Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 49
Re: OT: Neil Young / Promise of the Real
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 16, 2018 03:45

crholmstrom
jumpontopofmebaby
I wonder how close we are to getting Neil / Promise of the Real summer tour dates?

I am actually holding off on a few other events waiting to see what Neil does.

It has to be getting close to time to release dates.

Better than having to cough up money a year in advance though (I'm talking to you Foo Fighters! Their Seattle show is Labor Day weekend @ Safeco Field. While the GA/field tickets are gone, the sales for other seats are soft).

I have a feeling we'll hear about a tour announcement from Neil before the Stones. And who knows, he might even release another new album before then!
He's released at least 10 new albums of original music since A Bigger Bang came out in 2005 - the man does not rest on his laurels and keeps moving forward!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 16, 2018 04:18

Hairball
crholmstrom
jumpontopofmebaby
I wonder how close we are to getting Neil / Promise of the Real summer tour dates?

I am actually holding off on a few other events waiting to see what Neil does.

It has to be getting close to time to release dates.

Better than having to cough up money a year in advance though (I'm talking to you Foo Fighters! Their Seattle show is Labor Day weekend @ Safeco Field. While the GA/field tickets are gone, the sales for other seats are soft).

I have a feeling we'll hear about a tour announcement from Neil before the Stones. And who knows, he might even release another new album before then!
He's released at least 10 new albums of original music since A Bigger Bang came out in 2005 - the man does not rest on his laurels and keeps moving forward!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 16, 2018 14:23

Hairball
I have a feeling we'll hear about a tour announcement from Neil before the Stones.

We'll possibly even hear about a new album announced from Neil before the Stones ... grinning smiley

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: January 16, 2018 14:34

RollingFreak
Admittedly that sounds very specific to them and a bit close minded, although I fully understand where they are coming from. But if they listened to someone like you that would have their best interests and enjoyment at heart that should be enough. If it wasn't, setlists should be convincing. As you say, their loss, but I just feel thats too much on them than the average concertgoer to completely shut him down after that show. I understand people that aren't fans of his at all, but those that are casual fans and know diehard Neil fans they can trust seems odd for them never to return.

As for Greendale, its completely understandable why many would be turned off. Its a strange album (a good one, but a grower) and if you weren't prepared for that tour then I understand how anyone that wasn't a diehard was turned off. Even some diehards were. Not to the point that they turned their back on Neil, but essentially turned a blind eye to the record and tour though. Even for Neil that tour was a lot to take in, especially if you were unprepared for the format and didn't like the album. I think its looked at more fondly than when first released when people possibly wanted something different from Crazy Horse's first album in nearly 10 years with Neil.

I saw Neil perform Greendale acoustically at Hammersmith Odeon in 2003. I was unprepared but I loved it. I was bit disappointed when I heard the album when it came out a few months later as it was electric. Still, that's Neil!

Date: January 16, 2018 20:17

doitywoik
Hairball
I have a feeling we'll hear about a tour announcement from Neil before the Stones.

We'll possibly even hear about a new album announced from Neil before the Stones ... grinning smiley

That was the second sentence in my post above...thumbs up

"And who knows, he might even release another new album before then"!

Not only announced, but released and archived!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 26, 2018 02:14

Neil Young Highlights 1973 Show, Rare Movies in New Archival Releases

Shows taped at the Roxy and Crazy Horse's 2012/13 tour will be made available this year

Neil Young announced that he's prepping his 1973 Roxy show and rare movies for official release. C Flanigan/FilmMagic

By Andy Greene

Neil Young's Archives went up last month with an interactive timeline that offered fans the bulk of his catalog in stunning sound quality along with photos and videos from his five-decade career. But one thing the archives didn't have was much music that isn't already available on Spotify and other streaming services. On Wednesday, however, Young posted the inaugural issue of the Neil Young Times-Contrarian delving into detail about upcoming archival releases.

The first package slated for a March release is Roxy - Tonight's The Night Live, spotlighting a 1973 Los Angeles show that Young played with the Santa Monica Flyers right after they cut Tonight's The Night. "We really knew the Tonight's The Night songs after playing them for a month [in the studio]," Young writes in the online newspaper. "So we just played them again, the album, top to bottom, without the added songs, two sets a night, for a few days. We had a great time."

Young also plans on releasing ALCHEMY, which chronicles his 2012/13 tour with Crazy Horse. It will include "Walk Like a Giant," "Dangerbird," "Mr. Soul," "Surfer Joe & Moe the Sleaze," "Red Sun" and other songs taped on the world tour. Video from the tour will also be released onto the archives, including a wild performance of "Like a Hurricane" at a 2013 show in Switzerland where the group played in the midst of a thunderstorm. "NYA has the whole multi-camera capture of this unreal experience," Young wrote, "and will preview it at the premiere of NYA's Movie Night." Movie Night will spotlight one film from Young's vast library every week.

Access to the Neil Young Archives is free at the moment, but the musician plans on putting up a paywall later this year. "We plan on a couple of levels of subscription with many exclusive features for the top level," Young wrote. "We don't want to lose our listeners so we are making it very low priced and attractive, with all kinds of perks, from premier listens to first shot at buying tickets to shows before they are commercially announced." Young has been off the road since late 2016, but in his letter on the newspaper he says that "tour plans are forming now for the latter part of 2018."

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: January 26, 2018 03:18

Thanks Cristiano - Neil is taking care of business and his fans! thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 31, 2018 15:00

An article about Neil Young's studio on wheels which looks a lot like the Stones' Mobile Record Unit.

[www.audiotechnology.com.au]

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: January 31, 2018 15:28

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-03 01:11 by Leonioid.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 1, 2018 21:51

New Neil Young movie premiering at SXSW in March:

PARADOX

Time is fluid in this far-fetched, whimsical western tale of music and love. Somewhere in the future past, The Man In the Black Hat hides out between heists at an old stagecoach stop with Jail Time, the Particle Kid, and an odd band of outlaws. Mining the detritus of past civilizations, they wait… for the Silver Eagle, for the womenfolk, and for the full moon's magic to give rise to the music and make the spirits fly.

Credits

Director: Daryl Hannah
Producer: Bernard Shakey & Elliot Rabinowitz
Screenwriter: Daryl Hannah
Cinematographer: Adam CK Vollick
Editor: Paul Snyder
Production Designer: Daryl Hannah
Music: Neil Young + Promise Of The Real
Principal Cast: Neil Young, Lukas Nelson, Micah Nelson, Corey McCormick, Anthony LoGerfo, Tato Melgar, Willie Nelson, Charris Ford, Dulcie Clarkson Ford

[schedule.sxsw.com]

Date: February 1, 2018 22:01

Neil Young & Promise Of The Real - "Almost Always"

[youtu.be]

Date: February 2, 2018 00:23

bye bye johnny
Neil Young & Promise Of The Real - "Almost Always"

[youtu.be]

Thanks - sweet video. thumbs up

As I had mentioned upon the first few listens back in December when this was first released.

"Almost Always is a weaker version of From Hank to Hendrix - nice tune though".

Let me revise that early impression to what I think of it now.:

"Almost Always is a variation of the classic From Hank to Hendrix, yet is an excellent tune on it's own merits that echoes of some of his best work throughout the decades"

And that movie mentioned above looks like it's going to be very interesting...."Genre: Fantasy, Music, Western"...Neil has been a busy man! thumbs up

Meanwhile, waiting for tour dates...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-02 00:25 by Hairball.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 5, 2018 01:49

Thanks for the Almost Always video. Daryl Hannah is making his videos now?

A fascinating version of Cortez the Killer from 2017 followed on my yt channel : [www.youtube.com]

The whole performance at Farm Aid 2017 : [www.youtube.com]

ha! You need to confirm your age to watch "Fucckin' Up" !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-05 02:06 by kowalski.

Date: February 16, 2018 18:21

“The greatest sounding vinyl releases, such as 'ROXY Tonight's the Night Live', our next release, are made from the original analog master mixes. That record sounds vibrant on a big system and brings back memories, not only of the great gig we had opening the Roxy, but of the beautiful sound of all releases from the original analog masters. Those who missed that and earlier records made that way when they first came out, may have missed the renaissance of recorded music.”

[www.neilyoungarchives.com]

Date: February 16, 2018 18:58

Neil Young fights for quality streaming with career-spanning online archive

By Randy Lewis Feb 14, 2018

Neil Young, shown in 2016 at Desert Trip in Indio (Luis Sinco / Los Angeles Times)

One of the elements of Neil Young's latest online music endeavor is a virtual meter at the top of the screen that looks and functions like a speedometer.

When any one of hundreds of available songs are pulled up out of a virtual file cabinet and played, the listener can watch the dial bounce back and forth as though motoring along an aural highway, the numbers running from a few hundred to the high 4,000s and low 5,000s.

What Young and his team have built in to share with archive visitors is the streaming rate at which songs are played back, numbers that are markedly higher than the standard streaming speed of 320 kilobits per second.

Techno-geek land? Well, yes. But that's a drum he's been beating throughout his career. Now with the Neil Young Archives, which launched Dec. 1 and is free for the first six months, Young aims to to demonstrate what's possible for music streaming today, by way of his own streaming platform, called Xstream..

"The thing is, I want the sound of music to come back — and it's gone," Young, 72, said while seated in a large, rustic chair in the front room of the Calabasas home of his longtime manager, Elliot Roberts. "CDs have less than 20% of the quality that music could be, and MP3s in most cases have only about 5% of what's on the master recording."

The archive also has a virtual switch next to the virtual meter that allows users to change the playback speed to standard internet streaming service speed, something visitors also can use if their internet service doesn't have sufficient bandwidth to accommodate the full-speed version.

The difference is quickly perceptible. Young likens basic streaming to looking at a grand landscape through a dirty window. Cleaning the window is the equivalent of a CD, while a full-fidelity master recording is akin to opening the window.

"It blows my mind what has happened right in front of us," said Young. He has previously released his music in high-quality audio formats such as high-definition CDs (HDCDs) and on Blu-ray audio with the 2010 physical version of the first volume of his long-term archive release project.

More recently, he set up his own high-resolution digital music store and playback system, Pono, which he shuttered last April about five years after introducing it.

Pono hit several roadblocks. It entered the market at a time when consumers were rapidly moving away from owning music and jumping to streaming services such as Spotify. Consumers also were shifting away from stand-alone players like iPods and using their smartphones to manage their music choices.

But for Young, the biggest hurdle for Pono was monetary.

"The record labels killed it," he said. "They killed it by insisting on charging two to three times as much for the high-res files as for MP3s. Why would anybody pay three times as much?"

Although he said that users downloaded more than 1 million high-resolution audio tracks from Pono, ultimately there wasn't sufficient momentum, or financial success.

"It's my feeling that all music should cost the same," he said. "The [high-resolution] file doesn't cost any more to transfer. And today with streaming, you don't have the problem [of unauthorized file sharing]. Who wants to copy something if you can stream it?

"The record companies, by charging three times as much for hi-res music as they charge for regular music, they've killed hi-res music," he said. "It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen."

Sonic fidelity is a big part of Neil Young Archives, but the rest of the site is created with similar attention to, and passion for, quality.

It's organized like an old metal file cabinet — complete with audible clicking and thunking of drawers. Virtual folders house music and memorabilia for each of Young's studio and live albums as well as rare tracks and unreleased material.

Within the folders are sub-folders for individual songs, often containing hand-scrawled lyrics, where Young aficionados will find that the original opening line of his song "Cinnamon Girl" was "I wish to marry a Cinnamon Girl," a line that soon morphed into "I want to live with a Cinnamon Girl."

There's also an interactive timeline that lets users discover when Young played his first show in the U.S. — Oct. 30, 1965, at the Wobbly Barn in Killington, Vt. — or the date "when Geffen Records sued [Young] for making music unrepresentative of himself (Dec. 1, 1983)." .

A search function quickly calls up a half-dozen different renditions of "Sugar Mountain."

"All I can do is take care of my music, so that's what I'm doing," he said.

The site does offer those still old-school enough to want to download songs or albums a mechanism for doing so, with hi-res versions selling for around $23 per single album — something Young said he would change if he could negotiate a lower price with the music conglomerates he's working with.

Not everything Young has released is up yet in high-resolution — notably his five '80s albums for Geffen Records, and the Buffalo Springfield box set — making it something of an ongoing work in progress. "We'll be continually adding content as it becomes available," manager Roberts said.

At the six-month mark, Young says he'll introduce a couple of levels of subscriptions for those who want continued access. Casual visitors will still be able to explore many aspects of the archive for free, but streaming will be limited to subscribers.

"This isn't really a streaming service, because it's just me and my music," he said.

"There's nothing stopping anybody else from doing this," he continued. "The record companies are in the way with the high prices. There should be hi-res streaming services everywhere."

[www.latimes.com]

Date: February 16, 2018 19:32

Thanks Cristiano, thanks bye bye johnny, and thanks Neil!

Now how about some tour dates!!!hot smiley

Date: February 16, 2018 21:18

From Leonie Cooper's NME interview with Noel Gallagher:

If you could work with anybody, who would it be?

I have to say, it would be Neil Young and Crazy Horse. If I could write a song and record it with them, it would be f*cking unbelievable.

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: February 16, 2018 22:21

"Last November, Neil Young tuned 72, but the old Canuck has still got tons of energy. He's released six studio albums in the last three-and-a-half years and now we learn that he's also shot a movie. It's called Paradox and it was directed by actress Daryl Hannah, who's currently dating Young. (Nice one, Neil.)"

Good or bad, I'd say that's a working artist/musician...

Date: February 16, 2018 23:26

WE NEED TOUR DATES...PLEASE

I am patiently waiting on Neil dates before I start buying for other shows!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 17, 2018 00:35

Rumour mill says fall tour.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 17, 2018 01:20

The full article from "NYA Times-Contrarian"

VINYL IS KING

NYA Tuesday, February 13, 2018

When we make a vinyl record, it is always taken from the master tapes. We get the best sound possible and it usually sounds better than the original vinyl. So many advances have been made in the technology of vinyl and we are taking advantage of them all. Re-mastering is supervised by John Hanlon and we use the very best mastering procedures and facilities available. Because of the care we take to check every one for flaws, our vinyl records are the closest you can get to the original master tapes.

There is always a source guide on our vinyl re-releases to tell you where the music came from. A lot of record companies use their CD masters for vinyl. Rest assured, we do not do that unless that is all we have and there are very few NY records that are CD masters. Harvest Moon is an example of one of those. We went back to the original SONY 1630 digital machine that CD was mixed to and made our vinyl from that master. Of the 50 plus records NY has made, there are only a handful that were made to CD masters. Most of these come from the late eighties and early nineties.

The greatest sounding vinyl releases, such as ‘ROXY Tonight’s the Night Live,’ our next release, are made from the original analog master mixes. That record sounds vibrant on a big system and brings back memories, not only of the great gig we had opening the Roxy, but of the beautiful sound of all releases from the original analog masters. Those who missed that and earlier records made that way when they first came out, may have missed the renaissance of recorded music.

When you listen to our vinyl, you are hearing the best we can make for you and we hope you enjoy each one as much as we do. We are proud of our quality. John Hanlon does a great job, usually working with Chris Bellman at Grundman Mastering in Los Angeles California.

Enjoy your vinyl records on a good record player. Do not use one that has Bluetooth or some other digital component because all of our hard work will be ruined by that inferior sound. You don’t need to be listening through that crap.

In addition, remember that new record players are almost always better than old ones because manufacturing tolerances have generally improved and the specs are tighter with most of the new players. Take the time to make sure you are listening to an all analog system with your vinyl. Don’t let anything in your system sample it and dummy it down from its original greatness. On old records that came from analog master tapes, nothing beats vinyl. There is a lot of junk out there. Spotify and the rest are trashing what you hear, and all the music ever made. Convenient? Yes. Good? NO.

Enjoy your music the way it was made.

NYA

Date: February 17, 2018 01:43

mosthigh
Rumour mill says fall tour.

So does the Neil Young Times-Contrarian - “Tour plans are forming now for the latter part of 2018.”

Date: February 19, 2018 23:33

MOJO 293 – April 2018: Neil Young

NEIL YOUNG – ROCK’S ULTIMATE REBEL – stars on an extra-special, gold-emblazoned MOJO cover. Inside, in a world-exclusive interview, he holds forth on Crazy Horse, Donald Trump, Spotify and more, while key collaborators offer insights into a career of doing the exact opposite of what’s expected.

[www.mojo4music.com]

Date: February 24, 2018 04:12

Neil Young Set To Release ROXY TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT LIVE On 4/21

Neil Young is set to release one of the most sought-after recordings from his vast archives, Roxy - Tonight's The Night Live on three-sided 2LP set exclusively on Record Store Day, April 21st. This was the first public performance of many of the songs that would make up Young's seminal album Tonight's The Night, which would not be released until June 1975. The album's final track "Walk On" would not appear until the release of On The Beach, in July 1974.

The Record Store Day Limited Edition pressing will include an exclusive print of the band live on stage at The Roxy. The standard vinyl edition (without print) CD and digital editions will follow on Tuesday, April 24th. Album pre-orders begin March 5.

As Young explains below, the all-star band - in this instance, Neil Young (guitars, vocals, piano), Ben Keith (pedal steel, slide guitars, vocals), Billy Talbot (bass), Ralph Molina (drums, vocals) and Nils Lofgren (piano, vocals, guitars) - completed the line-up known as the Santa Monica Flyers. Young would be the first artist to christen the stage at what would become one of the world's great clubs, The Roxy Theater on the riotous Sunset Strip, right next door to the already infamous Rainbow Bar & Grille. The shows took place on September 20-22, 1973.

Produced by Young and the late David Briggs, these resultant recordings were mixed by John Nowland with updated post-production and mastering by John Hanlon - along with Chris Bellman - at Bernie Grundman Mastering using the original analog master tape source. Close your eyes and you'll be right there in that dark, smoky, 500 capacity room in West, L.A. on a hot summer night in 1973.<

Tonight's The Night would go on to be named one of Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time, and universally praised for its dark honesty and unapologetic raw delivery. The very same can be said for Roxy - Tonight's The Night Live.

Young explains how Roxy - Tonight's the Night Live came to be:

"In 1973, I drove my 1947 Buick Roadmaster, Black Queen, to LA from the North, accompanied by Ben Keith. Once we made it to Hollywood, we met up with Billy Talbot and Ralph Molina. Nils Lofgren joined us and we drove to Studio Instrument Rentals on Santa Monica Blvd. David Briggs, producer, and Johnny Talbot, equipment manager, met us there. They had blasted a hole in the wall to connect the green board which we had set up (an old tube board I had purchased that had been used recording many historic sessions from the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds to Monterey Pop Festival, among many others) next to the rehearsal hall. Our 16-track analog tape machine was set up next to the board. We had finished recording TTN and decided to celebrate with a gig at a new club opening on the Sunset Strip, the ROXY. We went there and recorded for a few nights, opening the ROXY. We really knew the Tonight's the Night songs so we just played them again, the album, top to bottom, two sets a night for a few days. We had a great time. ROXY -Tonight's the Night Live is the live recording we made. There is a little Super 8 footage of us driving to the gig in the Black Queen one of those nights."

Track listing for ROXY - Tonight's The Night Live:

Side 1:

1. Tonight's The Night
2. Mellow My Mind
3. World On A String

Side 2:

1. Speakin' Out
2. Albuquerque
3. New Mama
4. Roll Another Number (For The Road)

Side 3:

1. Tired Eyes
2. Tonight's The Night
3. Walk On

Side 4:

Etched artwork

[www.broadwayworld.com]

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: February 24, 2018 04:27

Cristiano Radtke

Side 1:

1. Tonight's The Night
2. Mellow My Mind
3. World On A String

Side 2:

1. Speakin' Out
2. Albuquerque
3. New Mama

Side 3:

1. Tired Eyes
2. Tonight's The Night
3. Walk On

Side 4:

Etched artwork

[www.broadwayworld.com]

Do you know if he recorded Borrowed Tune that night? Or is it not included for copyright or financial/legal reasons (i.e., (and ironically) because it's a borrowed tune)? Either way, its absence is a deal-breaker for me ... easily the greatest track on the disc, IMO.

Drew

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 24, 2018 04:28

Love Neil.

In a related note, according to David Crosby (few days ago via Twitter) Neil is now the only holdout to a CSN&Y reunion. David has talked a lot recently about wanting to reunite for a series of protest concerts. Know there's extremely bad blood between them, but that would be pretty powerful musically and socially if they did a few gigs with perhaps even a few new songs (also mentioned by Croz).

Date: February 24, 2018 04:54

drewmaster
Cristiano Radtke

Side 1:

1. Tonight's The Night
2. Mellow My Mind
3. World On A String

Side 2:

1. Speakin' Out
2. Albuquerque
3. New Mama

Side 3:

1. Tired Eyes
2. Tonight's The Night
3. Walk On

Side 4:

Etched artwork

[www.broadwayworld.com]

Do you know if he recorded Borrowed Tune that night? Or is it not included for copyright or financial/legal reasons (i.e., (and ironically) because it's a borrowed tune)? Either way, its absence is a deal-breaker for me ... easily the greatest track on the disc, IMO.

Drew

No,according to SugarMountain.org. The only difference was the last song on each concert, varying from Walk On, The Losing End, Cowgirl in the Sand and Down by The River.

BTW, Borrowed Tune was played live only 9 times, all in January, 1973.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-24 05:18 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: February 24, 2018 05:40

Seems Neil Young is EVERYWHERE these days, and soon to be back on the road.thumbs up

As for Crosby, seems typical of him trying to jump on the bandwagon and/or jump in the limelight that's shining on Neil right now.
While those CSNY reunions were nice, they never fully lived up to expectations. (I saw one of the reunion shows at the Hollywood Bowl in '06).
At this point Neil is better on how own imo.

Plus, Crosby calling Neil's gal Darryl Hannah "a purely poisonous predator" a couple of years ago pretty much sealed his fate as an enemy.
While time heals wounds, stubborn Neil doesn't seem the type to bury the hatchet on that.

And talking about Stephen Stills and Graham Nash a couple of years ago:

"Steven's voice is nowhere near what it was. Nowhere near. He knows it, and he's trying hard to counteract it"
"(Graham) is close to what he was. But he hasn't got quite the clarity on the edge that he used to have."

So while this reunion talk might sound nice in Crosby's mind, it would probably be an anticlimactic outing based on Crosby's own words, and the reunions of the past.

PS - Pretty sure Crosby also became enemies with Graham Nash last year - forget the reason (s) why, but it was all in the press. Maybe Graham has forgiven him?

Date: February 24, 2018 05:56

Hairball
Seems Neil Young is EVERYWHERE these days, and soon to be back on the road.thumbs up

He has at least one solo concert planned for April 21:

"Neil Young, Stephen Stills, Burt Bacharach, Judy Collins, Sheryl Crow, Chris Stills, Oliver Stills, Benmont Tench, Mike Campbell, Steve Ferrone, and emcee Jack Black, plus many special guests, will return to Los Angeles on Saturday, April 21 at the Dolby Theatre for the 5th Annual Light Up The Blues Concert—An Evening of Music to Benefit Autism Speaks, the world’s largest autism science and advocacy organization. Hosted once again by Kristen and Stephen Stills, the event will also feature performances by three artists with autism. Produced by Nederlander Concerts, the benefit concert will begin at 7:30 P.M."

[dolbytheatre.com]

Date: February 24, 2018 07:29

Cristiano Radtke
Hairball

He has at least one solo concert planned for April 21:

"Neil Young, Stephen Stills, Burt Bacharach, Judy Collins, Sheryl Crow, Chris Stills, Oliver Stills, Benmont Tench, Mike Campbell, Steve Ferrone, and emcee Jack Black, plus many special guests, will return to Los Angeles on Saturday, April 21 at the Dolby Theatre for the 5th Annual Light Up The Blues Concert—An Evening of Music to Benefit Autism Speaks, the world’s largest autism science and advocacy organization. Hosted once again by Kristen and Stephen Stills, the event will also feature performances by three artists with autism. Produced by Nederlander Concerts, the benefit concert will begin at 7:30 P.M."

[dolbytheatre.com]

I was going to go to the 4th Annual a couple of years ago the Pantages Theater, but tix were a bit expensive being that it was a benefit, and by the time I looked there were only slim pickings.
Worthy cause for sure, but not sure I'd consider it a "solo concert" per se as there's so many others in the lineup.

Light Up The Blues 2016

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home