Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: The most stupid concert staff ever was in Paris at the entrance of the Pit
Posted by: swaff ()
Date: October 21, 2017 21:23

bv
Posted by Posted by The Worst. on the Paris live thread:

Date: October 20, 2017 00:23

Great show, great crowd, great arena, bad organization. Street Fighting Man was again the highlight for me. I had a great time in the pit, standing next to Mr. Jimmy and Harry Potter - but getting inside the pit gave me 1,5 hours of at least nineteen nervous breakdowns.

Those with pit tickets on Sunday and Wednesday should be prepared to have their patience tested. On my ticket it said I had to enter thru gate 14, but I noticed a big banner saying “pit” outside gate 33/34. I asked if I could enter with my ticket, but the guard said I had to go gate 14. So I walked the long detour and lined up outside g

After a long time with nothing happening, I asked a guard what was going on. He said gate 14 was closed and that I had to go back to gate 33. So I did. At gate 33 they told me again to go back to 14. I told them gate 14 was closed, so they let me in after some argument - but I got no wristband. When I pointed this out, they gave me wristband for Fosse Or. I tried to explain that I needed a wristband for the pit, pointing at the map of the venue printed on my ticket, but they didn't understand.

So I went inside and walked up to the pit on Keith’s side and showed them my ticket. They said I had to go back to the entrance to get a wristband. So I went back and talked with 10-12 different security people and no one had heard of the "No Filter Pit" and could only offer me FOSSE OR wristband.

One person said I had to go "upstairs" to the office were wristbands were kept. I tried to get up the only stair I could find, but was soon denied access. Once again, I asked were to get wristband for the Pit. They looked and my ticket and said I had to go out of the venue and back to gate 14.

At this point I’ve had enough, and walked fast up to the pit on Ronnie’s side and explaining my case a bit angry while I showed my ticket. The guard, to my surprise, said “no problem” and let me in. Then I got my wristband and was felt so relieved when I finally stepped inside the pit. But it shouldn’t be like this. I hope all those with pit tickets got inside.

WOW!!!

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: October 21, 2017 21:48

bv
I kept this thread sticky and separate, because it is a shame they treat fans who paid a fortune - to be close to their band - worse than they treat kettle according to the EU laws of animal transportation...

The main problem is there is only one show in a city usually, this is new to everybody. But in Paris there are TWO MORE shows. The arena management should be ashamed, come up with an apology to the fans, and tell us it will all be sorted out before the next show is due.

Another problem, of course, is the fact that the ticket says "No filter pit". The word "NO" may lead to trouble. Just supply info to all the personel, it should not be that hard.

By Sunday all the new paint should be dry, the arena is no more "new", and I expect the management of the arena having taken care of the entrance and wristband issues.

If someone in the U Arena management do want to give feedback in this matter then feel free to send info to the IORR Editor at the e-mail address:

iorr@arena.no

Thank you, and hopefully things work better on Sunday!

Fortune, for some people, paying the cheapest ticket at 67€ is a fortune and can't go to the show.
When Keith makes mistakes, some people say, this is rock'n'roll, then a small trouble to enter the arena is a kind of rock'n'roll situation you could tell to your grandchildren by the fireplace when you'ill be an old man.
This is the problem when you want to get too close to the stars, you grill.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 21, 2017 23:04

Do you have to push through fosse and fosse or to get to the pit or is there a separate walkway?

I don't intend queuing all afternoon so I reckon by the time I get there fosse or and fosse will be very packed, will have no luck pushing through.

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: October 21, 2017 23:09

Rollin92
Do you have to push through fosse and fosse or to get to the pit or is there a separate walkway?

I don't intend queuing all afternoon so I reckon by the time I get there fosse or and fosse will be very packed, will have no luck pushing through.

More than enough room till at least 7/7:30. Will take two mins to walk down sides to the Pit.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: October 21, 2017 23:09

Try asking where you pick up Lucky Dip tickets and all you get are a lot of clueless looks.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 21, 2017 23:13

Rollin92

No need to queue up, see the details on my PIT experience from Paris I on the bottom of the previous page.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 21, 2017 23:16

gotdablouse
Rollin92

No need to queue up, see the details on my PIT experience from Paris I on the bottom of the previous page.

That's good to hear but did you have to push through fosse or fosse or? I am envisaging being hemmed in in fosse or fosse or.

Date: October 21, 2017 23:16

That's covered too in my "report", read it ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: No Filter Pit access U Arena, they say "33"
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 21, 2017 23:38

RoughJusticeOnYa

P.S.: I just don't get the stress so many people seem to have, apparently, about a thing like that. Goodness me - the right entrance...? Really? Síx days beforehand? They're not touring Nambia, you know. This is Europe; most people - including the ones that work at these venues - do have a clue, speak enough English, and thus will be able to help you out within seconds of your question. Just ask when you're there, for Pit's sake!

Even I'm stressing out and I'm not even going to the shows. ( sad smiley ) Seriously, as a music fan, situations like this are among my worst nightmares. I'd be agonizing from now until the moment I was standing in my chosen spot in the pit. Good luck to everyone at the next shows.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 22, 2017 00:11

gotdablouse
Sad to hear all these horror stories, here's what I posted in the "live" thread the other day to hopefully alleviate some fears for the next shows :

"Pit experience : weird I will say that !

- The good news is that you can arrive at 7.45PM and still get a great spot 5 rows from the rail/catwalk. Like I wrote previously I wouldn't recommend being closer to that due to the height of the catwalk and various obstructions (fans, cameramen shadowing Keith like a friggin' bodyguard, etc...).

- I'd read about the horror stories here so I headed directly to the "Pit" balloon on the left side of gate 33 at 7.45PM. It was off to a good start as there was no one till I got to the scanner. But then I was like, so where's my wristband ? No one knew about a wristband. Then I spotted some kind of random queue in the middle of the hall (there were other queues for food it seems) where they were giving out wristbands. Great, except they were "Fosse Or", the guy gave me one when I showed my ticket and sent me on my way, hum...So I walked to the right side, bumped into the "Fosse Or" checkpoint, showed my wristband and then proceeded to the Pit checkpoint. I showed my Ticketmaster e-ticket, the guy grumbled something about not seeing "No Filter Pit", just "Filter Pit" and gave me a Pit wristband. And that was it, in the pit at 7.52, super smooth, thanks to those who had to fight their way in before that, thanks guys !"

It seems to me that the easy fix is to hand out wristbands directly at the entrance since there is already a separate "PIT" lane at Gate 33, on the left side. One dedicated scanner, a wristband and problem solved !

thanks a lot for the report. useful

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 22, 2017 15:36

just looking at my tickets again -- mine say "Filter Pit" and were still rejected despite lack of "no" in the title

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: October 22, 2017 17:23

little queenie
just looking at my tickets again -- mine say "Filter Pit" and were still rejected despite lack of "no" in the title

Same thing happened to me. At least I could persuade them by showing the official arena map on iorr. There the section was just called Pit, even missing the filter, but the price fit with the one on my ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-22 18:03 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: October 23, 2017 07:28

Report from the war zone on sunday.
There are good news and bad news :-)

1- Wristband issue for PIT is solved as they deliver it just after scanning tickets.And they knew they had problems because the lady told me "sorry for the mess of thursday"

2- The mess is now outside for those owner of PIT access. There was no way to approach the PIT entrance at gate 33, totally blocked by thousands of people.

Great show, really great and fun with a crowd much warmer than the previous one.

Date: October 23, 2017 09:55

wow. sorry for anyone having issues. security at concerts now seem to have no clue how to act.

I have a story. a few years ago I was in the 2nd row of a KISS concert. one of my buddies was near the back of the arena. one of the cheapest ticket sections. I agreed to meet him at his seat after the opening band so we could get a beer. I did this knowing he wouldn't be able to get anywhere near my seat. after the opening band I went back to his section and security refused to let me up in the cheap seats. I showed them my ticket, which was over$100 more than the tickets for the section I as trying to get to. they simply wouldn't budge, didn't care, said its their policy so they make sure people aren't jumping seats and told me that my friend would needed to meet me in a place everyone has access to. of course my phone at this point was dead so I couldn't call or text him. why would I be "seat jumping" to worse seats that were much cheaper than the ticket I paid for? I even told the guard he could walk me up to my friends seat and walk me right back down to see that I didn't stay. he said he wasn't allowed to leave his post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-23 09:57 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: October 23, 2017 11:08

From my own experience yesterday, it seems that most of the problems were solved. The staff was helpfull, some guys even apologized for the mess of the previous concert. The entrance was very slow due to strong security check but who could complain about that? Btw, the ratp (the subway company) did an amazing job to get everybody back to Paris center, without charging us. The only guy to blame was the one in charge of the weather, but well...it’s october...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 23, 2017 11:10

I know there is only 1 show left :-(
But having a ‘pass through’ front of Pit from Ronnie’s side to Keith’s side:
Bad idea!
The Pit is packed to the max you are touching your neighbors packed and don’t you dare think of leaving and trying to get your spot back during the RS
However, with the belief that attendees can simply go back and forth,
some people shoved their way through to assume the security would open it right up ‘We want Ronnie’s side’ ‘Ronnie’s side now!’ Yelling and security said NO
they weren’t doing it last night (Paris 2) during the show, probably because we were so packed and our spots up close were hard won.
Other fans told these particular folks walk around the long way.
I recommend pick your side/ spot and stay put.

Date: October 23, 2017 13:08

Agree about the pit. Things were more complicated yesterday and i know we don’t have the same expectations about which spot to choose (btw, opening only one side of the pit at the beginning was not a venue policy). First show i was front row and could choose my side. Second show i was Keith side at the back of the pit along the catwalk. It was packed but pretty comfortable and i had a perfect vue of the whole stage and probably a better sound. Considering the pit is not bigger than twice my appartment, i don’t consider being at the back a problem.

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: October 23, 2017 13:46

Terrible organisation !
They ran out of No Filter Pit wristband at the main entrance around 19.30 !
How can this happen ?

Anyway GREAT show yesterday...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 23, 2017 17:53

The U ARENA is a brand new venue. It cost Euro 360 million to build, with a capacity of 40,000 people for concerts. It opened last with, with the first Rolling Stones show. Exit out of the venue AFTER the show was blistering fast in 5-10 minutes. Still, there is one thing I don't understand:

Why is there a single path entrance and exit? Everybody need to enter and exit through a narrow bridge pass next to the big Arch near the Defense metro station. Why?

Also, there are gates all around the arena, marked with numbers, like any other venue. Why do they have to force all 40,000 people into queuing through basically one queue, one door (i.e. doors 33 right next to each others)?

The venue is 360 degrees dome. The world is 360 degrees. Why do they board the U Arena like an airplane? Or like the checkin at a hotel, a single point entry? Is it all about security and the fear of terror?

It does not make any sense to have 40,000 people jam packed at gate 33. I have been to hundreds of shows but I have never ever seen anything like this. Not before the show, and certainly not after the show.

Did they only finish one door out of many? Or is only one road finished in & out of the venue? Is it private or unfinished land all oround the venue, except for the 20% in use around gate 33?

Bjornulf

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: October 23, 2017 18:13

Grichka

1- Wristband issue for PIT is solved as they deliver it just after scanning tickets.And they knew they had problems because the lady told me "sorry for the mess of thursday"

2- The mess is now outside for those owner of PIT access. There was no way to approach the PIT entrance at gate 33, totally blocked by thousands of people.

Great show, really great and fun with a crowd much warmer than the previous one.

For those with pit tickets for Wednesday, you should be able to avoid the huge queues in front of Gate 33 by going well left (facing the arena). Go to the VERY left side of the Gate 33 queues and find a way forward to close to the barriers and find a security person where the barriers start and show him your pit tickets. Then they will let you into the left lines for 33 (which are actually well left of the 33 gate. That should get you in quickly, to get a pit wristband and then when you are ready to go into the pit, go along the far right or left side of the arena floor to where they first let you into the closer standing area, then continue all the way towards the front along either side to enter either pit area. This worked well for us on Sunday, but we had to get around all the people in the lines for 33 and push forward along the left edge to get to a security person who opened a barrier leading into the left 33 arena entry. If you are stuck in a huge line waiting to get into the arena, then keep finding your way left and forward - but this only works for those with pits tickets.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: October 23, 2017 18:14

I agree BV, getting everyone onto the floor through Gate 33 was nuts as was that narrow pass by the arch. I had fosee or last night - went to Ronnie's side about halfway back from the rail and there was plenty room. I have Pit for Weds - just to clarify, last night they opened Keith's first, correct? If so, when did Ronnie's side open? They did this same process in Barca and Amsterdam. Thanks in advance

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: October 23, 2017 18:41

IGTBA
Grichka

For those with pit tickets for Wednesday, you should be able to avoid the huge queues in front of Gate 33 by going well left (facing the arena). Go to the VERY left side of the Gate 33 queues and find a way forward to close to the barriers and find a security person where the barriers start and show him your pit tickets. Then they will let you into the left lines for 33 (which are actually well left of the 33 gate. That should get you in quickly, to get a pit wristband and then when you are ready to go into the pit, go along the far right or left side of the arena floor to where they first let you into the closer standing area, then continue all the way towards the front along either side to enter either pit area. This worked well for us on Sunday, but we had to get around all the people in the lines for 33 and push forward along the left edge to get to a security person who opened a barrier leading into the left 33 arena entry. If you are stuck in a huge line waiting to get into the arena, then keep finding your way left and forward - but this only works for those with pits tickets.
Exactly, do not line up at gate 33 but go left to the merchandisestand and walk 10 meters to the barriers, then ask friendly a securityguy where the entrance to the pit is and he will open the barriers for you (at least he did for me).

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: October 23, 2017 19:32

skyhawk
IGTBA
Grichka

Exactly, do not line up at gate 33 but go left to the merchandisestand and walk 10 meters to the barriers, then ask friendly a securityguy where the entrance to the pit is and he will open the barriers for you (at least he did for me).

Great info, thanks very much to both of you. And did they open Keith's side first, and then Ronnie's later? Any sense of when Ronnie's side opened?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-23 19:53 by hooked.

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: October 23, 2017 19:35

Terrible organisation !
They ran out of No Filter Pit wristband at the main entrance around 19.30 !
How can this happen ?

Anyway GREAT show yesterday...

After running out of the Pit wristband, how/where did people get wristbands? Did they just wait for more to be delivered?

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: October 23, 2017 22:05

ladywilliam
After running out of the Pit wristband, how/where did people get wristbands? Did they just wait for more to be delivered?

Someone from the U Arena staff brought a bag full of wristbands but I heard that before that some people had to wait for almost 20 minutes before they received their Pit wristband !

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: October 23, 2017 22:15

Someone from the U Arena staff brought a bag full of wristbands but I heard that before that some people had to wait for almost 20 minutes before they received their Pit wristband !

eye popping smiley

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: October 24, 2017 12:29

To avoid the gigantic traffic jam in front of gate 33, what i did Sunday was to use the vip RED entrance on the right (around gate 35) arguing with security that PIT was impossible to reach otherwise.
Worth a try if you are stuck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-24 12:35 by Grichka.

Date: October 24, 2017 15:44

IGTBA
Grichka

They didn't have the PIT "flag" on the left (or right once you're in as seen below) they had on Thursday ?

Anyway good advice on going left and forward, we did that for our LD's too when we got there at 7PM and that must have saved us a good 1+ hour to get in.

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-24 15:46 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 24, 2017 16:34

Grichka
To avoid the gigantic traffic jam in front of gate 33, what i did Sunday was to use the vip RED entrance on the right (around gate 35) arguing with security that PIT was impossible to reach otherwise.
Worth a try if you are stuck.

I did the same, but I had to talk my way with 5-6 security people in order to get to the far left side of gate 33. We should not need to have insight information and act like sales people for our own ticket in order to get into the venue with the right type of wristband.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 24, 2017 16:50

Tip for U ARENA:

You have NO garbage cans out. NONE.
Please put a large round bagged garbage can in the corners,
so we do not have to throw old food, cups and other potentially hazards
items all over your floor.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1866
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home