Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15
Re: Arnhem The Netherlands 15-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 24, 2017 15:45

That was nice to hear!
Today I ran into somebody who went to see the Stones in Arnhem. Originally the guy was not able to buy tickets (sold out), but when a second announcement came, telling that extra tickets were put on sale, he managed to get two. The tickets however were labelled "limited view" (but still 145 Euro). While waiting in line with his friend, suddenly people with ticket scanners appeared and after their tickets were scanned, they (among others) were asked to come with them. Long story, but "limited view" actually meant "no view" and the Stones organization had found out about it. They were offered places front of stage (!), but both had back problems so on request they "ended up" on velvet seats cool smiley half way the stadium. This happened to many others, apparently. No idea whether it was mentioned anywhere else on IORR, but I felt I had to mention this very fine news!

Date: October 24, 2017 15:49

georgie48
That was nice to hear!
Today I ran into somebody who went to see the Stones in Arnhem. Originally the guy was not able to buy tickets (sold out), but when a second announcement came, telling that extra tickets were put on sale, he managed to get two. The tickets however were labelled "limited view" (but still 145 Euro). While waiting in line with his friend, suddenly people with ticket scanners appeared and after their tickets were scanned, they (among others) were asked to come with them. Long story, but "limited view" actually meant "no view" and the Stones organization had found out about it. They were offered places front of stage (!), but both had back problems so on request they "ended up" on velvet seats cool smiley half way the stadium. This happened to many others, apparently. No idea whether it was mentioned anywhere else on IORR, but I felt I had to mention this very fine news!
In Arnhem they had no lightning towers, never saw that before so you would say there would be less obstructed seats.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 24, 2017 15:55

PaintMonkeyManBlack
georgie48
That was nice to hear!
In Arnhem they had no lightning towers, never saw that before so you would say there would be less obstructed seats.
There were still plenty of empty seats at both far ends parallel to the stage, simply because from those positions you could only see the side of the stage and no good or any view of the stage (where it's all about, I would say). Ticketmaster simply wants so sell as many tickets as possible and it wouldn't surprise me that they "crossed the limit" in Arnhem ...

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: October 15, 2018 22:15

my Facebook just reminded me this is A YEAR ago tonight. What a fabulous gig this was, smallest venue of the tour I think and the Stones really in their stride. I flew from Manchester to Amsterdam the morning off the gig, train down to Arnhem, checked in and then a lovely day after making my way back to Amsterdam via a stop in utrecht for an evening flight home. I was sat next to a bloke who'd made the trip from Rome, and i've been lucky enough to see the Stones three times sine (London 1, coventry, Manchester). Time flies when you're having fun!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-15 22:16 by yorkshirestone.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 15, 2018 22:43

Good of you to remember Yorkshirestone,

It was a great,intimate concert. and a warm day it was. Lots of people at the korenmarkt, with all the pubs.
More n more fans streaming in and having fun.
reminded me of Lucca 2017. i had lived in Arnhem for 30 years.

I was fortunate enough, to see the Stones leaving the gig. i was outside, having a smoke n a beer, while waiting for friends.
Ronnie waved and bham, they were gone.

jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-15 22:43 by corriecas.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 15, 2018 22:58

The same thing happened to me and I never thought to mention it here until now. My ticket was scanned, then I had to move to a special line where I was provided other ticket options because of the obstructed view. I compared seat’s, and nothing changed, only I was closer to the stage. Kinda like an episode of Fawlty Towers.

Ya, one year ago Yorkshirestone, and the best shows are the ones where you are able to ride a bike from the Hostel or hotel to the arena.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1929
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home