Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton Rockin' and Feelin' Good!!!
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 16, 2019 04:43

KeylockSanchezandCo
Has he ever played a club gig in London before or during his RAH residencies? I had the chance to see Ronnie and Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scott's in November, but I doubt Clapton will play there again.

Never heard of him doing that. Actually going to see Al Dimeola there on the off night.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 16, 2019 09:13

StonedRambler
I hate going to Clapton concerts, not because of Clapton, he's amazing. But the audience is ALWAYS seating the whole concert except for the last song. Not much different to watching a DVD

I saw him twice - in 2013 in Prague and in 2014 in Vienna and both concerts had GA on the floor, which was great. I will see him again in June in Vienna and it is all-seated this time and yes, I am a little worried about what you write about. On the other hand, I have seen some all-seated concerts in Vienna and during most of them the audience stood up pretty early during the gig, the Austrian audience is usually great.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 16, 2019 09:33

I haven't been to see EC for a good number of years now, and wouldn't be prompted to change that by his recent set lists.

If on the other hand he was playing 2 hours of Blues...I'd be first in the queue.

Just my tastes I suppose. I don't dislike Eric's own material down the years but, for me, it's his Blues playing that makes him great.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 16, 2019 14:09

StonedRambler
I hate going to Clapton concerts, not because of Clapton, he's amazing. But the audience is ALWAYS seating the whole concert except for the last song. Not much different to watching a DVD

Except that if you are below average height and the folks in front of you are not...then you are pretty stuffed.
Which, if you have paid a lot of dosh for your SEATS, is very irritating.
People can be very selfish.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 17, 2019 15:05

Nippon Budokan, Tokyo, Apr 17, 2019

01. Pretending
02. Key To The Highway
03. Wanna Make Love To You
04. Hoochie Coochie Man
05. I Shot The Sheriff

06. Driftin‘
07. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out
08. Tears In Heaven
09. Layla(acoustic/unplugged)
10. Running On Faith

11. Badge
12. Wonderful Tonight
13. Crossroads
14. LIttle Queen Of Spades
15. Cocaine

Encore:
16. High Time We Went

Same as night #2...

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: April 18, 2019 01:29

Ah jeez I don’t want to hear hoochie coochie man again in my lifetime. And that acoustic Layla bores me to tears now. Surely there’s room for Motherless Children in there somewhere

Date: April 18, 2019 20:46

Nippon Budokan, Tokyo, Apr 18, 2019

01. Pretending
02. Key To The Highway
04. Hoochie Coochie Man
05. I Shot The Sheriff

06. Driftin’
08. Tears In Heaven
10. Running On Faith

11. Badge
12. Wonderful Tonight
13. Crossroads
15. Cocaine

Encore:
16. High Time We Went

Again. But—

I was there tonight. It was much better to be there to experience it in person than on the setlist. Eric was in fine form. A good, solid show.

Date: April 18, 2019 22:35

Thanks for the information, RisingStone. Looking forward to the RAH dates. Granted, but it would be nice of him to change some songs when he plays different shows in the same city, as a courtesy to so many of us that try to go to all of them. He should bring Chuck back, I bet he would introduce some nice changes from one night to the next. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 19, 2019 06:30

KeylockSanchezandCo
Thanks for the information, RisingStone. Looking forward to the RAH dates. Granted, but it would be nice of him to change some songs when he plays different shows in the same city, as a courtesy to so many of us that try to go to all of them. He should bring Chuck back, I bet he would introduce some nice changes from one night to the next. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I just want that electric Layla. Going all 3 nights of course.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: April 19, 2019 19:47

Just got the Record Store Day live album. Have yet to play it. Maybe this weekend.

Date: April 20, 2019 20:43

Nippon Budokan, Tokyo, Apr 20, 2019

01. Pretending
02. Key To The Highway
04. Hoochie Coochie Man
05. I Shot The Sheriff

06. Driftin’
08. Tears In Heaven
10. Running On Faith

11. Badge
12. Wonderful Tonight
13. Crossroads
15. Cocaine

Encore:
16. High Time We Went

The end of Eric’s five-show residency at the venue.
Same setlist all over again —- no Electric Layla. It just came and went only on the opening night.

Date: April 23, 2019 00:39

Clapton in Vegas Sept 13th

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 23, 2019 01:09

jumpontopofmebaby

thumbs up Cool, but wish he was playing at the more intimate MGM arena vs. the behemoth T-mobile arena.

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: April 23, 2019 05:12

I saw night three at Budokan. Eric was terrific. Looking forward to the Guitar Festival in Dallas. I am sure most you you know Ronnie and Keith have appeared at CGF in the past. Just waiting for the Stones schedule to get re-released. I am sitting on tickets to both Chicago shows, Glendale, Miami and Denver. Hopefully most of them will still work for me. If not I will have to sell some.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 23, 2019 06:55

yeh he's doing a Sex Pistols cover LP, can't wait.
get that ole system pumpin' again. good move on managements part.
he wasn't into it at first, I hear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-23 06:56 by hopkins.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 23, 2019 11:50

Yeah the album's titled.... Sex-Pistols With Clap

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 23, 2019 18:55

Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby

thumbs up Cool, but wish he was playing at the more intimate MGM arena vs. the behemoth T-mobile arena.

September 11 San Francisco, CA Chase Center
September 13 Las Vegas, NV T-Mobile Arena
September 14 Phoenix, AZ Talking Stick Resort Arena

3 shows in 4 days

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-23 18:56 by mtaylor.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 24, 2019 02:23

fzv98d
I saw night three at Budokan. Eric was terrific. Looking forward to the Guitar Festival in Dallas. I am sure most you you know Ronnie and Keith have appeared at CGF in the past. Just waiting for the Stones schedule to get re-released. I am sitting on tickets to both Chicago shows, Glendale, Miami and Denver. Hopefully most of them will still work for me. If not I will have to sell some.

Yeah, I'm sitting on the last three of those shows, + 2nd Chicago only. I'd love to go to the Guitar Fest, but...missed the first sale of tix. (If anyone has an extra, write me.) If not, I'm counting on your report. Went to one back in Chicago with a local RS fan...very much enjoyed it.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 24, 2019 03:36

angee
fzv98d

Yeah, I'm sitting on the last three of those shows, + 2nd Chicago only. I'd love to go to the Guitar Fest, but...missed the first sale of tix. (If anyone has an extra, write me.) If not, I'm counting on your report. Went to one back in Chicago with a local RS fan...very much enjoyed it.

I am doing SF, Ben Harper in Santa Barbara then Vegas. No extras for Crossroads but hooked a friend up to record both nights. I also have 3 at Royal Albert Hall. Just hoping the Stones don't triple book me.

Date: April 29, 2019 21:39

This is OT, but I am reading Slowhand by Philip Norman and, after describing Clapton's drunken rant in Birmingham in 1976, he writes that there are no audio recordings of it. That is simply not true, I heard it many times some years ago, but mysteriously it seems to have disappeared from the Internet. Is it to be found somewhere?

Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 29, 2019 22:21

I broke down and bought tix for the SF show. I'm hoping he changes that Budokan set list for the US shows.....EC has to throw down at the Crossroads festival and that set list ain't it LOL!

Date: April 29, 2019 22:25

KeylockSanchezandCo
This is OT, but I am reading Slowhand by Philip Norman and, after describing Clapton's drunken rant in Birmingham in 1976, he writes that there are no audio recordings of it. That is simply not true, I heard it many times some years ago, but mysteriously it seems to have disappeared from the Internet. Is it to be found somewhere?

If it exists I either have it or can get it. Need to time look through a few dozen drives so not the highest priority.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 29, 2019 22:27

KeylockSanchezandCo

Isn't that drunken rant in the recent documentary film?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 13, 2019 18:07

He will play three dates at the Royal Albert Hall from today (13, 15 and 16th).
Would like to hear from anyone who attends these shows, set-lists, reports, reviews, anecdotes etc. Thanks (in advance).

Date: May 13, 2019 18:46

Going to al three shows, rolling down from Oxford right now. I will do that, RisingStone.

Date: May 13, 2019 19:07

Thanks, KeylockSanchezandCo.
I’m in Britain now. If the show turns out significantly different from the Japanese shows, I’ll consider queuing for a ticket on the door on the final night.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 13, 2019 19:35

angee
KeylockSanchezandCo

yep , when he gets heckled from someone in the crowd and he drunkinly challenges the individual . Wow , I did not know EC was a tough guy ?

Date: May 13, 2019 19:40

[youtu.be]

Over 7 minutes, but by the time he is leaning back into the music, and the audience gets to their feet applauding, her has reached up pretty high.
A beautiful performance; great song; great lead vocal by him too. I love this solo by him. The 'big' solo starts around 5:15

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 13, 2019 19:43

TheGreek
angee
KeylockSanchezandCo

yep , when he gets heckled from someone in the crowd and he drunkinly challenges the individual . Wow , I did not know EC was a tough guy ?

I think it refers to this outburst:

Eric Clapton ‘disgusted’ by past racist outburst

"Eric Clapton has confessed he is still “disgusted” at himself for shouting racist and fascist slogans on stage at a 1976 concert".

Birmingham, 1976

Date: May 14, 2019 10:32

RisingStone
Thanks, KeylockSanchezandCo.
I’m in Britain now. If the show turns out significantly different from the Japanese shows, I’ll consider queuing for a ticket on the door on the final night.

After last night you better get there early. I'll let you look up the setlist. All I can say was best Clapton gig since the tour with Winwood.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home