Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 15 of 18
Re: Paris show-2 France 22-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 23, 2017 16:06

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Maybe I am being stupid: Pyro inside or outside the arena :-/

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 23, 2017 16:12

BowieStone
Like in Sympathy. Normally he steps forward and attempts a solo.
Now he just went to the sides and barely played a note.

I get the impression Keith isn't interested in playing SFTD anymore, he's done with it, he just treats it as a meet and greet to the crowd. Rightfully so. He's not interested in Miss You either, can you blame him.
Don't let those two songs detract from a brilliant performance from Keith, he was so much better than Ronnie last night.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 23, 2017 16:14

schwonek
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Maybe I am being stupid: Pyro inside or outside the arena :-/

Inside:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 23, 2017 16:52

stone4ever
BowieStone

I get the impression Keith isn't interested in playing SFTD anymore, he's done with it, he just treats it as a meet and greet to the crowd. Rightfully so. He's not interested in Miss You either, can you blame him.
Don't let those two songs detract from a brilliant performance from Keith, he was so much better than Ronnie last night.
Glad you got your Keith fix on stone4ever..
Never have thought of Keith and Ronnie in terms of a competition really, and at this stage not going to start. Even when one is having an exceptional night, it's always been more .. Ronnie was on fire tonight, or Keith.

Date: October 23, 2017 16:54

MisterDDDD
stone4ever
BowieStone

Never have thought of Keith and Ronnie in terms of a competition really, and at this stage not going to start. Even when one is having an exceptional night, it's always been more .. Ronnie was on fire tonight, or Keith.

Date: October 23, 2017 16:55

jumpontopofmebaby
MisterDDDD
stone4ever
BowieStone

Both Miss You and SFTD should be retired and replaced with 4 songs.

Date: October 23, 2017 17:12

jumpontopofmebaby
MisterDDDD
stone4ever
BowieStone

Agreed jumpontopofmebaby i think most of us realize Keith can no longer do justice to SFTD and should not be forced to play a song he struggles with.
Mick certainly would not sing a song he feels he struggles with, especially as we haven't heard Keith shine on Sympathy since before 2012. Miss You is a complete waste of an opportunity to play two other songs such as Ruby Tuesday or Jigsaw Puzzle, songs that would also go down well with the crowd but would not mean a toilet brake for most of us.

Thank you MisterDDDD i did indeed get my fix from Keith.

Its strange how keith and Ronnie instinctively cover for each other, thankfully we never get a night when they both can't play. Its a pity we seldom get nights when they are both on fire, although we occasionally do i guess.
I just felt a little disappointed that just as Keith gets his game together Ronnie is sliding.
Its not that Ronnie was terrible or anything, but i felt concerned for him, when you see that gaunt face on those giant video screens you just get the feeling all is not well with Mr Wood. Hope i am wrong.

Date: October 23, 2017 17:23

stone4ever
jumpontopofmebaby
MisterDDDD
stone4ever
BowieStone

I get the impression Keith isn't interested in playing SFTD anymore.
Miss You is a complete waste of an opportunity to play two other songs such as Ruby Tuesday or Jigsaw Puzzle.

Well, I guess it is taste. I prefer Miss you to Ruby Tuesday. I love Miss you very much, have played it live many times and enjoy the band during that tune a lot.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 23, 2017 17:38

Those who are still in Paris may want to go to this free Stones photo exhibit in the posh 6th arrondissement:
[www.lagaleriedelinstant.com]

Features the photography of Dominique Tarlé, who shot those great pix during the Exile sessions! Just found out about it yesterday and haven't gone yet. Everyday until 20:00, October 29th is the last day.

Date: October 23, 2017 17:44

schwonek
stone4ever
jumpontopofmebaby
MisterDDDD
stone4ever
BowieStone

I get the impression Keith isn't interested in playing SFTD anymore.
Miss You is a complete waste of an opportunity to play two other songs such as Ruby Tuesday or Jigsaw Puzzle.

Well, I guess it is taste. I prefer Miss you to Ruby Tuesday. I love Miss you very much, have played it live many times and enjoy the band during that tune a lot.

Yes it is down to taste, of course its a crowd pleaser but i was under the impression most people from iorr are tired of it after it being played live for all these years. I get the impression Keith is tired of it also. Personally i never need to hear it again live.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 23, 2017 18:17

Sounds like a good time was had by all, and whether or not Keith was at his best (hard to say if he didn't play some of his trademark solos), or whether Ronnie was at his worst (maybe was simply overshadowed by Keith), the camaraderie on stage between the entire band seemed to make for an exceptional show. Plus the surprise factor of bumping Sympathy down the setlist where it belongs and opening with JJF must have been quite the rush. Maybe because Keith doesn't bother with the Sympathy solo they realized not the best song to start the ceremony with. Having it way down the list again, some of these details (crappy or no solo, etc.) can be somewhat overlooked, rather than being the first impression everybody gets from the band. And whether it was the opening song or not, those casual fans who are waiting to hear a blistering solo ala the studio version must be shaking their heads when they hear the mess Keith plays these days.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: October 23, 2017 18:41

I don't understand how anyone can say Keith was better than Ronnie, or that Keith carried the show, for either Paris concert.

I love Keith, but he isn't playing that well. Ronnie, and the keyboards, carry the music, while Charlie and Darryl continue to provide great rhythm; and Mick carries the overall performance.

Keith (and everyone else) is having a great time; Keith's two songs are good; and he plays well enough for his age and condition. The Keith I'm seeing now is better than the last part of the ABB tour (although the final three O2 performances then were good); and Ronnie is much better than he was during ABB, but Keith has definitely dropped off from how well he was playing when they returned for the five London/NYC concerts, after the layoff following ABB. Keith deserves credit for the great music he created, but Ronnie deserves credit for carrying Keith now. Ronnie is working hard most of the time - and may not be having as much fun as Keith, but that's because Ronnie needs to be ON and cover for Keith.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 23, 2017 19:02

Quique-stone
Hairball
Quique-stone
Hairball
Great setlist - this seems to be an extra special show.
Looking forward to seeing and hearing JJF, the blues covers, Angie, Happy, and Midnight Rambler via youtube videos. thumbs up
[iorr.org]

Thank you! thumbs up

You are welcome!

Only missing a complete SFM for the whole show!

Show complete now!
If anyone want to add their recordings it is very welcome and will be appreciated.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 23, 2017 19:02

IGTBA
I don't understand how anyone can say Keith was better than Ronnie, or that Keith carried the show, for either Paris concert.

I love Keith, but he isn't playing that well. Ronnie, and the keyboards, carry the music, while Charlie and Darryl continue to provide great rhythm; and Mick carries the overall performance.

I can’t disagree with this.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 23, 2017 19:33

What's the deal with this VIP package garbage do they insist on picking it up before the concert or is it possible to pick up after the concert and if before the concert is it possible to hand the bag to someone else before entering the pit?

Thanks

Nate

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: October 23, 2017 19:39

BowieStone
Just want to add: I’m not a Keith basher. Love the guy.

Just thought he had better gigs this tour: especially Amsterdam & Arnhem.
And Paris #1 was better than Paris #2.
I agree BowieStone ! They were on Fire early on in Amsterdam and Arnhem to me was the best gig of this entire no filter Tour Arnhem was over the top! You hit the nail on it's head!!!

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: October 23, 2017 19:47

Nate
What's the deal with this VIP package garbage do they insist on picking it up before the concert or is it possible to pick up after the concert and if before the concert is it possible to hand the bag to someone else before entering the pit?

Thanks

Nate

It is possible to take the VIP1 stuff after the show. You have to show your pit ticket and the other one for the stuff to a stand with a red flag on the left of the exit (inside the room). I have done it yesterday.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 23, 2017 19:47

Hmm, starting to sound like personal preference to me. Nothing wrong with that either. Personally I like Paris2 best. The gigs I saw were Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Arnhem and of course Paris2 my favorite of all. They were all special for different reasons sometimes. For instance I loved the street fest in Arnhem where I got to speak with a few fans. Hamburg of course we got Play With Fire and 22 songs. Dusseldorf was a blistering performance in my opinion. I love them all, but this gig even took my higher.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 23, 2017 19:52

This short video can give us a glimpse of how much fun Mick was having backstage: [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 23, 2017 19:54

"The Keith I'm seeing now is better than the last part of the ABB tour (although the final three O2 performances then were good);"

I agree with you there IGTBA.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 23, 2017 20:04

Sights seen today: Marlon Richards, Patti Hansen, dog, Ronnie and his family.

Posted by: john lomax ()

barbabang
"The Keith I'm seeing now is better than the last part of the ABB tour (although the final three O2 performances then were good);"

I agree with you there IGTBA.

Yes I agree too. The 2007 leg of ABB wasn't great until they got to London.

RiffKichards
Nate

Thanks

Nate

It is possible to take the VIP1 stuff after the show. You have to show your pit ticket and the other one for the stuff to a stand with a red flag on the left of the exit (inside the room). I have done it yesterday.

That's great thanks for the information

Nate thumbs up

Date: October 23, 2017 20:09

Cristiano Radtke
This short video can give us a glimpse of how much fun Mick was having backstage: [www.instagram.com]

That's fantastic
It's just so brilliant to see someone of his age with still so much passion and enthusiasm for what he does it's just awesome

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 23, 2017 20:18

SFTD shouldn't be retired, it should be re-worked and more dark guitar riffs added and take out the karaoke elements. I'll give Chuck credit for playing better piano on the opening though, it was a real bug bear of mine on the last tour when he played that dreadful intro.

SFTD is one of the greatest Stones songs but has lost it's way a little. It wouldn't take much for Ronnie to play the opening like the GYYAs and Love you live versions and then get a real samba beat going....I reckon Keith could still play a half decent solo on it if he wanted to rather than those awful licks he's squeezed to death on the last few tours.

Seems like it was a good gig and the clips attest to that....certainly the band seemed relaxed and enjoying themselves, Thursday beckons.....then a winter off and back to the good old Uk!

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: October 23, 2017 20:19

GREAT GIG!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 23, 2017 20:39

Nate
Cristiano Radtke

That's fantastic
It's just so brilliant to see someone of his age with still so much passion and enthusiasm for what he does it's just awesome

Nate thumbs up

Lovely to see Mick enjoying himself. After all the hard work he puts in he deserves it.

Date: October 23, 2017 20:40

Topi

Hey Topi, same dog as in Hamburg?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 23, 2017 20:44

schwonek
Topi

Hey Topi, same dog as in Hamburg?

Yup! The pouring rain is going to kill all hopes for any autographs...even from the dog.

Date: October 23, 2017 20:45

stone4ever
... but i was under the impression most people from iorr are tired of it after it being played live for all these years.

stone4ever, you may be right. But the total of all iorr-people present at any Stones concert make up less than 1% of the audience. And although this forum should not be about politics - I dislike when it is just about the 1%-people when clearly 99% want sth different.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 15 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2035
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home