Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 18, 2020 09:19

Lien
Crossroads , finale

[youtu.be]

Are there FOUR drummers on stage PLUS a percussionist?? FOUR??? Who were they?

Rod

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 18, 2020 10:28

Drummers were Kofi Baker, Sonny Emory, Steve Gadd and interchanging between Henry Spinetti and Kenny Jones. It is Henry Spinetti doing the percussion element that you can see.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 18, 2020 10:43

Band Line Up:
Eric Clapton - guitar / vocals
Paul Carrack - organ / keyboards / vocals
Chris Stainton - keyboards
Sonny Emory - drums
Steve Gadd - drums
Willie Weeks - bass
Katie Kissoon - vocals
Sharon White - vocals

Special Guests:
Steve Winwood - organ / vocals
Roger Waters - bass
Nile Rodgers - guitar
Ronnie Wood - guitar
Kofi Baker - drums
Kenney Jones - drums
Henry Spinetti - drums
Will Johns - guitar from whereseric.com

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: February 18, 2020 11:19

Definitely one of the best shows I have ever seen.
Besides the amazing Cream set, almost the full Blind Faith album (I think only Sea of Joy missing)

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 18, 2020 11:39

ChrisL
Besides the amazing Cream set, almost the full Blind Faith album (I think only Sea of Joy missing)
Same as the Clapton/Winwood shows back in 2010. Sad, cause thats a fantastic song and it always get the shaft. Great Clapton riff, incredible Winwood vocals, and driving Baker drumming.

Date: February 18, 2020 11:58

RollingFreak
ChrisL
Same as the Clapton/Winwood shows back in 2010. Sad, cause thats a fantastic song and it always get the shaft. Great Clapton riff, incredible Winwood vocals, and driving Baker drumming.

Agreed I wish they played Sea of Joy, but this was obviously different to the Clapton-Winwood sets with all the amazing Cream stuff thrown in.
Just a fantastic night.
(I also wish they did Early in the Morning. That would have been great, too.)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 18, 2020 12:07

ChrisL

I would second that, it was indeed rather amazing. And I was lucky enough to see one of the four CREAM reunion shows in 2005 at the RAH ...

Lovely slide guitar contribution from our very own SIR Ronnie Wood !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-18 12:11 by paulywaul.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 18, 2020 12:49

Is it going to be released? CD, DVD??

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 18, 2020 13:16

KeithNacho
Is it going to be released? CD, DVD??

There is a fan collaboration project. We will probably release through the charity if they want to help raise a few bucks in honor of Ginger. Multi hi def cameras plus primo audio.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 18, 2020 15:01

An evening of Cream & Blind Faith re-revisited by Eric & Co. It kind of felt like a combination of the 2005 Cream Reunion and the subsequent years’ Clapton/Winwood tours 2008-2011. Moreover, some songs that weren’t performed on those occasions thrown in — that is, Strange Brew, I Feel Free, Blue Condition and Do What You Like. Also, Tales Of Brave Ulysses had only been revived at the Cream Reunion MSG, but not RAH. A fantastic night indeed.

That being said, I have something to add —

daspyknows
Best Clapton show I have seen. Top 5 concert ever.

The above comment by daspyknows sounds somewhat far fetched to me. I have seen Eric live almost over the five decades since mid-70’s — more than a hundred shows in total to this day. Out of these shows I attended, I can easily count at least twenty shows that are better than this one, probably more.

Eric played well last night — but it is an undeniable fact that his best days as a performing guitarist are behind, sad to say. Time waits for no one — even God.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-18 15:04 by RisingStone.

Date: February 18, 2020 15:43

RisingStone
An evening of Cream & Blind Faith re-revisited by Eric & Co. It kind of felt like a combination of the 2005 Cream Reunion and the subsequent years’ Clapton/Winwood tours 2008-2011. Moreover, some songs that weren’t performed on those occasions thrown in — that is, Strange Brew, I Feel Free, Blue Condition and Do What You Like. Also, Tales Of Brave Ulysses had only been revived at the Cream Reunion MSG, but not RAH. A fantastic night indeed.

daspyknows

The above comment by daspyknows sounds somewhat far fetched to me. I have seen Eric live almost over the five decades since mid-70’s — more than a hundred shows in total to this day. Out of these shows I attended, I can easily count at least twenty shows that are better than this one, probably more.

Eric played well last night — but it is an undeniable fact that his best days as a performing guitarist are behind, sad to say. Time waits for no one — even God.

I didn't get to see anything in the 70's and a few in the 80's. Most of my Clapton show have been from the past 15 years and aside from the London Cream reunion (I didn't attend) there was not a show out of the 50 or so that I have seen that matched this.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 18, 2020 16:04

daspyknows
I didn't get to see anything in the 70's and a few in the 80's. Most of my Clapton show have been from the past 15 years and aside from the London Cream reunion (I didn't attend) there was not a show out of the 50 or so that I have seen that matched this.

Ah, that makes sense.
Of the more recent years, the 2013 tour is among those I rate better than last night. Stellar performance combined with a good, refreshing setlist. And Eric’s stunning guitar play shone through.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: February 18, 2020 16:42

Lots of Youtube vids from the last night.

None of the Blue Condition or Do What You Like.

Damn!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: February 18, 2020 16:55

RisingStone

daspyknows

As Keith.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: February 18, 2020 17:40

paulywaul
ChrisL

I would second that, it was indeed rather amazing. And I was lucky enough to see one of the four CREAM reunion shows in 2005 at the RAH ...

Lovely slide guitar contribution from our very own SIR Ronnie Wood !!

fantastic ! [www.youtube.com]

OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 18, 2020 19:22

Photo by Raphael Pour-Hashemi

[twitter.com]

Date: February 18, 2020 19:35

Just as I wish the Stones could reign it all back in, and become a bar band again, I think the same of Clapton. And that whole gang. How many more tribute. mega all-star, goodbye shows is he going to do?
Yes they are great shows. Best of the best; songs are classics.
But I got to say he should go Belichik. One huge victory; then dump it all, and start from scratch.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: February 18, 2020 19:46

>>> During White Room I had the epiphany moment that I was watching a musician from The Who, Stones, Floyd and Cream all on a stage even though I have seen them all before together and apart.

Kenney Jones is really more The Small Faces & Faces drummer. Sure, he played with The Who and is on a couple of albums, but Zakk Starkey is more of The Who's drummer, and really, Keith Moon is the Who's drummer. He was even loonier than Ginger. Wonder how those two got along?

Anyhow, thanks for the reports. Looks like a fun night.

Date: February 18, 2020 20:32

Intro/Sunshine of Your Love (with Roger Waters) - [www.youtube.com]

Strange Brew (with Roger Waters) - [www.youtube.com]

White Room (with Roger Waters and Ronnie Wood) - [www.youtube.com]

I Feel Free/Tales of Brave Ulysses (with Nile Rodgers and Paul Carrack) - [www.youtube.com]

Sweet Wine (with Paul Carrack) - [www.youtube.com]

Blue Condition - [www.youtube.com]

Badge (with Ronnie Wood) - [www.youtube.com]

Pressed Rat and Warthog (with Kofi Baker) -

Had To Cry Today (with Steve Winwood and Nile Rodgers) - [www.youtube.com]

Presence of the Lord (with Steve Winwood and Nile Rodgers) - [www.youtube.com]

Can't Find My Way Home (with Steve Winwood and Nile Rodgers) - [www.youtube.com]

Well All Right (with Steve Winwood and Nile Rodgers) - [www.youtube.com]

Do What You Like/Toad (with Steve Winwood, Ronnie Wood, Nile Rodgers and drum solo by Kofi Baker) - [www.youtube.com] (second half; mostly just drum solo)

ENCORE:

Crossroads (with everyone) - [www.youtube.com]

Thanks so much to everyone for their videos. This looks like it was a momentous event and glad to have so much of it captured.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-21 01:24 by RollingFreak.

Date: February 18, 2020 21:01

Stray thoughts watching the videos thus far:

Eric sounds great on Sunshine of Your Love and Badge. Its a really spirited version of Badge, with a false ending even. And Ronnie doing the boogie woogie. Really great.

Nuts how many are gone as you listen. Eric is the only remaining Cream member (again, insane to think of how strung out he was at so many different times in his career and has someone lived to eulogize them all), George Harrison is gone when I'm listening to Badge and getting a tear to my eye. Rick Wright is dead when I watch Roger Waters. Ugh, its hard to lose my rock and roll legends. Thats why, even if it sucked which thankfully it didn't, its so historic to have all these guys on one stage.

Date: February 18, 2020 21:33

RollingFreak
Stray thoughts watching the videos thus far:

Eric sounds great on Sunshine of Your Love and Badge. Its a really spirited version of Badge, with a false ending even. And Ronnie doing the boogie woogie. Really great.

Nuts how many are gone as you listen. Eric is the only remaining Cream member (again, insane to think of how strung out he was at so many different times in his career and has someone lived to eulogize them all), George Harrison is gone when I'm listening to Badge and getting a tear to my eye. Rick Wright is dead when I watch Roger Waters. Ugh, its hard to lose my rock and roll legends. Thats why, even if it sucked which thankfully it didn't, its so historic to have all these guys on one stage.

Ric Grech also gone, leaving the only remaining members of Blind Faith up there as well.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 18, 2020 22:00

Ronnie is great next to God.

Good job, Ron!

Date: February 18, 2020 22:52

Glad to see Eric sang "Blue Condition"; after all, he sang on the demo track way back (though I love final version with Peter Edward more).

Now we only need to see that one track...

Dum, da-da-dum... do right... use your head...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-18 22:54 by Milan.

Date: February 18, 2020 23:00

Strange Brew added here and to my original bigger post with all the videos:

[www.youtube.com]

Still missing Sweet Wine, Presence of the Lord, Do What You Like/Toad and Pressed Rat and Warthog.

Date: February 18, 2020 23:05

Thanks man. Sweet wine & Pressed rat we saw performed in 2005 with Cream, Presence of the Lord with Eric & Stevie few years later (I thank God on my knees that I got to see them in Belgrade 2010), but what we really need to see now is... Dum, da-da-dum... dum, da-da-dum... do right!!!

Date: February 19, 2020 00:01

Agreed that Do What You Like and Blue Condition were IMO the priorities. Really wanted to see how those were done, even though Do What You Like is probably pretty similar to Toad. I'd be curious of Pressed Rat just because its a weird little song. Overall, just very thankful so many people took so many great videos of the night!

Date: February 19, 2020 02:58

Well, found it. First part is sadly missing though; pity, wanted to hear Winwood's vocals...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 19, 2020 13:54

There is multi camera full 4K video shot of this show. It will be synched with one if the audio sources. This is a fan project but willing to bet some a hole goes and sells it.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 19, 2020 21:19

Time stands still for no one . Ginger's gone , Jack Bruce is gone !

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: February 19, 2020 21:44

Any release date of the Blueray/DVD of the last Crossroads Festival in Texas ? eye rolling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home