Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 19
Re: Paris show-1 France 19-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: paulstones ()
Date: October 20, 2017 00:28

thanx to all, good night

Posted by: bjornkasm ()
Date: October 20, 2017 00:29

Thanks to everyone on Facebook and periscope. I heard most of the concert by jumping around on different links. Ser if I can make it to the third in Paris.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 20, 2017 00:30

Green Lady
waterrats
Aww - Clic et Biens disn't stream the final bow ... that's always very moving to me ...

But we still have 2 more left! :-)

Somebody will have it up on YouTube soon. I always like to watch that too.

Thank you kindly, GL, for lighten me up again! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: RipThisBone ()

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()

Hairball
Have to say I like Sasha/Sarah's vocals on Gimme Shelter better than Lisa who used to kind of turn it into a circus act.
Both amazing singers, but a bit of restraint seems to be a better fit.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()

Date: October 20, 2017 00:33

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 20, 2017 00:36

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Wow...possibly the best pic of the night!
Looking forward to seeing all the fan photos. thumbs up

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 20, 2017 00:37

Chuck chose the wrong octave on his keyboard for the intro. grinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 20, 2017 00:39

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 20, 2017 00:45

[Twitter.com] · Large picture

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 01:10 by Irix.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 20, 2017 00:49

slewan
stone4ever
MisterDDDD
Hairball
No Clapton, no Beck, no Buddy Guy, etc., etc., etc.,...and not even Timberlake, no Taylor Swift, no Ed Sheeran lol.
No Filter

No distractions, this is the Stones, this is the real deal, who needs anyone else on that stage when the Stones are on it. winking smiley

I wouldn't mind Mick Taylor being on stage (nor anybody who keep them on a steady bluesy course)

Well of course Taylor is a Stone as far as i'm concerned and i would love to see him for half a dozen songs at least. I meant non Stones performers, this is the Stones saying good bye, not too interested in other performers at this stage. I would also love to see Bill back. Turns out Bill was irreplaceable in his own unique way.
Sometime we can't see what we have until its gone.

Date: October 20, 2017 00:51

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 20, 2017 00:52

TheBlockbuster

[www.youtube.com]

OMG they haven't nailed LSTNT even ONCE since 1998. Back when it used to swing: [www.youtube.com]

Nowadays it moves with lead-filled shoes...

Seems like the rest of the show was great show though. Looking forward to Paris #2.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 20, 2017 00:53

Date: October 20, 2017 00:56

"Stage entrance"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 20, 2017 00:59

RaiseTheKnife
TheBlockbuster

[www.youtube.com]

OMG they haven't nailed LSTNT even ONCE since 1998. Back when it used to swing: [www.youtube.com]

Nowadays it moves with lead-filled shoes...

Seems like the rest of the show was great show though. Looking forward to Paris #2.

I thought they nailed it in Austin Texas 2006. From 3.00 to 3.30 Keith clearly levitates. winking smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 01:05 by stone4ever.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: October 20, 2017 01:10

TheBlockbuster

[www.youtube.com]

He wasn’t even wearing a scarf.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 20, 2017 01:16

On my way home! Wadda'show ;-) They all seemed a lot more relaxed than in 2012, 2013 and 2014, as if it was the (successful) end of a run....or maybe there's just a better vibe in the band.

Pit was great on Keith's side, a lot of room to roam until the end of the opening band but it never got packed like T1 at HP1. The catwalk is really high and I wouldn't recommend the rail for once. 5/6 rows back from the front and catwalk was perfect...except I couldn't see much of Chuck, Bernard or Sasha.

Sorry for the streaming, the Orange network suddenly fell apart at the end of the opening band. I'll bring another SIM on Sunday. It seems others had better luck.

Sounds was really good, not as loud as usual as I didn't need my ear plufs. Wonder how it was further back...

Going to catch up with the thread, rock on!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 20, 2017 01:23

Great show, great crowd, great arena, bad organization. Street Fighting Man was again the highlight for me. I had a great time in the pit, standing next to Mr. Jimmy and Harry Potter - but getting inside the pit gave me 1,5 hours of at least nineteen nervous breakdowns.

Those with pit tickets on Sunday and Wednesday should be prepared to have their patience tested. On my ticket it said I had to enter thru gate 14, but I noticed a big banner saying “pit” outside gate 33/34. I asked if I could enter with my ticket, but the guard said I had to go gate 14. So I walked the long detour and lined up outside gate 14. After a long time with nothing happening, I asked a guard what was going on. He said gate 14 was closed and that I had to go back to gate 33. So I did. At gate 33 they told me again to go back to 14. I told them gate 14 was closed, so they let me in after some argument - but I got no wristband. When I pointed this out, they gave me wristband for Fosse Or. I tried to explain that I needed a wristband for the pit, pointing at the map of the venue printed on my ticket, but they didn't understand. So I went inside and walked up to the pit on Keith’s side and showed them my ticket. They said I had to go back to the entrance to get a wristband. So I went back and talked with 10-12 different security people and no one had heard of the "No Filter Pit" and could only offer me FOSSE OR wristband. One person said I had to go "upstairs" to the office were wristbands were kept. I tried to get up the only stair I could find, but was soon denied access. Once again, I asked were to get wristband for the Pit. They looked and my ticket and said I had to go out of the venue and back to gate 14. At this point I’ve had enough, and walked fast up to the pit on Ronnie’s side and explaining my case a bit angry while I showed my ticket. The guard, to my surprise, said “no problem” and let me in. Then I got my wristband and was felt so relieved when I finally stepped inside the pit. But it shouldn’t be like this. I hope all those with pit tickets got inside.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 20, 2017 01:23

Niek
it seems mick was trowing again something (shirt, shawl?) in the crowd?

Yeah he threw a shirt and it caused quite a commotion with several people just behind me crashing to the ground as they scrambled for it. I was filming and will post if it's not too bloody ;-) He should stick to throwing water, I got a good sprinkling!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 20, 2017 01:24

Hairball,

My understanding is on the recent tour(s) when they had the special guests, they also dispensed with opening acts.
I wouldn't mind that again, although the quality of the guests varied so much, in their fit with the songs. Loved Mick Taylor any time.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 01:35 by angee.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 20, 2017 01:26

Niek
thanks everybody who provided links en information! appreciate that!

+1!!! Cheers everybody!smileys with beer

Date: October 20, 2017 01:34

Date: October 20, 2017 01:41

Photo credit: Le Parisien/Jean-Baptiste Quentin

[www.leparisien.fr]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 20, 2017 01:45

I have a hard time understanding the times listed on the posts. What time did the Stones go on stage/finish?

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: October 20, 2017 01:46

Just got back to the hotel from the show. Pit, Keith side.

Overall the boys are playing well. This was my least favourite gig (compared to Hamburg and Barcelona) for a few reasons: UMT and LSTNT meant to no real treat in terms of mixing up the setlist (I really hoped respectable or let it bleed would get a look in). Maybe I am right in saying this is the first gig of the tour with not a single song that hadn't been played at another gig this tour i.e. the first without a unique song?

Also maybe it was just the spot I was in but the crowd was a little lame. Lots of men in suits and women in full dresses - it was as if they were meant to be at the opera and took a wrong turn. They didn't seem to know even some of the big hits which kind of spoilt the atmosphere around me - but this wasn't the stones fault.

The stones were really solid. I think JJ Flash still needs a little work - the breaks seem a little unsure (especially to say its one they play all the time). Overall, unbelievable they are still playing this well - and hopefully PARIS 2 gets a few more treats.

Date: October 20, 2017 01:46

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: October 20, 2017 01:49

The Worst.
Great show, great crowd, great arena, bad organization. Street Fighting Man was again the highlight for me. I had a great time in the pit, standing next to Mr. Jimmy and Harry Potter - but getting inside the pit gave me 1,5 hours of at least nineteen nervous breakdowns.

Those with pit tickets on Sunday and Wednesday should be prepared to have their patience tested. On ....

Anybody else with the same experience. I have pittickets for sunday and wednesday. Today i had fosse or. When entering the arena i immidiately went to entrance of fosse or. There i was told to go back to the main entrance to collect my wristband. Is it that difficult to give the wristband at the main entrance when entering the Arena?

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 20, 2017 01:50

Just got back home, my thoughts in PowerPoint bullet fashion:
- Easy getting there from the last stop on metro line 1
- Waiting 1 hour squished like a sardine to get past 1st checkpoint sucked
- Pints are a ripoff 40 cl instead of 50 cl! They invested a lot in those stupid sturdy cups with Arena logo, would have preferred the usual plastic cup with more beer!
- This was only my 2nd Stones show ever (first in 2007) so I'm no expert, but I thought they all played great, Keith included, I didn't here any of the so-called "mistakes" that people here gripe about!
- I'm thinking that they gave 100% tonight given that local journalists will all be at the 1st Paris show and not the other 2 that follow
- My favourite songs were Under My Thumb/Honky Tonk Womens/Start Me Up
- Mick Jagger is one smart mothertrucker, I bought the same tongue shirt on the way out (the grey one, no tourdates on back unlike the black one), fuckit, I wanna be like Mick!!!
- Had the nosebleed floor ticket tonight, looking forward to floor "or" on Sunday :-)
- Some of the locks on the bathroom doors don't lock; Just-in-time production is great for car production but not so much for arenas!
- I no longer smoke weed, but enjoyed the smell of it very much, yummy!
- @#$%&' awesome time, excusez mon français!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2057
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home