Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 49
Re: OT: Neil Young stuff
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: June 26, 2022 11:13

Valeswood
Whale
The 1974 Citizen Kane show is awesome. If you like on the beach then this one is for you.

I hope they leave the 'honey slides' and the Southern Man rap on this release.
I listened to it twice but it adds nothing to the bootleg.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: June 26, 2022 14:17

Whale
Valeswood
Whale
The 1974 Citizen Kane show is awesome. If you like on the beach then this one is for you.

I hope they leave the 'honey slides' and the Southern Man rap on this release.
I listened to it twice but it adds nothing to the bootleg.

But did they leave 'honey slides' and the Southern Man rap on the official recording?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 1, 2022 22:44

"Timberline", another track from "Toast", out July 8:

Date: July 26, 2022 18:18

Farm Aid 2022 was announced today.

[www.farmaid.org]

Board Member Neil Young will not be appearing, as he posted recently on Neil Young Archives:

I will not be at Farmaid this year. I am not ready for that yet. I don't think it is safe in the pandemic.
I miss it very much.
love
be well
neil

[neilyoungarchives.com]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 26, 2022 18:23

bye bye johnny

[www.farmaid.org]

Board Member Neil Young will not be appearing, as he posted recently on Neil Young Archives:

I will not be at Farmaid this year. I am not ready for that yet. I don't think it is safe in the pandemic.
I miss it very much.
love
be well
neil

[neilyoungarchives.com]
If he waits for the pandemic to be gone, it might be he will never tour in his life again sadly...

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 26, 2022 18:58

StonedRambler
bye bye johnny

[www.farmaid.org]

I miss it very much.
love
be well
neil

[neilyoungarchives.com]
If he waits for the pandemic to be gone, it might be he will never tour in his life again sadly...

Neil has some well documented health issues & if he's not comfortable with it there's no point in him touring. Sad but if that's how he feels he's earned it. I'm high risk & still take precautions but I'm not shut in. I definitely don't want to get COVID again.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 26, 2022 21:15

crholmstrom
StonedRambler
bye bye johnny

[www.farmaid.org]

I miss it very much.
love
be well
neil

[neilyoungarchives.com]

Neil has some well documented health issues & if he's not comfortable with it there's no point in him touring. Sad but if that's how he feels he's earned it. I'm high risk & still take precautions but I'm not shut in. I definitely don't want to get COVID again.
Yes, I fully understand and I guess everyone has to find their own way with dealing with the risk.

OT: Neil Young stuff
Date: September 30, 2022 21:47

[twitter.com]

--

Pre-order - [neilyoung.warnerrecords.com]

Released On: 11/18/2022

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 1, 2022 06:09

And once again, Neil releasing new music!
Glad he's continuously being creative and productive, and this might be an extra great one with Rick Rubin involved.
And before you know it, another new one will follow...and then another one...hats off to good old Neil for being a true artist after all these years.

--------------------------------------------------------------
From Pitchfork:

"Neil Young & Crazy Horse have had a prolific couple of years: In 2019, they issued Colorado, followed by Barn in 2021.
They also have recently shared the archival releases Way Down in the Rust Bucket and Toast".

More.> New Neil/Crazy Horse; World Record

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-01 06:38 by Hairball.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 1, 2022 22:36

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

--

Pre-order - [neilyoung.warnerrecords.com]

Released On: 11/18/2022

Just listened to the song ... well ... not sure if this is a great advertisement for the album ... at least, the title is a combination of Neil's two best-loved catchwords ... again, not sure if this is a great advertisement for the album ...

Date: October 2, 2022 03:03

I think it's a pretty catchy tune...kind of grows on you...some tasty slide guitar bits...a bit like a hypnotic mantra..."love earth"...
Maybe not up their with his absolute best, but a nice little ditty imo, and gives us something to ponder..."love earth"...
And here's the official video which captures Neil tripping out with visions on his daily stroll...loving earth...

Love Earth smiling smiley

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: October 2, 2022 03:20

I dig it. I hope he feels comfortable getting back on the road sometime in the not too distant future.

Date: October 15, 2022 03:29

Coming soon..............

Harvest
50th Anniversary Edition
Available Dec. 2

> Neil Young

Young’s fourth solo album remains one of the most beloved in his catalog and is dense with songs that have long-permeated radio waves. The 50th Anniversary Edition Box Sets will be released December 2, 2022 on Vinyl and CD, boasting the original album, three studio outtakes on CD/7” vinyl, an unreleased live 1971 BBC solo performance on CD, LP and DVD. The film Harvest Time is a previously unseen 2-hour documentary filmed in 1971, documenting the Harvest sessions. Also included in the package is a hardbound book and fold-out poster. The vinyl box sets include a lithograph print.

Fans of the record will receive a new glimpse into Harvest through the two DVDs included in the box set. The first is Harvest Time, an unreleased two-hour film shot during the making of Harvest, with footage from Young’s Harvest Barn sessions in Northern California, recording sessions in Nashville and London. The second is a film of the unreleased solo BBC Concert recorded on February 23, 1971. Also included are three outtakes tracks from the original Harvest sessions : “Bad Fog of Loneliness,” “Journey Through The Past,” and “Dance Dance Dance.” Additionally, the hardbound book will include never-before-seen photos along with extensive liner notes by photographer Joel Bernstein.
All Greedy Hand Store purchases of Harvest 50th Anniversary Edition come with free hi-res digital audio downloads from the Xstream Store © at NYA.

Vinyl/DVD Box:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CD/DVD Box:

Harvest 50th Anniversary track listing:

CD 1/LP 1 - Harvest
• Out On The Weekend
• Harvest
• A Man Needs A Maid
• Heart Of Gold
• Are You Ready For The Country?
• Old Man
• There’s A World
• Alabama
• The Needle And The Damage Done
• Words (Between The Lines Of Age)
CD 2/LP 2 - Neil Young Live In Concert at the BBC, February 1971
• Out On The Weekend
• Old Man
• Journey Through The Past
• Heart of Gold
• Don’t Let It Bring You Down
• A Man Needs A Maid
• Love in Mind
• Dance Dance Dance
CD 3/7” vinyl - Harvest outtakes
• Bad Fog Of Loneliness
• Journey Through The Past
• Dance Dance Dance
DVD 1:
Harvest Time (2-hour film)
DVD 2:
Neil Young Live In Concert at the BBC

Neil Young - Heart of Gold (Live) [Harvest 50th Anniversary Edition] (Official Music Video)

Date: October 21, 2022 20:56

Another new tune from Neil and Crazy Horse - Break The Chain (Official Video):

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 21, 2022 21:21

Love it. Break The Chain, it's classic Neil at the same time as being newsmileys with beer

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 3, 2022 19:52

Created between January and September 1971, this docu-film takes us on an intimate journey to Young’s farm in Northern California for the ‘Harvest Barn’ sessions, to London for an iconic performance with the London Symphony Orchestra and to Nashville where the then 20 something Neil Young worked on various tracks of this signature album. The feature is a fan piece that has never been seen before. Performance and rehearsal content is intertwined into creative storytelling and includes most of the tracks from album Harvest (released in 1972) including “Heart of Gold”, “A Man Needs A Maid”, “Alabama” and “Old Man”.

[www.neilyoungharvesttime.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 3, 2022 19:59

Nice! Hope it does him justice.

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: November 13, 2022 02:46

Nov.12,1945. Happy 77th Neil.

Date: November 13, 2022 03:19

Happy Birthday to Neil...77 years young....thumbs up

SNL 1989...Rockin' In The Free World with Steve Jordan, Charlie Drayton, and Frank 'Poncho' Sampedro...

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: November 13, 2022 14:50

A very Happy 77th To Mr Neil Young!!!!!!My Birthday wish to you is A Nice Jaunt Around Europe next Summer.Peace.M

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: November 14, 2022 17:20

Cristiano Radtke

Created between January and September 1971, this docu-film takes us on an intimate journey to Young’s farm in Northern California for the ‘Harvest Barn’ sessions, to London for an iconic performance with the London Symphony Orchestra and to Nashville where the then 20 something Neil Young worked on various tracks of this signature album. The feature is a fan piece that has never been seen before. Performance and rehearsal content is intertwined into creative storytelling and includes most of the tracks from album Harvest (released in 1972) including “Heart of Gold”, “A Man Needs A Maid”, “Alabama” and “Old Man”.

[www.neilyoungharvesttime.com]

Got tickets for the 01 Dec showing in Kingston. As it turns out my wife and I will be staying in SW London coming up in a few weeks, so this works out really well. I'm very much looking forward to seeing this documentary!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 17, 2022 02:28

Now that Covid is on the wane, it looks like Neil has found himself another excuse not to tour. What's up with this guy anyway? Why can't he just say, "I'm sorry folks, but I'm no longer physically up to being able to perform in a manner that would be satisfactory either to the audience or to myself." There'd be no disgrace in that.

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-17 02:29 by tatters.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 17, 2022 02:35

tatters
Now that Covid is on the wane, it looks like Neil has found himself another excuse not to tour. What's up with this guy anyway? Why can't he just say, "I'm sorry folks, but I'm no longer physically up to being able to perform in a manner that would be satisfactory either to the audience or to myself." There'd be no disgrace in that.

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

I don't think it's his ability to perform. Look at videos from 2019 or from his home during the pandemic (or his capacity to record/put out material from his vault).

I think he's had a lot of time, sitting at home, stewing on some of his beliefs. I don't think this means he won't tour again.. maybe don't expect him at arenas or festival type events. Probably just theatres, solo, which have been some of my favourite settings for NY shows anyway. (OR I could be wrong and he never tours again)

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 17, 2022 03:34

When I saw the 'Monsanto Years' tour (the one where he was railing against Starb*cks) with POTR in 2015 in Seattle, there was one right in the concession area at the Wamu Theater - you could almost see it from the stage. Guess he neglected to check if it was 'clean' beforehand.

I saw a bunch of shows, acoustic and electric, on that last tour in 2019. He was pretty good solo, but the electric shows with POTR weren't as good as the ones I saw in 2015-16.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 17, 2022 04:11

Neil's getting up there in years & has some well documented health issues. If he doesn't want to tour that's his choice. He seems happy putting out his archival stuff. He's earned his rest. He was a road warrior for a long time.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 17, 2022 04:19

Saw him back in the ‘90’s with Crazy Horse. Good show. Glad I was able to see him back then. I’ve been a NY fan since Rockin in the Free World. Have a ton of his stuff. Looooooove him!!!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 17, 2022 13:58

crholmstrom
Neil's getting up there in years & has some well documented health issues. If he doesn't want to tour that's his choice. He seems happy putting out his archival stuff. He's earned his rest. He was a road warrior for a long time.

Yes, but why all the subterfuge? Why make impossible-to-meet demands on concert venues, and then use their failure to meet those demands as an excuse never to tour again? I'm quite certain that even if this particular list of demands were met, he would still come up with some other reason not to tour, and it still wouldn't be the real reason.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 17, 2022 19:19

Date: November 17, 2022 19:41

Cristiano Radtke

Thanks Cristiano - will listen in full later when I have some more time, but did hear him say towards the end of clip that he wants to to tour with this record, but there's "alot of things to figure out".
Looking forward to seeing Neil live again...some day...hopefully sooner than later....but either way I'm fairly certain he will grace the stage again...some day....thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-17 19:41 by Hairball.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: November 17, 2022 20:36

Nils Lofgren had an interview in Rolling Stone saying that his tour schedule with Springsteen is interfering with Young going on tour with Crazy Horse. Lofgren added that he may be replaced if Young goes on tour.
[www.rollingstone.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home