Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 58
Re: Eric Clapton with Ronnie Wood, Larry Coryell and Freddie King 1976 footage
Date: July 7, 2020 13:35

DiamondDog7
...don't forget the late great Larry Coryell! The Godfather of Jazz Fusion guitar.

Thanks for that great post. I remember seeing Larry a few years ago, at the North Sea Jazz Club in Amsterdam, not long before he passed away. He was heavily overweighted and had to sit in a chair, but still playing great. The club went bankrupt a few years ago, a big loss for Amsterdamned music lovers.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-07 14:27 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: July 7, 2020 15:07

TheflyingDutchman
DiamondDog7
...don't forget the late great Larry Coryell! The Godfather of Jazz Fusion guitar.

Thanks for that great post. I remember seeing Larry a few years ago, at the North Sea Jazz Club in Amsterdam, not long before he passed away. He was heavily overweighted and had to sit in a chair, but still playing great. The club went bankrupt a few years ago, a big loss for Amsterdamned music lovers.

I think I was at the same gig. I can call Larry a friend/teacher of mine. He was getting tired from the long trips during a tour. It would break him he said. But he still can play as a monster! ;-)

Date: July 7, 2020 15:13

DiamondDog7
TheflyingDutchman
DiamondDog7

I think I was at the same gig. I can call Larry a friend/teacher of mine. He was getting tired from the long trips during a tour. It would break him he said. But he still can play as a monster! ;-)

It was with Joey deFrancesco on Hammond, another monster.

I just found this: 2012, Larry in Amsterdam.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-07 15:41 by TheflyingDutchman.

Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 6, 2020 18:26

Back to the RAH 2021 — May 14, 17 and 18
Roll on to the Stones, hopefully.

[www.whereseric.com]

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: October 7, 2020 15:26

Do you know the presale codes for Ticketmaster UK for these shows?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 7, 2020 18:39

RisingStone

[www.whereseric.com]

I can hardly imagine that these shows will happen…

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 7, 2020 19:39

slewan
RisingStone

[www.whereseric.com]

I can hardly imagine that these shows will happen…

I agree. Buying tickets just in case, but would put the chance at 1 in 3 at most. If I score the tickets I want will hold for the 2022 rescheduled dates.

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: October 7, 2020 21:31

I still see some tickets available on the presale. If anyone has the presale code, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

Date: October 8, 2020 01:43

rbarnes00
Do you know the presale codes for Ticketmaster UK for these shows?

Belated, but sorry I don’t.

If RAH won’t happen, it is unlikely the subsequent, rescheduled European dates will do, either...

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: October 8, 2020 03:11

video: [stiriinternationale.ro] Clapton backs Van Morrison's call to save live music,

Date: October 8, 2020 21:04

Bought tickets in the event it happens. If it's rescheduled seats are locked in, it it doesn't happen I get my money back.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 8, 2020 21:07

daspyknows
Bought tickets in the event it happens. If it's rescheduled seats are locked in, it it doesn't happen I get my money back.

Same! See you there, Mr. Spy.

Date: October 8, 2020 22:14

ChrisL
daspyknows

Corner table at the lobby just like last time. smileys with beer

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 8, 2020 23:57

daspyknows
ChrisL
daspyknows

Corner table at the lobby just like last time. smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Date: October 10, 2020 19:00

After some consideration, I managed a nosebleed seat for Monday and Tuesday, one each. Whether the shows will happen remains to see...

Date: December 3, 2020 14:41

RAH extra show added — May 15 (Sat), 2021.

[www.whereseric.com]

More probable the shows will happen perhaps?

Date: December 3, 2020 18:11

RisingStone

[www.whereseric.com]

Grabbed seats. I think the vax has something to do with this. Going to make sure I get the needle twice in April.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 3, 2020 20:59

daspyknows
RisingStone

[www.whereseric.com]

Grabbed seats. I think the vax has something to do with this. Going to make sure I get the needle twice in April.

Wondering if there will be other safety measures such as proof of vaccination as was mentioned as a possibility from ticketmaster a few weeks ago for future shows.
Curious to find out how it all works out, and look forward to seeing and hearing new clips from Clapton - maybe Van will make a special appearance to duet on their new tune Stand and Deliver!

Date: March 1, 2021 15:32

European tour rescheduled (again) to 2022.
RAH to follow.

[www.whereseric.com]

Date: March 1, 2021 15:41

surprise, surprise… 

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: March 1, 2021 16:57

It's a shame, would have thought That concerts in summer would go ahead. Fear reigns the world, we want Total safety without any risk. Still Holding on to my Tickets!

Date: March 2, 2021 06:54

Have tickets and actually happy with this news. Will plan for 2022.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 2, 2021 13:01

slewan
surprise, surprise… 

No surprise whatsoever ... none at all. What the blazes people were thinking by announcing these shows for MAY 2021 - I cannot possibly imagine. NUTS. There was never a chance ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 2, 2021 13:34

paulywaul
slewan
surprise, surprise… 

No surprise whatsoever ... none at all. What the blazes people were thinking by announcing these shows for MAY 2021 - I cannot possibly imagine. NUTS. There was never a chance ...
For sure and the over riding thought of filling the coffers and damn the pandemic I guess . Cooler heads prevailed as it's not safe .

Re: Eric Clapton with Ronnie Wood and Freddie King 1976 footage
Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: March 2, 2021 21:20

DiamondDog7

Ronnie Wood, Texas blues legend Freddie King, a smiling Larry Coryell, and Eric Clapton playing "Further on Up the Road" at Crystal Palace Garden Party IX, July 31, 1976.

Date: March 2, 2021 23:53

paulywaul
slewan
surprise, surprise… 

it's called irony…

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 3, 2021 05:17

slewan
paulywaul
slewan
surprise, surprise… 

it's called irony…

Astonishing, I'd never have guessed !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 3, 2021 17:48

I totally agree with the comments above concerning the May RAH shows.

At some point someone was having a disconnect from reality and that was not helpful to fans at all. I mean someone in EC's camp actually added a show to the RAH schedule as recently as December.

I have probably seen maybe 40 EC and Cream shows at the RAH. Many fans from around the world travel to these shows.....Australia, Japan, USA and different European countries. A lot of time and expense would go in to just trying to attend these shows - all of which is magnified greatly in the face of a pandemic.

Again......someone not thinking.

Date: March 3, 2021 18:40

1cdog
I totally agree with the comments above concerning the May RAH shows.

At some point someone was having a disconnect from reality and that was not helpful to fans at all. I mean someone in EC's camp actually added a show to the RAH schedule as recently as December.

I have probably seen maybe 40 EC and Cream shows at the RAH. Many fans from around the world travel to these shows.....Australia, Japan, USA and different European countries. A lot of time and expense would go in to just trying to attend these shows - all of which is magnified greatly in the face of a pandemic.

Again......someone not thinking.

When announced I doubted they would happen but I booked the trip just in case. No regrets in that regard since I scored the seats I wanted. They will happen eventually I hope.

The Saturday date that was added became available after the first 3 announced. If planned properly there should be little costs involved as airlines have waived cancellation fees. I booked a flight and fares were dirt cheap. I have since cancelled.

Re: Eric Clapton with Ronnie Wood and Freddie King 1976 footage
Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: March 3, 2021 19:12

gustavobala
DiamondDog7

Ronnie Wood, Texas blues legend Freddie King, a smiling Larry Coryell, and Eric Clapton playing "Further on Up the Road" at Crystal Palace Garden Party IX, July 31, 1976.

[rocksoff.org]

23rd june, vienna, was the last stones show from 1976 tour

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home