Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 16 of 20
Re: Mick Dating 22-Year-Old in Paris
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 12, 2017 07:46

Hairball
Still don't understand your comment "You mean, 50 years ago since it was 1977 eye rolling smiley" and/or how it relates to your point of "abusive men are getting rooted out of power", but moving right along...

I don’t know buddy, sometimes you and I don’t jive communication!
BUT, LOL, humor me and watch just the very 1st 10 seconds
Yes Mick
[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 12, 2017 09:53

Stoneage
bv
If somebody - a grown up adult - do want to date or simply spend time with Mick Jagger, then I think that would be ok, without each and every person on the planet being upset because of that. Feel free to talk about it, and to discuss it, but I don't think it is a sensation, not even something EU or UN or any other major organization would worry about. If everyone is happy and there is no offence then I would like to wish everyone well.

One can argue about that. But it's certainly news material. A 74-year-old rock star dating women in their twenties and having children with them is news stuff whether we like it or not. The attention for Sir Michael's frivolous love life has grown even more after L'Wren's tragic suicide. One can even say that the media interest for Sir Michael's love life trumps the interest in The Rolling Stones' musical output these days.

Most women do know about birth control. May be Lucas was the result of a one night stand, but he and his mother have been well taken care of ever since he was born, by Mick. There are born thousands of children without fathers present, following a short romance without birth control, but as far as I know, Mick do take every relationship seriously and with respect. So rather than feeling sorry for the girls he meet or date, I would wish them all the best.

Wild Horses couldn't keep him away! 'Wonderful dad' Mick Jagger drops in on son's 18th birthday party in Brazil

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-12 09:55 by bv.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 12, 2017 10:45

Why are some children referred to as a 'love child'?
Particularly if they were unplanned, so to speak.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 12, 2017 11:34

Stoneage
A 74-year-old rock star dating women in their twenties and having children with them is news

Of course it's news. Everything Mick does is news. But it's also not a crime. And it's not up to us to judge.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 12, 2017 12:06

Stoneage
A 74-year-old rock star dating women in their twenties and having children with them is news

No it's not news... it's his private life. A news is sth that might enlight a large portion of people. The cynic in me thinks it's mostly women who wanna make a news out of this, as if they wanted to exorcise the fact that :

- men often date woemn younger than them. Women rarely do.
- men can have babies at any age. Women can't.

And if you think Mick's horrible for being a father at 73 or so check Bob Raffelson. He became a father of two at 78! >grinning smiley<smileys with beersmiling bouncing smileythumbs uptongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 12, 2017 13:10

jlowe
Why are some children referred to as a 'love child'?
Particularly if they were unplanned, so to speak.

'Love Child' is a reference to a child born out of wedlock, no?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 12, 2017 13:54

Of course, legally, Mick is certainly in the clear.....no doubt.

Morally, that's a subjective matter and perspective, borne and influenced largely from any given individual's up bringing and or religious persuasion.

Me, I couldn't care less so long as it doesn't involve forced pain, children or animals.

But, aesthetically, I can't help but think of the joke......"How do two beautiful lesbians make love......answer; I don't know but you've certainly given me something to think about...................

Not so with Mick and ..........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-12 14:22 by EddieByword.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 12, 2017 14:02

35love
And yes, we should put this to bed.

I had the same feeling with the Keith thread about his bad Guitar work, but i felt optimistic about it because i new Keith would silence the critics once he got a few more shows behind him. Keith did silence the critics and the thread fizzled out with about half a dozen shows left to play.

I hope this fizzles out too eventually, Mick is lying low, the best thing he can do in this situation, and obviously calling a stop to the relationship should get the press bored with Mick, until they find a better story from someone else with more longevity to it..

If Mick does have some skellingtons in his closet i wonder how he is feeling now, not just Mick but all famous people. I think this is the era when people are going to come out if they have something to come out about. You don't have to stretch the imagination very far to think that if a 74 year old will date a 22 year old, what age woman would a man like that date when he was 30 or 40 years younger. Mackenzie was just 18.

I look at it like this, Mick is probably having like his third midlife crises. Being with younger women might make him feel that he is not old, touring also makes him feel younger, GGAG the recent solo release makes him feel young, being supremely fit obviously makes him feel younger, making babies etc etc.

Keith has said before that Mick is obsesses with youth, we see young girls put at the front of the audiences on live DVD releases, i think that Mick might be struggling to come to terms with age.
Looking at Keith, he seems so happy with being old, he wears it very well, i think Mick could learn a lot about growing old respectfully from his Glimmer Twin.

My mind goes back to when Keith was talking about his biography and about giving a copy for Mick to read before its release. He said that Mick didn't mention the the now infamous todger incident,( Keith had actually mentioned Mick's todger in an interview a few years earlier while on tour, i have it recorded at home) Keith said that he doubts Mick read the book, he said he probably went to his (Mick's) name and read the pages with his name mentioned. Keith in defending himself about all the fuss over this said there were worse things he could have said about Mick in the book. I always wondered what those things were or was Keith just being mischievous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-12 14:24 by keithsman.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: November 12, 2017 16:12

Stories like this are 'news' because the questions of how men and women relate, and how children are raised, and how the powerful treat the less powerful are age-old issues.
A friend of mine commented that if he (a teacher) had acted like these Hollywood people, he would have been fired long ago and probably jailed. But our society still has a double standards for wealthy and well-connected.
We are also here in the United States moving into a two-tiered society depending n how we raise our children. In one tier, there are many single parent homes with absentee parents. In others, fathers are becoming more involved and taking on duties that used to be women's work.
And in a sense, the Stones asked for this. As artists, they wanted to challenge the values and morals of 1960 societies. In many cases, they liberated people. In some cases, they discovered that some of those values made sense -- like Keith choosing to settle down and get married, or Ronnie accepting he was an addict. Mick is a curious case because he really hasn't changed that much on the surface. He still wants to chase young women, and like the aristocrats he looks up to, he can use his money and position to do it.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: November 12, 2017 16:38

I understand the power relationship stuff , of course . But surely There is a difference, perhaps, between preying on the vulnerable, weak and underage and choosing to be with younger but adult women (and often pretty rich and tough younger women) .I don't think I've seen reports of Mick preying on powerless underage girls (but I might have missed them)

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 12, 2017 17:21

Just internet rumours EJM.

I remember an old article about him where Andrea from the Corrs said he should be avoided at all costs. She made it sound like he was a predator. A friend said he didn't want to take no for an answer. Its probably all Daily Mail BS, a friend said this a friend said that.

Milla Jovovich said she was pursued by him before she was famous. She didn't have nice things to say about him either, doesn't sound like he got his way with either of these two women.

So he loves Women, big deal , who doesn't, nothing new here.

Date: November 12, 2017 19:18

Mick is a contradiction of course. He wants to run with youngsters but as far as one can tell, he hasn't resorted to cosmetic surgery.
Well, if he has, he should ask for a refund.
Keith on the other hand, wears hats and a bandana to hide his receding hairline.

I wonder what Charlie makes of it all?

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: November 12, 2017 19:30

Mick doesn't have a receding hair line to need a banana to cover it.

When you are MJ you don't need plastic surgery to attract women.

Good for Mick that he has never resorted to surgery, i think he looks great for his age.

[societyofrock.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 12, 2017 19:30

keithsman
Keith would silence the critics once he got a few more shows behind him. Keith did silence the critics and the thread fizzled out with about half a dozen shows left to play.

Critics or not, the thread was filled with love for Keith as most everyone was rooting for him to get it together which he certainly did! And I wouldn't say he "silenced the critics", but rather he brought on a huge sigh of relief amongst the fans. Can't blame some for thinking it was all downhill after some of the massive mistakes the first few shows, but all it took was getting the machine well oiled and the engine revving up. Took awhile, especially when it's only a 14 show tour, but he finished off on a high note. Hopefully he stays in practice as the rumoured UK tour is less than a year away - don't want to see him start from scratch/back to zero using the first bunch of shows as rehearsals - otherwise there will no doubt be another thread dedicated to him!

But back on topic....this story indeed seem to be fizzling out for the general public, yet since there's currently nothing newsworthy about the Stones (new album, tour, etc.), the thread will probably carry on for awhile.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 12, 2017 19:47

keithsman
Just internet rumours EJM.

I remember an old article about him where Andrea from the Corrs said he should be avoided at all costs. She made it sound like he was a predator. A friend said he didn't want to take no for an answer. Its probably all Daily Mail BS, a friend said this a friend said that.

Milla Jovovich said she was pursued by him before she was famous. She didn't have nice things to say about him either, doesn't sound like he got his way with either of these two women.

So he loves Women, big deal , who doesn't, nothing new here.
Interesting.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Nothing about being a predator though...just persistent.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 13, 2017 15:09

Song naming contest:

[theweek.com]

"This week's question: Great-grandfather Mick Jagger, 74, has a new girlfriend, 23-year-old film producer Noor Alfallah. If the Rolling Stones were to release a song about Jagger's dogged pursuit of intergenerational love, what should it be called?"

Win a subscription to The Week, whatever that is.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 13, 2017 15:50

Hey Rockman... If ya get the chance, please fix the typo in your last post for accuracy sake... The current the sex-storm is blasting thru HOLLYWOOD at the moment, NOT Dollywood.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: November 13, 2017 16:02

Rockman

I always read Annie's interviews .. respect her views on matters esp seeing how's she seems to have survived in a world of crazies for many many years now ...

So in view of the sex-storm that is blasting thru Dollywood at the moment
I thought her comments here were quite interesting .....

"Little boys"?.............Leibowitz wants to get some new perspective glasses...........They look like a pair of greasy hoods and she looks like Ma Barker

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 13, 2017 16:13

Rokyfan
Song naming contest:

[theweek.com]

"This week's question: Great-grandfather Mick Jagger, 74, has a new girlfriend, 23-year-old film producer Noor Alfallah. If the Rolling Stones were to release a song about Jagger's dogged pursuit of intergenerational love, what should it be called?"

Tomorrow’s Papers?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 13, 2017 16:53

EddieByword
Rockman

"reduced to being little boys again"...

Urgh! Annie is/was a better photographer than she is a psychologist. So to her an adult male is a potential rapist, and onyl when he's reduced to being a little boy that he becomes harmless? Wow...

Sorry Annie but that's the opposite! A grown man can control his impulses and he can understand the "no" when a woman says no to him.
On the other end of the spectrum only little boys can't stand frustration : they want sth, they'll get it.

Obviously Weinstein or DSK have that "little boy that cannot stand frustration" psy problem. They don't get the concept of limits. They haven't understood that their desire cannot be constantly satisfied. And who's supposed to put limits to young children? Yes Ma and Pa.

I bet your @ss Weinstein and serial abuser/rapist Bill Clinton had the same upbringing. Clinton's mom used to tell him "do exactly what you want in any occasions". Weinstein's ma probably suggested the same to her sons.

Frankly Leibowitz's view on men are retarded and puritan, okay she's a lesbian, but does that enable her to calmly sprout otu such clichés about men? I'm appalled.

Go back to the studio, take some pix Annie and stop trying to be the Simone de Beauvoir of the NYC brownstones... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 13, 2017 17:35

dcba

Urgh! Annie is/was a better photographer than she is a psychologist. So to her an adult male is a potential rapist, and onyl when he's reduced to being a little boy that he becomes harmless? Wow...
I bet your @ss Weinstein and serial abuser/rapist Bill Clinton had the same upbringing. Clinton's mom used to tell him "do exactly what you want in any occasions". Weinstein's ma probably suggested the same to her sons.

Awful lot of preconceived notions/falsehoods and suppositions packed in there.
Yet, Annie somehow is playing psychologist?? Rich.

Also- today's headline:
Sixth woman says she was groped by George H.W. Bush. She was 16 at the time.

Read more here: [www.bellinghamherald.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-13 18:01 by MisterDDDD.

Date: November 13, 2017 20:38

Rokyfan
Song naming contest:

[theweek.com]

Considering the massive age gap, perhaps a play on a nursery rhyme - "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Star"
Or if written solely by Keith - "Look What the Rat Dragged In"

EddieByword
"Little boys"?.............Leibowitz wants to get some new perspective glasses...........They look like a pair of greasy hoods and she looks like Ma Barker

Lol...indeed a couple of slimeballs.

As for the George H.W. story...I initially thought this was about the younger George W which wouldn't be too surprising....but George Sr?
Creepiness abounds within that family...CREEPY!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 13, 2017 21:38

Someone said "the sum of all vices stays constant". I wonder which vices Charles Watts is up to then?

Date: November 14, 2017 04:18

And now creepy Tom Sizemore:

CREEP

Date: November 14, 2017 11:40

Stoneage
Someone said "the sum of all vices stays constant". I wonder which vices Charles Watts is up to then?

Grumpiness towards journalists?

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 14, 2017 11:54

Stoneage

Collecting cars he can't drive?

Date: November 14, 2017 11:55

EddieByword
Stoneage

Collecting cars he can't drive?

Or horses he can't ride?

Date: November 14, 2017 19:09

Stoneage

Being too passive and allowing Mick and Keith to ride roughshod over the others for 50 plus years. (am quoting Astrid Lundstrom)

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 14, 2017 20:12

Hairball
And now creepy Tom Sizemore:

CREEP
Ugh. Great actor, but not a surprise. He a weird, scummy bastard.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 15, 2017 21:10

Hope he isn't still strolling naked on the boulevards in Paris... He's gettin' too close.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 16 of 20

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1642
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home