temporarily increase of his condition makes it worthwhile agitating against the vaccine (that's the politics).

Eric is no fool. He knows that what he says will have impact on people who could have benefitted on taking the vaccine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-16 12:04 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 16, 2021 12:20

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about Eric's varying stances?

I listened to Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs for the first times in years, recently. He'll always be the very-best British blues-guitarist in my eyes. Judge him by his musicianship. For me, that's all that matters.

Date: September 16, 2021 12:24

Big Al

I listened to Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs for the first times in years, recently. He'll always be the very-best British blues-guitarist in my eyes. Judge him by his musicianship. For me, that's all that matters.

Nothing beats this thumbs up

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 16, 2021 12:27

DandelionPowderman

Hehe, no worries, mate smiling smiley

Of course he had a reaction. The question is whether that reaction is perfectly "normal" or not, and – in hindsight – whether a temporarily increase of his condition makes it worthwhile agitating against the vaccine (that's the politics).

Eric is no fool. He knows that what he says will have impact on people who could have benefitted on taking the vaccine.

I agree he is no fool. He strikes me as someone who, when under attack won't take it lying down. So there could be element of that in there. He admits that the blowback he got (mainly from the US) from the song with Van Morrison shocked him.

smileys with beer Take care of your health Dandelion

Date: September 16, 2021 12:29

Big Al

I agree. The best. His solos in White Room, Badge, etc are stellar. Plus he is a fab singer

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 16, 2021 13:08

terraplane
Big Al

I agree. The best. His solos in White Room, Badge, etc are stellar. Plus he is a fab singer

I won't pretend I own a huge amount of his solo work, but I really do love and appreciate his work with John Mayall, Cream and even those few recordings with the fabulous - and underrated - Yardbirds: Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, I 'Aint Got You, I Wish You Would, etc.

His solo on Crossroads is, in my opinion, the greatest-ever live recording cemented to record. It's utterly explosive in every way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-16 13:10 by Big Al.

Date: September 16, 2021 14:15

If you get a chance, listen to Derek and The Dominoes Live At The Fillmore. Absolutely incredible

Date: September 16, 2021 18:42

MingSubu
daspyknows

You should go and talk with a psychiatrist. You seem to be taking this stuff too hard.

Dr. MingSubu providing medical advice again. As useful as advice from Dr. Kevorkian.

You need to get out in crowds more and take a deep breath (actually lots of them).

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: September 16, 2021 19:45

I happen to appreciate a lot of what we now call classic rock and roll and much of it I first heard in the 70's before we all became classic in age....

There are a number of musicians I will be trying to see the next few years who are now in their 70's who won't be around much longer.

Clapton is one I have always enjoyed seeing. My wife and I live north of San Antonio in Texas and drove to Austin to see Clapton last night. Opener was Jimmie Vaughan and then Clapton. We really enjoyed the show and he looked and sounded good. It was not a long show and he had many of the same band members he has had in the past so they played well together. He did a middle acoustic set that included Tears in Heaven and Layla. You could hear a pin drop during Tears.

It was a night of great music and I am glad we went.

Looking forward to the Eagles and the Stones coming up.

Stonesdude
Jim

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 16, 2021 20:21

daspyknows
MingSubu
daspyknows

Dr. MingSubu providing medical advice again. As useful as advice from Dr. Kevorkian.

You need to get out in crowds more and take a deep breath (actually lots of them).

I've been out in crowds, no mask, no vaccine (1,2, or 3) and I am STILL ALIVE AND WELL! I take deep, deep breaths of unmasked fresh air. How many months have you been wishing death on me and others? I avoid this thread because of @#$%& like you for the most part but will continue to check in now and again just to rub your face in the fact that you and your failed vaccines suck. And please follow your own advice. Go out in crowds and take deep breaths. It would be a terrible shame if you got one of the increasing breakthrough cases. You're a troll and a bad one at that. Eff off already.

Date: September 16, 2021 20:28

bleedingman
daspyknows
MingSubu
daspyknows

I've been out in crowds, no mask, no vaccine (1,2, or 3) and I am STILL ALIVE AND WELL! I take deep, deep breaths of unmasked fresh air. How many months have you been wishing death on me and others? I avoid this thread because of @#$%& like you for the most part but will continue to check in now and again just to rub your face in the fact that you and your failed vaccines suck. And please follow your own advice. Go out in crowds and take deep breaths. It would be a terrible shame if you got one of the increasing breakthrough cases. You're a troll and a bad one at that. Eff off already.

Give it time. Covid will get you too. I'll just say I told you so. You may be alive but you don't seem well. Don't worry about me, I am careful out there and not stoopid like you seem to be. My odds of a breakthrough case are much lower than your chances of a Covid denier case. I hope you have have tube of moo goo ready to go. It might work for you, it might not. Who cares though.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: September 16, 2021 22:01

Big Al
terraplane
Big Al

I won't pretend I own a huge amount of his solo work, but I really do love and appreciate his work with John Mayall, Cream and even those few recordings with the fabulous - and underrated - Yardbirds: Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, I 'Aint Got You, I Wish You Would, etc.

His solo on Crossroads is, in my opinion, the greatest-ever live recording cemented to record. It's utterly explosive in every way.

I agree on Eric with Crossroads live from the Cream era. I still know it note for note. It was my favorite for years to randomly tune into on radio. Jack Bruce gets uber credit for creative bass playing on Crossroads.

All Eric's slowed down versions of Crossroads are torture to listen to.

Date: September 17, 2021 01:19

At 76 years old, his playing is still incredible:

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 17, 2021 14:48

I watched several clips from opening night in Ft. Worth and EC is simply amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still getting it done and really putting others to shame where his skills are still intact . It's all about that vibrato and tone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-17 14:49 by TheGreek.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 17, 2021 15:49

daspyknows
bleedingman
daspyknows
MingSubu
daspyknows

Give it time. Covid will get you too. I'll just say I told you so. You may be alive but you don't seem well. Don't worry about me, I am careful out there and not stoopid like you seem to be. My odds of a breakthrough case are much lower than your chances of a Covid denier case. I hope you have have tube of moo goo ready to go. It might work for you, it might not. Who cares though.

That sort of ill wishing on people is bad Karma.
I don't know of anyone who wishes people to become sick or die, that's so low, i don't understand how you get away with it because its evil.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 17, 2021 16:43

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 17, 2021 17:52

terraplane

Outstanding. thumbs up

Date: September 17, 2021 18:28

MisterDDDD

unrepentant racists

Date: September 17, 2021 18:56

Rocktiludrop
daspyknows
bleedingman
daspyknows
MingSubu
daspyknows

That sort of ill wishing on people is bad Karma.
I don't know of anyone who wishes people to become sick or die, that's so low, i don't understand how you get away with it because its evil.

Don't talk to me about evil. Spreading vaccine misinformation is evil. .

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 17, 2021 20:09

terraplane

That was incredible, thanks for posting, better playing than I've seen in years from Eric, to put that much into the solo at his age gets my respect.

And a packed house too. thumbs upsmoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 17, 2021 20:14

MisterDDDD

picture is indeed worth a thousand words.

Date: September 17, 2021 22:35

I probably should know, but who are those guys?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 17, 2021 23:33

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

picture is indeed worth a thousand words.

The guy wearing the black jacket looks like my uncle Leo.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home