Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15
Re: Arnhem The Netherlands 15-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: latcho ()
Date: October 17, 2017 06:38

Posted by: Wickylah ()
Date: October 17, 2017 06:38

She's so Cold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXbO1BV46Os

Dancing With Mr D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8pVb7SJBGg

Heb je even voor mij (rare)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H78ElA6pZ3I

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-17 06:40 by Wickylah.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 07:11

latcho

Thanks Latcho!
This picture means a lot to me.
And to Keith: no worries, see you again next year cool smiley

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 17, 2017 07:22

Stone4ferever, I just listened to some clips, again. I think Ronnie sounds as good and powerful as he was when he started the tour. He's excellent!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 17, 2017 07:39

latcho
Wow another great shot of Keith!!! thumbs up

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 17, 2017 09:36

Green Lady
syrel
stone4ever
Just to put the record straight, when Keith starts songs like SMU and JJF with a loud opening chord and then a pause, and then he starts the intro properly, IT IS NOT A MISTAKE. He is doing it on purpose. I love it , it brings the crowd on and its exciting. All this BS that Keith was starting Brown Sugar instead of SMU is rubbish.

I don't disagree with your overall perspective, but he DEFFINITELY started playing the riff to BS when it should have been SMU. He stopped, held a pointed finger up in a kind of 'aha!' pose, and then started SMU as normal. Not a musical mistake, just a case of forgetting the setlist. By the time he corrected himself, I had already had time to think 'that's odd, they've changed the order' before laughing along with Keith.

syrel

Agreed that the slow starts are sometimes deliberate - but that wasn't a slow Start Me Up, that was Brown Sugar.

Ok i hear what you are saying, but i like to look at it like this.
If we get the start of the intro to Brown Sugar as a warm up for an excellent intro on SMU, i look at it as a bit extra for free. Its not a mistake, its extra for free from Keith winking smiley

Date: October 17, 2017 10:24

laertisflash]
Stone4ferever, I just listened to some clips, again. I think Ronnie sounds as good and powerful as he was when he started the tour. He's excellent!

I agree laetisflash, Ronnie is putting everything he has into it, and he is still hanging in there with excellent results most of the time, but he appears to be strained and his playing seems forced, like in Rambler for instance and his SMU solo. When he started this tour he was so energized i have never seen him so enthusiastic and enjoying himself, he was jumping and moving all over the stage like a teenager.
Maybe its me, i just think sometimes he looks exhausted and a little more drained that in the first 5 or 6 shows.
Mind you its easy to forget their ages, some of these pictures remind us that the Stones are their age, they look like men in their 50's on the mobile camera film at a distance when they are in motion but not so young close up in certain pics.
Personally i love these close up pics, and i think the Stones are to be admired for never resorting to the sort of cosmetic surgery of someone like Madonna or Rod Stewart.
The Stones wear their age with pride, and so they should, they become more fascinating and charismatic with more stage presence the older they get imho.

I know i'm rambling on a bit this morning but there is something i want to say to everyone concerning Keith and his so called peeing himself.
If that were true and he did do that, don't people think he would be wearing black jeans or black trousers from that point on. I honestly think he spilled a drink on himself when he went out back before the encore.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 17, 2017 11:55

Now that the dust has more or less settled, I’d like to bring something up that really moved me in Arnhem, Sunday. About an hour or so before the start of opening act Leon Bridges (kudos to him, despite the terrible sound in the hall…) my party & I saw a guy being wheeled in on an ambulance bed by two nurses/ care takers. He was positioned on the wheelchair stand; he seemed quite unable to move (not exactly paralised, but definitely limited in his movements and most probably in quite a lot of pain when doing so). We lost sight of him, because at that time we were standing at the pit entrance right hand side, waiting to get in there – from there, we were about 25 to 35 metres away from that wheelchair stand. But naturally, when (finally!) allowd entrance to Keith’s pit side, we lost sight & track. I vividly remember he was wearing a black T-shirt with the big red tongue fully frontal; and I just hope he had a ball...

Now I don’t know this guy’s story; he looked about 50, wearing glasses, and seemed kinda skinny… And obviously I don’t know exactly what state he was in healthwise. Maybe – and I sincerely hope so… – he was just recovering from a bad case of hickups, and he’s alright today or will be tomorrow, or in the very near future. But lets say all possible scenarios on the health front seemed plausible... including the worst ones.

So again, I sincerely hope that this guy left the Gelredome like we all did: with a huge, facewide grin… high on R’n’R!; and maybe even - just like me! - a tiny bit stoopid lookin’... =o)) And naturally, I wish him all the best!!
I’m sharing this because, as said, this really moved me (I truely felt connected to that guy, in some way…) – but also, because imo it shows exactly ànd in a very, very beautiful way, what this band evokes – what this band is capable of.

If anybody noticed this guy too, and has something to add/ share here, feel free. Also, I’d be be happy to know more about this dude. I don’t want to intrude in any way, and maybe (or even quite possibly) some details are not at all suitable for a public forum (my e-mail address is not hidden, so PM’s are welcome). But if, let’s say, a heartfelt “Get well Soon!!” card out of Antwerp, Belgium on behalf of my Lady & me would be welcome: then I’d love to know where to send it to.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 17, 2017 12:13

latcho

Man, do they look cool, or what???
Fantastic picture. This picture mirrors the show!

And I was there.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: October 17, 2017 12:46

RoughJusticeOnYa
Now that the dust has more or less settled, I’d like to bring something up that really moved me in Arnhem, Sunday. About an hour or so before the start of opening act Leon Bridges (kudos to him, despite the terrible sound in the hall…) my party & I saw a guy being wheeled in on an ambulance bed by two nurses/ care takers. He was positioned on the wheelchair stand; he seemed quite unable to move (not exactly paralised, but definitely limited in his movements and most probably in quite a lot of pain when doing so). We lost sight of him, because at that time we were standing at the pit entrance right hand side, waiting to get in there – from there, we were about 25 to 35 metres away from that wheelchair stand. But naturally, when (finally!) allowd entrance to Keith’s pit side, we lost sight & track. I vividly remember he was wearing a black T-shirt with the big red tongue fully frontal; and I just hope he had a ball...

Now I don’t know this guy’s story; he looked about 50, wearing glasses, and seemed kinda skinny… And obviously I don’t know exactly what state he was in healthwise. Maybe – and I sincerely hope so… – he was just recovering from a bad case of hickups, and he’s alright today or will be tomorrow, or in the very near future. But lets say all possible scenarios on the health front seemed plausible... including the worst ones.

So again, I sincerely hope that this guy left the Gelredome like we all did: with a huge, facewide grin… high on R’n’R!; and maybe even - just like me! - a tiny bit stoopid lookin’... =o)) And naturally, I wish him all the best!!
I’m sharing this because, as said, this really moved me (I truely felt connected to that guy, in some way…) – but also, because imo it shows exactly ànd in a very, very beautiful way, what this band evokes – what this band is capable of.

If anybody noticed this guy too, and has something to add/ share here, feel free. Also, I’d be be happy to know more about this dude. I don’t want to intrude in any way, and maybe (or even quite possibly) some details are not at all suitable for a public forum (my e-mail address is not hidden, so PM’s are welcome). But if, let’s say, a heartfelt “Get well Soon!!” card out of Antwerp, Belgium on behalf of my Lady & me would be welcome: then I’d love to know where to send it to.

Maybe this is your man, and his story. He has ALS a bad disease. :-(

[www.omroepgelderland.nl]

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: October 17, 2017 13:06

Niek
RoughJusticeOnYa

Thx for that, Niek.
Could very well be!
Although I must say: he does not exactly look like 'the one'...
(a.o. he's not as skinny, 'my' dude seemed to have dark/-er hair, and this buddy Leendert here doesn't wear glasses.)

But anyway: what a ball it must have been for this guy (as well)!

info in this article that Niek 's sharing with us, roughly translated:
Dutch guy Leendert Van Dis, aged 52, is suffering from ALS (amyotrofic lateral sclerosis), a really bad muscle disease - at first, he couldn't get tickets for the disabled stand in Arnhem, due to a sell-out of that section; but after a public call he was able to score these tix, and cried his eyes out of happiness. Here's to you, Leendert! Hope you loved it & enjoyed it the way we all did.)

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: October 17, 2017 13:15

georgie48
stone4ever
By th way Lox, great pics, I must have been almost behind you ... and my daughter was the lucky one to get Mick's T-Shirt after some, peaceful but solid wrestling smileys with beer

Great for you and your daughter. I am glad that some devoted fans got it!
Did you saw the message with video from The Stones with the question who catches the shirt?

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: October 17, 2017 14:04

You Can't Always Get What You Want

My video of You Can't Always Get What You Want
I've seen them live many times. This was the best of all, very sentimental one.
The Greatest Rock 'N' Roll Band of the world.

Date: October 17, 2017 14:11

dimrstone
You Can't Always Get What You Want

My video of You Can't Always Get What You Want
I've seen them live many times. This was the best of all, very sentimental one.
The Greatest Rock 'N' Roll Band of the world.

A GREAT version! Lovely thumbs up

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 17, 2017 14:42

latcho

Best picture that I've seen in a long time

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: October 17, 2017 14:47

Harm
latcho

Keith seems to have has lost a bit of weight - loos good here

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: October 17, 2017 15:10

RoughJusticeOnYa
Niek
RoughJusticeOnYa

Thx for that, Niek.
Could very well be!
Although I must say: he does not exactly look like 'the one'...
(a.o. he's not as skinny, 'my' dude seemed to have dark/-er hair, and this buddy Leendert here doesn't wear glasses.)

But anyway: what a ball it must have been for this guy (as well)!

info in this article that Niek 's sharing with us, roughly translated:
Dutch guy Leendert Van Dis, aged 52, is suffering from ALS (amyotrofic lateral sclerosis), a really bad muscle disease - at first, he couldn't get tickets for the disabled stand in Arnhem, due to a sell-out of that section; but after a public call he was able to score these tix, and cried his eyes out of happiness. Here's to you, Leendert! Hope you loved it & enjoyed it the way we all did.)

There were 2 people there in such a bed. Both with ambulance and care tanker, both there by a ‘last wish’ kinda foundation

Date: October 17, 2017 15:16

Rik

There were 2 people there in such a bed. Both with ambulance and care tanker, both there by a ‘last wish’ kinda foundation

Thx Rik!

Posted by: Salan ()
Date: October 17, 2017 15:38

RoughJusticeOnYa
Rik

Thx Rik!

Yes, there were two of them. Due to troubles with our booked seats we were placed directly behind them front row.We were allowed to stand, because the beds were very high. The sight there was very good to the catwalk as well as to the stage. Hope for both of them that they could have enjoyed the show.

off topic: By the way: @niek – it was nice to meet you the day before on Korenmarkt during the gig of the stolling rones – we are the two from Germany winking smiley

Date: October 17, 2017 15:53

Niek
georgie48
stone4ever
By th way Lox, great pics, I must have been almost behind you ... and my daughter was the lucky one to get Mick's T-Shirt after some, peaceful but solid wrestling smileys with beer

Great for you and your daughter. I am glad that some devoted fans got it!
Did you saw the message with video from The Stones with the question who catches the shirt?

Some sort of mix up here Niek, i didn't post that, i wasn't there and i don't have a daughter.
I agree though, lovely pics, the coolest 70 something year old's on the planet. smileys with beer

PS. now my post is under Niek's quote, confused, i am stone4ever. Not sure whats going on here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-17 16:06 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 17, 2017 16:54

I read a few pages back that some folks were fighting over that T shirt.

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: October 17, 2017 17:00

EJM
Harm
latcho

Keith seems to have has lost a bit of weight - loos good here
He did lose some weight, the tour is good for him, Happy exercise !!!

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: October 17, 2017 17:18

Koen

Yes, two groups of people were arguing over it for a loooong time. It fell around five yards in front of me (drat!).

syrel

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 18:41

Koen

Don't worry Koen, my daughter was initially competing with six men (!). I started to help her en soon four decided to quit. Then during two songs (really!), it was father and son against daughter and son. My daughter came out as the winner, but today I sent the loosing son some quite interesting Stones memorabilia (not the T-shirt though cool smiley ) to compensate somewhat for the disappointment.
All is well, the T-shirt is in no way smelly (Mick had a black one underneath) and surprising in good shape considering the original seven pulling people grinning smiley
My, honest, first thought was, when I saw Mick throwing the shirt, "Mick, what are you doing?" (I saw some terrible scenes a few decades ago), but here you are, now its a great Arnhem memory within the family.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: October 17, 2017 19:32

Congratulations - I'm so jealous!

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 19:37

georgie48
Koen

Don't worry Koen, my daughter was initially competing with six men (!). I started to help her en soon four decided to quit. Then during two songs (really!), it was father and son against daughter and son. My daughter came out as the winner, but today I sent the loosing son some quite interesting Stones memorabilia (not the T-shirt though cool smiley ) to compensate somewhat for the disappointment.
All is well, the T-shirt is in no way smelly (Mick had a black one underneath) and surprising in good shape considering the original seven pulling people grinning smiley
My, honest, first thought was, when I saw Mick throwing the shirt, "Mick, what are you doing?" (I saw some terrible scenes a few decades ago), but here you are, now its a great Arnhem memory within the family.

Sorry, I think this is a bit sad. Competing during 2 songs??? For a shirt? Man, you must be desperate.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 17, 2017 19:46

Congrats to you and your daughter, georgie 48! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out thumbs up

Also, nice of you to send the son that memorabilia.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 17, 2017 20:02

jackflash27
Sorry, I think this is a bit sad. Competing during 2 songs??? For a shirt? Man, you must be desperate.

".. a shirt.." smoking smiley

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 17, 2017 20:13

Woo woo Wooooo

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 17, 2017 20:18

We witnessed the shirt-throwing.
Afterwards we talked about it: Five hands on it...and then?
We would have cut it into 5 pieces. Easily.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home