Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: She's so cold
Posted by: Niek ()
Date: October 17, 2017 13:25

I heard the song with the sound check so it wasn't a suprise for them.
For me, it was the highlight of the show.

The YouTube video give only 50% of the live experience.
Mick was on fire. He really was singing his heart out on this!

In my opinion Mick sings often without emotion, like Keith, but in Arnhem he did!
With the singing he also throws water, his shirt, and other signs that he was really into it.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: October 17, 2017 13:41

Niek
I heard the song with the sound check so it wasn't a suprise for them.
For me, it was the highlight of the show.

The YouTube video give only 50% of the live experience.
Mick was on fire. He really was singing his heart out on this!

In my opinion Mick sings often without emotion, like Keith, but in Arnhem he did!
With the singing he also throws water, his shirt, and other signs that he was really into it.

Mick is great, and we can say a lot about Keith's singing, but it's always been emotional – for me, at least smiling smiley

Re: smiling smileyRe: She's so cold
Posted by: star star 1 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 14:00

If you are playing this song with any band you will have problems with the bridge on it. That is what happens to Keith, he comes in too early. The thing of she's so cold is the remembering of the 81/82 tours, it will never be the same...

Date: October 17, 2017 14:02

star star 1
If you are playing this song with any band you will have problems with the bridge on it. That is what happens to Keith, he comes in too early. The thing of she's so cold is the remembering of the 81/82 tours, it will never be the same...

The bridge starts with the very same chord he already had down: G. How did he come in too early?

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 17, 2017 14:07

DandelionPowderman
star star 1

The bridge starts with the very same chord he already had down: G. How did he come in too early?

Keith thought the bridge was due before it actually was, probably cause Ronnie played a lick similar to the bridge-lick. You could clearly see the confusion on Keith's face. But it didn't sound odd since it was the same chord, and those in the audience who aren't maniacs like us probably didn't notice anything.

Date: October 17, 2017 14:13

TheBlockbuster
DandelionPowderman
star star 1

Keith thought the bridge was due before it actually was, probably cause Ronnie played a lick similar to the bridge-lick. You could clearly see the confusion on Keith's face. But it didn't sound odd since it was the same chord, and those in the audience who aren't maniacs like us probably didn't notice anything.

Ah, that! Those things happen numerous times with the Stones. Always have smiling smiley

I thought he meant that Keith did the G/F lick too early, but I didn't hear it. That would have been something else..

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 15:28

Palace Revolution 2000
Only shaky one is Mick who seems to looking down left for the lyric monitor constantly. You can see him loading up for the next verse "Oh it's the ice cream cone verse.."
Yup, that's what I saw. Mick looked like he was scrambling for the lyrics constantly...Keith, Ronnie and Charlie largely played with confidence.

Date: October 17, 2017 22:23

@dandelionpowderman

English is not my native language. Maybe my translation was bad.
I meant: Keith always sings with emotion but Mick not.
In Arnhem he did.

Date: October 17, 2017 22:48

Niek
@dandelionpowderman

In Arnhem he did.

All good, Niek - I agree smileys with beer

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 18, 2017 04:16

DandelionPowderman
Niek
@dandelionpowderman

In Arnhem he did.

With just 2 songs to sing that almost never change it should not be too hard to throw everything you got into the ring...

Date: October 18, 2017 08:42

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Niek
@dandelionpowderman

In Arnhem he did.

With just 2 songs to sing that almost never change it should not be too hard to throw everything you got into the ring...

It's just the style and approach that is different. He sings like that for full shows as well (Winos).

Mick is the kind of frontman that has to do other things as well. Unavoidably, that will hurt his singing. I accept that, and wouldn't really have it any other way. He's the best frontmann there is, after all smiling smiley

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: October 18, 2017 09:04

Mick knew that the woman who inspired the song was in the audience. She's unknown to practically everyone. Kept it a secret all these years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-18 09:05 by chatoyancy.

Date: October 18, 2017 10:11

chatoyancy
Mick knew that the woman who inspired the song was in the audience. She's unknown to practically everyone. Kept it a secret all these years.

You mean she was there at the Arnhem-show? Ha! That's cool thumbs up

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: October 18, 2017 11:52

chatoyancy

Yep, "She" was present at the Arnhem gig (a beauty indeed, looking remarkably well-preserved smiling smiley)

BTW, I thoroughly dug the performance of SSC - it ROCKED and got me dancing around the room! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 18, 2017 12:27

Now THiS is intriguing... smoking smiley

Any pointers we can share without spilling beans and/or invading someone's privacy??

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 18, 2017 16:09

DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Niek
@dandelionpowderman

In Arnhem he did.

It's just the style and approach that is different. He sings like that for full shows as well (Winos).

Mick is the kind of frontman that has to do other things as well. Unavoidably, that will hurt his singing. I accept that, and wouldn't really have it any other way. He's the best frontmann there is, after all smiling smiley

That's what I've meant. Plus, listening to vintage shows like Roundhouse (Stray Cat Blues for example) - if Mick would even try to sing like that nowadays, his voice would be killed a few songs into the set already. THAT emotion, THAT energy, no boundaries, no limits. These moments are rare by now, due to the pure professional/economical requirements to deliver a show (singing + performance) at this age for two hours plus while at the same time not killing his voice for the next show. However, in these rare moments when he's still giving everything (I recall That's How Strong My Love Is at Cirkus Krone in Munich for example) he still sounds like a man possessed, leaving everyone in the audience simply stunned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-18 18:53 by retired_dog.

Date: October 18, 2017 16:25

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Niek
@dandelionpowderman

In Arnhem he did.

That's what I've meant. Plus, listening to vintage shows like Roundhouse (Stray Cat Blues for example) - if Mick would even try to sing like that nowadays, his voice would be killed a few songs into the set already. THAT emotion, THAT energy, no boundaries, no limits. These moments are rare by now, due to the pure professional/economical requirements to deliver a show (singing + performance) at this age for two hours plus while at the same time not killing his voice for the next show. However, in these rare moments when he's still giving everything (I recall That's How Strong My Love Is at Cirkus Krone in Munich for example) he still sounds like a man possessed, leaving everyone in the audience simoly stunned.

Indeed!

But Mick's way of singing emotional is different to that of Keith's. After all, they are two different persons smiling smiley

Within Mick's emotions are also the «larger than life»-attitude, the wild rocker, the arrogant, cocky-Mick, the unobtainable persona as well as the straight-forward singer-Mick.

I think the studio versions of songs like As Tears Go By and Moonlight Mile are the best comparisons to what Keith does on Slipping Away (not in quality, but in what they are actually giving away with their performances).

Mick has so many more facets as a singer and a performer than Keith – to play on. People are used to getting that, and would miss something if he just stood there and chose to sing his heart out and forgot about the rest. I would miss those things, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-18 16:27 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 18, 2017 18:48

I love them both doing what they do. But it was a very special to see Mick this way.
He flew sky high

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home