Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: OT: RIP Malcolm Young (AC/DC)
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 19, 2017 08:15

Such bad news..I didn’t expect him to tour again although I sure didn’t expect this! RIP Malcolm.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: November 19, 2017 09:52

Sad news, RIP Malcom

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 19, 2017 09:55

Thanks to www.acdcorbust.com

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-19 10:22 by powerage78.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 19, 2017 10:18

First time I saw the band as an opener for Aerosmith back in 1978 in Buffalo at the Aud and a few times in between, but never without him. RIP Malcolm.

Date: November 19, 2017 12:30

Waow !

Rockman
First saw AC/DC open for Lou Reed .... Festival Hall Melbourne 1974 ...

......... Pre Bon Scott days .... Dave Evans lead vocals ...

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 19, 2017 12:41

Rest in peace, Malcolm.
One of the most solid rhythm players in rock 'n roll.
I had the pleasure of seeing him in AC/DC a couple of times (1996, 2000, 2009, 2010).
The "Rock Me Baby" interplay with the Stones would have been a treat to see, but I didn't attend any of those shows, unfortunately.

Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: November 19, 2017 14:18

Saw Malcolm with AC/DC and the Stones 2003 in Hockenheim. Great Show!
RIP Malcolm.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: November 19, 2017 15:32

I remember Keef saying that Malcolm was the best rhythm guitarist ever. And man, he could hold the rhythm! Sad loss.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 19, 2017 16:19

KingmanBarstow
[m.youtube.com]

How Mick controlled this cacophony of sound is anyone’s business. Beautiful stuff.

Thanks again KB. I’d forgotton how damn good that was. My first Stones concert, and only time I ever saw AC/DC. Wicked good.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 19, 2017 17:01

SomeTorontoGirl
KingmanBarstow
[m.youtube.com]

How Mick controlled this cacophony of sound is anyone’s business. Beautiful stuff.

Thanks again KB. I’d forgotton how damn good that was. My first Stones concert, and only time I ever saw AC/DC. Wicked good.

Goosebumps!

Had some great times at AC/DC shows through the years and was in Oberhausen 2003 where they also did Rock Me Baby together

RIP Malcolm.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 19, 2017 19:26

My first concert, 1981 I think, for the Back In Black tour. What a great show! RIP Malcolm!

Date: November 19, 2017 20:37

Thanks Ronnie for the nice tribute.

Date: November 19, 2017 23:21

"For 32 years we stood side by side on stage. I am saddened by the passing of my friend Malcolm Young, I can’t believe he's gone.

We had such great times on the road. I was always aware that he was a genius on guitar, his riffs have become legend, as has he. I send out my love and sympathy to his wife Linda, his children Kara and Ross, and Angus, who will all be devastated, as we all are. He has left a legacy that I don’t think many can match.

He never liked the celebrity side of fame, he was too humble for that. He was the man who created AC/DC because he said there was no Rock & Roll out there.

I am proud to have known him and call him a friend, and I'm going to miss him so much. I salute you, Malcolm Young".

Brian Johnson

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: November 20, 2017 02:10

I saw AC/DC on the Razors Edge Tour and Ballbreaker Tour both very good shows

RIP Malcom

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 20, 2017 02:18

powerage78
"For 32 years we stood side by side on stage. I am saddened by the passing of my friend Malcolm Young, I can’t believe he's gone.

We had such great times on the road. I was always aware that he was a genius on guitar, his riffs have become legend, as has he. I send out my love and sympathy to his wife Linda, his children Kara and Ross, and Angus, who will all be devastated, as we all are. He has left a legacy that I don’t think many can match.

He never liked the celebrity side of fame, he was too humble for that. He was the man who created AC/DC because he said there was no Rock & Roll out there.

I am proud to have known him and call him a friend, and I'm going to miss him so much. I salute you, Malcolm Young".

Brian Johnson

very nice epitah from brian

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 20, 2017 03:11

THE AUSTRALIAN -- 20 November 2017

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 20, 2017 04:44

KingmanBarstow
keefriff99
KingmanBarstow
[m.youtube.com]

So awesome. Angus and Mal look so happy to be jamming with the Stones. I love that Mick, Keith and Ronnie, who aren't tall by any stretch, look like ogres next to them.

Yeah, sheer joy amongst the players everywhere in this, love it.

What a great clip, all smiles everywhere on stage, and across the faces of all 489,000 plus there that day in Toronto! An epic show!

I feel very lucky to have seen Malcolm and AC/DC many times since 1983... Cranked up Down Payment Blues and Kicked in the Teeth last night to start my tribute!

Ride On, Malcolm

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 05:22

TKinOH
KingmanBarstow
keefriff99
KingmanBarstow
[m.youtube.com]

So awesome. Angus and Mal look so happy to be jamming with the Stones. I love that Mick, Keith and Ronnie, who aren't tall by any stretch, look like ogres next to them.

What a great clip, all smiles everywhere on stage, and across the faces of all 489,000 plus there that day in Toronto! An epic show!

I feel very lucky to have seen Malcolm and AC/DC many times since 1983... Cranked up Down Payment Blues and Kicked in the Teeth last night to start my tribute!

Ride On, Malcolm
Powerage is AC/DC's masterpiece. Vicious, raw, blues-fueled rock'n'roll. Keith's favorite too.

I'm so happy I met Angus, Malcolm and Phil in 2001. Got a ticket stub signed by Angus, Malcolm and Phil, photos with Angus, and a vinyl sleeve of Highway to Hell signed by Angus.

Also spoke with Malcolm for a bit...I didn't have a marker with me, so he ran back onto his tour bus to get one, then looked me straight in the eye and asked me, "How were we sounding out there tonight?"

I was absolutely dumbfounded that he asked ME how they sounded. I just managed to stammer out an, "Oh...well...I mean, YOU WERE AWESOME!" like a total dope.

He asked me so earnestly too, like he really wanted my honest opinion. That memory will never leave me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-20 05:23 by keefriff99.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 05:28

Highlight from the Enmore Theatre show from Licks tour 2013

Rod

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 20, 2017 06:33

What a sad new!
RIP Malcolm!

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: November 20, 2017 06:35

The Australian Prime Minister certainly knows his stuff!

[www.pedestrian.tv]

And so do the Australian papers!

[musicfeeds.com.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-20 06:38 by bonddm.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: November 20, 2017 08:27

Malcolm finally got his peace. May he rest there.

Thanks for decades of brilliant rythm guitar playing!

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 20, 2017 12:08

R.I.P.
Great band, great guitar player.

Date: November 20, 2017 14:16

video: [youtu.be]

Tribute to Malcolm by The Foo Fighters. Let There Be Rock.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 20, 2017 16:20

It's sad, but probably merciful, that he passed. Dementia is a horrible way to go, for the person and the family.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: November 20, 2017 18:15

RIP...Great Riffs, Great Songs that will live on...

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 20, 2017 19:44

keefriff99
TKinOH
KingmanBarstow
keefriff99
KingmanBarstow
[m.youtube.com]

Ride On, Malcolm
Powerage is AC/DC's masterpiece. Vicious, raw, blues-fueled rock'n'roll. Keith's favorite too.

I'm so happy I met Angus, Malcolm and Phil in 2001. Got a ticket stub signed by Angus, Malcolm and Phil, photos with Angus, and a vinyl sleeve of Highway to Hell signed by Angus.

Also spoke with Malcolm for a bit...I didn't have a marker with me, so he ran back onto his tour bus to get one, then looked me straight in the eye and asked me, "How were we sounding out there tonight?"

I was absolutely dumbfounded that he asked ME how they sounded. I just managed to stammer out an, "Oh...well...I mean, YOU WERE AWESOME!" like a total dope.

He asked me so earnestly too, like he really wanted my honest opinion. That memory will never leave me.

These guys know real fans when they meet them. That's why he asked you the question. Listened to Powerage last night. It is excellent.

Date: November 20, 2017 21:29

Great tribute here.
Smiles. Sun. Rock'n'roll.

[highwaytoacdc.com]

Date: November 20, 2017 23:19

powerage78
Great tribute here.
Smiles. Sun. Rock'n'roll.

[highwaytoacdc.com]

Great pictures Powerage78.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 21, 2017 00:55

ab
It's sad, but probably merciful, that he passed. Dementia is a horrible way to go, for the person and the family.

yes it is. helped my dad through it. in the aftermath, i no longer speak to my sister or dad'd 2nd wife. their behaviour made me realise that i didn't really want anything to do them.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1431
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home