Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

liverpool71
Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: November 9, 2017 19:55

[www.setlist.fm]

this is the real set list?
weird

Re: liverpool71
Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: November 9, 2017 19:56

[www.setlist.fm]

and the first show!!!!?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 9, 2017 20:35

That's pure fantasy setlists. CYHMK wasn't played for sure so late in the tour and Let It Bleed live premiere? Ha ha ha. Not impossible but VERY unlikely.

Date: November 9, 2017 20:41

BS was probably not the opener, either. And a 10 song-setlist?

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 10, 2017 03:15

Very strange setlist indeed. I was at the March 9, 1971 concert in Bristol, Colston Hall (2nd), but being far away from home (and database), I can't give you that setlist yet, unfortunately. I remember they were late in Liverpool a couple of days later and fans caused some riots, but the setlist ???
If anyone owns Stones People Magazines (1995-2002), there is one issue that has all the setlists of that 1971 "goodbye Britain tour".
Good luck smileys with beer

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 10, 2017 16:56

Yesterday looked into some old Stones books.Keith said in an old M.Maker article that Bristol 71 was the hottest gig of that tour.I think there were 2 gigs in Bristol. Are there tapes?

Date: November 10, 2017 17:29

All concerts except one Coventry and one Roundhouse show (and Leeds/Marquee) are lost/unrecorded. There are more audience tapes available from 1967 (!). And 80-90 % of the 1969, 70, 72 tours is available as well. Probably it has to do with the small size of the 1971 venues - small hall, less or not recording(s).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-11 09:39 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: November 10, 2017 18:02

Monsoon Ragoon
All concerts except one Coventry and one Roundhouse show (and Leeds/Marquee) are lost/unrecorded.

Source please!

Date: November 10, 2017 18:07

S.T.P
Monsoon Ragoon
All concerts except one Coventry and one Roundhouse show (and Leeds/Marquee) are lost/unrecorded.

Source please!

?

Date: November 10, 2017 19:11

Monsoon Ragoon
S.T.P
Monsoon Ragoon

Source please!

?

More shows were professionally recorded. How do you know their lost?

Date: November 10, 2017 19:28

As far as I know Brighton, Liverpool, Leeds and London was recorded...

Date: November 11, 2017 07:49

I don't think so. Have you heard the tapes? VideoJames anything? At least they're lost for us suckers here.

Date: November 11, 2017 09:25

CousinC
Yesterday looked into some old Stones books.Keith said in an old M.Maker article that Bristol 71 was the hottest gig of that tour.I think there were 2 gigs in Bristol. Are there tapes?

CousinC, you made me a happy man. I did think Bristol-2 was great, but it's always nice to get confirmation from elsewhere smileys with beer

Date: December 7, 2017 21:03

AntoineParis
[www.setlist.fm]

weird

Hi Antoine,
I'm finally back home and found the setlist for the Liverpool 71 (late or 2nd) show.
14 songs all together:
1. Jumping Jack Flash
2. Live With Me
3. Dead Flowers
4. Stray Cat Blues
5. Love In Vain
6. Prodigal Son (in the 1st show it was I Got The Blues)
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Bitch
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. Satisfaction
11. Little Queenie
12. Brown Sugar
13. Street Fighting Man
14. Let It Rock

In Bristol they played 12 songs (Let It Rock and I Got The Blues/Prodigal Son were left out)
In Newcastle they did 15 songs (incl. Sympathy For The Devil!)
Great memories !

Date: December 7, 2017 21:14

georgie48
AntoineParis
[www.setlist.fm]

weird

Hi Antoine,
I'm finally back home and found the setlist for the Liverpool 71 (late or 2nd) show.
14 songs all together:
1. Jumping Jack Flash
2. Live With Me
3. Dead Flowers
4. Stray Cat Blues
5. Love In Vain
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Bitch
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. Satisfaction
11. Little Queenie
12. Brown Sugar
13. Street Fighting Man
14. Let It Rock

In Bristol they played 12 songs (Let It Rock and I Got The Blues/Prodigal Son were left out)
Great memories !

That makes sense.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 8, 2017 01:14

Nice - They played a lot of new stuff then...

Date: December 8, 2017 08:07

Let's hope some new tapes surface someday. Which is quite unlikely unfortunately. The only tape to surface within the last 25 years was Coventry which isn't easy listening, but it's not as bad sounding as always reported (at least not the DAC/box version). I don't know if the Stones or some people around them recorded something from the early tour. It's possible as TRS were already a big inter-national act.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-08 08:11 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 8, 2017 09:44

Monsoon Ragoon
All concerts except one Coventry and one Roundhouse show (and Leeds/Marquee) are lost/unrecorded. There are more audience tapes available from 1967 (!). And 80-90 % of the 1969, 70, 72 tours is available as well. Probably it has to do with the small size of the 1971 venues - small hall, less or not recording(s).

I'm said this before, but according to Bill Wyman, "The shows at Brighton, Liverpool, Leeds and London were recorded live on the eight-track Stones mobile studio, all by Glyn Johns, except London where Chris Kimsey did the honours. [...] A one-hour tape of the Leeds show was presented to Radio One's John Peel for broadcast on 30 May." (Rolling With The Stones, page 375)

Date: January 26, 2018 09:04

Monsoon Ragoon
georgie48
AntoineParis
[www.setlist.fm]

weird

Hi Antoine,
14 songs all together:
1. Jumping Jack Flash
2. Live With Me
3. Dead Flowers
4. Stray Cat Blues
5. Love In Vain
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Bitch
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. Satisfaction
11. Little Queenie
12. Brown Sugar
13. Street Fighting Man
14. Let It Rock

Great memories !

That makes sense.

Where is the information from? Did you attend the shows and did you takes notes what they played?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-26 09:05 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 26, 2018 12:36

S.T.P
As far as I know Brighton, Liverpool, Leeds and London was recorded...

I was at the Brighton show. Amazingly crowded - the girl I was with fainted but didn't fall because the crowd kept her up.

It was in a venue called "The Big Apple" - now demolished and is where Boots is at the Clock Tower - that had started life as a 1930's dance hall with a sprung floor. So it was, ahem, bouncing a bit during the show.

That was the venue where I realised that a major contributor to the Stones' sound was the fact that the rhythm section (Bill & Charlie) followed Keith and not the other way round.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 26, 2018 14:40

LieB
"The shows at Brighton, Liverpool, Leeds and London were recorded live on the eight-track Stones mobile studio, all by Glyn Johns, except London where Chris Kimsey did the honours.

8 tracks? Kimsey did a terrific job as the Roundhouse tapes sound amazing!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: January 26, 2018 16:51

Guys I fixed the entire UK 1971 tour last night, somebody had copied and pasted the same setlist from the tour wiki page. I used what rocksoff setlist page has as my primary guide. We really don't honestly know what was played at the vast majority of these 1971 UK shows do we?

childofthemoon
setlist.fm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-26 16:52 by mnewman505.

Date: January 26, 2018 17:01

Monsoon Ragoon
Monsoon Ragoon
georgie48
AntoineParis
[www.setlist.fm]

weird

Hi Antoine,
14 songs all together:
1. Jumping Jack Flash
2. Live With Me
3. Dead Flowers
4. Stray Cat Blues
5. Love In Vain
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Bitch
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. Satisfaction
11. Little Queenie
12. Brown Sugar
13. Street Fighting Man
14. Let It Rock

Great memories !

That makes sense.

Where is the information from? Did you attend the shows and did you takes notes what they played?

The information is already quite old! I myself attended the 2nd show in Bristol, friends of mine in Liverpool (where I lived at the time, but for personsal reasons I choose to go and see the Stones in Bristol) attended both Liverpool shows. The info on the other concerts were collected over the years.
Why do you ask? Do you have different information/sources? Could be interesting to compare. But the info I/we have is reliable anyway.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: January 26, 2018 17:18

I just deleted most of the setlists on the 1971 UK Tour, you're right that most of what was posted was completely wrong.

childofthemoon
setlist.fm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-26 17:18 by mnewman505.

Date: January 26, 2018 18:05

georgie48
Monsoon Ragoon
Monsoon Ragoon
georgie48
AntoineParis
[www.setlist.fm]

weird

Hi Antoine,
14 songs all together:
1. Jumping Jack Flash
2. Live With Me
3. Dead Flowers
4. Stray Cat Blues
5. Love In Vain
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Bitch
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. Satisfaction
11. Little Queenie
12. Brown Sugar
13. Street Fighting Man
14. Let It Rock

Great memories !

That makes sense.

The information is already quite old! I myself attended the 2nd show in Bristol, friends of mine in Liverpool (where I lived at the time, but for personsal reasons I choose to go and see the Stones in Bristol) attended both Liverpool shows. The info on the other concerts were collected over the years.
Why do you ask? Do you have different information/sources? Could be interesting to compare. But the info I/we have is reliable anyway.

No. Just wondering that the setlists are known although nobody has tapes. It was not known or speculated until now that IGTB was played on the actual tour.

Date: January 26, 2018 19:40

Monsoon Ragoon
georgie48
Monsoon Ragoon
Monsoon Ragoon
georgie48
AntoineParis
[www.setlist.fm]

weird

Hi Antoine,
14 songs all together:
1. Jumping Jack Flash
2. Live With Me
3. Dead Flowers
4. Stray Cat Blues
5. Love In Vain
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Bitch
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. Satisfaction
11. Little Queenie
12. Brown Sugar
13. Street Fighting Man
14. Let It Rock

Great memories !

That makes sense.

No. Just wondering that the setlists are known although nobody has tapes. It was not known or speculated until now that IGTB was played on the actual tour.

I suggest you listen to "on the vault" recording 1971, Marquee Club. I Got The Blues live (rare indeed, but still live!)winking smiley
They played it in Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool and London.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: January 26, 2018 19:52

If only they played Wild Horses a few more times...

Apparently, Keith played a 12 string.

Date: January 27, 2018 21:41

georgie48
Monsoon Ragoon
georgie48
Monsoon Ragoon
Monsoon Ragoon
georgie48
AntoineParis
[www.setlist.fm]

weird

Hi Antoine,
14 songs all together:
1. Jumping Jack Flash
2. Live With Me
3. Dead Flowers
4. Stray Cat Blues
5. Love In Vain
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Bitch
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. Satisfaction
11. Little Queenie
12. Brown Sugar
13. Street Fighting Man
14. Let It Rock

Great memories !

That makes sense.

I suggest you listen to "on the vault" recording 1971, Marquee Club. I Got The Blues live (rare indeed, but still live!)winking smiley
They played it in Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool and London.

I know that they played it at Marquee, KSch. But that was AFTER the tour. Where is the evidence that they played it in Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool? Nothing is confirmed, but it is possible.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-28 09:25 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 3, 2018 21:26

dcba
LieB
"The shows at Brighton, Liverpool, Leeds and London were recorded live on the eight-track Stones mobile studio, all by Glyn Johns, except London where Chris Kimsey did the honours.

8 tracks? Kimsey did a terrific job as the Roundhouse tapes sound amazing!

In his book "Ain't It Time We Said Goodbye, The Rolling Stones On The Road To Exile", Robert Greenfield also mentions both Liverpool shows were recorded on the mobil 8 track as a warmup for the Leeds recording so wonder if they are still sittign in the vaults?

Also anyone know why we only got a handful of bonus tracks from the Roundhouse show? Was that all they had left in the vaults?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home