Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 30, 2021 17:04

Hairball
Bjorn
Great message - boring song. A great guy.

I'd say the opposite - decent tune, misguided message.

Agreed.

He is a great musician, but not an all-around great guy.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 30, 2021 18:12

I lost a lot of respect for the guy. I thought he was smart enough not to be misinformed by BS

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 30, 2021 18:52

now a comedic punchline...so sad.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 30, 2021 19:24

I just watched the You Tube clip of EC song and it was okay and middle of the road music wise and performance wise including his guitar work . As far as the lyrics go I didn't hear anything questionable or offensive and I can't disagree with the songs premise as this thing has to stop and How I wish it was all over with as well but that's just not the reality .

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 30, 2021 19:53

TheGreek
I just watched the You Tube clip of EC song and it was okay and middle of the road music wise and performance wise including his guitar work . As far as the lyrics go I didn't hear anything questionable or offensive and I can't disagree with the songs premise as this thing has to stop and How I wish it was all over with as well but that's just not the reality .

He says it’s a bs. That’s offensive to me. It’s real. Thousands have died. He says he can’t feel his hands. But he talked about having neuropathy for years. Yeah it’s offensive cause it’s bs on his part.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-30 19:54 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: August 30, 2021 20:15

More Hot Rocks
TheGreek

He says it’s a bs. That’s offensive to me. It’s real. Thousands have died. He says he can’t feel his hands. But he talked about having neuropathy for years. Yeah it’s offensive cause it’s bs on his part.

I don't think Clapton's neuropathy being exasperated by his vaccine injections can be considered BS, My physiotherapist has a pre-existing heart condition and it was exasperated significantly by the vaccine. He still supports the vaccine, but he's really worried about getting a 3rd dose/booster. And what if that becomes mandatory here in British Columbia at some point? I feel for my physiotherapist. It's a tough position to be in.

Unless Clapton has broken down his lyrics in an interview I don't think anyone can make a literal translation that extends beyond conjecture. He may be referring to lock-downs and vaccine mandates as BS not the existence of the virus itself. Although, I haven't been following his interviews, so maybe he has literally

I support vaccine mandates, I've had both jabs. I think people with legitimate pre-existing health conditions, that can't safely take the vaccine, should have reason to be frustrated. Unfortunately a lot of those same people look for allies in the wrong places and end up associating with the fringe conspiracy theorists.

Date: August 30, 2021 21:29

My take on the lyrics was they were to vague and probably done on purpose just for this type of specific . EC is no dummy . To me it came across as he was venting and probably frustrated by the whole situation . I just can't read into EC mind on a meaning beyond the lyrics . Fully vaxed (Pfizer )and ready to roll up my sleeve for the booster shot .

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 30, 2021 21:34

TheGreek
My take on the lyrics was they were to vague and probably done on purpose just for this type of specific . EC is no dummy . To me it came across as he was venting and probably frustrated by the whole situation . I just can't read into EC mind on a meaning beyond the lyrics . Fully vaxed (Pfizer )and ready to roll up my sleeve for the booster shot .

He’s made things pretty clear in interviews and recent songs. He’s an idiot

Date: August 30, 2021 21:35

Cooltoplady
TheGreek

He’s made things pretty clear in interviews and recent songs. He’s an idiot
so we are reading in between the lines of his lyrics ? Conjecture

Date: August 30, 2021 22:01

Paddy
Cooltoplady
Paddy
Never got the hype about Clapton. He wasn’t even god when it was being spray painted on walls. Peter Green was a far better blues player than Clapton.
But of a racist too...Ginger Baker was a better drummer than Clapton is guitar player.

So I guess you don’t play guitar or drums.

A little of both.. More guitar and for longer than drums. Always dicked around on drummers kits over the years and finally bought one 3/4 years ago.

I suppose music to me is feel, Ginger had a better feel for music through his instrument than Eric Clapton has. Peter Greens tone, feel, vibrato, bends, a delicate and aggressive style of playing all in one Song.

It’s not unusual to look at the components of a band. Clapton was at his biggest as a guitar god around the time of Cream, so I look at the trio, and he was one of them.

My mailman is better than my auto mechanic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-30 22:49 by Cooltoplady.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 31, 2021 00:31

Cooltoplady
Paddy
Cooltoplady
Paddy
Never got the hype about Clapton. He wasn’t even god when it was being spray painted on walls. Peter Green was a far better blues player than Clapton.
But of a racist too...Ginger Baker was a better drummer than Clapton is guitar player.

So I guess you don’t play guitar or drums.

A little of both.. More guitar and for longer than drums. Always dicked around on drummers kits over the years and finally bought one 3/4 years ago.

I suppose music to me is feel, Ginger had a better feel for music through his instrument than Eric Clapton has. Peter Greens tone, feel, vibrato, bends, a delicate and aggressive style of playing all in one Song.

It’s not unusual to look at the components of a band. Clapton was at his biggest as a guitar god around the time of Cream, so I look at the trio, and he was one of them.

My mailman is better than my auto mechanic

Cool.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 31, 2021 01:13

I thought Eric was commenting on government over reach. The imagery in the video supports that interpretation. And it has a nice melody.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-31 01:25 by terraplane.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 31, 2021 02:09

Funny to see some reaction.............. first he is or was one of the greatest guitar players in the world and if the lyrics/opinion doesn't fit he is a dickhead confused smiley

Reminds me of the quote by Jagger and then opposite “Americans are funny people: first you shock them, then they put you in a museum.”

Date: August 31, 2021 02:48

NICOS
Funny to see some reaction.............. first he is or was one of the greatest guitar players in the world and if the lyrics/opinion doesn't fit he is a dickhead confused smiley

Reminds me of the quote by Jagger and then opposite “Americans are funny people: first you shock them, then they put you in a museum.”

He can be one of greatest guitarists and still a putz.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 31, 2021 03:05

NICOS

That's cancel culture in full flight, baby!

Date: August 31, 2021 03:58

terraplane
I thought Eric was commenting on government over reach. The imagery in the video supports that interpretation. And it has a nice melody.

That's how I interpret it, too. Oh, and I've heard worser songs! A nice catchy tune.

Date: September 7, 2021 01:41

“Lockdown Sessions”

[www.universal-music.co.jp]

It seems that Japan has got the information first.
Will be shown at selected cinemas from Oct 8.

Date: September 7, 2021 02:35

retired_dog
terraplane

That's how I interpret it, too. Oh, and I've heard worser songs! A nice catchy tune.

Worser?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 7, 2021 03:06

RisingStone
“Lockdown Sessions”

Excellent. thumbs up

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 7, 2021 05:49

Does anyone believe this story.

[m.youtube.com]

I find it hard to believe Clapton thought Killing Floor was “too difficult” Hendrix player that track brilliantly no doubt, but I find it hard to believe Clapton’s reaction as told by those in the video.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 7, 2021 06:03

Paddy
Does anyone believe this story.

[m.youtube.com]

I find it hard to believe Clapton thought Killing Floor was “too difficult” Hendrix player that track brilliantly no doubt, but I find it hard to believe Clapton’s reaction as told by those in the video.

Don't know what he thought about the difficulty of Killing Floor, but have heard the rest of the story told similarly many times.

Great clip. Love it. Jimi was a force of nature no doubt.

Date: September 7, 2021 09:53

RisingStone
“Lockdown Sessions”

Thanks. A master musician. Looks like it will be great.

Date: September 7, 2021 09:56

Cooltoplady
retired_dog
terraplane

Worser?

I looked it up, and there are 21 instances of worser in Shakespeare's works.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 7, 2021 14:33

terraplane
RisingStone
“Lockdown Sessions”

Wow! Playing the same versions of Layla and Tears in Heaven that he has played live for 30 years in a studio. The Rolling Stones should also have done a lockdown session playing Start Me Up and Satisfaction in a studio. How obvious that this film was just done to get some new money...

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-07 14:41 by StonedRambler.

Date: September 7, 2021 18:15

StonedRambler
terraplane
RisingStone
“Lockdown Sessions”

Wow! Playing the same versions of Layla and Tears in Heaven that he has played live for 30 years in a studio. The Rolling Stones should also have done a lockdown session playing Start Me Up and Satisfaction in a studio. How obvious that this film was just done to get some new money...

Yeah, this gives an Unplugged Pt.2 vibe doesn’t it?

According to the info on the Japanese website:

1. It was recorded somewhere in rural England, February 2021.
2. It will be released in BR/DVD, but the on-cinema version has a more than 15-mins extra, rehearsals, behind-the-scene shots, interviews etc. The set lists are also somewhat different between them.
3. The Japanese subtitles that appear on the clip mention “Golden Ring” and “Black Magic Woman”.

That’s about it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 7, 2021 19:21

Would have loved to see the Stones do a "lockdown session" similar to this...especially while Charlie was still alive.
Whether they were doing it just "to get some new money" or not, it would have been great...after all, everything they do is for the money...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-07 19:22 by Hairball.

Date: September 8, 2021 00:30

StonedRambler
terraplane
RisingStone
“Lockdown Sessions”

Those two tracks are considered warhorses for Eric. I think we need to wait until it is released to see ifr it adds anything new to his body of work.

Date: September 10, 2021 01:24

Some more footage (Bell Bottom Blues and Golden Ring) from Eric's new forthcoming release:

Lockdown sessions

Sounds excellent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-10 01:26 by terraplane.

Date: September 10, 2021 03:24

According to the info on Where’s Eric website[www.whereseric.com] — can’t directly link the article for some technical reason —

"THE LADY IN THE BALCONY: LOCKDOWN SESSIONS” OUT NOVEMBER 12

01. Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out
02. Golden Ring
03. Black Magic Woman 
04. Man of the World
05. Kerry
06. After Midnight
07. Bell Bottom Blues 
08. Key to the Highway
09. River of Tears
10. Rock Me Baby
11. Believe in Life
12. Going Down Slow
13. Layla           
14. Tears in Heaven
15. Long Distance Call
16. Bad Boy
17. Got My Mojo Working

Indeed, some deep cuts there.
Also, the Japanese CD version has one bonus track, Isn’t It A Pity.

Date: September 10, 2021 04:48

Wow. Looks like it is going to be fantastic

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2116
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home