Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Well, dang it, I have Parkinson's Disease
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 23, 2017 01:38

Sending healing prayers your way Mongoose, and good wishes for a wonderful holiday season.

<3 Latebloomer

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 23, 2017 01:39

Here's some info he posted on his FB page

Our patients inspire us every day and all have wonderful stories for us. This week, Richard Grimmett from Ocean Grove is at St Vincent’s Private East Melbourne and is recuperating after Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) surgery this week.

Richard is very active in raising awareness about Parkinson’s disease and is the founder of Light of Day Australia, an organisation using the power of music through events, to build community awareness and raise funds for improved treatments and support of people living with Parkinson’s Disease and related illnesses.

You can listen to Richard's program ‘Richos Radio Show’ on www.radioparkies.com an international radio station based on Belgium broadcasting live on-line by and for people with Parkinson’s.

[www.lightofdayaustralia.com]

And just after surgery :

Recovery on track. Thanks for your support. With your help, one week on, I am home. I have gone from 7 daily tablets to one half tablet! Isn’t that fantastic? I am able to walk smoothly and freely experiencing little or no Diskenesia. The typical signs of Parkinson’s Disease like posturing, twisting, head movement, stooped walk and swaying have all but gone.
I can play a little guitar and piano and write my name again.
I expect to gain weight due to not constantly moving.
The device in my chest will require tuning for up to 6 months before optimal function. However the reaction to an adjustment is instant.
I am still! It is wonderful.

Heather and I want to thank you all for your prayers, and your FB messages. In a changing world, these are the same, from Faith Book or Face Book. We are forever grateful for your love.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: November 23, 2017 01:57

Mongoose, your sense of humor and outlook are very inspiring. I am 67, in great health, and do a lot of international travel. In fact, on Saturday I’ll leave for Asia for 2 weeks. But I also know that at this age anything can happen. My family has always had a sense of humor in the face of life’s challenges, even tragedies. I pray that if I ever face a terrible disease I can take it with a shrug and a positive outlook, like you.
God bless, my friend.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 23, 2017 02:23

Mongoose, i wish you strength and lightness to carry this. Good Luck.
Jeroen

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: November 23, 2017 02:26

Best wishes.
Lots of good people on this board.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 23, 2017 03:25

Mongoose, you’re right, you never know what we have lying in wait for us when we least expect it. So sorry to hear about your diagnosis—one comfort might be that it’s relatively slow-moving, and they’re making medical breakthroughs in that area every day. My money’s on you, all the best!

Posted by: terry ()
Date: November 23, 2017 03:48

Sorry to hear of your illness mongoose and I wish you all the best.
Hopefully you will push forward and combat this with strength.
Take care.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 23, 2017 04:21

Wish I could say something more great than what has already been said or thought. Humanity and our lives are a fragile thing. I hope and wish we could do nice between us, but seemingly it's always too late or even overlooked. Best wishes and good karma to you Mongoose. Don't worry too much because I think the spiritual stuff will guide you through.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 23, 2017 04:39

I'm sorry to read this. With my wife having died of Triple Negative breast cancer recently, I have had a new found respect for the woes of people that are not in my life.

I wish you the best. And I am truly sorry you have to deal with such a horrible thing.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 23, 2017 05:49

With your humor and inspirational great attitude I'd bet the prognosis is good.

I'd check out this guy and his foundation to find good resources...
[www.michaeljfox.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-23 05:49 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 23, 2017 06:15

So sorry to hear the news Mongoose. Keep up the positive attitude. All your
friends are rooting for you here!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 23, 2017 07:11

Oh dear Mongoose ....
So sorry to hear of your illness...
I promise I'll say a few prayers for ya ...

Take Special Care
Keep laughing and Stay Safe .... Rockeeeeeeeee

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: November 23, 2017 07:26

Positive vibes being sent your way and for medical technology to tame or, even better, cure. Best wishes Mongoose.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 23, 2017 07:32

Mongoose I don't know you put i will pray for you tonight.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 23, 2017 11:10

Sending you best wishes & support from London, England.
Be strong.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 23, 2017 11:22

Really sorry Mongoose; I know absolutely nóthing about that.
Just thinking about (& feeling with) you, right now;
Hang in there, mate - and as others have said: you'll get through, facing that... you've got the right attitude.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 23, 2017 12:41

There's talk all the time of them finding a cure or at least being able to slow down this dreaded disease Mongoose. All power and strength to you.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: November 23, 2017 13:16

Pursuant to my earlier post, also check out Michal J. Fox's website. There's tons of information on there. If you remember, he was afflicted with early-onset Parkinson's at age 29. There's a lot of help out there. Plus I think it's cool that you want to reach out and help others! Very positive and healthy attitude. Share the love!!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!smileys with beer

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 23, 2017 14:08

All the best to you, Mongoose. Admire your positive attitude and sense of humor.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 23, 2017 15:31

Got you in our prayers, my friend!

Posted by: jbgoode ()
Date: November 24, 2017 01:20

(If you haven‘t already) start using cannabis/ maijuana...!
Do a google-search, or look on YouTube to see what i mean!
All the best, jb.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 24, 2017 04:51

Sad to hear Mongoose.............glad you take it with a sense of humor I think I would do the same.....(maybe also start learning tap dancing with your fingers with the use of some trimbles).

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 26, 2017 00:42

Mongoose, fergoshsakes, what a thing to find out! Thanks for telling us here. I expect that solo tambourine
concert is coming soon. smiling smiley No, really, such a great attitude you have, my compliments.

My most recent contact with Parkinson's was with a gentleman I met in a writing class. At one point he told us
he had Parkinson's. We went to lunch and I said that he wasn't showing any signs of it. He said it was controlled with
meds and that it was still early in the day for the symptoms to show. He had a good sense of humor like you,
and also much appreciation for the Michael J. Fox foundation mentioned above.

You are in my thoughts for the easiest path possible, and the best of everything to come your way. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: November 26, 2017 15:50

I don't know if this works, but in case you missed it... best wishes to you

Freddie Roach to Jesse Jackson: Here's How to Kick Parkinson's Ass!!
[www.google.com]
Legendary trainer Freddie Roach has a potentially lifesaving tip for Rev. Jesse Jackson in the wake of his Parkinson's diagnosis -- strap on the gloves and start boxing!!

Freddie's speaking from personal experience ... conquering Parkinson's for over 3 decades with the help of hand-eye coordination drills (AKA hitting and holding mitts).

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 26, 2017 18:51

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have a great sense of humor. The first thing that came to mind is you might like the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode called "Larry vs. Michael J. Fox", truly hilarious.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 26, 2017 19:19

Sorry about your diagnosis - but for sure your attitude will help. Go for music, modern medicine and check out "Accessible Yoga". Yoga can really help and now there are teachers specializing in teaching people with Parkinsons - good luck and rock on!

Sparkly Top

Posted by: harleybla ()
Date: November 26, 2017 23:50

Very sorry to hear about that,
hang in there.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home