Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Rolling Stones -Future
Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: October 23, 2017 22:58

After reviewing the comments from the fans attending this tour, there is some consensus that the band is not as "tight" as they used to be. In my opinion, I do not care if they mess up on some cords nor do I care that they are not as polished as they once were. They are the Rolling Stones and I would go to see them in concert every chance I have. Enjoy this experience as long as we can.
I feel, if they continue to tour, maybe they should move inside to an arena setting. Although, this would not return a better dollar outcome, it may present a more musical atmosphere where they would be no weather issues and a smaller stage. Any comments?

Re: Rolling Stones -Future
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 23, 2017 23:03

It's probably a bit more taxing physically for Jagger to play a stadium than an arena but I doubt it makes much of a difference for the band.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 23, 2017 23:15

Theaters and clubs.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 23, 2017 23:24

Retire.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 23, 2017 23:31

The Rolling Stones have always and will always do whatever they feel like doing: free concert in Hyde Park, a blues album, heroin - you name it. On Wednesday it may very well be their last gig. Of course people said that back in 1982 too.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 23, 2017 23:36

I can't imagine small tours, sets of 10 - 14 gigs, as they do at their age, only taking place in theaters and clubs. In other words, I can't imagine the Stones doing a tour for 100,000 people only. If they continue to tour, I see stadiums again. Basically. And it's fine to me. I love attending them in big venues. Never believed in the "equation" that "smaller venues = better musical atmosphere". And for sure, i believe that Rock and Roll has nothing to do with agoraphobia!

So, let them rocking big crowds. They still can do it. They know how to do it, better than anyone else, out there...

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: October 23, 2017 23:37

"You've got the sun, you've got the moon, and you've got the Rolling Stones"

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 23, 2017 23:51

Bjorn
Retire.

That is the same as saying to your wife "go get lost" because she is getting older and she does look as great as the hot chicks on TV. So while the kids might enjoy their rap music or synth pop or whatever new there is we do still have the one and only STONES.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 23, 2017 23:53

Residencies.
Five night runs at The Beacon for e.g.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 24, 2017 00:07

Studio work and Blues gigs at small venues.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: October 24, 2017 00:13

My advice is go and see them instead of reviewing comments. They were amazing in Paris last night and equally great but different in Amsterdam 3 weeks ago. Anything could happen but they are loving it. There is no substitute for a live performance for any fan.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 24, 2017 00:15

2018 - UK and Ireland plus new studio album
2019 - Asia and Australia in feb. and USA and Canada in the fall
2020 - Europe and BAL N.2 or a Rock'n roll cover album in the fall
2022 - Greatest Hits with 3/4 new tunes and residency Tour 6+6 LA and NYC
2023 - Residency Tour 6+6 Paris ans London

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: October 24, 2017 00:21

They should just play small bars in Austin Texas smoking smiley

Date: October 24, 2017 00:25

mailexile67

Yeah, something like that. winking smiley

But the 2023 Residency tour will also include New York and L.A. and/or a month long residency of 10 shows in Vegas.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 24, 2017 00:31

RobertJohnson
agree and play some blues songs their own

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 24, 2017 01:05

People seem to have a short memory here. The Stones tried to reduce their act to a smaller venues back in 2013 when touring America. Of course, they wanted to have the same same amount of income as usual which had the the effect that the promoters weren't too impressed by the results by trying to 'barbrastreisending' the ticket prices as best as they could do. Add there that Jagger found the rich and privileged (and old and lazy) arena audiences boring to do a rock and roll show he was used to. (Partly) for that reason he wanted to to do the Hyde Park shows with a lot of space available for 'cheap' tickets to make sure that there is enough of energy involved in the front of stage (remember what a hassle did that caused, for example, here, because of people found out that people cannot buy a safe and sure FOS seat 'just like that'.)

After the US Tour experiment - was it due to the promoter problem (to guarantee the money they want anyway) or for 'artistic reasons' who knows or cares - the Stones have taken the good old habit of theirs of doing big stadium/festival concerts. Probably a best option for both of them (the band & the promoters). No reason to expect any change in future.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-24 01:17 by Doxa.

Date: October 24, 2017 01:16

black n blue
RobertJohnson
agree and play some blues songs their own

I have the same dreams...they might play someday in that cool club just around the corner...May be they will do it some day, but then it will either be a surprise gig or I definitly couldn´t afford it...we will see...

But for now it seems they will still deliver the way we are used to it, as long as everybody stays safe....

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 24, 2017 01:19

People still listen to Mozart and the Stones are equally important so their future is assured people will be listening and talking about them in 500 years

Nate

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: October 24, 2017 01:23

I think they should do smaller gigs with stuff they haven't played in decades. Invite Buddy Guy, Patti Smith ( just saw her, wow!)...

No warhorses, small gigs, just live requests. Play Buddy Guy's in Chicago.

I suggest smaller gigs, because I'd like to hear something new that's really old. smiling smiley And they could add some new stuff, in other words play as artists.

I appreciate their willingness to play the same songs for years to satisfy most fans ( I like 'em too) but I'd appreciate a more curated show.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: October 24, 2017 01:32

Bjorn
Retire.

Get a life

Date: October 24, 2017 02:09

Librarian
I think they should do smaller gigs with stuff they haven't played in decades. Invite Buddy Guy, Patti Smith ( just saw her, wow!)...

I suggest smaller gigs, because I'd like to hear something new that's really old. smiling smiley And they could add some new stuff, in other words play as artists.

I appreciate their willingness to play the same songs for years to satisfy most fans ( I like 'em too) but I'd appreciate a more curated show.

Well - sad to say, it´s all about money and even if they like to do small gigs, it will be a dream...it´s toooo expensive. The club gigs they did at the Licks tour 2003 was a rare gift to fans ...because they loose money with those small gigs...Therefore, well done and thank you for that special experience!!

But we will never know what the future will deliver....

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 24, 2017 02:34

ThroughTheLonelyNights
Librarian

Well - sad to say, it´s all about money and even if they like to do small gigs, it will be a dream...it´s toooo expensive. The club gigs they did at the Licks tour 2003 was a rare gift to fans ...because they loose money with those small gigs...Therefore, well done and thank you for that special experience!!

But we will never know what the future will deliver....

we never knew, so why start now????? cool smiley

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: October 24, 2017 02:54

Hopefully a great new album in 2018!

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 24, 2017 03:11

they need to come to Shenzhen China

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-24 03:12 by mandu.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: October 24, 2017 03:43

Only 14 show's this year......that's it....How many next year?....We shall see.......M

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 24, 2017 03:49

Stop playing brown sugar

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: October 24, 2017 03:59

Hairball
mailexile67

But the 2023 Residency tour will also include New York and L.A. and/or a month long residency of 10 shows in Vegas.
What about after that?

Date: October 24, 2017 04:04

geordiestone
Hairball
mailexile67

What about after that?

My crystal ball says...

The future's uncertain...first things first, lets get through 2023 before we start making more demands, wishlists, setlists, etc., etc., etc.

winking smiley

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 24, 2017 04:37

The only band that outlived all of their fans!

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: October 24, 2017 05:37

Doxa
People seem to have a short memory here. The Stones tried to reduce their act to a smaller venues back in 2013 when touring America. Of course, they wanted to have the same same amount of income as usual which had the the effect that the promoters weren't too impressed by the results by trying to 'barbrastreisending' the ticket prices as best as they could do. Add there that Jagger found the rich and privileged (and old and lazy) arena audiences boring to do a rock and roll show he was used to. (Partly) for that reason he wanted to to do the Hyde Park shows with a lot of space available for 'cheap' tickets to make sure that there is enough of energy involved in the front of stage (remember what a hassle did that caused, for example, here, because of people found out that people cannot buy a safe and sure FOS seat 'just like that'.)

After the US Tour experiment - was it due to the promoter problem (to guarantee the money they want anyway) or for 'artistic reasons' who knows or cares - the Stones have taken the good old habit of theirs of doing big stadium/festival concerts. Probably a best option for both of them (the band & the promoters). No reason to expect any change in future.

- Doxa
FOS? Front of Stadium?

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1956
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home