Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 26, 2019 13:32

@Greek Hammersmith Apollo

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 26, 2019 13:52

TheGreek
Where is this supposed to take place ?

Link's in the post. > [www.eventimapollo.com]

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: November 26, 2019 15:09

Clapton sat in with Hawkwind in Guildford last night (this is not a wind up)

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 26, 2019 16:28

johnnythunders

He has done this before on quite a few occasions.
Guildford is of course not far from his English country home.
Sadly, I cannot imagine Mick or Keith doing the same in their 'home' areas. I assume Connecticut, for example has a music scene with venues to match?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 26, 2019 16:50

bye bye johnny
TheGreek
Where is this supposed to take place ?

Link's in the post. > [www.eventimapollo.com]
Thank You

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 26, 2019 17:03

jlowe
johnnythunders

Sadly, I cannot imagine Mick or Keith doing the same in their 'home' areas. I assume Connecticut, for example has a music scene with venues to match?
I live in CT...it's got plenty of venues. If Keith ever wanted to, he could find anything from theater and club shows to arena shows (XL Center, MGM Grand, Mohegan Sun) to show up at.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 26, 2019 17:18

Is Toads still open in CT?

Also, for the Ginger Baker tribute, I wonder what they play. Has to just be mostly Cream and Blind Faith stuff I'd think, right? But also, its hard to play Cream when its just Clapton, and Clapton and Winwood have done Blind Faith stuff on their own and it ends up being more about them and really nothing about Ginger.

I'll be curious what they pull out for this thing. Its not like if it was a tribute for someone like Ringo who had legit songs people could perform.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 26, 2019 17:25

Toad's Place is still around. Legendary venue, never been there myself.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 26, 2019 17:48

Should be fantastic and historical no matter who (besides Clapton), what (setlist), where (Hammersmith Apollo), why (they were friends and it's for charity), and how ( maybe televised or livestreamed?).

"A one-time only concert from Eric Clapton to celebrate the musical life of his dear friend Ginger Baker.
The set list for the concert will look to honour Baker’s lifetime in music and will, of course, include Clapton and Baker’s work together in Cream and Blind Faith.
Forthcoming announcements will detail the artist line-up. The event will be held in aid of Leonard Cheshire, a charity close to the Baker family".

Read more at [www.eventimapollo.com]

Would love to attend. thumbs up

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 26, 2019 18:46

keefriff99
jlowe
johnnythunders

I live in CT...it's got plenty of venues. If Keith ever wanted to, he could find anything from theater and club shows to arena shows (XL Center, MGM Grand, Mohegan Sun) to show up at.

Silver Machine in Guildford last night.

More here.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

OT:Eric Clapton & Friends: A Tribute to Ginger Baker - February 17, 2020
Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: November 28, 2019 22:55

Eric Clapton & Friends: A Tribute to Ginger Baker will take place Monday, February 17, 2020 at the Eventim Apollo Hammersmith in London.

The set list for the concert will look to honour Baker’s lifetime in music and will, of course, include Clapton and Baker’s work together in Cream and Blind Faith.

Forthcoming announcements will detail the artist line-up.

Tickets for the event will go on sale on Friday 29th November at 10:00am at www.eventimapollo.com / Tel: 0844 249 1000

A WEEK BEFORE THE PETER GREEN TRIBUTE SHOW...be it that Peter is still alive, I f Bill Wyman is scheduled for PG hopefully he can turn out for Ginger B?

Re: OT:Eric Clapton & Friends: A Tribute to Ginger Baker - February 17, 2020
Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: November 29, 2019 02:43

I may try to make this. A quick flight in and out.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 29, 2019 04:07

If I can get the seats I want I am there.

update:

Got tickets

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-29 12:22 by daspyknows.

Date: November 29, 2019 20:14

These should be good.

[www.sfgate.com]

Date: December 4, 2019 23:33

Eric Clapton Performs At 2019 Fashion Awards 02.Dec.19

The star-studded Fashion Awards 2019 took place at London's Royal Albert Hall on December 2. The 2019 honoree for outstanding achievement in fashion was Giorgio Armani. To honor the revered designer, the event closed with waves of his iconic designs modeled on stage plus a set from his long-time friend, Eric Clapton.

Eric, accompanied by an orchestra, and band members Chris Stainton (keyboards), Nathan East (bass), and Sonny Emory (drums) performed two songs on acoustic guitar - "Tears In Heaven" and "Layla."

Date: December 5, 2019 05:49

My friend who works for Livenation showed me shows for next year and Eric Clapton is playing MSG next year in September. Just FYI. I laughed cause I'm like "he's done 4 farewells in New York recently."

Date: December 5, 2019 21:07

RollingFreak
My friend who works for Livenation showed me shows for next year and Eric Clapton is playing MSG next year in September. Just FYI. I laughed cause I'm like "he's done 4 farewells in New York recently."

Clapton has never said they were farewells. He said he wasn't going to tour much due to health reasons. Has been better so he has been playing a bit more.

Date: December 6, 2019 00:20

daspyknows
RollingFreak

Clapton has never said they were farewells. He said he wasn't going to tour much due to health reasons. Has been better so he has been playing a bit more.

The ones a couple years ago at MSG that were like $500 was absolutely implied to be a sort of farewell. I don't care, its fine, but they were priced that way.

Date: December 10, 2019 07:22

RollingFreak
daspyknows
RollingFreak

The ones a couple years ago at MSG that were like $500 was absolutely implied to be a sort of farewell. I don't care, its fine, but they were priced that way.

Always priced that way in US. People are willing to pay it, like the Stones in that respect.

OT: Royal Marsden Cancer Charity,ft Eric Clapton The O2, London 3/3/20
Date: December 2, 2019 13:48

Another day another EC gig!

Royal Marsden Cancer Charity,ft Eric Clapton The O2, London on Tues 3rd March 2020

Performers include Eric Clapton, the legendary Tom Jones, Gary Brooker of Procol Harum plus Simply Red’s Mick Hucknall, John Illsley from Dire Straits, Paul Jones, Rick Wakeman from Yes, Mike Rutherford and Paul Carrack and the unstoppable Bonnie Tyler, plus Paul Young and Zucchero will perform the smash hit duet Senza una Donna.

Tickets go on general sale on Friday 5th December at 10am

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-02 13:49 by ukcal.

Re: OT: Royal Marsden Cancer Charity,ft Eric Clapton The O2, London 3/3/20
Date: December 2, 2019 23:40

Already going over for the Ginger Baker Tribute. Might need to turn this into a 19 day trip.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 3, 2019 00:38

I see from the cast list that the only Artist who us 'legendary ' is Sir Tom Jones !

Date: December 3, 2019 00:54

Solid lineup. I like a lot of those names. And props to Eric recently for doing so much for others. Good usage of still being God.

Date: December 3, 2019 18:39

jlowe
I see from the cast list that the only Artist who us 'legendary ' is Sir Tom Jones !

confused smiley

Clapton, Cat Stevens, John Illsley, Gary Brooker, Graham Broad, Ian Paice, Rick Wakeman are nobodies I guess.

Date: December 4, 2019 19:28

pre sales thursday 5th dec guys

This is a hidden presale and can only be accessed at the following page: [www.ents24.com]

OT: Clapton - Ginger Baker Tribute 17 Feb
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 13:03

Strong hints from Nettie Baker (Ginger’s daughter) that Charlie will be playing. Looks like Steve Winwood is being hinted at too.

Re: OT: Clapton - Ginger Baker Tribute 17 Feb
Date: February 6, 2020 13:16

More here: [iorr.org]

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: February 6, 2020 15:32

Master Winwood, Charlie, Slowhand... sounds great.

Date: February 6, 2020 18:03

Mark Knoplfer too. He has posted links to the show.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:08

Roger Waters has confirmed he is playing

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1249
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home