Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 14 of 18
Re: Paris show-3 France 25-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: October 26, 2017 11:47

video: [youtu.be] Slipping Away

Date: October 26, 2017 11:47

video: [youtu.be] Happy

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: October 26, 2017 11:55

Keith picked up a towel from Charlie's drum pedestal - [www.Facebook.com] (Pos. 8:20).

I think it's an argentinian flag throwned on stage during Miss You.

Mick gave a hint for british shows next year saying in french about Mrs MAY present in the joint!! : you must be kind with her if you want a passport (or visa ?) for next year.

Date: October 26, 2017 11:57

video: [youtu.be] Rambler

Date: October 26, 2017 11:59

video: [youtu.be] She's a Rainbow

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 26, 2017 11:59

Promoman2

You have a nice, steady camera hand . Well done on your beautiful clips

Date: October 26, 2017 12:00

midimannz
Promoman2

You have a nice, steady camera hand . Well done on your beautiful clips

Thanks. Enjoy

Date: October 26, 2017 12:21

video: [youtu.be] Sympathy for the Devil (Rehabilitated as opener)

Date: October 26, 2017 12:26

Highwire75
Sorry for my bad english (and google translate)

3rd date in fosse OR. The least good of the three, the second concert was the best for me.

OMG the audience in the fosse OR ... a horror !!! grandpas and grannies who spend their time to taking disgusting videos with their smartphones or stay static. Nothing to do with Sunday's audience, younger, more stone addict.
Regarding our Stones, they clearly had their heads already at home.

Mick, breathless level "jokes", What is the point of talking about Patrick Bruel or Mrs. Macron, apart from booing by the public ?? !!
He seemed very exasperated by the softness of the audience (I understand him).

Keith ... great Thursday and Sunday. But there, OMG it was bad !! he decided to do no solo or almost ... even on Satisfaction !!.

Ronnie ... he was here yesterday? I did not see him...

Finally, a concert not at all up for a final date tour. The Stones clearly wanted to finish it as soon as possible. I'm disappointed.

Don’t want to start a fight but i have to disagree 1000%. And i like to consider myself as an objective person when it’s about the Stones, not the kind of « best show ever fan ».

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: October 26, 2017 12:26

On the train back to Germany last night''s show is still ringing in my head. And I agree with most of the people who posted their reviews or impressions. It was a hell of a show, certainly the best I have seen on this tour ( the first four and now the grand finale). Thanks for a great tour.

Date: October 26, 2017 12:35

Jumpinjackflash59
Highwire75

3rd date in fosse OR. The least good of the three, the second concert was the best for me.

OMG the audience in the fosse OR ... a horror !!! grandpas and grannies who spend their time to taking disgusting videos with their smartphones or stay static. Nothing to do with Sunday's audience, younger, more stone addict.

Mick, breathless level "jokes", What is the point of talking about Patrick Bruel or Mrs. Macron, apart from booing by the public ?? !!

Keith ... great Thursday and Sunday. But there, OMG it was bad !! he decided to do no solo or almost ... even on Satisfaction !!.

Finally, a concert not at all up for a final date tour. The Stones clearly wanted to finish it as soon as possible. I'm disappointed.

Don’t want to start a fight but i have to disagree 1000%. And i like to consider myself as an objective person when it’s about the Stones, not the kind of « best show ever fan ».

Apart from a couple of hickups in MR (what happened there??) and PIB, I thought Keith sounded fine on the Periscope-feed. Ronnie was excellent.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: October 26, 2017 12:42

Date: October 26, 2017 13:25

What says Mick in french last evening :
After IORR = merci bien, merci Paris. Ça va Paname (slang for Paris)
Salut la France, salut les Gaulois.
TD / JYF / RTD
Ça va bien tout le monde ?
SSC
On va passer, on va passer à la chanson du vote
SAR
Vous voulez chanter avec moi ?
YCAGWYW
Vous chantez tellement bien
PIB
C'est notre dernier concert pour l'instant et c'est le parfait endroit pour finir la tournée.
Qui vient de marseille ? Toulouse ? De Nice ? D'Argentina ?
HTW

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: October 26, 2017 13:29

Highwire75

As I've said elsewhere, where you are located makes a big difference to how you hear the show. The Fosse Or crowd around me on Sunday was dead. To me, last night was 10 times better than Sunday.

Syrel

Date: October 26, 2017 13:35

After HTW
Il y a beaucoup de célébrités ici ce soir.
Vous avez, vous avez, nous avons Patrick BRUEL, Sylvie VARTAN bien sûr, DAFT PUNK et voilà madame MACRON et j'espère que vous vous entendez bien avec Mrs MAY ou on risque de ne pas obtenir les visas pour la prochaine tournée en France.
Introduction
Claviers et cor harmonie : Matt C.
A la guitare, le RENOIR du rock : RW
Maintenant, le BAUDELAIRE de la batterie : CW
Happy / SA / MY / MR
45 concerts en France
SFM / SMU
Merciii, vous êtes "A DONF" (verlan/slang for "A fond" meaning "Into it")
BS / JJF / GS /
Est-ce que vous kiffez ? (slang for Do you like it)
Je vous surkiffe (I like you more)
Satisfaction
And during this last song : Paris vous êtes trop gentils.

Date: October 26, 2017 14:02

Care to translate? smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 26, 2017 14:07

Yeah I was going to say the "Ms May" comment wasn't a hint to next year's tour as he was talking about their Visas but that's corrected above.

Keith (and Mick ?) did say it was the last concert for a while clearly saying this was not planned to be the last one, something most us here believe they will never say anyway.

45th concert ? Didn't he say it was 34 concerts on Sunday ?!

So yes, after a thunderous MR, Keith sat down after the intro of SMU for about a minute and at one point Mick seemed to wonder where he was. He was playing fine though so who knows what happened...Jane Rose who spent the whole concert taking pictures and videos right next to us looked a bit worried...Anyway here are some pics.

Where's Keith ?

Oh here he is !

Back to the grind :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 14:11 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 26, 2017 14:13

Pictures and reports from the show here:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 26, 2017 14:15

DandelionPowderman
Jumpinjackflash59
Highwire75

Apart from a couple of hickups in MR (what happened there??) and PIB, I thought Keith sounded fine on the Periscope-feed. Ronnie was excellent.

Maybe I was at a different concert last night. The way I see it: Keith loves the audience and we love him too. Dearly. And when he comes close to us to play his solo, he just stops and takes in the moment. As we do. He is not lazy. I don't care about his solo. He is a Blues guy. He plays a few notes - and that is enough! Enough to make him and (most of) us happy. For me - it is all about being happy. And not the amount of correct notes he play.

Date: October 26, 2017 14:19

schwonek
DandelionPowderman
Jumpinjackflash59
Highwire75

Maybe I was at a different concert last night. The way I see it: Keith loves the audience and we love him too. Dearly. And when he comes close to us to play his solo, he just stops and takes in the moment. As we do. He is not lazy. I don't care about his solo. He is a Blues guy. He plays a few notes - and that is enough! Enough to make him and (most of) us happy. For me - it is all about being happy. And not the amount of correct notes he play.

All of this is true, and nicely described, too.

I wasn't thinking of his solos. He counted wrongly on MR last night, and ended up being in the wrong place in the song for a minute or so (pretty early in the song) smiling smiley

Date: October 26, 2017 14:21

grzegorz67
(...)As the crowd slowly dispersed at the end, the small and very enthusiastic Argentinian contingent, earlier acknowledged by Keith, did a dance and waved their flags. I stopped to watch and take photos and I saw Bjornulf walking past and he stopped to watch them too. Very stylish jacket btw, Bjornulf - Mick will want one if he sees it!(...)

Is that what you saw : [youtu.be] ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 26, 2017 14:27

This is so great and funny, like kids playing in the yard: Paint it black last night.

(Keith starts the song, Charlie plays)
Mick: Damn it. (runs away)
Ronnie: Whoa.
Keith: What's up with Mick?
Ronnie: He forgot his microphone.
Keith: (laughing and shaking his head) I love that guy.
Charlie: One, two, three, four.
Chuck: Pling, pling.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 26, 2017 14:37

GOTDABLOUSE quoted : 45th concert ? Didn't he say it was 34 concerts on Sunday ?!

What i understand:
34 was the number of shows in paris (last sunday)
45 is the number for FRANCE including last night = 35 in Paris and 10 outside
Marseille and

Posted by: Highwire75 ()
Date: October 26, 2017 14:45

syrel
Highwire75

As I've said elsewhere, where you are located makes a big difference to how you hear the show. The Fosse Or crowd around me on Sunday was dead. To me, last night was 10 times better than Sunday.

Syrel

Keith's side at the barrier

I won't to fight with you guys. It was simply my feelings, ok?

[highwire75.format.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.instagram.com]
[twitter.com]

Posted by: thijs1981 ()
Date: October 26, 2017 14:59

Other notable things:

- Keith thanked Mick after the band introductions
- Mick played Charlies cymbals again, like on Wednesday
- She's So Cold seem to go on longer than usual, Mick was very into it, leading the whole band
- God bless their sound guy, Dave Natale. I can understand the sound in these places being difficult in different spots, but I was in the line of fire of the speakers in the pit and his mix is brutally honest, very rough, very rock 'n roll.

Date: October 26, 2017 15:00

"- Keith thanked Mick after the band introductions"

I don't remember him doing at Paris I/II ? Where else did he do it on this tour ?

One thing he did is say something to Mick's ear during MR and after trying to stay serious Mick broke out into a big smile : [youtu.be]

Before that Keith had gone to interact with Mick during his harmonica playing, not something I remember seeing him do recently ?

Another unrelated tidbit : after Darryl's solo Mick said in a very deep voice "What would Bootsy think about that".

marclaff
GOTDABLOUSE quoted : 45th concert ? Didn't he say it was 34 concerts on Sunday ?!

What i understand:
Marseille and

That would explain the difference, but something is still off as Setlist.fm has 49 shows at this point : [www.setlist.fm] ;-)

--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 15:26 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: October 26, 2017 15:01

schwonek
This is so great and funny, like kids playing in the yard: Paint it black last night.

(Keith starts the song, Charlie plays)
Mick: Damn it. (runs away)
Ronnie: Whoa.
Keith: What's up with Mick?
Ronnie: He forgot his microphone.
Keith: (laughing and shaking his head) I love that guy.
Charlie: One, two, three, four.
Chuck: Pling, pling.

[www.youtube.com]

Indeed a fantastic moment , love it...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 26, 2017 15:04

angee
Does anyone know what Keith's t shirt with the heart says or what it means? (Thanks.)

T heart A is what Theodora scrawled on a wall in Soho and was arrested for.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: October 26, 2017 15:14

Date: October 26, 2017 15:15

gotdablouse

marclaff

What i understand:
Marseille and

That would explain the difference, but something is still off as Setlist.fm has 49 shows at this point : [www.setlist.fm] ;-)

Third show Olympia 65 is doubtful, 2 shows in Marseille in 66 ?
Did they count Trabendo and Carmignac as real shows ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 14 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2238
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home