Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 20
Re: Mick Dating 22-Year-Old in Paris
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 31, 2017 02:42

Rokyfan
Imagine what Keith thinks/says in private.

Ok...I imagine he says..
"Mick's Mick. Hasn't changed. That's what I love about him.
Whatever makes him happy, man."

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 31, 2017 02:54

MisterDDDD
Rokyfan

Ok...I imagine he says..

perhaps something about tiny todger.... grinning smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 31, 2017 03:03

Rokyfan
keefriff99
Rokyfan
MisterDDDD
Good for Mick!
Love that he's still more than able to attract young beautiful girls.

What two (or more) consenting adults do, which harms no one, is nobody's business but theirs.. cool smiley

Of course he's more than able to attract young girls, he still has what it takes, the dough of course. You can see old rich otherwise disgusting guys with young ass anywhere in any large city. Doesn't have to be MJ or Jimmy Page, just Mr. Capitalist Bigbucks is good enough. Big wallet outweighs tiny todger any day.

Sad to see Mick carrying on like this, unable to relate physically to anyone with remotely his experiences. If he would bring her to a family gathering, would she hang out with Mick's grandchildren?

It' s kind of funny . . . proud old Keith, gnarled fingers only letting him hint at what he used to play but he's out there playing what he can and he goes home to the bosom of his loving family while Mick, arguably at the peak of his performing talent, plays out this sad private existence, chased by ghosts. Sad.
You're projecting your value system onto Mick and Keith. You have no idea what's going on in Mick's head...he may be completely happy living the way he does. Obviously monogamy and serious relationships don't suit him.

I'm 39 and have no desire to settle down or have kids. I was engaged but we broke it off...it wasn't for me. I have my friends and family and job, I date women, and I don't get lonely. I prefer an existence where I have the freedom to do what I want.

You know nothing about my value system, what you know about me is that I think that Keith has a much happier life and that a 70+ year old guy serially cavorting with and then discarding women younger than his daughters, and then moving on to women younger than his granddaughters, is bizarre and sad. No, he doesn't have to do much chasing, no rich guys do. And yes, his exes may not have to work for a living after he discards them, although citing Mr. Scott to prove that point was perhaps not the best example of MJ's chivalry (not you).

Why would you think I have a problem with you as a single man should you wish to serially date single women? More power to you and I am a little jealous. However, if you tell me that you prefer to date 19-year olds (obviously you didn't say that), that might be a little weird. But if you told me your father has taken up dating 19 year olds, that wouldn't really be the same thing, would it?

I wasn't insulting you, but whether you realize it or not, you're clearly projecting your personal values onto Mick and Keith simply by the way you talk about them.

You fawn over Keith's idyllic personal life and disparage Mick's cavorting while having no real knowledge of how content either of them are. Of course, none of us do.

But Keith is the one who has insulted Mick repeatedly over the years to the point of threatening the future of the band, while Mick has always taken the high road in the press. And how happy can someone with Keith's history of substance abuse be? No one does that to themselves if they're well-adjusted.

I personally think they're both basically satisfied with their respective situations. Neither of them are going to change...they just have different lifestyles.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: October 31, 2017 03:16

Mick's behavior would be considered weird across a wide variety of cultures.
It's interesting that even in Hollywood today, these type of exploits are starting to cost people their careers (Weinstein, Spacey). Mick lives in the last corner of the world in which it's sort of winked at.

Date: October 31, 2017 03:21

wonderboy
Mick's behavior would be considered weird across a wide variety of cultures.
It's interesting that even in Hollywood today, these type of exploits are starting to cost people their careers (Weinstein, Spacey). Mick lives in the last corner of the world in which it's sort of winked at.
Damn, how the hell could you even make that comparison?? There is a HUGE difference between being a playboy and being a sexual predator.

You're equating Mick to men who have been accused of committed sexual harassment and sexual assault. That's so wrong.

Date: October 31, 2017 03:25

If Mick, by virtue of his charm, fame and money, can attract young women, that's up to the two of them and is none of our business. A 22 year old is an adult in this country.

Creeps like Weinstein and Spacey by contrast deserve to be exposed and ostracized, if not prosecuted if laws were broken.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 31, 2017 03:53

The new catchphrase:

"Would you let your Great Grand daughter marry a Rolling Stone"? eye popping smileywinking smiley

Found this neat old clip from the CBC Digital Archives dated 1965:

Would you let your daughter marry a Rolling Stone?

Date: October 31, 2017 03:54

crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
Rokyfan

Ok...I imagine he says..

perhaps something about tiny todger.... grinning smiley

Ooohhh that was below the belt! grinning smiley

Date: October 31, 2017 03:55

The comparison I am making is that Weinstein and Spacey broke societal norms for years and it was winked at or even celebrated in their own worlds, and then one day the press decides to make it a story, the broader public is shocked and their careers are over.
Could it happen to Jagger? Probably not, at his age, and not really being relevant in the broader culture anymore.
But if somebody like Bruce Springsteen left his wife for a 22-year-old girl it would damage his career.

Date: October 31, 2017 04:07

wonderboy
The comparison I am making is that Weinstein and Spacey broke societal norms for years and it was winked at or even celebrated in their own worlds, and then one day the press decides to make it a story, the broader public is shocked and their careers are over.
Could it happen to Jagger? Probably not, at his age, and not really being relevant in the broader culture anymore.
But if somebody like Bruce Springsteen left his wife for a 22-year-old girl it would damage his career.
They didn't break societal norms. They broke LAWS, and got away with it because their wealth and fame made it difficult for men and women to come forward with their stories.

Kevin Spacey forced himself on a 14 year old actor, and there have been articles published in the past few years about how predatory and forceful he could be towards young men. Weinstein masturbated in front of women, cornered them, intimidated them, harassed them and assaulted them.

NOTHING like that has ever been alleged with Mick. He's a playboy, he's promiscuous, he's unfaithful, and he's treated his exes coldly from a relationship standpoint, but that's the extent of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-31 06:18 by keefriff99.

Date: October 31, 2017 04:10

And Bruce was rumored to have cheated on Patti with a 45 year old New Jersey housewife seven years ago:

[www.salon.com]

He's not squeaky-clean either, as much I admire the man. Surprisingly, it didn't get much press.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 31, 2017 04:15

wonderboy

Nonsense.
Mick is single and not a predator.
He didn't leave his wife or try to take advantage of a teen-ager.

Much like not many (any?) 74 year old men can "move like Jagger" onstage and thrill and excite tens of thousands of people in doing so, not many 74 year olds can fathom being with a young woman, sexually, and having it be a mutual attraction. Mick still can. Bravo, I say.

Date: October 31, 2017 04:17

Have to say, I've never heard any woman - no matter how young or old - say they felt intimidated, harassed, or pressured to be with Mick.

The man must have what it takes, no matter how creepy and bizarre it all seems.
Something just doesn't sound right about a 74 year old Great Grandpa womanizer dating an innocent and young 22 year old.

Date: October 31, 2017 04:20

keefriff99

NOTHING like that has ever been alleged with Mick. He's a playboy, he's promiscuous, he's unfaithful, and he's treated his exes coldly from a relationship standpoint, but that's the extent of it.

Even if that's all of it, my point is that the rules for a public figure can change overnight. Instead of Mick being celebrated in some quarters for his behavior and having other shrug, it could have cost him dearly.

Date: October 31, 2017 04:29

wonderboy
keefriff99

Even if that's all of it, my point is that the rules for a public figure can change overnight. Instead of Mick being celebrated in some quarters for his behavior and having other shrug, it could have cost him dearly.
Perhaps, but he's taken his share of PR hits over the years, particularly for the Luciana Morad affair.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 31, 2017 06:39

It is his life and he can do what he wants.These are two consenting adults here.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: October 31, 2017 08:14

wonderboy
keefriff99

Agree

Some people wanna be him. Some are disgusted by him.

But, all I can think is that saying, “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?”

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 31, 2017 08:36

Midnight Toker
It is his life and he can do what he wants.These are two consenting adults here.

Amen.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 31, 2017 08:57

geordiestone
I thought Mick already had a Lady

This is the man who wrote the lyrics to Yesterday's Papers, remember? Monogamy is not his style and never has been. I hope the new lady knows what she's letting herself in for - i.e. it will be fun while it lasts - but if she is of age and willing, it's none of anyone else's business.

Date: October 31, 2017 09:04

I wonder how Mick's other gal is taking this news - I forget her name...the one who just had his baby less than a year ago.

Date: October 31, 2017 09:51

keefriff99
wonderboy
They didn't break societal norms. They broke LAWS, and got away with it because their wealth and fame made it difficult for men and women to come forward with their stories.

Kevin Spacey forced himself on a 14 year old actor, and there have been articles published in the past few years about how predatory and forceful he could be towards young men. Weinstein masturbated in front of women, cornered them, intimidated them, harassed them and assaulted them.

I thought he hit on him, not forced himself on him?

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 31, 2017 10:03

What Mick does is his business. Not ours.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 31, 2017 10:12

Britney
The headlines say it all... reportedly.

Would any other story sell so many papers ??? How about "she was invited to Paris to discuss a possible job for Jagged Films" ? Who'd really be interested in that?

It's pure quessing. Could be so, could not be so. Could be .... both ? Anyway, great thread for losts of laughs smileys with beer

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 31, 2017 10:16

Biggest laugh being the job interview idea

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 31, 2017 10:20

Lucky in love

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 31, 2017 11:33

keefriff99
If Mick, by virtue of his charm, fame and money, can attract young women, that's up to the two of them and is none of our business. A 22 year old is an adult in this country.

Creeps like Weinstein and Spacey by contrast deserve to be exposed and ostracized, if not prosecuted if laws were broken.

Yep agreed...don't see anyone running out of Mick's room. I know nothing but in 54 years of interviews and recordings he's always seemed what in UK we would call a gentleman

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 31, 2017 12:31

Sounds like you guys really know Mick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-01 23:17 by stone4ever.

Date: October 31, 2017 14:26

DandelionPowderman
keefriff99
wonderboy

I thought he hit on him, not forced himself on him?
It was more physical than that.

“My memory was that I thought, ‘Oh, everybody’s gone. Well, yeah, I should probably go home,’” Rapp told BuzzFeed. Spacey, he said, “sort of stood in the doorway, kind of swaying. My impression when he came in the room was that he was drunk … He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don’t, like, squirm away initially, because I’m like, ‘What’s going on?’ And then he lays down on top of me.”

“He was trying to seduce me,” Rapp said. “I don’t know if I would have used that language. But I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually.”

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 31, 2017 14:30

stone4ever
Sounds like you guys really know Mick, but do you really.
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

I don't think anyone will get to know him better as a result of an article in the Daily Mail. But I haven't seen people claiming to know him here; perhaps you're confusing them with people who are saying that what goes on between two consenting adults is none of their business?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 31, 2017 15:12

keefriff99
wonderboy

2010 Cannes Film Festival France

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 20

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home