Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 16 of 18
Re: Paris show-3 France 25-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 26, 2017 19:33

thijs1981
Watching back yesterday's Midnight Rambler on Youtube, it's very funny to see it from this angle.

There's quite some missed cues here and there...

Charlie tries to dig in to Mick's vibe during the Ee-yo-yo-yo-part, but it doesn't gel.

Keith goes to the A-chord one bar early at some point, and Darryl gets him back in.

But the nice thing is: it's all done in such good spirits.

No this is not the menacing, group of dangerous rebels on the 1972 tour, but a bunch of survivors who celebrate their survival and are amazed the train is still rolling.

Something to appreciate!

And rarely does the sound of YouTube videos do justice to the show.
And maybe the sound is only really good at some places in the venue.

But this video is good on a lot of levels:
[www.youtube.com]

Great video of a great song.
Perhaps best performance of the tour! Love the interaction with Mick and Keith.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 26, 2017 19:41

Highwire75
Sorry for my bad english (and google translate)

3rd date in fosse OR. The least good of the three, the second concert was the best for me.

OMG the audience in the fosse OR ... a horror !!! grandpas and grannies who spend their time to taking disgusting videos with their smartphones or stay static. Nothing to do with Sunday's audience, younger, more stone addict.
Regarding our Stones, they clearly had their heads already at home.

Mick, breathless level "jokes", What is the point of talking about Patrick Bruel or Mrs. Macron, apart from booing by the public ?? !!
He seemed very exasperated by the softness of the audience (I understand him).

Keith ... great Thursday and Sunday. But there, OMG it was bad !! he decided to do no solo or almost ... even on Satisfaction !!.

Ronnie ... he was here yesterday? I did not see him...

Finally, a concert not at all up for a final date tour. The Stones clearly wanted to finish it as soon as possible. I'm disappointed.

What do you mean , be honest, i think i know what you mean but it takes a brave man to be honest here.

As for Keith not doing a solo on Satisfaction, he was knackered after SFM, i don't think he had a solo left in him after JJF, he gave all he had and more. OMG the best SFM and JJF ever from Keith, not to mention so many other amazing things from he and Keith, will give a review after i get some sleep.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 19:46 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 26, 2017 19:44

stone4ever
Highwire75

3rd date in fosse OR. The least good of the three, the second concert was the best for me.

OMG the audience in the fosse OR ... a horror !!! grandpas and grannies who spend their time to taking disgusting videos with their smartphones or stay static. Nothing to do with Sunday's audience, younger, more stone addict.

Mick, breathless level "jokes", What is the point of talking about Patrick Bruel or Mrs. Macron, apart from booing by the public ?? !!

Keith ... great Thursday and Sunday. But there, OMG it was bad !! he decided to do no solo or almost ... even on Satisfaction !!.

Finally, a concert not at all up for a final date tour. The Stones clearly wanted to finish it as soon as possible. I'm disappointed.

What do you mean , be honest, i think i know what you mean but it takes a brave man to be honest here.

Interesting...Keith was that bad, and Ronnie was a no show.
All that's left is Mick telling bad jokes and Charlie keeping the beat.

Date: October 26, 2017 19:48

Hairball
stone4ever
Highwire75

No not at all Hairball, Keith was great, Ronnie was high as a kite, but its Rock and Roll.
Mick was stronger vocally than i have heard for 20 years. When he doesn't pace himself he Mick still has it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 19:53 by stone4ever.

Date: October 26, 2017 19:57

stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever
Highwire75

No not at all Hairball, Keith was great, Ronnie was high as a kite, but its Rock and Roll.
Mick was stronger vocally than i have heard for 20 years. When he doesn't pace himself he Mick still has it.

I take it you were there stone4ever?
Actually what I found interesting was the mixed reviews and the differences of opinions of people who were at the same show.
That review posted by Highwire75 is one of the worst I've read the entire tour, yet others claim it was a great show!
That said, everybody's opinions are valid.

Date: October 26, 2017 20:05

Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever
Highwire75

Actually what I found interesting was the mixed reviews and the differences of opinions of people who were at the same show.
That review posted by Highwire75 is one of the worst I've read the entire tour, yet others claim it was a great show!

It was a fantastic show, i had many problems that spoiled it, camera confiscated and pissed about etc, but the Stones gave it all they had, they really did give it all, but Highwire75 has some valid points he is not prepared to expand on. I don't blame him.
I much preferred Sundays show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 20:08 by stone4ever.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 26, 2017 20:23

Highwire75 is certainly entitled to his opinion although it seems to have been "tainted" by an unfavorable environment, which I can fully understand, especially since my concert was off to a bad start with a boorish loudmouth who popped up at the last minute, half drunk, wanting to violently high five everyone, and who looked and sounded like a caricature of corrupt NYC cop in a bad movie. Fortunately he disappeared during "She's a Rainbow", phew...

Anyway I didn't see anyone last night who didn't think like me that this was the best of the Paris shows, ahead of Paris I for its "energy" and "camaraderie", and of Paris II with its very botched encore. In fact my immediate neighbor (who was seeing them for the 294th time) claimed that this show had been as enjoyable as any he'd ever seen. In any case these 3 Paris shows were performed at a very high level by a band that is obviously not as "technically proficient" as 20 years ago but certainly as "powerful" as I've ever seen it and who could ask for more honestly ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 20:27 by gotdablouse.

Date: October 26, 2017 20:27

Seeing them 294 times? eye popping smiley

Look up fanatic in the dictionary and there he is, and kind of doubt someone at this level of fanaticism would ever say a single negative word about their band.

Date: October 26, 2017 20:29

I can't wait to see them again next year. That's my biggest request out of last night.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 26, 2017 20:33

I love this pic by zgubi (Andreea Chelsoi) of Ronnie with his Swope guitar and Mick helping Charlie out on drums. smiling smiley

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: October 26, 2017 20:38

I didn’t read it before but Mick was throwing again his red shirt in the crowd, this time in GA.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 26, 2017 20:44

Didn't see that ? When did that happen ? When he took off his blue jacket he made sure it stayed on the catwalk.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 26, 2017 20:49

Hairball

Look up fanatic in the dictionary and there he is, and kind of doubt someone at this level of fanaticism would ever say a single negative word about their band.

I tell it like it is Hairball, the two shows i saw, Paris 2 and 3 were better than most shows since 2012 and definitely better than any show in 07'

There was a lot of emotion attached to these last shows,, especially last nights, we the fans felt it, and the Stones themselves new it, it was possibly the last ever show Wednesday, and if it was, the Stones should be very proud to bow out in such an explosive energetic passionate way.
But alas there were many external problems that spoiled it outside of the Stones performances. I will never see a show in Paris again.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: October 26, 2017 20:59

Niek
I didn’t read it before but Mick was throwing again his red shirt in the crowd, this time in GA.
Yes I saw that. I was surprised because earlier in the show he made sure to put his blue jacket on the floor. Later he shot in with his foot (to make sure no one was going to slide on it, I thought). But it was not a simple tee-shirt smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 21:00 by Sister Marie.

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: October 26, 2017 21:01

Quique-stone
corriecas
Quique-stone
vinckske
schwonek
This is so great and funny, like kids playing in the yard: Paint it black last night.

(Keith starts the song, Charlie plays)
Mick: Damn it. (runs away)
Ronnie: Whoa.
Keith: What's up with Mick?
Ronnie: He forgot his microphone.
Keith: (laughing and shaking his head) I love that guy.
Charlie: One, two, three, four.
Chuck: Pling, pling.

[www.youtube.com]

Indeed a fantastic moment , love it...

Love Ronnie's face expression...

Also some strange notes were played here...but ...wtf.

Great Great !! What a @#$%& great band it is !!
jeroen

Closer view from Proman2'd video:
[www.youtube.com]

Great shot Fred! thumbs up
The look on his face when he realises the mic stand is empty. :-)

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 26, 2017 21:07

@thijs81 : great analyse
@rockerparis : thanks for the great pics

my vid of Keith leaving today
[www.youtube.com]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 26, 2017 21:36

syrel
SomeTorontoGirl
I was lucky enough to get hooked up with a pit ticket for last night, and spent the concert against the rail on Keith’s side. What a difference! First, in Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Paris on Sunday, few folks in the seats were standing, and that made a huge difference for me, there was so much less energy. Second, last night reminded me of huge fireworks displays - that same feeling of concussion you get in the chest just from the physical impact of the sound. Third, the sound quality wads amazing, and I was surprised it came through in some video clips I shot. And the proximity made the whole show more immediate and intense - even in the lower stands adjacent to the stage there is about 50 feet of floor between the seat and the stage at the closest place. I think I’m spoiled for life now, and so glad to have had this experience!

Didn't manage to catch you at the end. Glad you enjoyed it. I had all the dancing space in the world about 20 yards behind you.

Glad ya danced yourself silly! Catch you on the next one - I’ll wear my Buffalo shirt. cool smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 26, 2017 21:40

Yes probably the last show in Paris.
But hope I am wrong.

stone4ever
Hairball

I tell it like it is Hairball, the two shows i saw, Paris 2 and 3 were better than most shows since 2012 and definitely better than any show in 07'

There was a lot of emotion attached to these last shows,, especially last nights, we the fans felt it, and the Stones themselves new it, it was possibly the last ever show Wednesday, and if it was, the Stones should be very proud to bow out in such an explosive energetic passionate way.
But alas there were many external problems that spoiled it outside of the Stones performances. I will never see a show in Paris again.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 26, 2017 21:40

Well, I agree with Gotdablouse. I saw 6 shows this tour, including Paris 2, and for me Paris 3 was clearly the best.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 26, 2017 21:50

Promoman2
video: [youtu.be] She's a Rainbow

* Lovely capture thank you so much.

‘Have you seen a lady fairrrer’

Posted by: Highwire75 ()
Date: October 26, 2017 23:16

stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball
stone4ever
Highwire75

It was a fantastic show, i had many problems that spoiled it, camera confiscated and pissed about etc, but the Stones gave it all they had, they really did give it all, but Highwire75 has some valid points he is not prepared to expand on. I don't blame him.
I much preferred Sundays show.

I'm really sorry, guys, but I can to be a Stones addict AND to be objective on my feeling.

Putain, 122 euros the ticket @#$%& !!

[highwire75.format.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.instagram.com]
[twitter.com]

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 26, 2017 23:34

What a wonderful night! Below some of my best shots. Again, lucky dips for this show and PIT again! We were over the moon. 100% hit rate with Lucky dips: thank you Stones! The best gift for a fan. Cage the elephant also stepped up the ladder for this last one, with even more crowd interactions, a mirror act and full energy - a great support act for the Stones!

The Stones show was 100 pct perfect for me, the best of all 3 Parisian nights and very different from the first two ones. The crowd was more energetic, even an attempt to a wave was made before the show and the band balanced on the difficult line where pure professionalism meets onstage enjoyment and pleasure: pure magic!

I never felt the pace was slipping away, they kept the motor roaring throughout the show. World class!

It was worth the waiting, and I had my dose of Stones now, to speak in Keith's terms: "for a while".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 23:36 by damnation.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: October 26, 2017 23:36

Sympathy For The Devil, No Filter Pit

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: October 27, 2017 00:03

She's A Rainbow, No Filter Pit

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-27 00:04 by Christiaan.

Date: October 27, 2017 00:09

stone4ever
Hairball

I trust that you do tell it like it is stones4ever, but not sure why you used that quote from me?
I was replying to gotdablouse who he met a guy who has seen the Stones 294 times (!!!eye popping smiley !!! ) that said the show had been as enjoyable as any he'd ever seen - maybe for him it was?

As for your take on the final show, sounds like it was great, but when you compare it to what Highwire75 says which is almost the exact opposite, makes you wonder if the reality is somewhere in the middle.

How can someone say:

"Keith ... great Thursday and Sunday. But there, OMG it was bad !! he decided to do no solo or almost ... even on Satisfaction !!. Ronnie ... he was here yesterday? I did not see him..."

And another say:

"Paris 2 and 3 were better than most shows since 2012"?

Just goes to show rock and roll (and art in general) is not a science, and each individual can take away from it what they perceive.

From my virtual experience of this tour from my couch in California lol, I'd say Paris 2 was the best. The band seemed to have the most fun, the performance was relatively great, they bumped Sympathy out of the opening slot, and the reviews were all positive (haven't read a nasty one yet).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-27 00:17 by Hairball.

Date: October 27, 2017 00:14

Wrong post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-27 00:23 by Niek.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 27, 2017 00:22

Hairball quote:
“From my virtual experience of this tour from my couch in California lol, I'd say Paris 2 was the best.
The band seemed to have the most fun, the performance was relatively great, the bumped Sympathy out of the opening slot, and the reviews were all positive.”

That JJF opener- I could
only view it 1x my H tapped my shoulder while
filming it, I turned around my eyes are slits I am smiling so hard
there was even smoke
coming out the side of the stage b4 JJF (not red tho) and I made a joke
‘here comes Keith (smoking)’
Then BAM! Blinded by the Light

Posted by: thijs1981 ()
Date: October 27, 2017 00:26

What Keith said about Jagger during introductions:

"...but let's not forget... Mick Jagger"

[youtu.be]

Date: October 27, 2017 00:34

gotdablouse
Didn't see that ? When did that happen ? When he took off his blue jacket he made sure it stayed on the catwalk.

During JJF you can see it on this YouTube [youtu.be] at minute 3.10

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 27, 2017 00:56

thijs1981
What Keith said about Jagger during introductions:

"...but let's not forget... Mick Jagger"

[youtu.be]
Followed by the best line of the evening...
"our last show for a bit... but not forever.. for sure" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 16 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1616
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home