Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 3, 2021 21:04

daspyknows
1cdog
I totally agree with the comments above concerning the May RAH shows.

At some point someone was having a disconnect from reality and that was not helpful to fans at all. I mean someone in EC's camp actually added a show to the RAH schedule as recently as December.

I have probably seen maybe 40 EC and Cream shows at the RAH. Many fans from around the world travel to these shows.....Australia, Japan, USA and different European countries. A lot of time and expense would go in to just trying to attend these shows - all of which is magnified greatly in the face of a pandemic.

Again......someone not thinking.

When announced I doubted they would happen but I booked the trip just in case. No regrets in that regard since I scored the seats I wanted. They will happen eventually I hope.

The Saturday date that was added became available after the first 3 announced. If planned properly there should be little costs involved as airlines have waived cancellation fees. I booked a flight and fares were dirt cheap. I have since cancelled.

I am certainly hoping the shows happen too......eventually......

I miss my live music........

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 16, 2021 19:47

Out of the originally scheduled four shows, two have been postponed to 2022, while the other two cancelled due to the unavailability of the alternative dates.

[www.royalalberthall.com]

[www.whereseric.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 17, 2021 02:52

I heard the end of Layla somewhere recently (for the @#$%& billionth time) and something stuck out to me - I wasn't counting but for about 30 minutes before the piano part, with all 276 guitars going like garbage disposals, it's nothing but noise.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 14, 2021 23:20

”Eric Clapton after COVID vaccination: 'I should never have gone near the needle'”

[www.americasfrontlinedoctors.org]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 14, 2021 23:28

RisingStone
”Eric Clapton after COVID vaccination: 'I should never have gone near the needle'”

sounds more like fake new than like Clapton

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 14, 2021 23:54

slewan
RisingStone

If this is for real it means he was vaccinated. If he had caught Covid he would be dead with his health issues.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 15, 2021 00:22

If he had caught Covid he would be dead with his health issues.

YES ... quite a HIGH chance that coulda happened .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 17, 2021 05:17

Piggy-backing on the prior posts, Rolling Stone mag also reported on his COVID vaccine experience:

Eric Clapton Blames ‘Propaganda’ for ‘Disastrous’ Covid Vaccine Experience

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-17 05:21 by Sighunt.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 17, 2021 05:25

Sighunt
Piggy-backing on the prior posts, Rolling Stone mag also reported on his COVID vaccine experience:

Eric Clapton Blames ‘Propaganda’ for ‘Disastrous’ Covid Vaccine Experience

[www.rollingstone.com]

Very good to read he had a reaction.

THAT MEANS THAT THE VACCINE IS WORKING!

EC may well be God, but sometimes he's a tad daft.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: May 17, 2021 19:41

if you are older and have an underlying condition you are not suppose to get the vaxcine. plus, if he did take the pfizer or moderna shots this may not have happened.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2021 21:06

Clapton's "disastrous" vaccine story is making the rounds just about everywhere.
Certainly won't help convince those who are hesitant to take the vaccine, and the ant-vaxxers will use it as another weapon in their conspiracy theories.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 17, 2021 21:15

What if the pro-vaxxers are wrong. Have you thought about that? Who really knows the answer without a doubt. I would like to hear from these people. Maybe they're in contact with God. Please shed some light on me.

Date: May 17, 2021 21:37

Yes I've thought about it frankotero, and nobody really knows anything without a doubt, but I've chosen to trust the scientists and medical experts around the world.
Freedom of choice, believe whatever you want. I'm no expert and not here to convince anyone one way or another, just expressing myself.

Date: May 17, 2021 21:47

I'm all for "expressing yourself" and maybe you're right about the vaxxing and I'm wrong, who knows. But one thing for sure I would never try to sell my theories without offering the other side of the story. In this case we're dealing with sickness and death, both terrible without a doubt. I would not like to be responsible for spreading a disease but at the same time can I believe it's what I'm doing? Can you trust politicians and governments? After all the lies and deceit through time. Sure, I want to believe in humanity but it's very juvenile not to realize the bitter truth. Whatever is really going on I hope it has a positive outcome and a bright future. Even if it means I'm not in the picture. These are very strange times and in my opinion I think we need to care for each others feelings more than ever. Certainly attacking someone's position on this or even politics and religion preferences is of of no use. Please let's respect each other best as we can. That's my wish.

Date: May 17, 2021 21:49

By the way we're music fans, and I expect we're in touch more so with humanity than the average person. We feel, and that's what I love most about my connection to music. Cheers!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 17, 2021 21:49

frankotero
What if the pro-vaxxers are wrong. Have you thought about that? Who really knows the answer without a doubt. I would like to hear from these people. Maybe they're in contact with God. Please shed some light on me.

Not too much daylight between "what if pro-vaxxers are wrong" than "what if the earth is actually flat" at this point.
Not a matter of opinion anymore, it's a matter of scientific fact.

Damn shame about EC doubling down on this nonsense. My hunch is he was embarrassed after taking such a public flogging after the Morrison debacle, and is now trying to save face.
Making his drunken racist rants look like the good old days.

Date: May 17, 2021 21:57

frankotero
I'm all for "expressing yourself" and maybe you're right about the vaxxing and I'm wrong, who knows.

I don't think I ever said with absolute certainty that someone is right and someone is wrong.
In fact I said "..believe whatever you want. I'm no expert and not here to convince anyone one way or another".
I might trust the opinions of the scientists and medical experts over the conspiracy theorists, but that's a personal choice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-17 21:58 by Hairball.

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: May 17, 2021 21:59

Hi Frankotero,
You are correct - the knowledge is not complete yet- there is not enough data yet to know all outcomes for all groups who receive these treatments. The polio vaccine was begun in around 1935 and was effective by 1952. Along the way and after 1952 there were incidents. But more people would have died without the polio vaccine. The Covid 19 vaccines have a year of study data give or take.
Long term studies on certain groups are still being completed. And more guidelines will be available for side effects amongst risk groups.
It is like with any technology, a car, audio recording, computers, cell phones, it is an accumulative data process. Lots of amazing research happening right now at very high speeds compared to previous vaccine development timelines.
Here is the very interesting history of the polio vaccine.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Soundboard

Date: May 17, 2021 21:59

MisterDDDD, are you sure about these facts? Can you back them up without a doubt? For example can you tell me with statistics and facts if Trump was a good or bad President? I think you can't as nobody else can. We all have our personal vision but I would say be careful not to bully someone else with it. My thoughts are different on this subject (obviously) than others here. I try to respect you all as much as I can, but you have to accept the fact some of us are different and we don't mean any harm by it.

Date: May 17, 2021 23:07

sundevil
if you are older and have an underlying condition you are not suppose to get the vaxcine. plus, if he did take the pfizer or moderna shots this may not have happened.

Huh? Not supposed to get the vaccine? Where did that come from?

Date: May 17, 2021 23:12

frankotero
MisterDDDD, are you sure about these facts? Can you back them up without a doubt? For example can you tell me with statistics and facts if Trump was a good or bad President? I think you can't as nobody else can. We all have our personal vision but I would say be careful not to bully someone else with it. My thoughts are different on this subject (obviously) than others here. I try to respect you all as much as I can, but you have to accept the fact some of us are different and we don't mean any harm by it.

The question I have is whether you have had Covid or have do you know anyone who has died or suffered serious consequences from Covid? If you choose not to take it and you happen to catch it and get seriously ill or die , that too is your choice.

Date: May 17, 2021 23:42

I have good a immunity system and grateful for it. Have I already had it? There's many that don't know the answer to this question. Matter of fact my Wife had the most serious sickness of her life at the beginning of the Corona last year. Neither of us could explain it. We think it was Corona. Although I thought I would be sick next (like a flu) it never happened. In the future all this could change of course and I could even die from it. I don't know the real answers like anybody else. We're all guessing and speculating. If you or anyone else wants to take vaccinations please do, it's your right. I understand you think I'm being rebellious or uncompliant but this remains to be seen. By the way I was in the Military and have taken ridiculous amounts of immunizations and not afraid of them. Oddly my Wife who's generally not rebellious has decided against the vaccine. I've decided to follow her. After all we're together. She's a pretty smart lady. Time will tell what's true. Hang on.

Date: May 17, 2021 23:45

I forgot to add that I know of 2 people that doctors wanted to claim as corona deaths. One died from cancer and the other had dimentia. They both went to hospitals where they probably contracted Corona. Neither had it before then.

Date: May 18, 2021 00:10

Another after thought. We're all going to believe what we want. I hope you don't think I'm trying to sway anyone in any direction. That's not my intention. I have beliefs just like anyone. Some would say I'm foolish to share against the tide. Maybe they're right. I only do it because we're music fans and I think we can handle differences of opinions. At any rate I'm going to stop here because I'm not on any type of crusade. Press on, and I really hope to see some of you on future tours. We'll have a lot to talk about and great music to celebrate. Fingers are crossed!

Date: May 18, 2021 00:22

daspyknows
slewan
RisingStone

If this is for real it means he was vaccinated. If he had caught Covid he would be dead with his health issues.

Now we know this is real - from the Rolling Stone article: EricClapton

In the letter, Clapton also discussed discovering “heroes” like anti-lockdown U.K. politician Desmond Swayne as well as similarly-minded (and some would argue conspiratorial) YouTube channels.
“I continue to tread the path of passive rebellion and try to tow the line in order to be able to actively love my family, but it’s hard to bite my tongue with what I now know,” Clapton wrote.“Then I was directed to Van [Morrison]; that’s when I found my voice, and even though I was singing his words, they echoed in my heart,” Clapton wrote. “I recorded ‘Stand and Deliver’ in 2020, and was immediately regaled with contempt and scorn.”

Given that, seems he continues to be met with some of the same contempt and scorn as he was for Stand and Deliver, but probably more so now that this story is making the rounds.
Wondering though, since you decided to boycott Van Morrison based on his controversial views, do you feel the same about Clapton?

The reality is, any controversy surrounding Van Morrison hasn't affected his career much, in fact all the publicity might have helped.
His new record made it to #5 in the UK charts, and Clapton will probably survive any backlash in a simialr fashion..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-18 00:33 by Hairball.

Date: May 18, 2021 01:50

Hairball
daspyknows
slewan
RisingStone

Now we know this is real - from the Rolling Stone article: EricClapton

In the letter, Clapton also discussed discovering “heroes” like anti-lockdown U.K. politician Desmond Swayne as well as similarly-minded (and some would argue conspiratorial) YouTube channels.
“I continue to tread the path of passive rebellion and try to tow the line in order to be able to actively love my family, but it’s hard to bite my tongue with what I now know,” Clapton wrote.“Then I was directed to Van [Morrison]; that’s when I found my voice, and even though I was singing his words, they echoed in my heart,” Clapton wrote. “I recorded ‘Stand and Deliver’ in 2020, and was immediately regaled with contempt and scorn.”

Given that, seems he continues to be met with some of the same contempt and scorn as he was for Stand and Deliver, but probably more so now that this story is making the rounds.
Wondering though, since you decided to boycott Van Morrison based on his controversial views, do you feel the same about Clapton?

The reality is, any controversy surrounding Van Morrison hasn't affected his career much, in fact all the publicity might have helped.
His new record made it to #5 in the UK charts, and Clapton will probably survive any backlash in a simialr fashion..

I strongly disagree with his opinions on Covid. The boycott of Van is a combination of things of which Covid is one. After the last Van show I saw I wasn't going to spend $350 to see him ever again. The show before that wasn't great either but at least I was given the ticket. I wouldn't go on an arena tour to see Clapton these days either. Going to London to see him at Royal Albert Hall or something like the Ginger Baker tribute is different.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 18, 2021 03:42

daspyknows
slewan
RisingStone

Wow, didn't know covid had a 100% death rate.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 18, 2021 03:55

>”Eric Clapton after COVID vaccination: 'I should never have gone near the needle'”

I think thats what he said back in, oh, 1972. And 73, and...

jb

Date: May 18, 2021 04:01

LeonidP
daspyknows
slewan
RisingStone

Aren't you the one who says it only affects old people with pre-existing conditions like emphysema or is it that Covid is just a hoax?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 18, 2021 16:25

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
slewan
RisingStone

Aren't you the one who says it only affects old people with pre-existing conditions like emphysema or is it that Covid is just a hoax?

Never said anything of the sort. Still, amazed, this is the first i've heard of guaranteed death, thanks for the update!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1982
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home