Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 15 of 20
Re: Mick Dating 22-Year-Old in Paris
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 10, 2017 17:24

Apparently Mick is becoming the Hugh Hefner of rock.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: November 10, 2017 19:45

He's just following the routine of the past 55 years. There have always been young girls flocking to Stones tours.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 10, 2017 23:24

The morality police is still around I see. Time to move on may be?

Bjornulf

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 11, 2017 00:00

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 11, 2017 00:02

The sex police are out there on the streets
Make sure the passed laws are not broken
The race militia has got itchy fingers
All the way from New York back to Africa

.............................. Undercover of the Night -- Jagger/Richards

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 11, 2017 00:02

dcba
You don't know what to say but you know what I mean :

40 years ago when women were (sadly) 2nd-rate citizens there was NONE of this gutter press that tell us all about the love stories of the rich and the famous.

Now go to a newsstand and there are dozens of these gossip "mags". Who buy them? Not men. That's why I say (jokingly) this thread is the bastard child of the enpowerment of women (which I fully endorse) and the current trend that leaves no privacy to anyone.

I think the issue is more that forty years ago there was no internet. (It seems to me that a lot of the people chiming in here are men, so perhaps interest in the love lives of celebrities has become more egalitarian. grinning smiley )

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 11, 2017 00:21

Aquamarine
dcba
You don't know what to say but you know what I mean :

40 years ago when women were (sadly) 2nd-rate citizens there was NONE of this gutter press that tell us all about the love stories of the rich and the famous.

Now go to a newsstand and there are dozens of these gossip "mags". Who buy them? Not men. That's why I say (jokingly) this thread is the bastard child of the enpowerment of women (which I fully endorse) and the current trend that leaves no privacy to anyone.

I think the issue is more that forty years ago there was no internet. (It seems to me that a lot of the people chiming in here are men, so perhaps interest in the love lives of celebrities has become more egalitarian. grinning smiley )

True: my grandfather, welder at GM, upstanding hardworking family man,
had a subscription to the National Enquirer delivered to his house and read it.
He was hilarious. Timeframe early mid 70,s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-11 00:22 by 35love.

Date: November 11, 2017 00:38

And yes, we should put this to bed.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 11, 2017 00:52

Bliss

Apparently Mick is becoming the Hugh Hefner of rock.

Oh heck...according to Keith, Hefner was nothing more than a pimp.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: November 11, 2017 02:08

Comedian Louis CK lost his career today.
It's interesting how something is a non-story at one point and then the media jumps all over it a few years later. Like the media is catching up to the public viewpoint.

Date: November 11, 2017 04:11

wonderboy
It's interesting how something is a non-story at one point and then the media jumps all over it a few years later. Like the media is catching up to the public viewpoint.

No. Like the women felt safe enough/ in numbers to take a stand.
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than Mick.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 11, 2017 05:40

I don't think wonderboy was implying anything about Mick. Is that right, wonderboy?

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-11 05:41 by angee.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 11, 2017 06:30

wonderboy
These stories about CK have been out there for a few years. I've always loved his comedy but thought, "How can this guy just keep on going with all these twisted rumors out there?"

All it takes is one big story, like the Times article that dropped yesterday. He's getting what he deserves for his behavior.

Date: November 11, 2017 06:32

angee
I don't think wonderboy was implying anything about Mick. Is that right, wonderboy?

I don’t think he was either I just wanted to emphatically state
entirely completely different news stories.
And I think we’ve officially beat this topic to death.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 11, 2017 15:04

If somebody - a grown up adult - do want to date or simply spend time with Mick Jagger, then I think that would be ok, without each and every person on the planet being upset because of that. Feel free to talk about it, and to discuss it, but I don't think it is a sensation, not even something EU or UN or any other major organization would worry about. If everyone is happy and there is no offence then I would like to wish everyone well.

Bjornulf

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 11, 2017 15:38

bv
If somebody - a grown up adult - do want to date or simply spend time with Mick Jagger, then I think that would be ok, without each and every person on the planet being upset because of that. Feel free to talk about it, and to discuss it, but I don't think it is a sensation, not even something EU or UN or any other major organization would worry about. If everyone is happy and there is no offence then I would like to wish everyone well.

True words!

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: November 11, 2017 16:21

angee

Was re-stating that scandals arise when things that were accepted for a long time suddenly become a media sensation.
No, I don't think Mick is a scumbag like Louis CK, but many mainstream people find his relationships with women to be scandalous, and you never know if some new revelation might be a tipping point.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 11, 2017 17:54

bv

Thanks, Bjornulf, well-said.

waterboy, okay, I see.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-11 18:00 by angee.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 11, 2017 20:14

35love
wonderboy

No. Like the women felt safe enough/ in numbers to take a stand.
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than Mick.

Yes, agreed.
What I find interesting is that its a mainstream paper (NYT) rather than a tabloid or Rolling Stone type of journal which 'exposed' (unfortunate use of that word), Harvey Weinstein.
Its as though the the papers which derive their income from celebrity interviews and show biz gossip can't take it upon themselves to do a proper investigative story on their own (prime) subject matter.
And don't tell me the likes of Jan Wenner were oblivious to what has been going on for years.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 12, 2017 01:18

wonderboy

No, I don't think Mick is a scumbag like Louis CK,

Wow.

I think that the punishment for Louis creepy behavior doesn't fit the crime, given that his "sex" scandal didn't involve anyone underage, no one was drugged, or even physically touched.

Let's hope that the media doesn't grab onto the Mackenzie Phillips story.

Date: November 12, 2017 02:34

Okay let me please say this as one of the females on the board.
Or, that doesn’t even matter, ala rat fink K. Spacey.
The men that are being called out are long time multiple horrible I’d call a few evilish rat finks.
Not some ONE very bad herion cocaine boozed up memory from the @#$%& 70’s.
The 3-4 serious nasty rat finks that are currently being feted
you should be glad for every single daughter or young female
who just may learn from this mess
You Can Say NO. And leave. And FU. Goodbye. This ain’t right.
First Fox got cleaned now this.
GOOD.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 12, 2017 02:48

bv

One can argue about that. But it's certainly news material. A 74-year-old rock star dating women in their twenties and having children with them is news stuff whether we like it or not. The attention for Sir Michael's frivolous love life has grown even more after L'Wren's tragic suicide. One can even say that the media interest for Sir Michael's love life trumps the interest in The Rolling Stones' musical output these days.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 12, 2017 03:03

I always read Annie's interviews .. respect her views on matters esp seeing how's she seems to have survived in a world of crazies for many many years now ...

So in view of the sex-storm that is blasting thru Dollywood at the moment
I thought her comments here were quite interesting .....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 12, 2017 03:21

Barf again. Barf barf.

And as far as McKenzie, I don’t even know WTF she may have said about a Glimmer twin, because her story is so ugly, I cannot and will not go past her past headline no thanks and God speed us all.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 12, 2017 04:56

Hard to say if what McKenzie said is true or not, but if so she was 18 at the time and Mick was only 35 so both were consenting adults.
The age difference between the two (a mere 17 years) seems tame in comparison to the latest age gap of 52 years...or is it 51?

Date: November 12, 2017 05:29

Hairball
Hard to say if what McKenzie said is true or not, but if so she was 18 at the time and Mick was only 35 so both were consenting adults.
The age difference between the two (a mere 17 years) seems tame in comparison to the latest age gap of 52 years...or is it 51?

You mean, 50 years ago since it was 1977? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 12, 2017 05:41

Some Americans saw this thing coming years ago, maybe that's why American men avoid wearing Speedo's in public unlike the Europeans.

Date: November 12, 2017 06:42

35love
Hairball

Not sure I get your...sarcasm?

Whatever the case, 1977 was only 40 years ago - that's less than the age gap between Mick and Noor Alfallah (51 or 52 years),
and also less than the age gap Melanie Hamrick (44 years) who was born in 1987! In contrast, L'Wren was only 21 years younger than Mick.

Date: November 12, 2017 06:59

Hairball
35love
Hairball

Not sure I get your...sarcasm?

Whatever the case, 1977 was only 40 years ago - that's less than the age gap between Mick and Noor Alfallah (51 or 52 years),
and also less than the age gap Melanie Hamrick (44 years) who was born in 1987! In contrast, L'Wren was only 21 years younger than Mick.

40 years was a long long time ago. If ‘you’ were an adult 40 years ago, and haven't progressed with the 4 decades, then I’d judge.
My point is not Mick Jagger’s age differences between his past or current adult girlfriends/ wives.
Really, my point, I am glad for humanity these treacherous abusive men are getting rooted out of power, and made to face their serial actions.

Date: November 12, 2017 07:37

Still don't understand your comment "You mean, 50 years ago since it was 1977 eye rolling smiley" and/or how it relates to your point of "abusive men are getting rooted out of power", but moving right along...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 15 of 20

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1183
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home