Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guitar Tab for Little Queenie from Ya Yas
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 23, 2017 03:19

A few years ago I bought the Authentic Guitar Tab book for Get Yer Ya Yas Out(published by Alfred/Abkco). I really like the guitar transcriptions of many of the songs in the book but due to copyright protection, the book does not include the Chuck Berry tunes "Carol" & "Little Queenie." I have gone on U Tube and seen some fine guitar players playing along with Little Queenie from the album and they seem to have gotten it down. Maybe it's an age thing, but I need the Tabs (which is why I got a whole room full of guitar books with tab transcriptions) to help me learn the songs. So, is there anybody out there that can point me in the direction to acquire the guitar tabs for Queenie including the solo parts? I have done some Google searches and what is out there is incomplete and does not feature the guitar breaks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....

Re: Guitar Tab for Little Queenie from Ya Yas
Posted by: mrpaulincanada ()
Date: November 23, 2017 04:43

Let me check when I get home...the North AMerican version of the guitar tabs has several missing songs due to copyright/right's issues. I also have a Japan Band Score for GYYYO that has some songs that aren't on the North American version. These Japan Band Score books have the vocal, guitar, bass, drum and misc parts...standby for a few days.

Re: Looking for Guitar Tabs for Little Queenie from Ya Yas
Date: November 23, 2017 15:12

mrpaulincanada
Let me check when I get home...the North AMerican version of the guitar tabs has several missing songs due to copyright/right's issues. I also have a Japan Band Score for GYYYO that has some songs that aren't on the North American version. These Japan Band Score books have the vocal, guitar, bass, drum and misc parts...standby for a few days.

Thanks a bunch. Really appreciated!

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: November 23, 2017 22:01

Youtube has a few Carol play-alongs that are good.

It's straight up Chuck Berry licks, you can probably just listen to the song and pickup the licks quickly.

Date: November 26, 2017 20:09

I have the Little Queenie band score tab ready for you...if you can give me an email address I will send it to you!

Paul

Date: November 26, 2017 20:24

Interestingly, the Japan book has all the songs except Love in Vain...

LIV is available on the ALFRED/ABKCO book, but it doesn't have any of the Chuck Berry songs.

BTW....the Alfred version of LIV doesn't have the second Mick Taylor solo transcribed...I wrote to Alfred, found an employee who actually listened to what I said and he emailed me the whole song with the second solo included. I assume they removed it for space purposes....anyhow, if you want that, I can email that to you too.

Date: November 26, 2017 20:42

mrpaulincanada
I have the Little Queenie band score tab ready for you...if you can give me an email address I will send it to you!

Paul

Thank you so much for getting back to me. You can send the tabs to me at ssigel@rochester.rr.com. Once again, many thanks.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 27, 2017 00:20

How about putting them on Dropbox for us all to enjoy?

thumbs up

Date: November 27, 2017 01:17

Koen
How about putting them on Dropbox for us all to enjoy?

thumbs up

Sorry mate but I'm old school and don't even know what the hell Dropbox is. However, if mrpaulincanada is too busy to assist, whoever wants the TABs can contact me at ssigel@rochester.rr.com and I will do my best to send via e-mail....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home