Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
This Is The Point...imo..
Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: November 24, 2017 02:55

ya either dig it or ya dont. the end is near.embrace it or not. we have been lucky to have lived in such times such as these. so it dont matter about the "small" stuff.. whatever the cause at the end of the day were gona miss them and they miss us.. so when ya see them next, just think. This could be the last time... or not !!!!!

Re: This Is The Point...imo..
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 24, 2017 05:06

Agree. I feel like we've been saying it since they were in their 50s, but now that they are legitimately in their 70s I feel its safe (hopefully I'm wrong) to say it'll all be over soon. I agree, at this point, just what you said. I do not think they'll be doing it into their 80s so everything now really could be the last time. I'm aware how hysterical that sounds.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 24, 2017 06:56

To some the brickwall is too high .... to others they just dig under it ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 24, 2017 02:45

Agreed! And we were lucky to have and live the 2017 No Filter Tour! smileys with beer

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 24, 2017 04:40

ya either dig it or ya dont. the end is near.embrace it or not. we have been lucky to have lived in such times such as these.

Your right I'm glad I felled in love with the longest living band..........and yes the end is near for the most of us, but for the Stones I don't know in '73 they already talked about that it will be ending soon............

Date: November 24, 2017 06:57

Seeing double .... acting single .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 24, 2017 13:25

The moon is up, the sun goes down ... until tomorrow. When you wake up then, there is still a future .... for anyone alive. You, me, the Rolling Stones alike smileys with beer
I've lost several fine real diehard Stones fan friends over the past two decades. They couldn't even experience "the final". Put on that great music and just be happy and patient cool smiley

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: November 24, 2017 13:36

Yes just be happy that they are still going and their music will live forever. My most recent gig was Barcelona No Filter and it was just fantastic.. indeed the greatest band ever...

"..till the next time..."

Star

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: November 24, 2017 13:54

gee what a downer this is,I for one see more show's,life is good,enjoy it.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 24, 2017 16:25

Rolling, rolling, rolling. Keep those doggies rolling...
Hell bent for leather!

It is OK to not have a point
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: November 24, 2017 19:05

My arrow and I...

people spending so much time worrying about the end that they are missing the now

It is OK to not have a point

Re: It is OK to not have a point
Date: November 24, 2017 19:15

Date: November 24, 2017 22:30

HAaaaaaaaaaa .... if only LD had have seen that clip ...
Have you seen your grandmother baby standing in the shadows ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 24, 2017 22:56

smoking smiley

And (of course ) Mr Rockman has some rock solid advice for young Oblio.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 25, 2017 07:15

My guess is that Buffalo 2015 on my 55th birthday was my last Stones show. If so, it was a good one.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 25, 2017 17:33

If you go to a Stones show nearby these days then it may be your last Stones show ever, unless you are prepared to travel.

Then a question for those who did travel to see another show recently: Do you regret it?

Personally by answer is simple: No, no regrets at all.

Bjornulf

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 25, 2017 17:45

No regrets at all BV (Paris 10/19 and 10/22 from Florida USA). Worked hard my whole life. Treating myself now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-25 17:56 by steffialicia.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: November 25, 2017 18:22

bv
If you go to a Stones show nearby these days then it may be your last Stones show ever, unless you are prepared to travel.

Then a question for those who did travel to see another show recently: Do you regret it?

No regrets at all, not of travelling to see them anywhere nor of spending a lot of money to travel and see them in front of stage during NF Paris. I wouldn't do this for any other band. To travel to see the Stones is a good excuse for me to travel, as I don't go on travelholidays for the rest.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-25 18:24 by skyhawk.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: November 25, 2017 18:29

You never know . . . so I will try to hit at least one show on every tour. Las Vegas last year and Paris 3 this year have already been part of that plan. Traveling from Philadelphia to wherever. . . .

HBK

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 25, 2017 20:07

Traveling to see a Stones show is usually always a good thing if you take the time to explore and enjoy the destination you're traveling to. Even if the Stones play bad, or worst case scenario cancel/postpone, you're still gaining an experience. If the Stones play great, then it's really icing on the cake. As for me, I haven't traveled specifically to see the Stones since *2002/03. Took a few trains, planes and automobiles around the US to see a bunch of shows, then in the summer of '03, plotted my European itinirary to be sure to be in the same place as the Stones were for quite a few more shows. The entire tour was the experience of a lifetime - partially because of the many new places I explored. That said, I no longer feel the urge or need to travel afar specifically with a Stones show in mind.

*In 2006 already had plans to be in the Netherlands with my wife, so took a two day detour to make it down to Nijmegen to see the Stones.
*In 2013, made the six hour drive to Vegas for the 50 and Counting/Mick Taylor show - but don't really consider that "traveling" per se.
*Last years *Vegas show was spur of the moment as my wife and I were there celebrating her birthday - bought heavily discounted tix day of show.

Date: November 26, 2017 08:57

Hairball
Traveling to see a Stones show is usually always a good thing if you take the time to explore and enjoy the destination you're traveling to. Even if the Stones play bad, or worst case scenario cancel/postpone, you're still gaining an experience. If the Stones play great, then it's really icing on the cake. As for me, I haven't traveled specifically to see the Stones since *2002/03. Took a few trains, planes and automobiles around the US to see a bunch of shows, then in the summer of '03, plotted my European itinirary to be sure to be in the same place as the Stones were for quite a few more shows. The entire tour was the experience of a lifetime - partially because of the many new places I explored. That said, I no longer feel the urge or need to travel afar specifically with a Stones show in mind.

*In 2006 already had plans to be in the Netherlands with my wife, so took a two day detour to make it down to Nijmegen to see the Stones.
*In 2013, made the six hour drive to Vegas for the 50 and Counting/Mick Taylor show - but don't really consider that "traveling" per se.
*Last years *Vegas show was spur of the moment as my wife and I were there celebrating her birthday - bought heavily discounted tix day of show.

That's the way to do it! Well, at least if you can afford it financially. We could have met in Nijmegen 2006 ... what a shame that Van Morrison was literally washed of the stage. But the Stones were lucky and appreciative to have missed the rain by the minute. Great event!
Indeed, combining Stones concerts with exploring countries is a real challenge. In 2014 we went to Australia twice to miss "Hanging Rock" ... twice sad smiley but got a great holiday in Down Under and again in New Caledonia. So no tears (apart from Mick's sad loss, off course). That same year in February I celebrated my 50th Anniversary as a Stones fan in Abu Dhabi and also saw the band in Sweden on my birthday, after first seeing them at Pink Pop. All in all a great adventurous year beyond imagination.
Maybe see you in the U.K. next year!

Date: November 26, 2017 09:23

georgie48
Hairball

That's the way to do it! Well, at least if you can afford it financially. We could have met in Nijmegen 2006 ... what a shame that Van Morrison was literally washed of the stage. But the Stones were lucky and appreciative to have missed the rain by the minute. Great event!
Indeed, combining Stones concerts with exploring countries is a real challenge. In 2014 we went to Australia twice to miss "Hanging Rock" ... twice sad smiley but got a great holiday in Down Under and again in New Caledonia. So no tears (apart from Mick's sad loss, off course). That same year in February I celebrated my 50th Anniversary as a Stones fan in Abu Dhabi and also saw the band in Sweden on my birthday, after first seeing them at Pink Pop. All in all a great adventurous year beyond imagination.

Slim chance Georgie, but also a possibility - you never know!
My wife - who was born and raided in England- has been bugging the crap out of me to go back and visit her parents (my in-laws). It's been a few years since we've been back, so it's just a matter of time. Also, I lived in Guildford just outside of London for a semester of university back in '87, and still have many friends there who I always love to visit. Could this summer be the one when we go back? Hmmmm...maybe, and if so might make an effort to plan it around a Stones show somehow...maybe.

Yes we might have bumped into each other at the Nijmegen show! I have fond memories of the nasty storm and hunkering down under a makeshift tarp with my wife and several others during Van's set (what little he played, it was thoroughly enjoyable). And then the clouds miraculously parted ways just in time for the Stones! smileys with beer

Pardon if I'm mistaken, but I think it was you who was also at the London Astoria show in '03? If so, we might have met there also. And the Mick Taylor show at the 100 club during the same week? No doubt we bumped into each other in that tiny club. And the Glasgow shows at SECC arena? Those were both fantastic shows at such a unique venue - the last two shows I saw during the Licks tour!

Date: November 26, 2017 13:45

Hairball
georgie48
Hairball

Indeed, combining Stones concerts withwinking smiley fans exploring countries is a real challenge. In 2014 we went to Australia twice to miss "Hanging Rock" ... twice sad smiley but got a great holiday in Down Under and again in New Caledonia. So no tears (apart from Mick's sad loss, off course). That same year in February I celebrated my 50th Anniversary as a Stones fan in Abu Dhabi and also saw the band in Sweden on my birthday, after first seeing them at Pink Pop. All in all a great adventurous year beyond imagination.

My wife - who was born and raided in England- has been bugging the crap out of me to go back and visit her parents (my in-laws). It's been a few years since we've been back, so it's just a matter of time. Also, I lived in Guildford just outside of London for a semester of university back in '87, and still have many friends there who I always love to visit. Could this summer be the one when we go back? Hmmmm...maybe, and if so might make an effort to plan it around a Stones show somehow...maybe.

Yes we might have bumped into each other at the Nijmegen show! I have fond memories of the nasty storm and hunkering down under a makeshift tarp with my wife and several others during Van's set (what little he played, it was thoroughly enjoyable). And then the clouds miraculously parted ways just in time for the Stones! smileys with beer

Pardon if I'm mistaken, but I think it was you who was also at the London Astoria show in '03? If so, we might have met there also. And the Mick Taylor show at the 100 club during the same week? No doubt we bumped into each other in that tiny club. And the Glasgow shows at SECC arena? Those were both fantastic shows at such a unique venue - the last two shows I saw during the Licks tour!

Yes, I was in Astoria '03 as well as Mick Taylor's concert in the 100 Club. Small world (sometimes winking smiley ). Didn't go to Glasgow, but saw all three shows in Munich as well as Paris that year. Also all concerts in The Netherlands and travelled to China to miss the Beijing concert (because of the SARS problems there). You can't win them allgrinning smiley
I'm sure your wife will understand deeply that "the grand final" is getting closer and closer, so ... you'll make it to the UK smileys with beer

Date: November 26, 2017 20:09

georgie48
Hairball
georgie48
Hairball

Indeed, combining Stones concerts withwinking smiley fans exploring countries is a real challenge. In 2014 we went to Australia twice to miss "Hanging Rock" ... twice sad smiley but got a great holiday in Down Under and again in New Caledonia. So no tears (apart from Mick's sad loss, off course). That same year in February I celebrated my 50th Anniversary as a Stones fan in Abu Dhabi and also saw the band in Sweden on my birthday, after first seeing them at Pink Pop. All in all a great adventurous year beyond imagination.

Yes, I was in Astoria '03 as well as Mick Taylor's concert in the 100 Club. Small world (sometimes winking smiley ). Didn't go to Glasgow, but saw all three shows in Munich as well as Paris that year. Also all concerts in The Netherlands and travelled to China to miss the Beijing concert (because of the SARS problems there). You can't win them allgrinning smiley
I'm sure your wife will understand deeply that "the grand final" is getting closer and closer, so ... you'll make it to the UK smileys with beer

OK great it was you - we had a mini conversation about our shared shows awhile back! I didn't go to Munich or Paris as I didn't arrive in Europe until July 17 - specifically Stockholm on my 40th birthday. I saw all the shows there, all the shows in the Netherlands, and all the shows in the UK up until the Glasgow at the beginning of September. After the Stockholm shows, I skipped Hannover, Prague, and Hamburg, and spent the time wandering around Scandinavia discovering my viking roots, then it was down to the Netherlands to reunite with the Stones (and further explore my Dutch roots). Have to say Vredenburg was my absolute favorite of all of those, and has become nearly equally legendary in my mind to the first time I ever saw the Stones back in '81. I remember one of the Amsterdam Arena shows being postponed until September, but have to say it almost was a welcome surprise and a relief - was able to get a refund and catch my breath between so many other Stones shows during that stretch. I believe that was the only time I've experienced a Stones show postponement/cancellation, so feel pretty lucky about that considering I've seen them over 50 times. The entire journey was about discovering new places or revisiting cities I had been to before and thoroughly researching/exploring my roots (Dutch, English, Scottish), while at the same time squeezing a bunch of Stones show in to the intinerary!

My wife is not the diehard most of us here are, and is more intent on seeing her family and friends than the Stones. Not sure mentioning "grand finale" would mean anything to here except for maybe it's about time! winking smiley

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: November 26, 2017 20:32

bv

1st concert 1965. Walked to venue, under a mile. Paid for ticket out of pocket money.

Last concert 2016. taxi, long-haul flight, hire car. 5,800 miles (ish).
Paid for out of pension pot.

Regrets? None at all. RIP some good friends no longer here, who have been to concerts with me. So glad we made the memories

Date: November 26, 2017 21:53

WOW!!! .. So you grow pot for pensioners ??...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 26, 2017 22:00

ycagwywpmd
bv

1st concert 1965. Walked to venue, under a mile. Paid for ticket out of pocket money.

Last concert 2016. taxi, long-haul flight, hire car. 5,800 miles (ish).
Paid for out of pension pot.

Regrets? None at all. RIP some good friends no longer here, who have been to concerts with me. So glad we made the memories

If it were just me and my pension pot, see you there baby. However, I had 3 babies, 1 has a University bill and other 2 <18 years.
I don’t think I can go to a UK show (very sad face)
My H says we can’t $
and he would love to go back to England.
We shall see I guess, but I had the time of my life in Paris 6 days last day oh.
so close xxoo

Date: November 26, 2017 22:07

.... You can make it if you try ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 26, 2017 22:29

Rockman
.... You can make it if you try ....

You’re giving me that glimmer of hope... *kiss kiss Rockman, thanks-

Date: November 26, 2017 22:35

.... Glimmer of hope .... I get it ... I get it .... good one gal ...

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1437
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home