Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 10, 2021 09:21

When Eric Clapton is playing, one forget about his outragously stupid outbirsts over this or that. This might be a great release, based on the tracklisting. "Golden Ring".....has he ever performed that one, live?

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 10, 2021 09:50

Not that I am aware of but I don't really collect EC bootlegs. "Golden Ring" definitely is a deep cut and "Backless" is an under rated album IMO.

He gives a nod to the late Peter Green as well with Black Magic Woman and Man Of The World.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 10, 2021 09:59

Erik_Snow
When Eric Clapton is playing, one forget about his outragously stupid outbirsts over this or that. This might be a great release, based on the tracklisting. "Golden Ring".....has he ever performed that one, live?

Never ever — even once.

Of particular interest is, sometime ago when Eric was asked to pick ten favorite songs that he had recorded and released, Golden Ring (from Backless) and Believe In Life (from Reptile) were included there. Both songs have never been played live to this day so this is the first occasion they are given live outings...even “behind closed doors”.

Who said the setlist was full of warhorses, a bore like the Stones’ one?

Date: September 10, 2021 10:29

RisingStone
Erik_Snow

Never ever — even once.

Of particular interest is, sometime ago when Eric was asked to pick ten favorite songs that he had recorded and released, Golden Ring (from Backless) and Believe In Life (from Reptile) were included there. Both songs have never been played live to this day so this is the first occasion they are given live outings...even “behind closed doors”.

Who said the setlist was full of warhorses, a bore like the Stones’ one?

Thanks for confirming, both you and terraplane. It's a very interesting setlist, for sure. Backless, it doesn't show Clapton as the guitarplayer he really is, and it's got some quite boring tracks. Yet, it has some real nuggets, and I tend to listen to this album every now and then. "Golden Ring" "Promises" and "Tulsa Time" are some of the reasons, Though "Tulsa Time" was even better on "Just One Night"

Date: September 10, 2021 10:44

"I'd Make Love To You Any Time" is the highlight, but the thing is that JJ Cale's version is better, I listen a lot more to him than I do to Clapton, when it comes to studio recordings of the 70s and 80s.

Date: September 10, 2021 10:59

If I Don't Be There By Morning is another great track from Backless. I agree though that it is hard to beat the versions on Just One Night with Albert Lee playing along.

Date: September 10, 2021 11:22

Backless is a mixed bag. It’s not my personal favorite among the post-461 Clapton albums — shows the inspiration running out from the Tulsa Tops, his then outfit. Backless indeed.

Date: September 11, 2021 06:11

Erik_Snow
"I'd Make Love To You Any Time" is the highlight, but the thing is that JJ Cale's version is better, I listen a lot more to him than I do to Clapton, when it comes to studio recordings of the 70s and 80s.

This track and 'Tell Me That You Love Me' - If you replaced Eric's vocals with Mick Jagger's then these tracks wouldn't be that far removed from something you would hear on Voodoo Lounge

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 11, 2021 06:17

Best track off of Backless imo, though there are several other great ones:

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: September 11, 2021 17:25

Yeah, "Watch Our for Lucy" is great! So is "I'd Make Love to You Anytime", "Golden Ring", "If I Don't Be There By Morning", also "Promises." I enjoy the whole Album/CD. My favorite though would be "Tell Me That You Love Me."

On the new upcoming release I am really looking forward to hearing the Peter Green-era Fleetwood Mac tracks “Black Magic Woman” and “Man of the World.”

Here is a link from "Where's Eric!" website with some more info on the new release:

[www.whereseric.com]”-out-november-12

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 11, 2021 17:59

Hairball
Best track off of Backless imo, though there are several other great ones:

thumbs up

Date: September 14, 2021 02:04

So...Clapton commences the eight-date Southern U.S. tour today (the 13th). What are the safe measures of these concerts?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 14, 2021 03:39

RisingStone
So...Clapton commences the eight-date Southern U.S. tour today (the 13th). What are the safe measures of these concerts?

If one are worried, stay home?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-14 03:40 by MingSubu.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 14, 2021 04:08

Hey Eric. Always loved you and your music. You lived a tough life and can talk about what you have been through. Well I have too in many ways. You’re a multi millionaire with a car collection that people can only dream of You’ve met kings and queens and some of the greatest. Now do me a favor just shut up. You have nothing to bitch about.

Date: September 14, 2021 04:41

To me, losing use of his hands (which could have been permanent) from taking a 'vaccine' which was said (to him) to be harmless sounds like grounds. Or isn't he allowed to share his experience?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 14, 2021 05:24

terraplane
To me, losing use of his hands (which could have been permanent) from taking a 'vaccine' which was said (to him) to be harmless sounds like grounds. Or isn't he allowed to share his experience?

He’s been talking about neoropathy for awhile. Pre covid. Now he’s out on tour and recording. He hasn’t been on a respirator he hasn’t been hospitalized. Just another whiny multi multi millionaire. Maybe all those years of playing drinking and drugs caused a flare up. I’m sure he can grip the wheel on one of his 10 Ferraris.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-14 05:26 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 14, 2021 05:50

More Hot Rocks
terraplane

He’s been talking about neoropathy for awhile. Pre covid. Now he’s out on tour and recording. He hasn’t been on a respirator he hasn’t been hospitalized. Just another whiny multi multi millionaire. Maybe all those years of playing drinking and drugs caused a flare up. I’m sure he can grip the wheel on one of his 10 Ferraris.

Agreed 100%. He has had neuropathy for years and even announced he was going to stop touring because of it. If he was unvaxxed and caught it he would have ended up like John Prine and Toots Hibbard. The odds of him completing this tour unvaxxed and healthy would have been quite low as well.

First Clapton tour I have missed in a long time and don't feel bad about it.

Date: September 14, 2021 10:57

daspyknows

I don’t think you will miss a lot.

[www.setlist.fm]

Date: September 14, 2021 11:21

terraplane

He had neuropathy for years before he took the vaccine.

Date: September 14, 2021 12:09

Yes, in fact he was open about it. The main point he was making is that he was led to believe the vaccine was safe for everyone but in hindsight, he never should have taken the vaccine.

“Needless to say the reactions were disastrous, my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again.”

Clapton added that he suffered from peripheral neuropathy, which is described as a condition that results when nerves that carry messages to and from the brain and spinal cord from and to the rest of the body are damaged or diseased.

The rockstar admitted he “should’ve never gone near the needle,” but the “propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 14, 2021 12:35

beside all that Clapton didn't perform his new song last night

Date: September 14, 2021 12:41

terraplane

“Needless to say the reactions were disastrous, my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again.”

That's why we know it's BS. All of those symptoms are signs of neuropathy.

I know this first hand, as I've had the same symptoms as a side effect of chemo therapy.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 14, 2021 13:30

RisingStone
daspyknows

I don’t think you will miss a lot.

[www.setlist.fm]
14 song setlist of which four are acoustic . Yuck and bore ( playing acoustic ) I am a super mega EC fan . I remember a Concert Caravan Bus trip in 1994 during the From The Cradle tour ( great killer blues album ) so on the bus a lady turns and asks me if he will do Tears in Heaven ? That was the mentality in the early to mid 90's of that type of snooze fest /track . EC to me is so boring and dare I say elevator back ground music when he is playing acoustic . I know this sounds harsh , but on acoustic the listener is robbed of hearing EC signature vibrato and his work up and down the fretboard . I am spoiled as I prefer him playing a Gibson , but I will take a Fender . One of the all time best in the traditional 12 bar blues . Who can forget his killer work while in the super group CREAM . The Beano album with John Mayal's Blues Breakers -does not get any better than that !

Date: September 14, 2021 13:36

Agreed, not much there to get excited about. I know some people like it but turning Layla into an acoustic song was awful.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 14, 2021 13:38

makemeburnthecandle
Agreed, not much there to get excited about. I know some people like it but turning Layla into an acoustic song was awful.
Yup , one of EC best tunes made into mush .

Date: September 14, 2021 13:58

TheGreek
makemeburnthecandle
Yup , one of EC best tunes made into mush .

on 'unplugged' he says 'see if we can spoil this one' before plays 'Layla'. Well, he succeeded

Date: September 14, 2021 15:17

Incorrect. He says, "See if you can spot (recognise) this one"

Date: September 14, 2021 15:21

DandelionPowderman
terraplane

That's why we know it's BS. All of those symptoms are signs of neuropathy.

I know this first hand, as I've had the same symptoms as a side effect of chemo therapy.

Firstly, sorry to hear about your troubles. I have read about the link between chemotherapy and peripheral neuropathy.

There is also a link between COVID vaccines and peripheral neuropathy. John Hopkins says:

Many patients ask if they should get the COVID-19 vaccine, particularly if they have peripheral neuropathy. FPN’s Scientific Advisory Board Chairman, Dr. Ahmet Hoke of Johns Hopkins University, encourages patients to get the COVID-19 vaccine when offered. “The risks of COVID-19 far outweigh the risks of developing increased or new PN symptoms,” states Hoke.

Maybe Eric was one of the unlucky ones?

Date: September 14, 2021 16:11

terraplane
Incorrect. He says, "See if you can spot (recognise) this one"

hm, I always heard and still hear "spoil" and I thought/think he was joking. Anyway: I'm not a native English speaker… Still "spoil" makes more sense (a Freudian slip of the tongue?)

Date: September 14, 2021 16:13

He was ironic smiling smiley «See if you can spot this one»

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home