Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The tour is over soon...
Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: October 20, 2017 04:27

It's a bit of a shame that this tour is almost over, I feel as if they are really starting to hit their stride. Although I wasn't critical of Keith at the beginning it's pretty astounding how he has turned it round. The pace of the warhorses has gone up as well, more of an alive sound although I must confess I think the slower versions sound pretty sleazy and cool also. All in all this has been another good tour and I think the last 2 shows in Paris are gonna be fantastic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 14:59 by bv.

Re: Shame
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 20, 2017 04:45

It's always so exciting leading up to a tour, and then extra fun attending (or fun following here online), but then when it's over it's always bittersweet.
I'd say it's been an overall successful tour with a few bumps in the road along the way just as with all tours (some big and some small), but given their age very understandable. And because of their age, they've limited the number of shows to just 14 which is also understandable. Not really convinced the slowed down tempos truly work - on some songs maybe, on other songs not, but that's the way the old stones roll these days.
It is a shame they cant play more, but have to be grateful they're out there at all. And there's still two more shows to go!

Keep on rolling...next stop the *UK. thumbs up

*Having to wait until next summer seems like an eternity.
Hopefully they'll keep busy and finish the new album.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: October 20, 2017 04:53

Yeah, while The Stones are out there, I am happy, no time for people whining at this stage of the game just let's be grateful we got them still, who knows where or when it will end but I wanna know, it's a great reason to keep going myself,I can't check out not knowing what the final chapter was. How many Stones fans never found out god bless them. Be thankful and keep enjoying the ride!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 04:55 by geordiestone.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 20, 2017 09:24

Yep a bit of a shame it's almost over. Especially that when you see them live like last night they make it look easy. Who knows what they're like after the show though? Slumped in couches recovering?

Not doing extensive touring probably makes it easier for them to commit to it but on the other hand at their ages it could "stop" in a matter of days as I found out recently with a family member. Such is life...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 20, 2017 09:31

Walking to work this morning and thinking the same.

It's like an empty feeling when it's over.

Date: October 20, 2017 10:20

geordiestone
It's a bit of a shame that this tour is almost over, I feel as if they are really starting to hit their stride. Although I wasn't critical of Keith at the beginning it's pretty astounding how he has turned it round. The pace of the warhorses has gone up as well, more of an alive sound although I must confess I think the slower versions sound pretty sleazy and cool also. All in all this has been another good tour and I think the last 2 shows in Paris are gonna be fantastic.

Trust me, he was good in the beginning of the tour as well. The fact that he did a couple of mistakes didn't alter that. And he still does those mistakes, so when did he really turn around? smiling smiley

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:43

DandelionPowderman
geordiestone

Trust me, he was good in the beginning of the tour as well. The fact that he did a couple of mistakes didn't alter that. And he still does those mistakes, so when did he really turn around? smiling smiley

Yes indeed! When I attended the Düsseldorf show, my 1st on this tour, it was damn clear, that those mistakes can´t take the feel-good away.
Though I´m pretty sure that Keith is a kinda circus horse and gets going after 5-6 gigs... He knows what he is doing up there, I never never had the feeling , we lost him, like I had in the 2007 mustache days...

Date: October 20, 2017 12:00

Ah, the mustache-days! grinning smiley

Luckily, he had a good night when I saw them in Oslo 2007.

Date: October 20, 2017 12:07

I even like Miss You since this tour!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 20, 2017 12:18

Well, at this time I only watch the shows vicariously on YouTube with a soundtrack. I’m also enjoying the ‘twighlight years’, moaners be moaners, find another band you moaners ... this ain’t the forum for you

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: October 20, 2017 12:31

DandelionPowderman

Then you were lucky!

I saw Werchter, Nijmegen and Düsseldorf, and I felt very bad about Keith (later on he and Ronnie admitted there´s been a lot of booze in a closet, which made these shows the lowest I ever saw).

Never had a glimpse of hope in 2007, that Keith would blow the s*** out of me in 2014, 7 years later and now 10 years later!!!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 20, 2017 12:36

And Paris 2007 sad smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 20, 2017 14:42

The last o2 shows in 2007 were a decent return to form though.

Date: October 20, 2017 14:46

RawIguanaCologne
DandelionPowderman

Then you were lucky!

I saw Werchter, Nijmegen and Düsseldorf, and I felt very bad about Keith (later on he and Ronnie admitted there´s been a lot of booze in a closet, which made these shows the lowest I ever saw).

Never had a glimpse of hope in 2007, that Keith would blow the s*** out of me in 2014, 7 years later and now 10 years later!!!

Ouch! smoking smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: October 20, 2017 14:46

I'm surprised that Paris I got the least interesting setlist of all shows so far. The O2 shows 07 were a step in the right direction compared to the shows prior.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 14:48 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: October 20, 2017 14:47

powerage78

The videos I've seen from Paris 2007 were on a way higher level than that of Werchter and Nijmegen.

Date: October 20, 2017 14:50

Monsoon Ragoon
I'm surprised that Paris I got the least interesting setlist of all shows so far. The O2 shows 07 were a step in the right direction compared to the shows prior.

Where you there?

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 20, 2017 14:57

DandelionPowderman
geordiestone

I wasn't criticising Keith at the beginning either but I still think his playing has improved. He looked really concentrated in the early shows and was very still. In later shows the moves are back, the smiles are more frequent and his whole demeanour is way more relaxed. The chemistry between him and Mick is way way better too. (Disclaimer: all this is concluded from youtube, not real life.)

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 20, 2017 15:01

DandelionPowderman
geordiestone

In Hamburg his solos both on SFTD and IORR began with horrifying out of key notes, but now the three last shows he has played his solo on SFTD without any out of key notes even though he occasionally misses a few notes (like always).

Also in Hamburg his solo on HTW was a complete mess, while in Dusseldorf and Stockholm it was great. So yea I think there's definitely been an improvement.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 15:02 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: October 20, 2017 15:10

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Where you there?

No. I meant Paris ONE. I don't/can't go to shows which cost me at least 500 Euro each. The nearest shows from my home were the German shows - all 460-580 km.
Btw the Paris show was surely not bad, but the setlist? LSTNT as rarity?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 15:34 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 20, 2017 15:24

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I even like Miss You since this tour!

Boring song.
Jeroen

Posted by: azizahans ()
Date: October 20, 2017 15:26

Lausanne 07 was a very good show. Better then Paris 07.

Date: October 20, 2017 15:37

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Where you there?

No. I meant Paris ONE. I don't/can't go to shows which cost me at least 500 Euro each. The nearest shows from my home were the German shows - all 460-580 km.

Ah, ok! smiling smiley

The two shows I saw didn't cost me more than round €120 each, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 15:37 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 20, 2017 15:38

Keith had a lot of stuff going on in those "moustache" days [...not just the after effects of his bump on the noggin ]

If he was a bit off the rails at that time , I'm not going to beat him up for that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 15:39 by Spud.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 20, 2017 15:38

Was there DP.
Quite depressing, but it was a whole : the rain, cold weather, a stadium not filled (50,000), immense black tarpaulins on the high bleachers and Keith, tired and completely out...
Bad memory after a good Hockenheim 2003.

tarpaulins
DandelionPowderman
powerage78

The videos I've seen from Paris 2007 were on a way higher level than that of Werchter and Nijmegen.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: October 20, 2017 15:49

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Where you there?

Ah, ok! smiling smiley

With less luck plus hotel and travelling. Still hope for another German show next year which makes only sense in Berlin or things like Prague (that's just 130 km).

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 20, 2017 15:50

Yeah.i feel a bit sad that the tour is nearly over.hamburg was good but lacked audience enthusiasm.lucca was great esp the atmosphere of Lucca city and the audience and a beautiful slipping away.amsterdam was very great mainly because of my pit ticket and arnhem was hot and great.
Really liked this tour and the Stones.
Looking forward to the 2018 UK tour.hope to get more pit tickets that time and praying the stones will be there in good health.
One Love.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 15:51 by corriecas.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 20, 2017 15:54

powerage78
Was there DP.
Quite depressing, but it was a whole : the rain, cold weather, a stadium not filled (50,000), immense black tarpaulins on the high bleachers and Keith, tired and completely out...
Bad memory after a good Hockenheim 2003.

The shows I saw in 2007 were great, although obviously a step down from the European-tour in 2003. I can certainly agree with the depressing vibe in 2007. The audience just seemed out of it and the big weird looking stage didn't help either. Maybe people started getting bored with Stones touring so often, with only 2 year separating Licks and Bigger Bang. In 2012 there was much more excitement since there had been 5 years since anyone seen them.
Still looking back now I think the playing was often excellent in 2007 and also the tempos were really fast unlike now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 15:55 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: October 20, 2017 15:57

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Where you there?

Ah, ok! smiling smiley

With less luck plus hotel and travelling. Still hope for another German show next year which makes only sense in Berlin or things like Prague (that's just 130 km).

Airbandb + cheap tickets + a ticket refund (+ expenses) from SAS (because of a missed connecting flight). So, economy-wise this tour wasn't so bad for me smiling smiley

Re: The tour is over soon...
Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: October 20, 2017 16:43

hopefully they will harness some of this energy they've built up in the last few weeks and use it in the studio - i hope that is the plan anyway...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home