Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 20
Re: Mick Dating 22-Year-Old in Paris
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 2, 2017 00:19

Are we sure they are dating? anyhow if they are happy I'm happy for them........In my case I wouldn't date a woman younger them my oldest daugther .........

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 2, 2017 00:23

I just read up on Gary glitter never listened to his music thank God ..what a scumbag..

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: November 2, 2017 00:25

Jagger gets finger pointing from moralizers because
a) behavior we thought was cool when we were 14 many of us see now as empty and soul-less.
b) in some cases, for example if he really does make employment with him contingent on sex, he's breaking the law. In lots of these relationships, the power dynamic is exploitative.
c) we look at Keith and Charlie with their long-term relationships with some admiration, and Mick's series of procured girlfriends with eye-rolling.

Date: November 2, 2017 01:05

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-06 00:41 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 2, 2017 01:35

Now to think about it, I think, despite some but very rare over-the-top going claims, the tone in this thread has been rather 'innocent' and harmless. The moralism in use is not exactly very moralistic but more like aesthetic by nature: what Mick does is not good or bad in itself, but more like how it looks like. So that actually is not much as claiming anything of Jagger as a real person or about his real private life, but how his doings are reported and reflected in media (in tabloids like DailyMail etc.). So it is actually the 'public' persona that is under concern here - Jagger's image is here on display, so to say. So thereby judging if what Jagger supposedly does now is, say, 'creepy' or 'cool' is not much different, or any, if to make a judgment about, say, what Richards says of snorting his dad's ashes - I guess that also divided people to different camps - for someone that was classical Keith humor and action at its best, while for someone else totally tasteless and embarrassing - even disgusting if true. Both aethetic judgements only relavant in regards to their images. By nature doesn't really differ from judging their latest performances or records.

But I don't think neither of these cases actually does any real damage to neither of these guys or to their actual reputation and career; we are here talking about guys who have spent all of their adult lives under a public eye, and who know a thing or two about the nature and logic of press and of public life. They know the nature of the game, for sure. And both are masters in keeping their actual private lives out of it (yes, Keith, too - though his image says something else).

What the 'world' thinks now? Is Jagger making himself a laughing stock? Is the reputation and legacy of him and the Stones in danger? Do we Stones fans now look embarrassing for digging this man? Haha, pure bollocks. If the world's biggest living rock star is 'dating' - as is now reported by always trusty tabloid media - with some 22 years old beautiful young woman, and not that he only happens to be the world's most famous rock star (look what the much lesser ones are doing), he happens to be Mick Jagger, which alone resonates something specific to about every adult (=middle aged or moregrinning smiley) Western person in this world, I don't think anyone's world shakens with that 'news flash'. For big masses, Jagger has been always a controversial person, dividing strongly opinions. Surely for very many that is a further 'proof' that the guy is as just disgusting as he has always been - "look, that's exactly what that evil is like!'. And for many others that's exactly a kind of thing we might ask from world biggest's rock star - but see that a kind of 'cool' Jaggerian thing to do, defying the age limits and certain moral standards, cohering with his ever-energetic performing. In both cases, Jagger remains as Jagger he is, do we take that denoting negatively or positively. (And most people, in the end, couldn't care less.)

But, of course, the tabloid media, especially the English one, has now a field day. Jagger's 'immoral' way of life, his sexual life and non-ordinary female relationships always been one of their favourite subjects. Actually the 12 or 13 years MIck spent with L'Wren must have been damn boring ones for the tabloid 'journalism' - during those yaers there wan't anything 'scandalous' in Jagger's life ('was the bastard actually getting 'normal' and disinteresting?'winking smiley). But since that relationship stopped so tragically as it unfortunately did, the media got their 'good old Mick' back - though we should say: 'bad old Mick' in this case... So let them take now everything out of it... as I am sure they will.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-02 01:58 by Doxa.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 2, 2017 01:50

Surprised this thread has even lasted this long, not to mention some of the lengthy and in depth analysis being written.
I guess now that the tour is over, there's nothing better to talk abut...

Meanhile, Mick and his 22 year old lover (!) have gone their separate ways after a quick fling in Paris.
Maybe now that's out of his system, he can refocus on a new album and/or finalizing plans for the UK tour...or spending some time with his one year old baby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-02 01:54 by Hairball.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 2, 2017 02:04

^^^^^^ ..... How do you know they were lovers ????????

ROCKMAN

Date: November 2, 2017 02:14

You're right Rockman - that's just an assumption based on reading through this thread where a majority of the posts lean in that direction.
Maybe he was just getting some professional advice for his film career? Or he missed being with his granddaughters so she provided some emotional comfort for him?
What better place to do that than to be alone together in a hotel in Paris!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 2, 2017 02:24

He went out with a bang (tsk-boom drum)
I know, we all need to stop.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 2, 2017 02:49

But...but...but did he sing her the 3rd verse of HTW?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 2, 2017 03:28

But I think what is the funny part in all of this: how surreal it is that in 2017 - jeez, 55 years after this group was formed - the band is still doing tours and, supposedly, a new album. And with an incredible success, being on the very top of the business (that is: being as competitive by nature as they have always been). And their lead singer's love life is still making headlines and causing some moral anger... I think any kind of realism and common sense has left the way to interpret the world and doings of The Rolling Stones a long ago.

I started to dig this band during the early 80's - and already back then there was a rather strong feeling in the air that all of this is soon over for good - the guys are just getting so damn old and the world is changing... Never ever in my wildest dreams - and I am positive in no one's elses, including the band members', either - could I have imagine that we are still in a position AD 2017 to follow the 'continuing adventures of the Rolling Stones'... If ages ago the real concern was if the 'world' starts to get enough of the Stones, these days - and for decades alraedy - the issue is if they are still somehow up to the task carrying on, the 'world' will be there and follow and love them forever...

It is absurd actually..grinning smiley

There is something very extraordinary, unreal with these guys...

- Doxa

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 2, 2017 03:50

Doxa
But I think what is the funny part in all of this: how surreal it is that in 2017 - jeez, 55 years after this group was formed - the band is still doing tours and, supposedly, a new album. And with an incredible success, being on the very top of the business (that is: being as competitive by nature as they have always been). And their lead singer's love life is still making headlines and causing some moral anger... I think any kind of realism and common sense has left the way to interpret the world and doings of The Rolling Stones a long ago.

I started to dig this band during the early 80's - and already back then there was a rather strong feeling in the air that all of this is soon over for good - the guys are just getting so damn old and the world is changing... Never ever in my wildest dreams - and I am positive in no one's elses, including the band members', either - could I have imagine that we are still in a position AD 2017 to follow the 'continuing adventures of the Rolling Stones'... If ages ago the real concern was if the 'world' starts to get enough of the Stones, these days - and for decades alraedy - the issue is if they are still somehow up to the task carrying on, the 'world' will be there and follow and love them forever...

- Doxa

thumbs up

Date: November 2, 2017 04:42

Yeah Doxa ... moment I heard 'em I knew they were my band ...
They played my kinda racket and so far they've been shadowing me thru life ....

Couldn't help but relate to these words from Susan Rogers when I read them other day ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 2, 2017 05:37

And he is already being witch-hunted by the tabloids
For his alleged fling

daylymail article

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-02 06:02 by desertblues68.

Date: November 2, 2017 05:57

Leave it to the tabloids...

"I suspect the general feeling was ‘Good on yer, Mick’ if when you are old and wrinkly and possibly losing your marbles you can persuade a beautiful young woman to share your bed".

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: November 2, 2017 06:47

desertblues68
For his alleged fling

daylymail article

That article equals this:

sen·sa·tion·al·ist
noun
a person who presents stories in a way that is intended to provoke public interest or excitement, at the expense of accuracy.

adjective
presenting stories in a way that is intended to provoke public interest or excitement, at the expense of accuracy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-02 07:01 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 2, 2017 07:11

KingmanBarstow
desertblues68
For his alleged fling

daylymail article

That article equals this:

sen·sa·tion·al·ist
noun
a person who presents stories in a way that is intended to provoke public interest or excitement, at the expense of accuracy.

adjective
presenting stories in a way that is intended to provoke public interest or excitement, at the expense of accuracy.

A large number of people read the tabloids and believe what they read in them is the gospelsad smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-02 07:13 by desertblues68.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 2, 2017 10:25

desertblues68

daylymail article

"Britain celebrates a promiscuous old roué"

Roué... what a wonderful old-fashioned word. Thank you Mick for enabling us to such a lovely word. grinning smiley

Date: November 2, 2017 10:30

The Daily Mail is rubbish anyway. I know, because I've been there, and I've witnessed how they «work» – in their London office. I even met the editor in chief (what a dork!). It's a rag smiling smiley

This «story» could very well be like this instead:

Noor desperately wanted to meet Mick to discuss a film project. She's a producer after all. Then they met a couple of times. They were probably not alone.

And now Mick is on vacation with his girlfriend and his son in Mustique.

This sounds more feasible to me anyway...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-02 10:30 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: November 2, 2017 12:06

Hey yeah that's probably about it Dandeeeee....

But it was a giggle watchin' the stampede of madness ... you know like the "brickwall" comment... hhhaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 2, 2017 13:48

DandelionPowderman
The Daily Mail is rubbish anyway. I know, because I've been there, and I've witnessed how they «work» – in their London office. I even met the editor in chief (what a dork!). It's a rag smiling smiley

Noor desperately wanted to meet Mick to discuss a film project. She's a producer after all. Then they met a couple of times. They were probably not alone.

You're being far, far too kind to the Daily Mail. Imho, It is a thoroughly contemptible, despicable, distasteful, ignorant, manipulative, propoganda infested, xenophobic piece of heavily soiled toilet paper. An absolute blot on the UK landscape. In its modern iteration it also has a website which is pure t*t5 & ar5e clickbait for the lowest common denominator. The huge number of hits it gets, earning this vile publication countless millions in advertising revenue in the process, is a very sad reflection on modern society.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-02 13:49 by grzegorz67.

Date: November 2, 2017 13:51

grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman

You're being far, far too kind to the Daily Mail. Imho, It is a thoroughly contemptible, despicable, distasteful, ignorant, manipulative, propoganda infested, xenophobic piece of heavily soiled toilet paper. An absolute blot on the UK landscape. In its modern iteration it also has a website which is pure t*t5 & ar5e clickbait for the lowest common denominator. The huge number of hits it gets, earning this vile publication countless millions in advertising revenue in the process, is a very sad reflection on modern society.

That's what I tried to say, but you said it better! grinning smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 2, 2017 13:56

DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman

That's what I tried to say, but you said it better! grinning smiley

Thank you sir grinning smiley I remember you telling us about your professional encounter with the DM before, in less than glowing terms. If this is the only publication reporting on Mick's time spent with this young woman then that tells us everything we need to know.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: November 2, 2017 15:46

DP, were you there at the Daily Mail to learn how not to be a journalist...?

smileys with beer

Date: November 2, 2017 15:48

duke richardson
DP, were you there at the Daily Mail to learn how not to be a journalist...?

smileys with beer

LOL! My boss thought a visit to a news-house in London would be a good idea, to kick off some inspiration for us (and it was!)

Some of the publications we visited were serious and solid. The Daily Mail was not..

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 2, 2017 18:11

The Rolling Stones and the tabloid press. There is truly nothing new under the sun.

From Would you let your Daughter . . . ..

to "Rolling Stones Withstand . . . underage sex" publicity

[www.rock.com]

The idea that this subject should be taboo on a stones discussion board or that the stones are above this sort of thing is a joke.

Date: November 2, 2017 19:00

The tabloids are having a field day...far beyond the Daily Mail...it's now making waves in the US "press".

But upon reflection, if anything beyond a professional meeting had happened between them, I think she would have spoken out to someone she knows by now (a friend or family member).
Seems many young girls like to kiss and tell, and when you have the Jag in the mix it's bragging rights for some of them, but so far it's just all specualtion from the tabloids and forums like this.

Still...seems a bit peculiar to have several professional meetings in Paris - "the city of love"...one at a hotel...at night..with her dressed to impress...but maybe they were just playing backgammon or tiddlywinks?

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: November 2, 2017 19:03

Rockman
.... what if Mick was 22 and she was 74 ....

Then Mick would be insane winking smiley

Unless of course Mick was penniless and she was a multi millionaire who offered to Marry him without a prenuptial agreement, and if she had a major heart condition. Then in that case Mick would not be insane.smoking smiley

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()
Date: November 2, 2017 19:17

Hairball
The tabloids are having a field day...far beyond the Daily Mail...it's now making waves in the US "press".

But upon reflection, if anything beyond a professional meeting had happened between them, I think she would have spoken out to someone she knows by now (a friend or family member).
Seems many young girls like to kiss and tell, and when you have the Jag in the mix it's bragging rights for some of them, but so far it's just all specualtion from the tabloids and forums like this.

Still...seems a bit peculiar to have several professional meetings in Paris - "the city of love"...one at a hotel...at night..with her dressed to impress...but maybe they were just playing backgammon or tiddlywinks?

FWIW he has known her (and her family) for several years at least. This past August they were both staying at Jean Pigozzi's place in the south of France at the same time. I also came across a photo of them together at a small Sunday lunch in London in early September organized by a mutual friend of theirs. The photo is not incriminating, they are both looking at their phones.

Whether anything romantic is going on with them, who knows. I personally think there is some kind of casual romantic relationship but that is only my opinion.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: November 2, 2017 22:16

Doxa

- Doxa

Beautifully put, Doxa. They are like gods that walk among us mere mortals...

Drew

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 20

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1267
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home