Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 18, 2021 17:17

All I know is that I am extremely grateful that I was able to get vaccinated. I myself am older and have a couple of significant pre-existing conditions that by themselves, in 2018 put me in the ICU for a week, where by the Grace of God, I managed to survive life threatening heart failure.

In my own family, two distant cousins were lost to COVID, while a third (who is as right wing conservative as you can get, believing initially that COVID was a hoax), was on a ventilator for 2 1/2 weeks, and she now sings a different tune about getting vaccinated.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-18 17:36 by Sighunt.

Posted by: RWFish ()
Date: May 18, 2021 23:32

I have been a fan of Eric Clapton since John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers. I am shocked at his world view regarding Covid 19.
Polio
Tetanus
Influenza
Rubella
Measles
Chicken Pox
Diphtheria
601,000 dead in the U.S. from Covid 19
33.7 million cases in the U.S. of Covid 19
If only people had listened to the medical community and followed the guidelines; these numbers would have been substantially less. Just a little bit of humanity for the larger population. But Eric Clapton 'wants to do his job & play the blues'. He is an idiot; this isn't rebellion, it's stupidity. Given all of Eric Clapton's life experiences [drug / alcohol addiction, the loss of his son], I expected him to have learned something. What a disappointment.

Date: May 19, 2021 00:28

look at how many deaths could have been avoided if not for the covid-deniers, the anti-maskers, the bleach-drinkers, the hydroxychloroquine-grifters, the conspiracy theorists, those that politicized a public health crisis and all the people who became experts from watching youtube videos and reading facebook pages made by people who have no idea what they’re talking about. smart leadership would have been a nice thing to have in a global pandemic. some countries had it, most did not. some had no leadership at all. some only saw it as yet another way to steal public money. herd immunity will now not be reached because of the anti-vaxxers and there will be many more deaths that could have been avoided.

[www.independent.co.uk]

[bylinetimes.com]

nobody ever accused clappers of being all that bright, but all this is pathetic. cecil should’ve steered him away from ivan the miserable. george would be embarrassed.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: May 19, 2021 00:28

LeonidP

Never said anything of the sort. Still, amazed, this is the first i've heard of guaranteed death, thanks for the update!

Yes, I think for someone in Clapton's age group it is closer to 8% chance of death.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 19, 2021 01:23

Clapton has always been cranky. Now that he's a senior citizen, I imagine being nearly paralyzed must have been terrifying, especially considering the push for everyone to get vaccinated as soon as possible. He's a good bloke for the most part. He's not really God you know.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 19, 2021 01:58

sundevil
if you are older and have an underlying condition you are not suppose to get the vaxcine. plus, if he did take the pfizer or moderna shots this may not have happened.
well my brother did had major heart surgery and had the vaccine. Lucky he is alive

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 19, 2021 05:16

Hairball
Clapton's "disastrous" vaccine story is making the rounds just about everywhere.
Certainly won't help convince those who are hesitant to take the vaccine, and the ant-vaxxers will use it as another weapon in their conspiracy theories.

No vaxxx for me, especially after Eric Clapton.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 19, 2021 05:56

triceratops
Hairball
Clapton's "disastrous" vaccine story is making the rounds just about everywhere.
Certainly won't help convince those who are hesitant to take the vaccine, and the ant-vaxxers will use it as another weapon in their conspiracy theories.

Thats funny. Any port in a storm I suppose.

jb

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 19, 2021 06:40

jbwelda
triceratops
Hairball

Thats funny. Any port in a storm I suppose.

jb

Makes me think of Charles Darwin especially since Darwin's Arch collapsed.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 19, 2021 08:29

It's just like German virologist Christian Drosten said:
since Covid won't completely disappear there are only two options: either get vaccinated or get the infection.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: May 20, 2021 16:41

triceratops
Hairball

Well, the dinosaur (simple) thinking isn't surprising...considering the username.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 20, 2021 19:55

Yes, this is embarrassing, on behalf of Clapton. But, knowing what I know of Clapton, he's not a great thinker, he's a guitarist. He has som many idiotic sides of himselves, though he agrees to that; and don't we all. I just wish his wife or somebody else would have stopped him from publishing what he did, as there are (especially in america) so many idiots who refuse to take the vaccine because of political stands, cowardness and the need the to be "against the system" - what a laugh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-20 20:20 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: May 20, 2021 20:45

Thank GOD, Eric is there, telling the truth. A grown up.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 21, 2021 11:36

But he took the 2nd shot? What a joke.
Seems like Racist Eric had a bit of a sore arm.

I f***ing loathe that guy.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 21, 2021 11:51

....but yeah ...

Where have all the rebels gone ?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: May 21, 2021 12:17

Killed by globalization?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 21, 2021 12:39

Shut up & play your guitar - Frank Zappa

Date: May 21, 2021 12:53

I read the story and I didn't see where Eric advocated for anyone to take or not take the 'vaccine'. He just shared his experience.

winking smileyRe: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 21, 2021 13:18

crholmstrom
Shut up & play your guitar - Frank Zappa
Words of Wisdom that I live By

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 21, 2021 15:06

Bjorn

How do you think he'd respond to the actual virus? You are an idiot.

Date: May 21, 2021 15:11

Erik_Snow
Bjorn

How do you think he'd respond to the actual virus? You are an idiot.

I think there was some irony involved there...

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: May 21, 2021 15:46

BowieStone
But he took the 2nd shot? What a joke.
Seems like Racist Eric had a bit of a sore arm.

I f***ing loathe that guy.

I have never heard of EC being referred to as racist before. All his heroes are black bluesmen from the US.

Posted by: Stoned80 ()
Date: May 21, 2021 15:46

Longtime Clapton fan here, and glad to see him speaking honestly about his vaccine experience.

The fact that EC is getting so much hate for this says alot more about our trashy society than it does Eric.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 21, 2021 16:02

Dude...the man is a racist and now a covid denier...how is society trash when we have this clown spewing his hate...maybe you are part of that trash?....go take a 5 min time out dude.

Posted by: Stoned80 ()
Date: May 21, 2021 16:47

Rip This
Dude...the man is a racist and now a covid denier...how is society trash when we have this clown spewing his hate...maybe you are part of that trash?....go take a 5 min time out dude.

How is he a covid denier when he willfully got the vaccine? And stop with the racial accusations, you sound silly. That word is so overused nowadays it has no real meaning anymore

And yes, society is trash when so many people in it pass judgement on others for their personal opinions. I personally got the vaccine but I’d never judge someone else who doesn’t want to. It’s a personal choice, and anyone who would admonish someone else for not taking an experimental vaccine is indeed pure trash.

Date: May 21, 2021 17:10

Stoned80
Rip This

How is he a covid denier when he willfully got the vaccine? And stop with the racial accusations, you sound silly. That word is so overused nowadays it has no real meaning anymore

And yes, society is trash when so many people in it pass judgement on others for their personal opinions. I personally got the vaccine but I’d never judge someone else who doesn’t want to. It’s a personal choice, and anyone who would admonish someone else for not taking an experimental vaccine is indeed pure trash.

I agree. All the hatred is just an attempt to distract from feelings of helplessness and powerlessness.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 21, 2021 17:11

Stoned80
Rip This

The nuttiness has no end! You are no longer allowed to have a dissenting opinion it seems - if you don't conform, off w/ your head!! Some here truly show a judgmental & venomous hatred, and somehow think they are good people themselves.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 21, 2021 17:17

Stoned80
Rip This

From People Magazine

By Tomás MierDecember 01, 2020 06:25 PM

"Not just leave the hall, leave our country... I don't want you here, in the room or in my country," he said in part.

"The Black w—s and c—s and Arabs and f—ing Jamaicans don't belong here, we don't want them here," Clapton added on stage then, using blatant racist slurs. "This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any Black w—s and c—s living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome."

The rant went on as he called England "a white country" made "for white people."

From me, not People Magazine: If this isn't racist, I don't know what is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-21 17:18 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: May 21, 2021 18:19

NashvilleBlues
Stoned80
Rip This

From People Magazine

By Tomás MierDecember 01, 2020 06:25 PM

"Not just leave the hall, leave our country... I don't want you here, in the room or in my country," he said in part.

"The Black w—s and c—s and Arabs and f—ing Jamaicans don't belong here, we don't want them here," Clapton added on stage then, using blatant racist slurs. "This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any Black w—s and c—s living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome."

The rant went on as he called England "a white country" made "for white people."

From me, not People Magazine: If this isn't racist, I don't know what is.

Would that quote come from the 1970's?

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 21, 2021 18:34

Clapton is great, he has the right of freedom of speech like anyone else - he said some stupid things half a century ago and apologized; trying to put shame upon him with digging out old stories is neither polite nor smart.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1371
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home