Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: The most stupid concert staff ever was in Paris at the entrance of the Pit
Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: October 20, 2017 23:35

SomeTorontoGirl
(Scratching head) So many bad guys in Amsterdam, am getting them mixed up. grinning smiley

Too bad...as this is a bit difficult for those who actually purchased Pit tickets at high prices and would like to be treated fairly..Yes?

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: October 20, 2017 23:52

"I kept this thread sticky and separate, because it is a shame they treat fans who paid a fortune - to be close to their band - worse than they treat kettle according to the EU laws of animal transportation... "

You said it right BV.

And here is the answer of the management by pm from a staff on the U Arena Facebook page.

" Bonjour,
La sécurité est maintenant bien briefé. Ce fut un petit problème d'information mais tout est rapidement rentré dans l'ordre. Les spectateurs ont bien profité du show.
Merci
"

In short: "we had a LITTLE information issue but everything was corrected pretty fast and everybody had a good show.Security staff is now briefed well".

Not sure they will correct for Sunday and Wednesday if they do not understand the size of Thursday's screw up.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-21 05:49 by Grichka.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 20, 2017 23:55

leahoneill
SomeTorontoGirl
(Scratching head) So many bad guys in Amsterdam, am getting them mixed up. grinning smiley

Too bad...as this is a bit difficult for those who actually purchased Pit tickets at high prices and would like to be treated fairly..Yes?

Would you complain about people getting into the pit with lucky dips?
I have a pit ticket for the last Paris show which I paid a lot of money for because at the time it didn't look like it was going to be possible to get this ticket for the regular price of €221 because of the mess that happened with the ticket sales for the Paris shows.In recent weeks they have become available at €221 and then yesterday some people managed to buy them at €56 at that price I could of had 14 pit tickets for the price I paid for one but I don't mind I paid the money for my ticket it's fine and I'm very happy that these tickets became available at a cheaper price as more genuine fans were able to get them.
When your at the show and the band hits the stage then the last thing on your mind is the price of your ticket or the price the person standing next to you paid.

Have a great show and enjoy Paris

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: October 21, 2017 00:32

so they screw you when you are buying a ticket and then, when you manage to buy some for hundreds/thousands of euro, you almost cant get in and are being treated badly. this just keeps getting better.

i know that many people here are trying to always find the "bright side" of things or apologize for basicly anything bad that happens around the band, but that is also the reason why things wont change.

its important to say that the way they sold tickets was simply wrong. and its important to say that it just cant be possible to hire staff that does not know the sectors.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 21, 2017 02:41

DandelionPowderman
The best pit story I've heard comes from Amsterdam, though. Someone I know simply used his Barcelona wristband, and walked right into the pit - with a GA-ticket grinning smiley

Magic! What a star grinning smiley. I got a wristband for Pista A in Barca, but I haven't brought it here sad smiley

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: October 21, 2017 04:15

Agreed yawning smiley

Date: October 21, 2017 06:36

The guy in charge at U Arena is Damien Rajot (in charge of customer satisfaction....!!!). Trying to find his email to push for improvement for next 2 concerts.

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: October 21, 2017 10:29

I feel sorry for everybody who had to fight for their place in the Pit. A shame. Me and my friend were in the seats, and had no problems. Another fantastic show by the greatest band in the world.
Questions to those who were in the Pit:
1. Was it possible to move back and forth from Ronnie side to Keiths side?
2. Can you buy drinks and go to the toilet from the Pit?

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-21 11:29 by Infamy.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: October 21, 2017 12:13

Thank you BV for creating a thread just about the terrible organization.

On Thursday, my mum and I arrived at 11 am, we had PIT tickets and the organization was absolutely awful. I have never seen an organization like that before. The worst!

We queued at the gate 14 as it was written in our ticket, and at 2 pm they told us to queue at the gate 33. Then in gate 33 they told us that we had to wait at the gate 14... We stayed and at the moment they opened the gates, people were pushing so hard. I'm big and tall, I didn't have any problem but my mum was very hurted by people pushing her so bad. We were ALL mixed with people that didn't have PIT tickets!! When we got in, we ran on the way to the PIT and they never wanted to let us in. We got so angry, and a big guy hit me in the stomach and told me : "you Mother***er will never get inside". I asked to talk with someone else, tried to stay calm and showed to him what was written on my ticket. We finally got in. We actually were lucky that our ticket mentioned "PIT" because many people couldn't get it because their tickets mentioned "VIP1".

I still wonder what will happen tomorrow... Where do we have to wait??? We just need to know that and they can't answer to me.

What makes me even more angry is that I have a degree in communication and organization of events and can't find a job here in France. They open a new beautiful Arena, they charge people so much money for a concert and they can't even organize it! I'm extremely angry angry smiley

Benjamin.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: October 21, 2017 12:32

I blame the Stones organization as well as the venue. You have to make things completely idiot proof nowadays because venue staff are becoming more stupid with each passing year. This means you don't print No Filter Pit on tickets & wristbands, you put PIT ACCESS. You don't guess which entrance points fans need to use when they arrive, you get that sorted out days in advance and ensure it is clearly posted for everyone. IDIOTS!

Date: October 21, 2017 13:23

This situation is a complete shame and from my experience I'm sure that some people gave up and ended up not getting pit access while they paid for it. So unbelievably unfair while normally the people in the pit are hard core fans.

No fans - No Stones.

I sincerely hope this thread is read by some people who will be able to make things smoother, much smoother for tomorrow and Wednesday.

Because yes, hard core fans usually buy more than one tix.....

Posted by: TE ()
Date: October 21, 2017 14:14

Sounds like it was a dream getting into the pit in all shows in Germany and Barcelona. Just the camera struggle.

Hope it works out for you the last 2 shows.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 21, 2017 14:23

I got in but my two friends behind me had to fight with security over it before eventually being let in. One friend never got in and another, although she finally got a pit wristband, went to the toilette but could not get back in!

I wrote to Ticketmaster customer service. It seemed to me that security was more familiar with the U arena tickets and not the Ticketmaster generated tickets.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: October 21, 2017 14:29

What a mess.
They even get paid for ruining peoples concert experiences

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-21 14:31 by rebelhipi.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: October 21, 2017 14:30

rebelhipi
What a mess.
They even get paid for ruining peoples concert experiences

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: October 21, 2017 14:37

little queenie
I got in but my two friends behind me had to fight with security over it before eventually being let in. One friend never got in and another, although she finally got a pit wristband, went to the toilette but could not get back in!

I wrote to Ticketmaster customer service. It seemed to me that security was more familiar with the U arena tickets and not the Ticketmaster generated tickets.

Wow, how is it possible they would not let in someone with a wristband? What did they tell her?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 21, 2017 14:49

little queenie

I bought my ticket directly from U Arena, and no one had a clue.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 21, 2017 14:55

Little Queenie: not being allowed back in with a legit wristband after a visit to the toilet is the most ridiculous thing I've heard so far. Why do they think we have wristbands in the first place? Isn’t it exactly for that purpose?! I had lost my temper if that happened to me.

This should make headlines in the news. I think that's the only way U Arena and the organizers will take action and be better prepared for the next shows.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: October 21, 2017 15:01

So it seems they were both confused with the correct label "No Filter Pit", interpreting the "NO" litteraly, and also with the incorrect label on Ticketmaster tickets which called that category "Filter Pit"... What a shame. I emailed both the UArena and Ticketmaster, I do hope they take this into account.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 21, 2017 15:08

The story of Little Queenie's friend is the worst and most outrageous yet. I sincerely hope that she will not only be firmly insisting on a refund but also on compensation for the loss of enjoyment caused by U-Arena's failure to fulfil its contractual obligations. They deserve to have the French law book thrown at them and hard.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: October 21, 2017 15:20

Grichka
Gosh, it took us a good hour to get the wristband for entering the No Filter Pit.....
Why?

Because the staff delivering the wristband against the ticket had understood that if the ticket bears the mention "NO FILTER PIT" it meant NO access to the PIT!!!!!!
They wanted to see "FILTER PIT"!!!
And our tickets were worst because they were just mentioning VIP1 package so these guys told us loud and clear that we would never enter the pit area as we didn't have FILTER PIT written there.
I'm french speaker so this was not a language issue. Those guys were saying that NO FILTER meant NO ACCESS to the pit....

Sometimes it is hard to be a Stones fan....

That took place on Keith's side access to the pit, after half an hour of useless discussions, we went to Ron's side Pit access and there we were let in in no time but after queuing so long because everybody did the same.....

Security teams in France are like the Romans in Asterix stories. "The Centurion: Ok guys, for the 50th time, is everybody understand the rules or the tactic ? There is always 1 legionary saying: Euh, what is tactic !!! smoking smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 21, 2017 15:35

After 2 Carre Or evenings, I’ll be making my entrance wednesday with a Ticketmaster No Filter Pit ticket.
So still a couple of days to prepare my tactics and fighting skills to get to the place I paid for.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: October 21, 2017 15:48

Tomorrow back for my second show in Paris, this time No Filter Pit, travelling on my own. Hope they will work out all the issues before tomorrow evening. Already having my 52nd nervous breakdown after reading all the stories. Hope someone will help me if I will have troubles getting into the pit..... My French is just as good as my Latin backwards and I'm not very good in fighting.....

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 21, 2017 17:06

Cubans solve entrance problems much more "relaxed". Midbody hight fences and five friendly armee-policemen behind them. When the backfield "gates" were opened, the "Keith-side" fans didn't wait, but simply pushed the fences down. After some 100 to 150 meters inside another fence (sort of front of stage entrance) was awaiting there with maybe 10 less friendly police/security men behind it. One yell was enough to also push down those fences and apart from some "shadow moves" by those security people (what to expect when you face many hundreds running toward you) it was a freeway toward the front of stage.
It was like in the "good old days" ... unforgettable smileys with beer
But, truly, I feel sorry for all those who had to start such an enjoyable event in such an annoying way. Good luck to everyone for tomorrow and Wednesday!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 21, 2017 18:30

ErwinH
SomeTorontoGirl
DandelionPowderman
The best pit story I've heard comes from Amsterdam, though. Someone I know simply used his Barcelona wristband, and walked right into the pit - with a GA-ticket grinning smiley

Likely the same guy who herded a bunch of lost fans on and off the train without tickets? (Thanks for that!) winking smiley

haha... you all seemed in sort of panic :-)
We survived, didn't we?

I learned so well that I used my ticket 2 more times on the way home.

Such a good teacher!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 21, 2017 19:51

Anyone with VIP 1 package tickets to the pit, if you bought them at ticketmaster france I would recommend going to the site and printing out in french what it says the package consists of. `it is marked very clearly that you have access to the pit. it also specifies it is the Start Me up package. Then you can take this with you with your ticket on the night of the show and show it to any idiot you have trouble with - just an idea!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE - sparkly top will see you in the pit smiling smiley

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 21, 2017 20:27

I am terrified that I somehow won't be able to get into the pit because of security mess ups. I have no confidence in them at all!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 21, 2017 20:54

georgie48
Cubans solve entrance problems much more "relaxed". Midbody hight fences and five friendly armee-policemen behind them. When the backfield "gates" were opened, the "Keith-side" fans didn't wait, but simply pushed the fences down. After some 100 to 150 meters inside another fence (sort of front of stage entrance) was awaiting there with maybe 10 less friendly police/security men behind it. One yell was enough to also push down those fences and apart from some "shadow moves" by those security people (what to expect when you face many hundreds running toward you) it was a freeway toward the front of stage.
It was like in the "good old days" ... unforgettable smileys with beer
But, truly, I feel sorry for all those who had to start such an enjoyable event in such an annoying way. Good luck to everyone for tomorrow and Wednesday!

Yes but...don't forget it was a free concert...I imagine everyone was on a good vibe

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 21, 2017 21:20

Sad to hear all these horror stories, here's what I posted in the "live" thread the other day to hopefully alleviate some fears for the next shows :

"Pit experience : weird I will say that !

- The good news is that you can arrive at 7.45PM and still get a great spot 5 rows from the rail/catwalk. Like I wrote previously I wouldn't recommend being closer to that due to the height of the catwalk and various obstructions (fans, cameramen shadowing Keith like a friggin' bodyguard, etc...).

- I'd read about the horror stories here so I headed directly to the "Pit" balloon on the left side of gate 33 at 7.45PM. It was off to a good start as there was no one till I got to the scanner. But then I was like, so where's my wristband ? No one knew about a wristband. Then I spotted some kind of random queue in the middle of the hall (there were other queues for food it seems) where they were giving out wristbands. Great, except they were "Fosse Or", the guy gave me one when I showed my ticket and sent me on my way, hum...So I walked to the right side, bumped into the "Fosse Or" checkpoint, showed my wristband and then proceeded to the Pit checkpoint. I showed my Ticketmaster e-ticket, the guy grumbled something about not seeing "No Filter Pit", just "Filter Pit" and gave me a Pit wristband. And that was it, in the pit at 7.52, super smooth, thanks to those who had to fight their way in before that, thanks guys !"

It seems to me that the easy fix is to hand out wristbands directly at the entrance since there is already a separate "PIT" lane at Gate 33, on the left side. One dedicated scanner, a wristband and problem solved !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 21, 2017 21:20

Grichka
Gosh, it took us a good hour to get the wristband for entering the No Filter Pit.....
Why?

Because the staff delivering the wristband against the ticket had understood that if the ticket bears the mention "NO FILTER PIT" it meant NO access to the PIT!!!!!!
They wanted to see "FILTER PIT"!!!

WOOOW!!!! eye popping smiley I wonder what would happen if this staff was emploed for NO SECURITY tour >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1601
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home