Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 18
Paris show-3 France 25-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2017 09:43

This thread is for live updates and comments regarding The Rolling Stones No Filter Paris show-3 France 25-Oct-2017.

Please tell us your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

For the pre-show talks regarding this show please see the old now closed thread:

Paris France travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017

Show start is expected to be around 21:00 CET (Central European Time), i.e. 9pm, which is 8pm UK time, 3pm EST US East Coast, 12 noon PST US West Coast etc. Give or take 15-30 minutes plus/minus.

Bjornulf

Re: Paris show-3 France 25-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 25, 2017 09:51

I am boarding my plane to Paris. See you tonight. Hope to get Pit for my Lucky Dips. hot smiley

Saw them in Hamburg and Düsseldorf. Now final Paris. A great tour! I love that band.

Date: October 25, 2017 09:53

Date: October 25, 2017 09:55

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: October 25, 2017 10:42

On my way to Paris with Thalys. Looking forward to the show tonight. Mixed feelings because it’s the last show this tour.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 25, 2017 11:05

A quiet morning in the neighborhood of the U Arena.
Police is there, the security perimeter is currently being prepared.
Nearby bars are getting ready for the afternoon
No sun, but no rain either.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 25, 2017 11:12

Those who were in pit in Paris previously: which entrance / queue to take?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 25, 2017 11:33

MartinB
Those who were in pit in Paris previously: which entrance / queue to take?

#33.
I don’t need to say have a great time everyone, because you will.

Posted by: rlstone ()
Date: October 25, 2017 11:37

Fans with pit tickets should go straight to the fences on the left side of gate 33 instead of waiting in the general fosse/fosse or lines

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: October 25, 2017 11:45

Hope everyone enjoys tonight! Wish I could be there !

I have seen Stones four times and Metallica twice in last few weeks...Tired!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 25, 2017 11:56

Hopefully they will put back the big PIT banner they had for Paris 1 that was indeed to the far left of 33. Hopefully those who get there early can confirm this.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 25, 2017 12:12

rlstone

Fans with pit tickets should go straight to the fences on the left side of gate 33 instead of waiting in the general fosse/fosse or lines

Sunday, 22-Oct-2017, 7:50pm · [Twitter.com] · Large picture

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-25 17:40 by Irix.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: October 25, 2017 12:25

Irix
rlstone

[Twitter.com] · Large picture

I have a ticket fosse or and I am not looking forward to stand in this line eye rolling smiley

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 25, 2017 13:00

very excited. I bought a ticket last night in FOS OR thanks to a fan belonging to this board.
this will be my fourth show after Barcelona et the previous Paris ones. but this time not on a seat but close to the stage smiling bouncing smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 25, 2017 13:11

Niek
Irix
rlstone

[Twitter.com] · Large picture

I have a ticket fosse or and I am not looking forward to stand in this line eye rolling smiley

That's where I am tonight too. I was in Fosse for Shows 1& 2 (Lucky Dip) and arrived at 5.30 & 4.45 respectively. I was going to head along later tonight, but judging by that mess at 7.50, I'll be there at 5-6 again tonight. The U ArenA really need to sort this out, sooner rather than later. I think a lot more people will arrive later tonight than on Sunday , being a working day.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 25, 2017 13:12

Gzregorz, can you remember if the Lucky Dip counter opened at 6PM or before? thanks!

Date: October 25, 2017 13:20

damnation
Gzregorz, can you remember if the Lucky Dip counter opened at 6PM or before? thanks!

It's supposed to be 6pm but was a little later on Sunday. On Thursday, security let me through the barrier so no need to queue at Gate 32. I got straight in and grabbed a good spot in Fosse.

However, on Sunday, all Lucky Dippers had to queue at Gate 32 with regular ticket holders and it took forever. I didn't get in until after 6.30. They still let me in via a special turnstile at Gate 33 once I'd collected my ticket. I was straight in with no further queueing.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2017 13:41

Niek

It is not a line. It is a crowd all over the area. Good luck queuing. May be it helps to take valium or having a few drinks or arriving at 8:30pm, I don't know. It is 19th nervous breakdown, a venue with many gates but only one really in use.

Bjornulf

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: October 25, 2017 13:41

gotdablouse
Hopefully they will put back the big PIT banner they had for Paris 1 that was indeed to the far left of 33. Hopefully those who get there early can confirm this.

That "Pit" banner is up now - might be hard to see with the crowds later, but it's far to the left of the main 33 queue; still on the front side of the arena, just far to the left, when looking ahead at the front of the arena.

There were already about 15 fans gathered at noon, but don't worry. We got a great location in the pit on Sunday and didn't get to the arena area until just before 7 (but we did find the correct way to get to the pit entrance and went around the huge line in the center).

Note: I agree with BV and others posting about the overall poor organization (especially for the 1st Paris concert) and the poor design of the surrounding area, especially for the vast majority of fans coming through the La Defense public transportation. The outside area design is very flawed for any event that fills both the stands and floor, like a concert. It might work somewhat acceptably for sports events and other events with half as many people, but it's hard to see how they can change the outside area design to accommodate a Stones sized crowd, even in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-25 14:00 by IGTBA.

Date: October 25, 2017 13:55

IGTBA
gotdablouse

That "Pit" banner is up now - might be hard to see with the crowds later, but it's far to the left of the main 33 queue; still on the front side of the arena, just far to the left, when looking ahead at the front of the arena.

There were already about 15 fans gathered there at noon, but don't worry. We got a great location in the pit on Sunday and didn't get to the arena area until just before 7 (but we did find the correct way to get to the pit entrance and went around the huge line in the center).

Did Fosse Or have its own queue too?

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: October 25, 2017 14:06

grzegorz67

I think so. I think that quene is to the right of 33, but I didn't pay close attention. Also, with the amount of Fosse Or tickets, the lines for Fosse and Fosse Or probably blend together. Still I'd stay to the right, if I had Fosse Or tickets.

Posted by: kwoznica ()
Date: October 25, 2017 14:06

grzegorz67
damnation

It's supposed to be 6pm but was a little later on Sunday. On Thursday, security let me through the barrier so no need to queue at Gate 32. I got straight in and grabbed a good spot in Fosse.

However, on Sunday, all Lucky Dippers had to queue at Gate 32 with regular ticket holders and it took forever. I didn't get in until after 6.30. They still let me in via a special turnstile at Gate 33 once I'd collected my ticket. I was straight in with no further queueing.

We had Lucky Dip on Sunday and after initial talk with the security we were also queueing in the long line to the Gate 32. When I asked the other guy (with a label "Biletterie") he took us to the different line to this gate (the last entrance on the left side) where were only few people. I collected tickets as one of the first Lucky Dippers and got No Filter Pit. People before us also got Pit so maybe they release it firstly. We came to the arena about 5 pm

Date: October 25, 2017 14:13

IGTBA
grzegorz67

I think so. I think that quene is to the right of 33, but I didn't pay close attention. Also, with the amount of Fosse Or tickets, the lines for Fosse and Fosse Or probably blend together. Still I'd stay to the right, if I had Fosse Or tickets.

I was at the front of Fosse at Shows 1 & 2 and Fosse Or seemed to be quite small. Much smaller than in Lucca or Barcelona so probably not that many tickets. The front Centre of Fosse wasn't so far from the end of the catwalk.

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: October 25, 2017 14:16

This time FOS OR entry is on the left side, between the PIT entry (left left) and the FOS (middle)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 25, 2017 14:27

Am I the only one with a (rather sentimental) sense of closure?

Exactly 5 years ago (Oct. 25 2012) the Stones played the 1st gig of their NET in Paris (Trabendo).
5 years later (Oct. 25 2017) they play the last gig of the current tour in Paris.

Weird huh?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 25, 2017 14:39

IGTBA
gotdablouse

There were already about 15 fans gathered at noon, but don't worry. We got a great location in the pit on Sunday and didn't get to the arena area until just before 7 (but we did find the correct way to get to the pit entrance and went around the huge line in the center).

Good to hear, thanks. I'm guessing today will be more like Thursday. Sunday around 7 was a complete nightmare in front of the Arena, but like you we pushed across and went straight to the LD booth only to get Fosse, hehe...Pit again tonight though.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: October 25, 2017 15:51

fanch
This time FOS OR entry is on the left side, between the PIT entry (left left) and the FOS (middle)

Have you already been to use Arena today?

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: October 25, 2017 16:25

The queue is allready in the security area for each category

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 25, 2017 16:26

dcba
Am I the only one with a (rather sentimental) sense of closure?

Exactly 5 years ago (Oct. 25 2012) the Stones played the 1st gig of their NET in Paris (Trabendo).
5 years later (Oct. 25 2017) they play the last gig of the current tour in Paris.

Weird huh?

I'm looking foward to next year's "No Closure" tour of the United Kingdom

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 25, 2017 16:35

Twitter

By Tom Gold:
Karl Denson, saxophonist for RollingStones rehearsing backstage before Sunday’s show in Paris

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1893
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home