Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 17 of 18
Re: Paris show-3 France 25-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 27, 2017 01:36

35love
Hairball quote:
“From my virtual experience of this tour from my couch in California lol, I'd say Paris 2 was the best.
The band seemed to have the most fun, the performance was relatively great, the bumped Sympathy out of the opening slot, and the reviews were all positive.”

That JJF opener- I could
only view it 1x my H tapped my shoulder while
filming it, I turned around my eyes are slits I am smiling so hard
there was even smoke
coming out the side of the stage b4 JJF (not red tho) and I made a joke
‘here comes Keith (smoking)’
Then BAM! Blinded by the Light

thumbs up

I thought you were going to say you were smiling so hard there was even smoke coming out of your ears!!!eye popping smiley grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-27 01:37 by Hairball.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 27, 2017 01:51

Hairball
35love
Hairball quote:
“From my virtual experience of this tour from my couch in California lol, I'd say Paris 2 was the best.
The band seemed to have the most fun, the performance was relatively great, the bumped Sympathy out of the opening slot, and the reviews were all positive.”

That JJF opener- I could
only view it 1x my H tapped my shoulder while
filming it, I turned around my eyes are slits I am smiling so hard
there was even smoke
coming out the side of the stage b4 JJF (not red tho) and I made a joke
‘here comes Keith (smoking)’
Then BAM! Blinded by the Light

thumbs up

I thought you were going to say you were smiling so hard there was even smoke coming out of your ears!!!eye popping smiley grinning smiley

No man, no medical MJ (wait, MJ-MJ) but I mean wacky tabaccy in Paris, and I don’t smoke cigarettes in fact I was sober so I should have intact memory of the show opener when I viewed it (last night) I laughed and laughed
ETA and there was white smoke coming out the sides of the stage and we (I) thought okay here comes SFTD...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-27 01:56 by 35love.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: October 27, 2017 01:53

Slipping way. No Filte Pit

[youtu.be]

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 27, 2017 02:01

"As for your take on the final show, sounds like it was great, but when you compare it to what Highwire75 says which is almost the exact opposite, makes you wonder if the reality is somewhere in the middle".

Oh, common Hairball... First of all, if we have here an absolutely negative review against many positive/ very positive/enthusiastic opinions, how on earth do you come to the conclusion that "the reality is somewhat in the middle"?

Second: Let's accept that the "true" (if there is a certain "true" when we're talking about music and live experiences) it's not matter of majority/minority thing. Fine... But, tell me, judging by the clips, which - as we have discussed to death here- usually do not do justice to the real level of live performances,what do you think? For example: According to your ears is there a particle of logic in the claim that Ronnie was... absent from the gig? Just a particle... Really?

I think it would be frill to advise "listen to this song", "listen to that part"... Because, honestly, I think the gig offered many highlights. Amazing concert IMO. Absolutely powerful.

I don't know, maybe Highwire 75 was in low spirits due to the granddaddies with the smartphones. Fortunately, around me (somewhere in the middle of arena) were energetic people, enjoying every single moment of the concert. And a notable number of them was youthful.

PS1: I could describe song by song how I lived the concert. But feel really tired after the flight from Paris to Athens...

PS2: Have anyone noticed that Mick sang... BoneyM for a second? During Daryl's funky solo on "Miss You"... Mick sang "She is crazy like a fool", if I remember correctly the exact lyric. And, damn me, he sounded like the singer of BoneyM!

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 27, 2017 02:04

Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball
Seeing them 294 times? eye popping smiley

Look up fanatic in the dictionary and there he is, and kind of doubt someone at this level of fanaticism would ever say a single negative word about their band.

I tell it like it is Hairball, the two shows i saw, Paris 2 and 3 were better than most shows since 2012 and definitely better than any show in 07'

There was a lot of emotion attached to these last shows,, especially last nights, we the fans felt it, and the Stones themselves new it, it was possibly the last ever show Wednesday, and if it was, the Stones should be very proud to bow out in such an explosive energetic passionate way.
But alas there were many external problems that spoiled it outside of the Stones performances. I will never see a show in Paris again.

I trust that you do tell it like it is stones4ever, but not sure why you used that quote from me?
I was replying to gotdablouse who he met a guy who has seen the Stones 294 times (!!!eye popping smiley !!! ) that said the show had been as enjoyable as any he'd ever seen - maybe for him it was?

As for your take on the final show, sounds like it was great, but when you compare it to what Highwire75 says which is almost the exact opposite, makes you wonder if the reality is somewhere in the middle.

How can someone say:

"Keith ... great Thursday and Sunday. But there, OMG it was bad !! he decided to do no solo or almost ... even on Satisfaction !!. Ronnie ... he was here yesterday? I did not see him..."

And another say:

"Paris 2 and 3 were better than most shows since 2012"?

Just goes to show rock and roll (and art in general) is not a science, and each individual can take away from it what they perceive.

From my virtual experience of this tour from my couch in California lol, I'd say Paris 2 was the best. The band seemed to have the most fun, the performance was relatively great, they bumped Sympathy out of the opening slot, and the reviews were all positive (haven't read a nasty one yet).

It is true that Keith didn't bother with the Satisfaction solo, but i understand why in the whole context of the show, Keith gave it all he had all night and was exhausted at the end, it didn't matter that he was too tired to do justice to satisfaction. If you saw SFM it was unbelievable from Keith and it took it out of him. I was a bit disappointed with Satisfaction but then i think these guys are like 74 years old after all. It was a very high energy show and it was hot in there. Personally i didn't even need to hear Satisfaction, i got my moneys worth by song number 7.
Both the last two shows were great in different ways, i thought the audience was better on the second Paris show. Ronnie and Mick were more energized in the 3rd show, Keith was great to on both nights. The emotion of the last show was plain to see, you could feel the band giving everything they had.
I would do it all again in London, fingers crossed. Now i think i might will sleep for a week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-27 02:17 by stone4ever.

Date: October 27, 2017 02:38

Folks, please, listen to "Brown Sugar"... Excellent performance by anyone on stage. And MR, and SFM and, and...

As for Satisfaction, I' m not absolutely sure that the reason why Keith omitted the solo was the tiredness. Yes, as Ston4ever said, it was a very high energy show and it was hot in there. But it also was a gig with some "improvisations", as we attended on Midnight Rambler. So, I turn to the theory that, perhaps, Keith "surrendered" himself to the pace that the band and the crowd had gave to the song. And let the things rolling, as they were rolling.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 27, 2017 03:16

Mick should have a spittoon on stage. They could even mic it up and he could time his spitting according to the song. "I'm so hot for her...<PTEWEEY!> I'm so hot for her..."

Whatever works. Forget the Vaults, Mick, put out a "Mick Jagger's Workout" video.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: October 27, 2017 03:26

Cristiano Radtke
Well thank you very much and now I think it's time for us all to go.

It was a great tour and it was very enjoyable to follow the updates. Here's wishing another great 2018 UK tour. smileys with beer

[www.instagram.com]

Did Charlie changes his socks during the show? During the band introduction he has shown his blue ones.

Posted by: Janneman ()
Date: October 27, 2017 04:36

And here my movie of the first song "Sympathy For The Devil", filmed from Ronnie's pit side.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 27, 2017 04:45

laertisflash
"As for your take on the final show, sounds like it was great, but when you compare it to what Highwire75 says which is almost the exact opposite, makes you wonder if the reality is somewhere in the middle".

Oh, common Hairball... First of all, if we have here an absolutely negative review against many positive/ very positive/enthusiastic opinions, how on earth do you come to the conclusion that "the reality is somewhat in the middle"?

Second: Let's accept that the "true" (if there is a certain "true" when we're talking about music and live experiences) it's not matter of majority/minority thing. Fine... But, tell me, judging by the clips, which - as we have discussed to death here- usually do not do justice to the real level of live performances,what do you think? For example: According to your ears is there a particle of logic in the claim that Ronnie was... absent from the gig? Just a particle... Really?

I think it would be frill to advise "listen to this song", "listen to that part"... Because, honestly, I think the gig offered many highlights. Amazing concert IMO. Absolutely powerful.

I don't know, maybe Highwire 75 was in low spirits due to the granddaddies with the smartphones. Fortunately, around me (somewhere in the middle of arena) were energetic people, enjoying every single moment of the concert. And a notable number of them was youthful.

PS1: I could describe song by song how I lived the concert. But feel really tired after the flight from Paris to Athens...

PS2: Have anyone noticed that Mick sang... BoneyM for a second? During Daryl's funky solo on "Miss You"... Mick sang "She is crazy like a fool", if I remember correctly the exact lyric. And, damn me, he sounded like the singer of BoneyM!

You seem to have neglected reading this key sentence from the same post you extracted that quote from!

"Just goes to show rock and roll (and art in general) is not a science, and each individual can take away from it what they perceive".

And to be clear, I never came to any conclusion. I said: "makes you wonder if the reality is somewhere in the middle", meaning the jury is still out. Yes many more people seemed to like it than not, but most reviews posted here by fans are of the mostly positive nature. Highwire75 said what he felt, and who am I to say he and his opinions are wrong? What might have been great for you, seems to have been crap to him, and chances are he wasn't alone, but that would be pure speculation. I do think when he said "Ronnie was absent" it was not to be taken literally, but I interpreted it as Ronnie didn't bring his A game and was lacking energy.

As for your PS1, I look forward to your song by song review when you regain some energy, and if you still feel the desire to do so - the more the merrier. thumbs up

In response to your PS2, I didn't notice Mick sang any BoneyM during Miss You, because to be completely frank and honest I've never even heard of BoneyM!

PS- Might be better if you debate these issues you have with Highwire75 himself who was actually at the show and wrote his firsthand account vs. me who is over 5,000 miles away in California and simply reading reviews/watching videos and giving some thoughts based solely on that. After all, reading reviews, etc. vs. actually being there in the thick of it is not the same, and any opinions I have should be taken with that in mind.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-27 05:11 by Hairball.

Date: October 27, 2017 05:07

Janneman
And here my movie of the first song "Sympathy For The Devil", filmed from Ronnie's pit side.

[www.youtube.com]

Thank you for filming and posting your excellent footage of P2 P3 openers
Thrilling !
Viewing for the first time I just am enthralled with Mick singing intro in perfection tails. The guitar solo maybe better of Ronnie had been alongside Keith but it’s a stunning open.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-27 05:14 by 35love.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 27, 2017 08:14

Not sure what's wrong with "Highwire 75", he obviously had a bad night for many reasons, it happens, but what's with the swearing about the ticket price ?! I also like to think l call it like it is (I was the first one to point out Keith's "rambling" during the encore at Paris II) and really have nothing bad to say about the third show. Anyway, anyone who wasn't there and is genuinely interested in forging their own opinion instead of "nitpicking" can listen for themselves on the excellent recording available in the "hot stuff" section.

@Niek - thanks for the link on shirt throwing, must have been looking at the stage when that happened. That's the "problem" when you've got a great spot in the middle of the pit, you don't know where to look sometimes !

@MAF - It's just that particular picture, Charlie's socks were the same color during the final bow as seen below. Glad how that pic came out, Mick looks so happy/appeased in spite of the adrenalin of another "tour de force" :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-27 08:15 by gotdablouse.

Date: October 27, 2017 08:26

Great version of HTW by Keith!

[www.youtube.com]

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: October 27, 2017 11:46

@leartisflash
I noticed that too. (Boney M part) And Mick singing with a very, very low voice.
You see so much that you forget some of the things.

@gotdablouse @Wicky catch it [www.facebook.com]

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-27 12:09 by Niek.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 27, 2017 12:38

jumpingjackflash5
Great version of HTW by Keith!

[www.youtube.com]

[youtu.be]

Love this too thumbs up

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: October 27, 2017 13:27

Just a few notes:

- Thanx to the fans from Argentina, you know how to sing and party! Sorry that all the others didn't join in that much.

- I saw two persons crowd surfing on Keith's side (maybe inspired by the singer of Cage the Elephant). Didn't saw that before on this tour.

- Saw lots of young and very enthusiastic fans.

- On my left in Fosse Or: Some icecold older French men - some handclapping after the songs, that was all they did. Why did they stand in the first row? On my right: A mother and her young daughter on their first Stones show ever - dancing, singing, shouting etc. Great! A few rows behind: Some fans from South America - singing smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 27, 2017 14:29

gotdablouse
grzegorz67
(...)As the crowd slowly dispersed at the end, the small and very enthusiastic Argentinian contingent, earlier acknowledged by Keith, did a dance and waved their flags. I stopped to watch and take photos and I saw Bjornulf walking past and he stopped to watch them too. Very stylish jacket btw, Bjornulf - Mick will want one if he sees it!(...)

Is that what you saw : [youtu.be] ?

Merci, Monsieur GotdaBlouse.

It most certainly was grinning smiley

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: October 27, 2017 14:42

Picture taken by Monique :-)

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 27, 2017 20:08

Just back from Paris. A question about HTW on night 3 - why no Mcwiber? (spelling ?). It looked like he used Malcolm. The solo was well played but sounded a bit "shrill" due to the guitar change. Has the old Tele finally collapsed ?

Generally though, both nights 2 and 3 were excellent with all cylinders firing. On a good night NO ONE touches them.

sc uk

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: October 27, 2017 20:20

My review of Paris 3 here

[wp.me]

Great night!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 27, 2017 20:42

MAF
Cristiano Radtke

It was a great tour and it was very enjoyable to follow the updates. Here's wishing another great 2018 UK tour. smileys with beer

[www.instagram.com]

Did Charlie changes his socks during the show? During the band introduction he has shown his blue ones.

This picture is not from Paris III.

Date: October 27, 2017 20:43

Yes, johnnythunders. Great night, great end of a really charming tour.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 27, 2017 21:01

TooTough
MAF
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

This picture is not from Paris III.

My bad, I was mistaken. See here: [iorr.org]

Date: October 27, 2017 21:34

Bjornulf outstanding pictures thanks again
[iorr.org]

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 27, 2017 22:57

35love
Bjornulf outstanding pictures thanks again
[iorr.org]

yes !! thumbs up

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 27, 2017 22:57

More reports and pictures added to the Paris-3 reports pages now:

[iorr.org]

Photo by Hendrik Mulder

Bjornulf

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 27, 2017 23:31

Christiaan
Slipping way. No Filte Pit

[youtu.be]

What a great video, thank you!! Slipping Away became an anthem on this tour, amazing what Keith made it become in 2017.....thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 27, 2017 23:32

Now I will sleep a lot for at least two weeks! Thanks to everyone for a great tour. I am going into radio silence for a bit now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 27, 2017 23:52

Oh, and not forget about the final bow with just Ron, Charlie and Keith. So funny.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 28, 2017 01:22

@grzegorz67 - you're most welcome

Anyone want to guess what Keith said to Mick's ear during MR that made him smille before he got going again ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-28 13:23 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 17 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home