Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 49
Re: New Barbarians- Neil Young
Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 5, 2019 12:40

Two great Shows....Many Songs Performed with POTR for the first time...Nice changes to the set...Both Venue's perfect...The one in Berlin was just a real beauty!!! The singing of ''rocking in the free world" For nearly 30 mins after the show ended was great until security let us know it was time to go! Meet many great people on the Metro on the way to the show...Everyone in good spirits Also spotted Darryl Hannah....Neil had a big grin on his face seemed to be having a blast!!!! Well worth the trip up from Prague...Glad i hit 2 shows....Peace

Re: OT: Neil Young / Promise of the Real
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 6, 2019 15:38

Apparently Neil has asked POTR to learn the entire Crazy Horse repertoire...
"Country Home" "Over And Over" "Danger Bird". They should do a gig where they would play the entire "Ragged Glory" album! thumbs up

Re: New Barbarians- Neil Young
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 6, 2019 21:05

mikey C
Two great Shows....Many Songs Performed with POTR for the first time...Nice changes to the set...Both Venue's perfect...The one in Berlin was just a real beauty!!! The singing of ''rocking in the free world" For nearly 30 mins after the show ended was great until security let us know it was time to go! Meet many great people on the Metro on the way to the show...Everyone in good spirits Also spotted Darryl Hannah....Neil had a big grin on his face seemed to be having a blast!!!! Well worth the trip up from Prague...Glad i hit 2 shows....Peace

just downloaded the Berlin show. shhhhh. winking smiley

Date: July 6, 2019 21:23

Mannheim is better... but sssshhh!

Date: July 7, 2019 11:47

5 shows into the tour NY/POTR have played 41 different songs already..Who else is changing there set-list that much? Bob better have his game face on Neil is Smoking as well as the Band!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 7, 2019 14:35

dcba
slewan
the man seems to be getting senile – he played Powderfinger yesterday twice at Dresden (# 2 and # 17 in the setlist)
see: [www.setlist.fm] and [www.rusted-moon.com]

C'mon... NY played "Going Home" twice in Rotterdam 2001. If he plays sth twice it means he just likes the song...

Otoh... grinning smiley during his 1990 Montreux gig Dylan said (before Across The Borderline) : "Alright, we wanna play this song again. You heard it already once tonight. It's SO good you'll hear it again".
Alrite... but setlists and tapes show the song was played only once that night.

Bob Dylan was referring to Ry Cooder's performance of the song on the very same day

Date: July 7, 2019 14:41

And a 29-yo riddle is finally solved this day. Thx Slewan!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 7, 2019 20:10

mikey C
5 shows into the tour NY/POTR have played 41 different songs already..Who else is changing there set-list that much? Bob better have his game face on Neil is Smoking as well as the Band!

Dylan live doesn't quite translate as well in giant stadiums and massive settings such as Desert Trip - especially for the casual fans/general masses, so Neil and POTR might end up as "winners" at Hyde Park and Nowlan Park. However, if the two were co-headlining in small intimate theaters it would be a much closer match as that's where Dylan truly shines imo.

Wondering if they will share the stage at some point...maybe Neil joins Dylan for All Along the Watchtower? Or Dylan joins Neil for a duet on an acoustic tune...maybe Old Man which Dylan has played before?
Or maybe Dylan will jump on stage during Rockin' in the Free World and belt out a couple of lines..."People shufflin' their feet, people sleepin' in their shoes..." Or maybe no such thing will happen at all?

Whatever happens, wish I could be in attendance!

Found this Neil Young quote from Time magazine, 2005:

"Bob Dylan, I'll never be Bob Dylan. He's the master. If I'd like to be anyone, it's him. And he's a great writer, true to his music and done what he feels is the right thing to do for years and years and years. He's great. He's the one I look to. I'm always interested in what he's doing now, or did last, or did a long time ago that I didn't find out about. The guy has written some of the greatest poetry and put it to music in a way that it touched me, and other people have done that, but not so consistently or as intensely. Like me, he waits around and keeps going, and he knows that he doesn't have the muse all the time, but he knows that it'll come back and it'll visit him and he'll have his moment."

Date: July 7, 2019 23:01

dcba
Mannheim is better... but sssshhh!

I'll have to watch for Mannheim (can't do torrents). Good Lord though. Berlin sounds like world war 3. That's a good thing! >grinning smiley<

Date: July 7, 2019 23:59

Mannheim too. Check your mail box within the next 48 hrs. winking smiley

Date: July 8, 2019 02:03

dcba
Mannheim too. Check your mail box within the next 48 hrs. winking smiley

Thank you so much!

Date: July 8, 2019 14:13

Just a hunch maybe Bob/Neil are seeing how the shows go....Then they will tour North America...Europe...Australia ..Etc Together? Could happen I am hoping for Neil Bob and Charlie to trade licks on a blistering"Watchtower" That would be Sweet..Peace

Date: July 8, 2019 22:31

mikey C
Just a hunch maybe Bob/Neil are seeing how the shows go....Then they will tour North America...Europe...Australia ..Etc Together? Could happen I am hoping for Neil Bob and Charlie to trade licks on a blistering"Watchtower" That would be Sweet..Peace

That would bee nice...add Willie in there and wowsa

Date: July 10, 2019 03:34

Neil Young, Dave Matthews, Bonnie Raitt to Headline Farm Aid 2019

The show, also featuring John Mellencamp and Willie Nelson, heads to East Troy, Wisconsin in September

Farm Aid

Farm Aid is coming to East Troy, Wisconsin’s Alpine Valley Music Theater on September 21st. The lineup includes Farm Aid board members Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews in addition to Bonnie Raitt, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Margo Price, Jamey Johnson, Tanya Tucker, Brothers Osborne, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, Yola, and Particle Kid.

“We’re bringing Farm Aid to the heartland because we need to show the country what’s happening to the people who grow our food and take care of our soil and water,” John Mellencamp said in a statement. “We want family farmers to know that we won’t let them go down without a fight. And neither should you–farmers need us, and we need farmers.”

Dave Matthews echoed the sentiment. “Everybody in this country should have access to good food,” he said. “And the people produce the best food – our family farmers – should be able to produce it without being afraid of going hungry themselves because they can’t make ends meet. These are the values that bring Farm Aid to Wisconsin this year.”

The first Farm Aid was held September 22nd, 1985 at Memorial Stadium in Champaign, Illinois. With the exception of 1988, 1989 and 1991, it’s been held every year since. Willie Nelson, Neil Young and John Mellencamp have played every single one and Dave Matthews hasn’t missed one since becoming a member of the board in 2001. Guns N’ Roses, Jack White, Phish, Wilco, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, Lou Reed, Bob Dylan, the Beach Boys, Bon Jovi, Lucinda Williams, Billy Joel and too many others to mention have joined them over the past 34 years.

This year will mark the first time the event has been held in East Troy, Wisconsin. Tickets go on-sale July 12th at 10 a.m. CDT and will range in price from $54.50 to $249.50.

Date: July 10, 2019 12:56

NY/POTR after the show in Belgium last night 46 different song's now played...Amsterdam Tonight then on To London and Kilkenny with Bob Dylan and his band...Would love to hear reports from those shows...Hyde Park is going to be 60,000+ WoW!!!!! Have a great one or two for those going to see the last gig's of there tours .Peace.M

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 10, 2019 21:06

He played On The Beach for the first time in 16 years last night. Love this guy.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 10, 2019 21:27

Hairball
Neil Young, Dave Matthews, Bonnie Raitt to Headline Farm Aid 2019

The show, also featuring John Mellencamp and Willie Nelson, heads to East Troy, Wisconsin in September

Farm Aid

Farm Aid is coming to East Troy, Wisconsin’s Alpine Valley Music Theater on September 21st. The lineup includes Farm Aid board members Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews in addition to Bonnie Raitt, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Margo Price, Jamey Johnson, Tanya Tucker, Brothers Osborne, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, Yola, and Particle Kid.

“We’re bringing Farm Aid to the heartland because we need to show the country what’s happening to the people who grow our food and take care of our soil and water,” John Mellencamp said in a statement. “We want family farmers to know that we won’t let them go down without a fight. And neither should you–farmers need us, and we need farmers.”

Dave Matthews echoed the sentiment. “Everybody in this country should have access to good food,” he said. “And the people produce the best food – our family farmers – should be able to produce it without being afraid of going hungry themselves because they can’t make ends meet. These are the values that bring Farm Aid to Wisconsin this year.”

The first Farm Aid was held September 22nd, 1985 at Memorial Stadium in Champaign, Illinois. With the exception of 1988, 1989 and 1991, it’s been held every year since. Willie Nelson, Neil Young and John Mellencamp have played every single one and Dave Matthews hasn’t missed one since becoming a member of the board in 2001. Guns N’ Roses, Jack White, Phish, Wilco, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, Lou Reed, Bob Dylan, the Beach Boys, Bon Jovi, Lucinda Williams, Billy Joel and too many others to mention have joined them over the past 34 years.

This year will mark the first time the event has been held in East Troy, Wisconsin. Tickets go on-sale July 12th at 10 a.m. CDT and will range in price from $54.50 to $249.50.
I had such a great time at Farm Aid last year...wish I could see it every year.

Date: July 10, 2019 23:12

RollingFreak
He played On The Beach for the first time in 16 years last night. Love this guy.

OMG! My favorite Neil song from my favorite Neil album! I remember when that record had holy grail status when it was out of print. Good to see him riding in the ditch for awhile!

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: July 11, 2019 01:09

No such gem tonight in Amsterdam but a great gig anyway.

Date: July 11, 2019 12:41

All my pictures are fallin'
From the wall where I placed them yesterday

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 12, 2019 11:03

For those going today have a great one ...No Rain...Looking forward to pics,reviews and how it went ...Best of all have a great time!!!!!! For the Kilkenny show looks like Neil's set will be live streamed Nice!!!!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 13:32

Demand for this show today seems to be massive with even GA tickets still commanding inflated prices on the secondary market on show day instead of the usual late dip. It's the type of show I would do on a last gasp drop but opportunities look to be thin on the ground for this one. For anyone going, have a blast.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 12, 2019 13:41

There will be plenty of tickets floating around outside the venue today.
I am going without a ticket in hand and I’m pretty confident I can get a good deal.

Nate

Date: July 12, 2019 13:44

On the Facebook/Nowland park event page people are selling there tickets...Left,Right and Center....Hard to find a place to stay...As low as 50 euros a ticket....Plus a Sunday Night! Will be a Great show wish i could be there!!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 12, 2019 13:52

Nate
There will be plenty of tickets floating around outside the venue today.
I am going without a ticket in hand and I’m pretty confident I can get a good deal.

Nate

I'm pretty confident you can get a good deal too grinning smiley Please report back what you end up with. Another reason for me not going is that I took 11 days' leave to go to the US where I'd planned 3 Stones shows but ended up doing 1 and even then it took drastic changes of plan to be there.

I'm not keen on the latest BST Hyde Park floor plan. The best viewing points in GA are still a long way from the stage whereas in 2013 if you queued early you could get right to the front which I did for both Stones shows.

The big attraction of today's show is that it's effectively a double header with 2 premium artists on the same bill.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-12 13:55 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: July 12, 2019 22:19

NYA will livestream the Kilkenny show on sunday for subscribers! Starting 17.15

Date: July 13, 2019 01:04

Live right now via facebook ...looks to be a beautiful day in London. thumbs up

EDIT: Oops false alarm - it was only for Words and Heart of Gold I guess and is over now....

As mentioned earlier in thread - official live stream on Sunday:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-13 01:21 by Hairball.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 13, 2019 01:06

This was a great show even though I prefer to see Dylan in a small venue.I scored a nice price last minute FOS ticket.Dylan was great and I was blown away by Neil Young.

Nate

Date: July 13, 2019 03:32

listening to the Antwerp show. astonishing. maybe best non crazy horse version of "f'n up" leading into "cortez the killer" still got a ways to go. the stakes were high on this night....

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 13, 2019 03:39

crholmstrom
listening to the Antwerp show. astonishing. maybe best non crazy horse version of "f'n up" leading into "cortez the killer" still got a ways to go. the stakes were high on this night....

I bet he was burning the guitar up!! Go HaWKS!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1956
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home