Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Headphone problems. help needed.
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: November 26, 2017 00:20

recently i have bought several sets of headphones, in the last 3 months i have bought one at £16, one at £14, one at £7 and about 4 from poundshop cos i was getting fed up with my other headphones lasting from 1 week to 3 weeks before they stop working.

now again last night my recent set broke, im wary of buying poundland sets again that usually crack up after one loud rendition of rocks off, and im getting fed up wasting money on more expensive sets. i rarely spend over £20 on headphones and was wondering what everyone else does or can they suggest a good set to buy.

i dont listen to music without headphones as i like it loud and dont like to upset family and neighbours cos i would be annoyed if they played music loud.

please help as this problem is ruining my rolling stones experience, imagine being at a stones concert and they pack up after 4 songs and go home, thats what it feels like. i need my stones fix at least once a week or i get withdrawel symptons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-26 20:24 by bv.

Re: headphone problems. help needed.
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 26, 2017 00:26

Buy a decent set of Sennheiser headphones...HD 540's maybe or go
get ear-plugs for all ya neighbours and then just blast ya stereo LOUD ...

ROCKMAN

Date: November 26, 2017 00:28

sounds a good idea rockman.

maybe i should blame the stones.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 26, 2017 00:33

Yeah everyone loves ta blame things on someone else...LD

BUT NO don't blame the STONES

although Kris Kristofferson suggested we do

[www.youtube.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: November 26, 2017 01:24

I use Sony's MDR-7506 headphones. They were about $110.00 here in the U-S-A when I bought them a couple of years ago. Well worth the money. Just checked: B&H Photo Video has them for $100.00. FYI: I do not work for B&H, but can say they are an excellent alternative to Amazon re camera and electronic gear. Here's the link to Sony's info page re the headphones. FYI: I also do not work for Sony, though I have used their products for years.

[pro.sony.com]

Date: November 26, 2017 01:38

so the key is to go more expensive, i always thought headphones tended to have the same life expectancy regardless of price, not counting poundland rubbish

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: November 26, 2017 01:49

I bought some Sony’s for about 50 Quid (noise cancelling too) from Sainsburys in a quick buy before getting on a plane 3 years ago. I prefer my BOSE ones but the Sony’s saved the day for travelling and when I needed a pair in a hurry. Poundland are only good for licquoice allsorts (seriously, best ones that I ever had where from Poundland in Guernsey).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-26 02:08 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 26, 2017 02:37

In my experience headphones are one of those things where you get what you pay for. My more experienced sets have lasted me for years.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: November 26, 2017 03:56

I completely agree with Rockman, get a pair of Sennheisers and you'll be fine.
I still have a pair of HD414 s that I bought nearly 40 years ago and they're still going strong. They've had the ear cushions replaced a few times since then.
I've also got a couple of pairs of rechargeable cordless headphones made by Sennheiser, great gear.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 26, 2017 05:15

Phillips Monitor headphones - £20 - Currys - I play 'em loud, often and no problems for 4 years and counting..............

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 26, 2017 07:20

ElGeordie
I completely agree with Rockman, get a pair of Sennheisers and you'll be fine.
I still have a pair of HD414 s that I bought nearly 40 years ago and they're still going strong. They've had the ear cushions replaced a few times since then.
I've also got a couple of pairs of rechargeable cordless headphones made by Sennheiser, great gear.

You guys beat me to it. I was going to recommend Sennheisers!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 26, 2017 14:16

If you listen to a lot of music then it is worth investing in a high quality set of headphones.I use Bose QC35 they are not cheap at £330 but worth every penny in my opinion.

Nate

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 26, 2017 18:16

I use Sennheiser HD-650. The 600's are great too in my opinion. I used to have studio reference (higher cost) but they were hard on my ears, too much treble. Good luck with your search.

Re: OT: Headphone problems. help needed.
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: November 27, 2017 13:41

Bowers & Wilkins P7s for me.......I love them. Looking forward to acquiring the noise cancelling ones soonish.

Posted by: Tricky76 ()
Date: November 27, 2017 14:01

Grado SR60's for me, best performance per pound I've had in a set of headphones, although you do look like a World War 2 radio operator when wearing them.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 27, 2017 16:53

Some Sennheiser headphones are cheap today on Amazon for Cyber Monday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1629
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home