Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton Rockin' and Feelin' Good!!!
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 31, 2018 12:46

Amazing! I've seen Eric a few times in concert and he rarely smiles. Very little verbal rapport with the audience, some cursory introductions of band members and that is about it. Slightly better than Dylan or Van Morrison though.
Maybe he prefers the intamacy of the small venue and is more relaxed.Also, in Guildford he was a guest, so less pressure.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 31, 2018 17:33

Actually that was in Paris last Tuesday where he was fronting his band (and what a band, Bramhall, East, Stainton, Carrack and Emory !) but yes he seemed to be in great spirits, all smiles but not much talking apart from "Thank you very much" or "Merci beaucoup" and quick introductions of the band members (seemingly at random) that were not really intelligible.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: January 31, 2018 18:14

Aah....yes my mistake.
So that's 2 gigs already this year plus the promotional work for his new film.
Keeping busy!

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: March 31, 2018 02:59

Rolling Hansie

Eric Clapton's Hyde Park show is apparently sold out now, is there likely to be additional tickets go on sale from AXS as it gets closer to the date?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 1, 2018 03:17

Did anyone here download the full Clapton show in Greenwich on May 26th that was posted on YT : [www.youtube.com] ? It's just been pulled :-(

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 1, 2018 09:41

gotdablouse
Did anyone here download the full Clapton show in Greenwich on May 26th that was posted on YT : [www.youtube.com] ? It's just been pulled :-(

unfortunately not, I wanted to do so this morning ...

but there are still some videos around :

[www.youtube.com]

resotele

smoking smileyRe: OT: Eric Clapton Rockin' and Feelin' Good!!!
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 1, 2018 13:35

I just watched the you tube clip from the 2018 Greenwich Town Party and I was impressed that EC was in fine form and did 2 nice solos and his voice sounded good and he looked happy and relaxed and dare I say jovial . Kudos to Susan Tedeschi for such a husky soulful voice which I can't get enough of and her tastee licks on her sunburst Les Paul and ditto for Derek Trucks solo as well.Go EC

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 1, 2018 14:53

Great set-list and playing. Will see him in Hyde Park in July.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 1, 2018 17:23

There are two recordings of the Greenwich show up on DIME!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 1, 2018 22:39

Wow, Hyde Park show looks good, almost like Clapton's Crossroads guitarfests of yore.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-01 22:40 by angee.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 2, 2018 07:32

Mr.D
There are two recordings of the Greenwich show up on DIME!

One is mine. It was a great show. I Shot The Sherrif into White Room was amazing, so was Got To Get Better in A Little While and The Core. Crossroads with Derek and Susan was fun. There are new vids with better sound coming around.

Re: (OT) Eric Clapton
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 2, 2018 17:11

bye bye johnny
EC was playing guitar as recently as September - he did a handful of shows in NY and LA.

"Cocaine", LA 9.13 - [www.youtube.com]

YIKES a must see clip! I like how the stupid word cocaine is barely said...The tune turns into a jam session for Eric's supporting musicians. She don't lie she don't lie...

Re: (OT) Eric Clapton
Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 5, 2018 09:14

EC Greenwich from May 26th the whole show is up again :

[www.youtube.com]

and from the same date and location The Tedeschi Trucks Band :

[www.youtube.com]

enjoy !

resotele

OT: Anyone Seen Clapton at Hyde Park?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 10, 2018 03:59

Gotta say I'm a little surprised Steve Winwood didn't join him for at least a couple of numbers, especially considering that Hyde Park looms large in their shared history as members of Blind Faith, and that the two of them toured together extensively in 2009, 2010 and 2011, and that Steve was there yesterday, playing on the very same bill. I actually considered making the trip across the pond for what I thought might well be the final appearance of Blind Faith's three surviving members. Can't really say I'm surprised that Ginger wasn't asked to play, but I would have been extremely disappointed if I'd made the trip and Steve didn't even get called up onstage for a song or two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-10 04:01 by tatters.

Re: OT: Anyone Seen Clapton at Hyde Park?
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 10, 2018 15:11

Yeah that seems pretty shocking to me as well.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: July 10, 2018 17:28

A Clapton/Winwood jam session is always welcomed but unnecessary for this event.

Ginger Baker is in no condition to play as Blind Faith or with anyone else. He's 78, underwent open heart surgery two years ago, suffered a fall, and now also has got very painful degenerative osteoarthritis. Additionally, I think he resides in the US, not England.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 10, 2018 17:39

A nice bluesy set with popular ones ( tears from heaven , acoustic Leila , crossroads ) and old blues ( key to the highway etc ) A bit disengaged I tought. Shortish set . small jam with CS . Winwood really good I thought.

Date: July 10, 2018 18:38

StonedInTokyo
A Clapton/Winwood jam session is always welcomed but unnecessary for this event.

Ginger Baker is in no condition to play as Blind Faith or with anyone else. He's 78, underwent open heart surgery two years ago, suffered a fall, and now also has got very painful degenerative osteoarthritis. Additionally, I think he resides in the US, not England.

Well, last I heard he was living in Kent, England.
Eric has certainly helped him out financial wise in recent years.
I think Ginger still odes the occasional gig but yes, his osteoarthritis is pretty severe.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 10, 2018 18:52

StonedInTokyo

Agreed. Might have been a welcome situation, but can't say I'd be disappointed in any way that it didn't happen. Winwood and his band always put on a great show, as for Clapton not so sure anymore.
Evidently Carlos Santana joined Clapton on stage which might seem odd as he's also jammed with Winwood quite a few times in the past, and the results were usually always great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-10 18:55 by Hairball.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 10, 2018 23:38

Hairball
StonedInTokyo

Agreed. Might have been a welcome situation, but can't say I'd be disappointed in any way that it didn't happen. Winwood and his band always put on a great show, as for Clapton not so sure anymore.
Evidently Carlos Santana joined Clapton on stage which might seem odd as he's also jammed with Winwood quite a few times in the past, and the results were usually always great.

Clapton has jammed with Santana a great deal from 1975 onwards.

Date: July 11, 2018 00:25

tomcasagranda
Hairball
StonedInTokyo

Clapton has jammed with Santana a great deal from 1975 onwards.

Right, I was unclear sorry, and thought that sentence was a bit clunky/confusing after I posted it. To clarify, the fact that Carlos jammed with Clapton is not odd, but I thought it might seem odd that he also didn't jam with Winwood (or vice versa) as they've done so together many times in the past. Just as it seemed odd/disappointing for some that Winwood didn't jam with Clapton. In a perfect world maybe they would have all jammed together?

Here Steve Winwood joins Santana for a great version of Why Can't We Live Together from 2004:

Santana w/ Steve Winwood - Why Can't We Live Together

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: July 11, 2018 13:01

Our good friend Daspyknows who gave us the great recording of the Prague concert last week has taped several of the Hyde Park shows, he will release them on his Facebook page when he gets back home!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 18, 2018 17:57

Eric Clapton Records First Holiday Album, ‘Happy Xmas’

Eric Clapton is gifting his fans with an early holiday present. The classic rock legend announced on August 17 the release of his first full-length holiday album, Happy Xmas, coming Oct. 12, via the Bushbranch/Surfdog label. The collection of 14 songs includes covers of many holiday standards including “Merry Christmas Baby” and “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.” His first studio release since 2016’s I Still Do will also feature Slowhand’s take on such favorites as “Jingle Bells” and “White Christmas.”

Happy Xmas includes one original, “For Love on Christmas Day.” (See the complete track listing below.) The album also features a cover art illustration by Clapton himself. Pre-order is available in the U.S. here and the U.K. here.

“I had in my head that these holiday songs could be done with a slight blues tinge, and I started to figure out how to play the blues lines in between the vocals,” Clapton, told Billboard. “I got it down and one of the most identifiable songs on the album, the one that became the foundational style, is ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.’”

Clapton co-produced the album with longtime music producer Simon Climie.

Happy Xmas Track Listing

White Christmas
Away in a Manger (Once in Royal David’s City)
For Love on Christmas Day
Everyday Will Be Live a Holiday
Christmas Tears
Home For the Holidays
Jingle Bells
Christmas in My Hometown
It’s Christmas
Sentimental Moments
Lonesome Christmas
Silent Night
Merry Christmas Baby
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Though he’s said he’s no longer going to be touring, Clapton hasn’t eliminated live performances. He’s done six shows this year, although only three were truly accessible to the public, including his headlining concert in London on July 8 as part of the British Summer Time series in Hyde Park. The only dates currently on his public schedule are two October appearances at New York’s Madison Square Garden.

Eric Clapton 2018 Concerts (Tickets are available here and here)

Oct 06 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden
Oct 07 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden]

[bestclassicbands.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 18, 2018 21:13

StonedInTokyo
I think he resides in the US, not England.

It is true that Baker was residing in Colorado in the mid-to-late 90's, before moving to, and building a ranch in Cape Town, South Africa. After bankruptcy, he moved back to the UK and England. A small cottage on the outskirts of Canterbury, Kent, to be precise.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 18, 2018 22:24

Hope the Stones wont get as pathetic as Clapton, to do a Christmas album. That will do me in.
Jeroen

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 18, 2018 23:26

I think a Jeff Beck instrumental Xmas album would've been a better option.

Date: August 19, 2018 00:48

Hooray for a Christmas album! eye rolling smiley

Date: August 19, 2018 22:32

Hope its better than Dylan's Christmas album.
For die hard fans only.

Date: August 19, 2018 22:41

jlowe
For die hard fans only.

Actually it might be his greatest selling album in decades, and might even be as big as the Burl Ives or Bing Crosby Christmas albums of yesteryear.
Diehards, casual fans, and even young rock fans who don't know much about Clapton - even non rock fans...they might all latch on to it gathering round the Christmas tree in the holiday spirit!

Date: August 19, 2018 22:56

Hairball
jlowe
For die hard fans only.

Actually it might be his greatest selling album in decades, and might even be as big as the Burl Ives or Bing Crosby Christmas albums of yesteryear.
Diehards, casual fans, and even young rock fans who don't know much about Clapton - even non rock fans...they might all latch on to it gathering round the Christmas tree in the holiday spirit!

Burl and Bing...they don't make singers like that anymore!
Now I must reappraise George Harrison's Ding Dong.
On second thoughts...maybe not.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home