Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 49
Re: OT: Neil Young / Promise of the Real
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 23, 2018 01:02

From Neil Young Archives:

Out of the Barn
Again!

Neil Young and Crazy Horse will appear in Winnipeg Manitoba, Neil’s home town, on February 3rd and 4th.
Be there with NYA to celebrate the beginning of another year with the Horse!

NYA

- Feb 3rd at Burton Cummings Theater.
- Feb 4th at Centennial Concert Hall.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 23, 2018 01:48

Wonder if Pancho will be back. hope his health is improving!

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: December 23, 2018 02:54

I think it will be Nils Lofgren and not Pancho. Long live The Horse!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: December 23, 2018 03:57

So is Winnipeg solo or with Crazy Horse? Or both?

Live stream on Feb 3, apparently.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: December 23, 2018 11:00

Any Dates in Europe besides London,Kilkenny??? Season's Greeting's to All!!!!!

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: December 23, 2018 11:16

mikey C
Any Dates in Europe besides London,Kilkenny??? Season's Greeting's to All!!!!!
Cologne and Munich are expected to be confirmed soon, and a show in Mannheim is rumoured.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: December 23, 2018 17:09

Great Thank You,Then in for Munich hope the show is outside......Kilkenny is tempting...

Date: December 24, 2018 03:35

Ralph - Pancho or Nils?

Ralph Molina What I say is...you couldn’t replace Danny..we did with poncho..new era...nicks has been a part of crazy horse long before, during the danny days..now a new era with nils...you move on....no one replaced Danny..no one replaced poncho..we’re moving on...doing what we’ve done and do...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 24, 2018 09:27

You do what you do with the Pancho situation. I'd love him to be there, but if he can't, I'm glad Neil is keeping it in the family. He's lucky he's got someone as incredible as Nils to fill in. Not that I prefer Nils, but having Nils makes it more exciting. Its something a bit different you don't get from Crazy Horse but still feels right. The guys are old, we just gotta be thankful we have enough left to still play a show, and do it damn @#$%& fine.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 24, 2018 15:50

RollingFreak
You do what you do with the Pancho situation. I'd love him to be there, but if he can't, I'm glad Neil is keeping it in the family. He's lucky he's got someone as incredible as Nils to fill in. Not that I prefer Nils, but having Nils makes it more exciting. Its something a bit different you don't get from Crazy Horse but still feels right. The guys are old, we just gotta be thankful we have enough left to still play a show, and do it damn @#$%& fine.

met Nils once. really nice guy. told some good, funny stories about his adventures.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 24, 2018 17:17

Rialb
Ralph - Pancho or Nils?

Ralph Molina What I say is...you couldn’t replace Danny..we did with poncho..new era...nicks has been a part of crazy horse long before, during the danny days..now a new era with nils...you move on....no one replaced Danny..no one replaced poncho..we’re moving on...doing what we’ve done and do...

Where and when are those comments from?

Date: December 24, 2018 17:25

Man is Neil ever on a roll.

Date: December 25, 2018 03:25

Rialb
Ralph - Pancho or Nils?

Where and when are those comments from?

Ralph posted it on Facebook.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-25 03:26 by Rialb.

Date: December 25, 2018 04:08

Rialb

Ralph posted it on Facebook.

Interesting - I'm friends with Ralph on facebook and didn't see any such quote recently -perhaps I missed it?
Or maybe he said it back before the Fresno/Bakersfield shows, and I missed it back then? Anyhow, sounds like a cool thing of him to say - Crazy Horse evolves.........thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-25 04:08 by Hairball.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: December 29, 2018 03:53

Thanks for the heads up on Neil and the Horse. Just booked 2 nights in Winnipeg for the 1st show, and - weather permitting - will make a drive down to ND to knock off state #50.

Date: January 6, 2019 09:59

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 6, 2019 11:25

So what exactly is the Pancho situation that makes him unable to perform? Is it still the hand injury from a few years ago?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 7, 2019 21:33

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 8, 2019 17:48

That's an eclectic lineup.

JEFF GOLDBLBUM is performing with his jazz band...love that!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 10, 2019 23:44

PEGI YOUNG DIES (R.I.P. 1952 - 2019)

Neil Young's ex-wife, Pegi Morton, has died at the age of 66 after a year long battle with cancer. Pegi, who was married to the Canadian rocker Neil Young until 2014, passed away on New Year's Day, a statement on her Facebook page confirms. "With great sadness, we confirm that on January 1, after a year-long battle with cancer, Pegi Young - mother, grandmother, sister, auntie, musician, activist and co-founder of the Bridge School - passed away surrounded by her friends and family in her native California. We request that the families' privacy be respected at this time," the statement confirmed. "Thanks Pegi, for being such a wonderful mother to our children," Young wrote in a statement published to his Archives website. "You live inside of them and the many you have touched." He also wrote down the lyrics to his 'Harvest Moon' song 'Such a Woman', which was inspired by Pegi. Pegi is survived by Ben and Amber - her two children with Young.

She married Young in 1978 and spent decades as a back-up singer on his tours, before releasing five country albums - the most recent being 2017's 'Raw'.

ROCKMAN

Date: January 11, 2019 03:29

I got 2 front row center section for Neil Jan 31st. This is not a super small place. It holds 4000. My girlfriend can not get off work. My concert buddy’s wife already had plans for him for his birthday. These tickets cannot be refunded or sold because I can’t get them in until I get there and go to will call. I have asked a few other buddies but none of them are really interested. Worst case I just don’t go. But more than likely I will just go solo. And try to sell the ticket when I get there. Who would have guessed I got front row and no one interested

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-11 03:33 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: January 11, 2019 03:49

GO SOLO!!!!

You'll have no problem selling ticket there!

Date: January 11, 2019 04:11

Lol. Ya. I prob will.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 11, 2019 06:11

Scored by Saturday Bottlerock tickets. Next show after Sea Stones. Anyone else going?

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 11, 2019 15:10

Going to see Neil and Crazy Horse in Winnipeg in a few weeks,

Date: January 11, 2019 20:08

jumpontopofmebaby
I got 2 front row center section for Neil Jan 31st. This is not a super small place. It holds 4000. My girlfriend can not get off work. My concert buddy’s wife already had plans for him for his birthday. These tickets cannot be refunded or sold because I can’t get them in until I get there and go to will call. I have asked a few other buddies but none of them are really interested. Worst case I just don’t go. But more than likely I will just go solo. And try to sell the ticket when I get there. Who would have guessed I got front row and no one interested

So I looked again on the internet regarding the capacity. This place was renovated recently and now the capacity is only 2700! There is still great seats left but they are $300. A few mid priced seats left also but it seems the cheaper seats are gone.

SOLO fits this time around. Now just have to pray for good weather.

Date: January 11, 2019 20:15

jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby

So I looked again on the internet regarding the capacity. This place was renovated recently and now the capacity is only 2700! There is still great seats left but they are $300. A few mid priced seats left also but it seems the cheaper seats are gone.

You could try and list your extra here on IORR in this section > ALL SOLD OUT
You never know, and If I lived closer to Minneapolis I would want it!

Date: January 11, 2019 20:21

jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby

My tickets are Orchestra Center Row AA Seats 27 and 28. There are 29 seats in the row. So I am towards the end of the row and that leaves a single seat on the end. So the person next to me is also SOLO!

I am betting its a hot chick!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-11 20:24 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: January 11, 2019 20:23

Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby

I have a few more people to ask. But yes as it gets closer that might be what I do.

Date: January 11, 2019 20:35

jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby

I have a few more people to ask. But yes as it gets closer that might be what I do.

There is really only 16 seats in the front row. The seat numbers start at 14.

So after looking at actual pictures of the auditorium. I am not way off to the side. I am pretty damn close to dead center! Like it more all the time.

SHAAAADDDDOOOOBBBBIIIIEEEEEE

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home