Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: OT: some regulars don`t post anymore
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 21, 2017 08:49

Rockman

Some Australian guy .... Stones Doug...... GAZZA .... Adrian ..... StonesTod

One of those people looks more like Keef than the other people . . . grinning smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2017 09:34

Everybody likes - and needs - to be seen. Not everyone is a born diplomat, or a born writer. So may be words don't show up the way they were planned in the mind. Some people post offending and stupid stuff when they are drunk. These days, as we all know, even sober people, who never drink, may post stuff that is offending to other people. So a light moderation is needed in every online community.

I have many close friends who never post, but I meet them on tour. No worries. Then there are people who say they want to post but they were banned so then I open up and they post. No worries. Or you may get a new nick and siply post. It is not rocket science to post. If people live in an igloo and never ask me and never post then of course they will not be seen here. But may be one day they leave their igloo and go and see the Stones, or you, or me, some place.

We are all here for weired reasons (Keith Richards exact quote).

Bjornulf

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: November 21, 2017 10:16

Doxa
Hairball
Doxa
Hairball
Ugh. thumbs down

Don't worry. I am sure everybody in this site is love to hear your 'unique', never heard before opinion - like Keith Richards is the genius and the 'Rolling Stones' and Mick Jagger is an talentless, immoral @#$%&.

That's the 'contribution' to share to every damn thread.

Ugh indeed.

- Doxa

I think you've lost the plot Doxa.
Maybe you could write another long winded essay and plaster it all over multiple sites, or maybe you could draw attention to some old posts of yours to show how intelligent and articulate they were.
Or maybe -just maybe - you could ignore everything I post as I've chosen to do with everything you post.thumbs up

To say it simply: Because of you I don't feel too much writing anymore in this site. When I happen to write I really need have something to say, but I don't like 'communicate' very much. Take credit of that. You rule. You are everywhere in this site, offering your dear opinions about anything. Nothing wrong with that. But the you talk I just don't like and apprecitate. It's cheap and ugly. Especialy the repitition.

- Doxa

For the first time ever, I agree with both of these posters, they finally got it right.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 21, 2017 10:19

Rockman
Here's an oldie ......

Cabbage Patch Hotel -- Twickenham 2006

haven't seen that snap or some of the good folk in it for quite a while.
Hopefully catch up with them next summer!

Date: November 21, 2017 10:21

Rockman
Here's an oldie ......

For the love of God, why doesn't somebody buy Gazza a beer, he is almost out!!
grinning smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 21, 2017 10:29

Leonioid
Rockman
Here's an oldie ......

grinning smiley

he will be topped up next summer!

Date: November 21, 2017 14:36

Doxa
I truely miss a real discussion, even a heated debate, about some trivial Rolling Stones triviliaty... We used to have that, I remember...

But instead of that we have Hairball-kinda thing in every damn thread, just bullshitting, speculation based solely on some personal preferences, with no any sense - or care- of facts. Keith this and Mick that blah blah blah.

Nowadays what else there is more to say but but: I Love/hate Mick, I love/hate Keith..... Me Me Me Me Me.... My OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!

Oh @#$%&.

- Doxa

But but...music is (always) about personal preferences, the mood of the day, even being a musician or not, or being a parttime Stones fan, like me. If you put so much effort in posts like you do, your musical heart and soul, the philosophic side or the bigger picture of it, it almost must lead to frustration because you expect people to answer on the same "level". Yes, just like religion or nationalism, fandom sucks in a way. That's the inevitable paradox(a)grinning smiley

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: November 21, 2017 16:55

really liking that igloo part.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 21, 2017 17:31

I like Doxa but I must say I didn't understand his rant yesterday. I mostly felt sorry for Hairball.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 21, 2017 17:57

I've posted over 600 times during my 13 years tenure, but I rarely post now due to the flack you get from certain quarters who want to know exactly who you've got your information from, when, where, and seem to have a very negative outlook on life. I prefer to email, message, text privately now rather than post and get immediately dissed by people who have no clue. I still read the site every day though and BV must have the patience of a saint to carry on moderating given some of the posts he has to contend with.

Satisfied since 1976

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 17:58 by chriseganstar.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 21, 2017 18:15

I like this site. I sometimes express some criticism directed towards the Stones but I try to do it without being annoying or overly repeating myself. I ignore the crazy rants. And, oh, by the way, I can't help adding that I wish Keith would make more solo-albums and that Ronnie was a great choice after Taylor left. grinning smiley tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 21, 2017 21:34

matxil
I like this site...grinning smiley tongue sticking out smiley

Me too! smiling smiley smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 21, 2017 21:39

I miss Kurt...

He used to post all the time winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2017 22:48

what ever happened to Army Hat Girl ????.... where did she go ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 21, 2017 22:50

Date: November 21, 2017 22:52

eeeerrrr no that's not her.... I'll find a shot ..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: November 21, 2017 23:08

I lurk but I rarely ever post, it's not worth it. The flaming you get for just your opinion is ridiculous. I belong to several other message boards and never see the kind of ridicule I see hear. Plus here everybody is a know it all, got to know more than you and tell you about it. It's just stupid. I'm a bigger Stones fan than you...I've seen them more times than you, well I just don't care. I've seen them when they were great, I've seen them when they were passable and unfortunately I've seen them in their decline which was just painful.

These are 70+ year old men we are talking about, barely able to match their past glories. I'm a life long Stones fan but I don't get the hero worship of "the boys" or the just meanness of the posts directed at them or their fans.

Think I'll play GHS, lets see how many people will say how much they hate that album

Date: November 21, 2017 23:32

Rockeee is lookin for a girl who's got curlers in her hair
He is waiting for a girl she has no money anywhere
She got a big bust and we stare, waiting for a Army Hat Girl

Rockeee is lookin for a girl and her knees are much too fat
He is awaiting for a girl who wears them Army hats
Her zipper's broken down the back, Rockeeee is lookin for that Army Hat Girl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 23:34 by Leonioid.

Date: November 21, 2017 23:41

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 21, 2017 23:42

coffeepotman
I lurk but I rarely ever post, it's not worth it. The flaming you get for just your opinion is ridiculous. I belong to several other message boards and never see the kind of ridicule I see hear. Plus here everybody is a know it all, got to know more than you and tell you about it. It's just stupid. I'm a bigger Stones fan than you...I've seen them more times than you, well I just don't care. I've seen them when they were great, I've seen them when they were passable and unfortunately I've seen them in their decline which was just painful.

These are 70+ year old men we are talking about, barely able to match their past glories. I'm a life long Stones fan but I don't get the hero worship of "the boys" or the just meanness of the posts directed at them or their fans.

Think I'll play GHS, lets see how many people will say how much they hate that album

Some of it used to make my blood boil too, but I've learned to ignore those kinds of posts as I do believe that they don't represent the majority of the opinions here. Unfortunately though, and it's a truism on all internet boards, those who have the strongest opinions (or just really like the sound of their fingers on the keyboard) are the ones you see the most. That's just the way it works in internet land.

Coffeepotman, I love GHS. In fact, I think I'll pour myself a good cuppa and take a listen this holiday weekend. It's been a while.

Happy Thanksgiving to all IORRians - old and new, near and far.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 22, 2017 00:17

Adrian-L
Leonioid
Rockman
Here's an oldie ......

grinning smiley

In the summer of 2015, I traveled to Belfast and visited Gazza with a friend of mine. Gazza, myself and my friend were hitting the different pubs in the area, each taking turns buying rounds.

After a while my friend would disappear for about 10 minutes after each round was bought...to check out the sites as he would say....later found out that he would excuse himself to dump the beer because he couldn't keep up Gazza and myself. And I'm sure if there was a contest, there is no way I could keep up with the Gaz!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 22, 2017 00:20

And Adi Tyler...miss her. She loved Ronnie, haven’t seen her since Ronnie left Jo.

Date: November 22, 2017 00:28

.... awwww yeah Adi Tyler .....
she left Transylvania (TRUE) moved ta Paris and married .... haven't had a word from her in some while

ROCKMAN

Date: November 22, 2017 00:37

BluzDude
Adrian-L
Leonioid
Rockman
Here's an oldie ......

grinning smiley

In the summer of 2015, I traveled to Belfast and visited Gazza with a friend of mine. Gazza, myself and my friend were hitting the different pubs in the area, each taking turns buying rounds.

After a while my friend would disappear for about 10 minutes after each round was bought...to check out the sites as he would say....later found out that he would excuse himself to dump the beer because he couldn't keep up Gazza and myself. And I'm sure if there was a contest, there is no way I could keep up with the Gaz!
smileys with beer grinning smiley smileys with beer

Ye' tak' the high road and I'll tak' the low road and
we'll all end up in Scotland in the Spring for MORE STONES!!!

I am aiming for a trip for these next batch of shows, I hope...
and if i make it I will buy first round and... make sure Gazza doesnt run out of beer...

And I will do my best to make sure there is no alcohol abuse...
it brings a tear to my eye to hear the story that poor abused dumped beer...

Date: November 22, 2017 00:39

Gazza ... two beers -- one for each kidney ....hhhhhaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: November 22, 2017 00:40

grinning smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 22, 2017 00:40

kahoosier
I signed on to this site 13 years ago and have 1259 posts, most I would guess posted before the 50th anniversary shows. I still read the site every day, so I consider myself a regular. Breaking news that you can trust will be found here first and even gossip that is credible shows up no where else first. But after a thousand posts its hard to get involved in another Woods VS Taylor argument. Its hard to come up with a new angle on the Jagger/Richards relationship when you finally gain the wisdom that you really know nothing about either gentleman.

I have met some the most incredible people because of this site. Without IORR I would never have found one of the most special individuals of my entire life, someone I will love and hold dear after all the concerts are over. I will lurk here as long as the site exists I imagine. There just comes a time when you have nothing new to add I guess.

Kahoosier, didn't we meet at the Pilot ten years ago? I think I have a pic of u.

plexi

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 22, 2017 04:48

Remember when StonesPrincess made her entrance back in 2006?

Date: November 22, 2017 06:10

Yeah StonesPrincess ...
She rode inta town in a fake outfit with all guns blazing .... but soon ran outta bullets ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 22, 2017 06:19

Stonestod disappeared.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1610
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10