Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Date: July 21, 2021 11:40

DandelionPowderman

Why wouldn't all attend? But unvaccinated people would have to show a negative test. I hope he's not saying that everybody should gather in there without showing they're protected or negative.

People that didn't have their jab yet are at high risk: Those not vaccinated and vaccinated can still transmit the virus. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-21 11:41 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 21, 2021 12:51

terraplane
ANNOUNCEMENT FROM ERIC CLAPTON:
Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July 2021 I feel honour bound to make an announcement of my own:
I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present. Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show.
- - Eric Clapton.

Where can I see this announcement —- the link?

Date: July 21, 2021 12:54

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

Why wouldn't all attend? But unvaccinated people would have to show a negative test. I hope he's not saying that everybody should gather in there without showing they're protected or negative.

People that didn't have their jab yet are at high risk: Those not vaccinated and vaccinated can still transmit the virus. winking smiley

Indeed. But the risk is very low.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: July 21, 2021 13:09

RisingStone
terraplane
Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July 2021 I feel honour bound to make an announcement of my own:
I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present. Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show.
- - Eric Clapton.

The chichesterwestsussex page in Facebook

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 21, 2021 13:16

terraplane
- - Eric Clapton.

I wish to say that I won't attend any show where there are no strict safety rules are applied. Unless there is provision made that there are no people allowed to the venue without vaccination or a negative test that has been taken at the entrance of the venue I reserve the right to get a full refund for my ticket(s).

Date: July 21, 2021 13:26

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

Indeed. But the risk is very low.

Not in Holland. All bigger events are cancelled, and the light at the end of the tunnel is a locomotive.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 21, 2021 13:54

terraplane
RisingStone
terraplane
- - Eric Clapton.

[www.facebook.com]

That "announcement" doesn't appear on any of Clapton's official sites.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 21, 2021 14:01

what a mess

Date: July 21, 2021 14:01

bye bye johnny
terraplane
RisingStone
terraplane
- - Eric Clapton.

[www.facebook.com]

That "announcement" doesn't appear on any of Clapton's official sites.

That’s it.
I’m not a Facebooker so I can’t log in anyway.

Date: July 21, 2021 14:05

Ah, yes, I located it.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 21, 2021 17:35

Wow, what is wrong with Clapton ?!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 21, 2021 17:44

Sounds like Clapton needs to rename his US tour the Superspreader Tour. No way in hell would I go to any of these shows. Lets see what UK looks like in 6 months to see if the RAH shows make sense.

Date: July 21, 2021 17:52

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 21, 2021 19:08

Eric Clapton To Boycott Venues That Discriminate Against Audience

7/21/2021
By: Gideon Gottfried

Eric Clapton said he would not perform at venues that discriminate against their audience, following UK prime minister Boris Johnson's July 19 announcement that proof of vaccination would become an entry requirement to nightclubs and venues hosting large crowds.

The quote from the British guitarist and songwriter icon was given exclusively to London based architect, designer, architectural, urban, film & cultural theorist and commentator Robin Monotti Graziadei, who published it on its Telegram channel. It reads:

"Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July 2021 I feel honour bound to make an announcement of my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present. Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show."

Pollstar confirmed the authenticity of the quote. Clapton had previously sent an announcement on his vaccination experience through Monotti's channel and also gave him the right to the worldwide premiere of his latest song, “Rebels”.

[www.pollstar.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 21, 2021 19:13

He had me at "I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage".

About had it with these rock stars that think they're above the covid rules.. smiling smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Lol.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 21, 2021 19:38

gotdablouse
Wow, what is wrong with Clapton ?!

I see nothing wrong w/ it. Not sure what you're looking at.

Date: July 21, 2021 19:41

MisterDDDD

About had it with these rock stars that think they're above the covid rules.. smiling smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Lol.

It doesn't appear he's looking to break any rules. Just deciding on what venue's he will/won't play at, same as any other band.

Date: July 21, 2021 19:46

LeonidP
MisterDDDD

Lol.

It doesn't appear he's looking to break any rules. Just deciding on what venue's he will/won't play at, same as any other band.

Primarily posted for sarcasm as it relates to Mick's football dustup, but...
Looks like a rule, smells like a rule.. might just be a rule he thinks he's above (didn't say he broke winking smiley).

"following UK prime minister Boris Johnson's July 19 announcement that proof of vaccination would become an entry requirement to nightclubs and venues hosting large crowds.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: July 21, 2021 20:02

MisterDDDD

Lol.

thumbs up

Date: July 21, 2021 20:38

MisterDDDD
LeonidP
MisterDDDD

Lol.

Looks like a rule, smells like a rule.. might just be a rule he thinks he's above (didn't say he broke winking smiley).

"following UK prime minister Boris Johnson's July 19 announcement that proof of vaccination would become an entry requirement to nightclubs and venues hosting large crowds.

Got it, don't think its possible for him to be above or brake any rule, I don't think any venue is consulting him for their requirements. He has to abide by whatever they require.

Date: July 21, 2021 20:52

LeonidP
MisterDDDD
LeonidP
MisterDDDD

Lol.

Got it, don't think its possible for him to be above or brake any rule, I don't think any venue is consulting him for their requirements. He has to abide by whatever they require.

well, he surly can refuse to perform and tell his lawyers to sort out things…

Like so many other people Clapton mixes things up by using terms like 'discrimination' (or – like others did – 'apartheid'). But there's an inportant difference: While you cannot change the color of your skin or your sex it's very easy to change you vaccination status.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 22, 2021 01:22

slewan

Like so many other people Clapton mixes things up by using terms like 'discrimination' (or – like others did – 'apartheid'). But there's an inportant difference: While you cannot change the color of your skin or your sex it's very easy to change you vaccination status.

From non-vaccinated to vaccinated, yes. The other way around is a lot harder.

Date: July 22, 2021 02:35

EC's getting dragged profusely on social media on this.
Sad to see.. no one but himself to blame, but dayumm.

This from Valerie Bertinelli for an ex..

Valerie Bertinelli
@Wolfiesmom

Once a dick, always a dick.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: July 22, 2021 04:52

Someone posted an article where he trashed Eddie saying he sucked. Clapton is a miserable chap.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: July 22, 2021 07:50

Good for him, I support him on this.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 22, 2021 13:28

This makes me chuckle

Date: July 22, 2021 14:18

daspyknows
Sounds like Clapton needs to rename his US tour the Superspreader Tour. No way in hell would I go to any of these shows. Lets see what UK looks like in 6 months to see if the RAH shows make sense.

If the cancellation happens at all, it will be more likely the RAH than the U.S. shows where proof of vaccination is not required as far as I know...

Don’t know about the Euro shows, though. Does anybody have information re. gigs and requirement of proof of vaccination across the Channel, not only Clapton concerts but in general?

Date: July 22, 2021 14:37

RisingStone
daspyknows

If the cancellation happens at all, it will be more likely the RAH than the U.S. shows where proof of vaccination is not required as far as I know...

Don’t know about the Euro shows, though. Does anybody have information re. gigs and requirement of proof of vaccination across the Channel, not only Clapton concerts but in general?

maybe too early to tell… If you wonder what is going to happen when shows with larger audiences are allowed you might take a look at what happened in the Netherlands

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 22, 2021 14:41

I'm vaccinated, my wife and I have gone anywhere without worrying about who has or not been vaccinated. Get vaccinated......

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 22, 2021 15:49

StonedAsiaExile
Good for him, I support him on this.

Well, apparently "Clapton is God", so there's that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1765
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home