Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 49
Re: OT: Neil Young / Promise of the Real
Posted by: grizzlybear ()
Date: March 3, 2019 14:40

Yes you are right ! It seems my browser had a small problem in finding the right way to navigate.
I have tried again and got a nice seated ticket. Thank you one more time for your great help !

Cheers,
grizzly

OT: Neil Young
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 3, 2019 22:50

Weezer Disses Neil Young on New Album

by Erica Banas

Apparently, a southern man and Weezer don’t need Neil Young around anyhow.

Weezer released their latest album, Weezer (“The Black Album”), today (March 1), and the track “Byzantine” opens with these biting NSFW lyrics:

“I want Neil Young on your phone speaker in the morning
And f-ck him if he just can't see
This is how his songs are supposed to be heard
No more lectures on fidelity”

The attack on Young comes seemingly out of nowhere from Weezer, but Young has long lamented on the poor audio quality of streaming services.

Young tried to launch his own hi-res streaming service, PONO music, back in 2015 along with its own portable player. The endeavor officially folded in April 2017. He currently offers hi-res streaming of his own catalog through NeilYoungArchives.com.

However, if this new Weezer track launches a bizarre feud between the band and Young, grab the popcorn. This is going to get weird.

[alt929boston.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 3, 2019 23:34

Who the f*ck is Weezer besides a band that people should throw batteries at if they happen to be at a music festival one is attending to see someone else?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 4, 2019 00:19

Sounds like they're singing from the perspective of a fictional nerdy character, and making it satirical.
Surely the singer/somgwriter Rivers Cuomo - a Harvard graduate - appreciates the difference between high quality sound vs. a phone speaker.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 4, 2019 00:52

a bit strange: tried to check some details for the show in Berlin: date not listed at Waldbühne site, Munich: date not listed at Olympiahalle site. hm. Maybe all sold out? HP also sold out?

Date: March 4, 2019 01:40

MAF
a bit strange: tried to check some details for the show in Berlin: date not listed at Waldbühne site, Munich: date not listed at Olympiahalle site. hm. Maybe all sold out? HP also sold out?

Tickets are sold directly through Neil Young Archives to thwart scalpers, but might eventually show up on ticketmaster and/or the official venue sites.
As to why they're not even listed as scheduled on those sites? I don't know.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: March 4, 2019 21:53

I've loved Neil Young for years. Recently I have him on heavy rotation on my Pandora. What I've come to realize after listening to Neil for an extended period of time is that as often as he plays harmonica on his songs he is actually a TERRIBLE harmonica player. He only knows 3 or 4 notes on the harmonica and he plays them in pretty much the same way every time. If you listen to anyone else who actually knows how to play harmonica (including Mick) I think you have to admit that there's no comparison.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 5, 2019 12:12

On the Rusted-Moon Neil Young German fan site...Ticket's on sale March 15th....From the translation....I am just the messenger...Peace.M

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: March 5, 2019 20:44

Different style of harp playing. Cross Harp & Straight Harp. Mick play cross/ Neil Straight.

Date: March 5, 2019 22:13

Neil doesn't use his hands

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 5, 2019 22:37

mikey C
On the Rusted-Moon Neil Young German fan site...Ticket's on sale March 15th....From the translation....I am just the messenger...Peace.M

NY has a pre-sale on his site (but you have to pay for access). tickets will go on sale for the general public on March 15th (that's right). There's no need to hurry since he is playing large venues. Thus those shows won't sell out quickly.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 6, 2019 02:04

Bungo
I've loved Neil Young for years. Recently I have him on heavy rotation on my Pandora. What I've come to realize after listening to Neil for an extended period of time is that as often as he plays harmonica on his songs he is actually a TERRIBLE harmonica player. He only knows 3 or 4 notes on the harmonica and he plays them in pretty much the same way every time. If you listen to anyone else who actually knows how to play harmonica (including Mick) I think you have to admit that there's no comparison.

Charlie Musselwhite is the best one I have seen. No one has come close.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: March 6, 2019 23:10

jumpontopofmebaby

Even in the Studio !?!?

Date: March 7, 2019 22:51

Bungo
jumpontopofmebaby

Even in the Studio !?!?

No clue....but the only time I have ever seen him playing a harmonica either live or on a video he is playing his guitar at the same time

Date: March 11, 2019 15:25

Look's like the tour is 8 Shows only....Guess Neil will be doing hit and run shows...Makes sense... no need to do World Tours anymore....Catch him if you can this Summer in Europe!!!!! Sorted for Dresden and Berlin....Maybe Munich to...With Potr will be Epic....

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 12, 2019 01:55

jumpontopofmebaby
Bungo
jumpontopofmebaby

Even in the Studio !?!?

No clue....but the only time I have ever seen him playing a harmonica either live or on a video he is playing his guitar at the same time

I saw him play just harmonica - with his hands - at the Bridge School Benefit, Oakland CA 1988. He was jamming with Jerry Garcia & Bob Weir (Grateful Dead) on Howlin' Wolf s' 'Wang Dang Doodle'. Cool stuff.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-12 01:59 by mosthigh.

Date: March 13, 2019 11:26

Tickets on sale Friday 10:00am CET TIME....Ticketmaster.de....Eventim.de...Looks like all tickets are Ga...Nice!!!!! For the show's in Germany.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 13, 2019 18:36

Solo show just announced for Vancouver, tickets available on Neil Young Archives.

Date: March 13, 2019 19:34

Gotta love what Neil is doing. I hope he finds his way to the Kansas City or Tulsa sometime in the next few months

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-13 20:02 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: March 13, 2019 19:44

jumpontopofmebaby
Gotta love what Neil is doing. I hope he finds his way to the Kansas City or Tulsa sometime in the next fees months

Never a dull moment with Neil Young....thumbs up...hoping he returns to SoCal again soon!

Date: March 13, 2019 20:05

Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
Gotta love what Neil is doing. I hope he finds his way to the Kansas City or Tulsa sometime in the next few months

Never a dull moment with Neil Young....thumbs up...hoping he returns to SoCal again soon!

And the way he gets the word out about his shows and the fact you have to have a password and only being able to get your tickets from will call is really helping to make sure true fans get to go and don't have to buy scalped tickets. And with this system it almost guarantees a small venue!

Date: March 14, 2019 02:36

I can't log in to my account on NYA. I paid for subscription and keep getting looped with the login box.

Tried contacting them but no reply so far. If anyone could spare a code for Vancouver, I'll return the favor sometime.

This really sucks.yawning smiley

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 14, 2019 02:40

Email me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-14 05:22 by Paddy.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 5, 2019 22:56

They just released tickets for the Seattle shows on Ticketmaster. I'm going night 2. Got some ADA seats on the floor for $75 each. Not the best good enough. I couldn't afford $250 each. I'm happy. I had dragged my feet because of the Stones show the next night. My friend has never seen Neil & she's actually a Lukas Nelson fan. Should be fun.

Date: April 6, 2019 16:33

Neil in Dresden,Germany July 2nd W/POTR Along the Elbe River in the Heart of the city...Perfect!!!!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 6, 2019 17:35

Hairball
Sounds like they're singing from the perspective of a fictional nerdy character, and making it satirical.
Surely the singer/somgwriter Rivers Cuomo - a Harvard graduate - appreciates the difference between high quality sound vs. a phone speaker.
I agree with that. Cuomo is a very smart guy...I think he's just taking the piss.

Date: April 9, 2019 03:55

Did I read that right. Or is this new news? Elvis Costello opening for Neil. I need some of that shit!!!!

Date: April 9, 2019 04:55

Second Vancouver solo show added May 14 (May 15 sold out). Elvis Costello opening both nights.

NYA presale on now.

Date: April 9, 2019 05:16

Anybody need a single use code for new Vancouver date, let me know (and have your email visible so I can forward).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 05:17 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 9, 2019 06:03

I am all in on this one!!

Thought about Seattle earlier but with Stones and so much going on passed.
Glad I did now.. These Vancouver shows should be fantastic!!
Queen Elizabeth is a much cooler venue imo and also where as Neil mentions in the announcement he started his first tour in '71. Thanks for the heads up!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home