Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 20
Re: Mick Dating 22-Year-Old in Paris
Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: November 2, 2017 23:49

Keith made news for having lunch with a good friend from his 20s (who happened to be his friend's former lover) while Mick makes news for hooking up with a Kardassian wannabe.
One of them looks like a serious, mature relationship; the other just two people using each other.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: November 3, 2017 01:42

they are both adults so why do people care? Mick is in the twilight of his life so if that gives him pleasure and she is consenting good for them both.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 3, 2017 02:01

Nine pages on this, seriously? Time for new album/tour news, ASAP!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 3, 2017 02:18

This is crazy..........has either of them come out and said they @#$%& ed?.......

She's a film producer, Mick's other passion is film, they might be discussing a film collaboration of some sort................so much assumption (in the first instance............thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-03 02:19 by EddieByword.

Date: November 3, 2017 03:14

Bliss

The only one who can handle his lifestyle is himself. All the ladies end up hurting badly. Oh,yes they do!

Three of Mick's longtime loves tried to commit suicide, and one succeeded.

Maybe they were all unstable to begin with....?

May be he (Mick) was the only unstable person to begin with and couldn´t cope with certain things, respectively those women had the impression that he couldn´t (M.Faithfull e.g. was/is a strong woman).

I do think THAT is still a big issue for Mick, but it should be his personal thing to deal with.

Anyway, my opinion is: we can talk/discuss about anything, as long as it is already published in the press...
And the 22year old topic seems to me as a welcome PR - of course someone like Mick Jagger is going out with beautiful, young girls (for whatever reason)...and that´s the only thing we know for sure...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-03 03:15 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 3, 2017 03:39

EddieByword
This is crazy..........has either of them come out and said they @#$%& ed?.......

She's a film producer, Mick's other passion is film, they might be discussing a film collaboration of some sort................so much assumption (in the first instance............thumbs down
Of course. They are working on production techniques. Or reproduction techniques. Which do you think?

Date: November 3, 2017 04:52

bv
I will be sleeping long hours for three weeks, not just two, as I am still very tired. Still, I do not sleep 24/7, so I do check IORR some times. This brings me to the subject here.

What Mick is doing in his spare time I don't really care. Any grown person should be more concerned about their own love life and their closest friends and partners, rather than worry about what celebrities do in private.

If the paparazzis stick a camera into your - or Mick's - bedroom, should we really care? I don't think so.

Right now The Rolling Stones are off tour, off studio, all private. Let them do what they like to do, reading books and enjoying family life (Keith), doing nothing (Charlie), painting and playing with the twins (Ronnie), having fun and keeping fit (Mick).

Hello Björnulf,
in onother threat I already appreciated your work on this site and it is your site, I know - but this doesn´t mean I have to agree with your opinion.

On this site there are different interests i.e.: talks about the setlist, about Keith missing a riff, who covered who onstage or who is musician wise still able to do this or that or not able to do it anymore....(yawn)...or RS data/fact discussions etc...Male dominated topics I would say.

But there are also fans who like to have a look at the Stones in their entirety, that includes parts of their private lives etc., also "gossip" topics who are in the press - and as we (mostly women, but not only) are interested, we like to share our thoughts about it - even if the Stones are off tour, off studio etc...

The Rolling Stones are public persons and therefore personal topics are of certain public interest, in a limited, respectful way. This is how the business works. And as Mick Jagger "invented" himself as a "sex symbol" it is obviously still an important publicity topic.

And this doesn´t mean we are not most concerned about our own lives...I hope I do not only speak for myself, but for many...IORR but I like it..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-03 04:56 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 3, 2017 05:14

wonderboy
Keith made news for having lunch with a good friend from his 20s (who happened to be his friend's former lover) while Mick makes news for hooking up with a Kardassian wannabe.
One of them looks like a serious, mature relationship; the other just two people using each other.
A Cardassian?? eye popping smiley

Is Mick getting mixed up with Bill Shatner

Sorry...that's a real nerd deep-dive there.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: November 3, 2017 06:01

ReginaPhalange
Hairball
The tabloids are having a field day...far beyond the Daily Mail...it's now making waves in the US "press".

But upon reflection, if anything beyond a professional meeting had happened between them, I think she would have spoken out to someone she knows by now (a friend or family member).
Seems many young girls like to kiss and tell, and when you have the Jag in the mix it's bragging rights for some of them, but so far it's just all specualtion from the tabloids and forums like this.

Still...seems a bit peculiar to have several professional meetings in Paris - "the city of love"...one at a hotel...at night..with her dressed to impress...but maybe they were just playing backgammon or tiddlywinks?

FWIW he has known her (and her family) for several years at least. This past August they were both staying at Jean Pigozzi's place in the south of France at the same time. I also came across a photo of them together at a small Sunday lunch in London in early September organized by a mutual friend of theirs. The photo is not incriminating, they are both looking at their phones.

Whether anything romantic is going on with them, who knows. I personally think there is some kind of casual romantic relationship but that is only my opinion.
They were looking at their phones discreetly setting up a meeting place afterwards. It’s all very clear now. smoking smiley

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 3, 2017 06:32

grzegorz67

You're being far, far too kind to the Daily Mail. Imho, It is a thoroughly contemptible, despicable, distasteful, ignorant, manipulative, propoganda infested, xenophobic piece of heavily soiled toilet paper. An absolute blot on the UK landscape. In its modern iteration it also has a website which is pure t*t5 & ar5e clickbait for the lowest common denominator. The huge number of hits it gets, earning this vile publication countless millions in advertising revenue in the process, is a very sad reflection on modern society.

But its only rock n roll and we like it. (UK Mail) Whatever goes on between these old pirates and consenting adults means piffle to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-03 06:33 by triceratops.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 3, 2017 07:22

For the girls in this forum mostly, some nice beauty tips. I didn't know there was something called face lift in a bag, I want that!....... Expecially having to wake up at such an ungodly hour

beauty tips for iorr ladies

Not that we need any as we are gorgeous! >grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-03 08:01 by desertblues68.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 3, 2017 07:30

Fanks desert that article gave me a face-lift ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 3, 2017 07:33

BTW I forgot to say:
Some facts about the Stones private lives could be a matter of interest for some (female) fans - here: Mick dating that young girl etc.....but NOT the stupid comments about it...
That makes the difference!! In that perspective I can much better understand BV´s comment.

It´s only Rock n Roll and I like it, but nowadays social media behaviour is ruining a lot...so pointless...and some people trying to be sooo funny (yawn)...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-03 07:50 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 3, 2017 07:45

ThroughTheLonelyNights
bv
I will be sleeping long hours for three weeks, not just two, as I am still very tired. Still, I do not sleep 24/7, so I do check IORR some times. This brings me to the subject here.

What Mick is doing in his spare time I don't really care. Any grown person should be more concerned about their own love life and their closest friends and partners, rather than worry about what celebrities do in private.

If the paparazzis stick a camera into your - or Mick's - bedroom, should we really care? I don't think so.

Right now The Rolling Stones are off tour, off studio, all private. Let them do what they like to do, reading books and enjoying family life (Keith), doing nothing (Charlie), painting and playing with the twins (Ronnie), having fun and keeping fit (Mick).

Hello Björnulf,
in onother threat I already appreciated your work on this site and it is your site, I know - but this doesn´t mean I have to agree with your opinion.

On this site there are different interests i.e.: talks about the setlist, about Keith missing a riff, who covered who onstage or who is musician wise still able to do this or that or not able to do it anymore....(yawn)...or RS data/fact discussions etc...Male dominated topics I would say.

But there are also fans who like to have a look at the Stones in their entirety, that includes parts of their private lives etc., also "gossip" topics who are in the press - and as we (mostly women, but not only) are interested, we like to share our thoughts about it - even if the Stones are off tour, off studio etc...

The Rolling Stones are public persons and therefore personal topics are of certain public interest, in a limited, respectful way. This is how the business works. And as Mick Jagger "invented" himself as a "sex symbol" it is obviously still an important publicity topic.

And this doesn´t mean we are not most concerned about our own lives...I hope I do not only speak for myself, but for many...IORR but I like it..

Nicely stated, Nights

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 3, 2017 07:48

Rockman
Fanks desert that article gave me a face-lift ....
Dear Rockman,

From your profile picture I can see that you don't need a face lift or any beauty tips!>grinning smiley<

Off to work now! I love reading trashy articles with a cuppa in the morning hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-03 07:49 by desertblues68.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 3, 2017 08:05

Dear Desert
I love trashy girls with a D-cup in the evening ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 3, 2017 08:30

desertblues68
For the girls in this forum mostly, some nice beauty tips. I didn't know there was something called face lift in a bag, I want that!....... Expecially having to wake up at such an ungodly hour

She and Mick seem to fit perfectly together concerning "efforts and strong working ethics".
Not my cup of tea - I even felt exhausted only by reading it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-03 08:33 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: November 3, 2017 10:09

Come on, if Mick Jagger would have wanted to keep things in private he would have been able to do so. Surely he has enough lawyers to prohibit unwanted pictures and stories to appear even in the tabloids. Therefore he allowed the pictures and the story to be published. It is part of the PR surrounding the Stones. And therefore we can discuss it if we want.

As great as I find Bjornulf and the IORR site - for which every fan is eternally grateful!!! - as much I worry a bit that discussions have been limited for some time now without a good reason. When I was Young the Stones were symbols of (sexual) liberalism and youthful rebellion. (On this Topic, 'Stray cat blues' comes to mind.

Now, you are expected to avoid saying anything critical about them, otherwise you are no more regarded as a 'true fan'. To me, this seems weird. Repeatedly I have said some very critical things about the Stones, but of course they are a favorite band of mine. So where's the problem of free speech?

Date: November 3, 2017 10:12

saltoftheearth
Come on, if Mick Jagger would have wanted to keep things in private he would have been able to do so. Surely he has enough lawyers to prohibit unwanted pictures and stories to appear even in the tabloids. Therefore he allowed the pictures and the story to be published. It is part of the PR surrounding the Stones. And therefore we can discuss it if we want.

As great as I find Bjornulf and the IORR site - for which every fan is eternally grateful!!! - as much I worry a bit that discussions have been limited for some time now without a good reason. When I was Young the Stones were symbols of (sexual) liberalism and youthful rebellion. (On this Topic, 'Stray cat blues' comes to mind.

Now, you are expected to avoid saying anything critical about them, otherwise you are no more regarded as a 'true fan'. To me, this seems weird. Repeatedly I have said some very critical things about the Stones, but of course they are a favorite band of mine. So where's the problem of free speech?

Who says that? I see critical posts here every day, and that's how it should be.

However, if we post criticism, we must expect to get critical answers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-03 10:13 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: November 3, 2017 10:50

SALTOFTHEEARTH So where's the problem of free speech?

Just my two scents worth concerning the for and against discussion over Micks personal life.
First off people love gossip, fact of life, you can't get away from that, its why papers magazines and biographies sell, we are interested in these larger than life legends, rightfully or wrongfully.

Secondly, not everything about the attraction of the Stones is down to just the music. They have for over 5 decades been about the Myth, the Legend, the drink and drugs, the sex, you name it. Their lives have always fascinated people, right up to the very end they are making the front pages for their antics.
Whether its Bill pissing against a garage wall or Keith smoking his dads ashes or Mick allegedly dating a 23 year old, its all publicity and as the old saying goes, ''there is no such thing as bad publicity''. For all we know this could be a publicity stunt, although i very much doubt it as Mick is a private man when it comes to relationships.

Thirdly, Mick is arguably the most famous person on the planet, how can we expect to feel that its none of anyone's business, this comes with the territory when you are as high profile as Mick. There is no one more A list than Mick. He is a tipple AAA of the A listers, he can't have it both ways, sorry, its naive to think this should not be talked about. 52 year age gap, come on, i would be the talk of Town in my own backyard for dating a girl that age and i'm only 52 years old.
When you are part of peoples imaginations and expectations, when people idolize you and look up to you, even wish they were you, its going to bite you in the bum when you mess up or do something seen as extreme.
Even Keith changed his story and stance several times when it came to snorting his Dads ashes. He did, then he didn't , then he did again with some blow. (once the outrage and story faded.)

What i am saying is don't be surprised and get on our high horse when people discuss this, it just is what it is, and its futile to think it can be any other way. Its news worthy to say the least, seriously can anyone blame the press for reporting on this. If Joan Collins started dating a young man this age she would be talked about in the same way, people will have an opinion, its called free speech.

BV has kindly let this thread continue and i think that's the right thing to do, this is part and parcel of all things Rolling Stones.

Remember Pete Townsend when giving the Stones their Lifetime Achievement Award, he said ''GUYS WHAT EVER YOU DO, DON'T GROW UP GRACEFULLY, IT WOULD'NT SUIT YOU'' winking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-03 11:44 by stone4ever.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 3, 2017 11:37

Rockman
Dear Desert
I love trashy girls with a D-cup in the evening ....

Or in the morning for me.even if they are 22.
Jeroen

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 3, 2017 11:59

"The pair meet thru mutual friend Brett Ratner" . That is a very revealing comment !

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 3, 2017 13:49

Was it a staged photo op, or really a sultry get together? Either way, it’s Jagger.
As for Melanie H. I have always said nice comments after reading more about her, this last article in W she strikes me again having a good head on her shoulders-
I was the same age when I had my 1st/ a son, balancing it out w/ a big career,
I think she is doing great. I hope she is-

Date: November 3, 2017 14:53

desertblues68

Oh, the things one could do with such a flexible woman...

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 3, 2017 15:43

keefriff99
desertblues68

Seriously, I enjoyed reading about Melanie's workout and the way she eats. I would love to learn more about Mick's routine and diet. I'm a gym rat and Mick is nine years older than I am. He is my hero for the shape he is in.

Date: November 3, 2017 15:50

steffialicia
keefriff99
desertblues68

Seriously, I enjoyed reading about Melanie's workout and the way she eats. I would love to learn more about Mick's routine and diet. I'm a gym rat and Mick is nine years older than I am. He is my hero for the shape he is in.
It was a really good article.

I'd love Mick to divulge more of his workout and nutritional secrets too, but he seems to keep most of his regimen under wraps. There's no doubt it takes hours and hours of training and a very strict diet to maintain his fitness, but he's too secretive about that stuff to talk about it at length.

Date: November 3, 2017 16:03

I think he’s tried everything (copied lyric below)

I tried diversion and I tried coercion
Mediation and medication
LA culture and aquapuncture
Overeating and sex in meetings
Induced insanity, Christianity
Long walks and fast drives
And wild clubs and low dives
I pushed and I strived
But I can't get you, can't get you
Can't get you out of my mind
Gotta get a grip

Date: November 3, 2017 16:17

And, we can see a diet exercise book from Mel H coming soon too.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 3, 2017 16:42

Rokyfan
EddieByword

Of course. They are working on production techniques. Or reproduction techniques. Which do you think?

Yeah, I guess Mick does seem to have a bit of a Pharaoh complex (pregnant women everywhere).........but no one has any confirmation they've done the deed...........

Mick could be sitting there with a diaper on being fed milk from a bottle by her for all anyone knows .............lol.smoking smiley..that would blow a few ideas. eh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-03 21:02 by EddieByword.

Date: November 3, 2017 18:45

EddieByword
Rokyfan
EddieByword

Yeah, I guess Mick does seem to have a bit of a Pharaoh complex (preganant women everywhere).........but no one has any confirmation they've done the deed...........

Mick could be sitting there with a diaper on being fed milk from a bottle by her for all anyone knows .............lol.smoking smiley..that would blow a few ideas. eh?

*Nah. No.

But to look at the history of his love life getting printed in the press.
What a game. What a racket. What a career.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 20

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home