Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15
Re: Arnhem The Netherlands 15-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: Niek ()
Date: October 16, 2017 20:59

Okay I am still exhausted from yesterday but I really like to share my view.

My son and me took the line at 14.30. In front of me a Polish father and daughter wo were there from 4 am! We came in at 1600 but the Stones wanted to do a late sound check so it was about 6pm we could get in. Hearing sound check was great and after each number the waiters were yelling and clapping loudly.we had a good place on the rail, premium on the edge Keiths side.
Inside we saw that very strange filling from Pit. First it was Ronnies side filling up. On Keiths side there was a barrier. Just before Leon Bridges started the people for Keith side came in. They forcing the barriers aside and security get angry. Then there were just en few people in. After a while it was filling up mostly with celebrity's. you can see it from mace up and clothes. I think that Keith knew it because he was very often on Ronnies side. During the concert some people get drunk in that Pit. I was glad that I stood Premium. People were also walking around and leaving early there.

Leon Bridges was good! And he got a good response from the crowd too!

So, but that was the beginning and the Stones...

With sfd the crowd screams so hard I couldn't hear the music anymore.
The crowd was very enthusiastic: singing, clapping and dancing, great atmosphere. During Hony Tonk there was a lady on the neck of a man with only her bra and trousers on. Mick and keith ignore her but Daryll was laughing.

Mick was incredible. He was dancing like mad. Throwing water in public on left and front side. It was very hot inside and a saw three women faded out.
Mick throw even his shirt in public! Al the arms that were reaching!
From 'she is so cold' it was like a lucifer burnt him on.
Lots of dutch speaking, and yes, he tasted the Arnhemse meisjes.

Keith singling and playing was good. My son is a huge keith fan and he wanted so much more than two songs. Me too.

There were lots of kids inside. Very young also. Sound was very, very hard. My ears still ringing now. (Yes, i know that I must wear ear protectors)

I am not sure wich song it was, I thought satisfaction but in the end of the song Keith and Mick hooked arms with each other. Big smiles and more interaction between them than Amsterdam.

You got to move during Rambler.

Ronnie was more impressive in Amsterdam.

Charlie, you can see his arms punching with such power on drums.

Satisfaction one big crazy...I am sorry but can't find the words in English to express that.

And I realise now there was no firework! (Or I really lost my memory now)

The final bow [youtu.be]

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-16 22:03 by Niek.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: October 16, 2017 21:09

Actually the 'mistake' in Brown Sugar was not entirely Keith's. Surely the stretch between his second and third chords strokes is particularly lazy (which doesn't sound like a mistake but rather a part of Keith playing with the groove), but since there actually three more syncopathed strokes before the drums enter on count three it's actually Charlie who turns around the beat as soon as he enters. After that 'miscommunication' it takes some time for everybody to get into the same groove again.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: October 16, 2017 21:13

Mick Jagger visits museum Ruurlo.
[www.gelderlander.nl]

Live blog Gelderlander.
[www.gelderlander.nl]

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 16, 2017 21:46

Guns N' Roses show.
MSG NYC.
Jam tonight I think.

[www.instagram.com]

damnation
So where was Angus Young?

Packing his suitcase for Paris?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-16 22:10 by powerage78.

Date: October 16, 2017 21:52

For those who voted for 'Just My Imagination': [www.youtube.com]

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 16, 2017 21:52

Britney
Actually the 'mistake' in Brown Sugar was not entirely Keith's. Surely the stretch between his second and third chords strokes is particularly lazy (which doesn't sound like a mistake but rather a part of Keith playing with the groove), but since there actually three more syncopathed strokes before the drums enter on count three it's actually Charlie who turns around the beat as soon as he enters. After that 'miscommunication' it takes some time for everybody to get into the same groove again.

Once again Ronnie did that. He stood between them and played the rhythm
loud and strong, looking at both Keith and Charlie until Keith got back in.
I´d say it was mainly Charlie´s "fault". Reminded me of She´s So Cold Wembley ´82.
Pure fun.

What a great band. Fantastic show, 10 ot of 10 points. We just had a 100%
guitar rock show yesterday! Everything was perfect.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: October 16, 2017 21:54

stone4ever
Just to put the record straight, when Keith starts songs like SMU and JJF with a loud opening chord and then a pause, and then he starts the intro properly, IT IS NOT A MISTAKE. He is doing it on purpose. I love it , it brings the crowd on and its exciting. All this BS that Keith was starting Brown Sugar instead of SMU is rubbish.

I don't disagree with your overall perspective, but he DEFFINITELY started playing the riff to BS when it should have been SMU. He stopped, held a pointed finger up in a kind of 'aha!' pose, and then started SMU as normal. Not a musical mistake, just a case of forgetting the setlist. By the time he corrected himself, I had already had time to think 'that's odd, they've changed the order' before laughing along with Keith.

syrel

Date: October 16, 2017 22:00

tioms
If you want to see a living juke box? Go to see the Stones!
I've seen them from 1973 till now, 50-60 times? they where no better than in '73, '76, '82.From '90 Urban Jungle tour= commercial. (European Tours)

As I said in the Dusseldorf thread, the 2017 version of The Rolling Stones is not the same as the 1972 version, but it doesn't matter. They are still a good band now, which is all we can ask. But, please, don't pretend that they weren't commercial in 1973, 1976 and 1982. They have been commercial since the very beginning, and that doesn't matter either. In fact, it's an important part of why they are/have been so good.

syrel

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 16, 2017 22:14

powerage78
Guns N' Roses show.
MSG NYC.
Jam tonight I think.

Warming up for the Stones doing some Riff Raff.... some good exercice grinning smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 16, 2017 22:45

I love how uneven the Stones are. Judging by video Brown Sugar and Start Me Up was way better in Stockholm, while Street Fighting Man and Sympathy For The Devil was better yesterday in Arnhem. It makes them so exciting to follow, bands like Kiss sounds almost exactly the same every night.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-16 22:50 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 16, 2017 22:50

And Rosie.
No jam on this RS Tour.

damnation
powerage78
Guns N' Roses show.
MSG NYC.
Jam tonight I think.

Warming up for the Stones doing some Riff Raff.... some good exercice grinning smiley grinning smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 16, 2017 23:01

So it turns out that Keith's only mistake turns out to be Charlies mistake, which is exactly how i saw it. Keith keeps doing this dummy run start that i like before the real intro , trouble is Charlie is not used to it and comes in too early. I wish people would cut Keith some slack, he is on the verge of greatness again. Pity there isn't a couple weeks break and then another 14 shows.
Mick and Keith are really hitting their stride now.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 16, 2017 23:05

Amazing pics lox! thumbs up
I especially like this one... perfect!

lox

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 16, 2017 23:18

Hairball
Amazing pics lox! thumbs up
I especially like this one... perfect!

lox

Just in case someone wants to buy this shirt

[www.farfetch.com]

smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 16, 2017 23:36

For only £575 no problem...I think I'll buy two. winking smiley

eye popping smiley

Date: October 17, 2017 00:14

You can get three quarters of a German pit ticket for that!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 17, 2017 00:30

rubycatgirl
Has someone already mentioned Mick humming a bit of You Gotta Move during Midnight Rambler? Or has he done that more often? I thought it was great!

Has he? I've been at the show but I didn't hear/redcognize it.
In Düsseldof he sang two lines form Robert Johnsons "Come On In My Kitchen":
"Come on in my kitchen / 'cause it's rainig outdoors"

Date: October 17, 2017 00:38

He has been humming YGM during MR quite a lot, since 2015. On the Zip Code tour YGM was the song I most desperately wanted to hear, but his humming was the closest I got.

But, yes, Dusseldorf was a bit of variety!

syrel

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 17, 2017 00:39

slewan
rubycatgirl
Has someone already mentioned Mick humming a bit of You Gotta Move during Midnight Rambler? Or has he done that more often? I thought it was great!

Yes he did, I it was funny most people didnt recognized it..You can hear the same in the Olé Olé DVD

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 17, 2017 00:50

leteyer
slewan
rubycatgirl

Yes he did, I it was funny most people didnt recognized it..

well, sometimes you are distracted by other things during a show

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: October 17, 2017 01:29

I was also yesterday at the concert and I heard him singing/humming "I gotta move" too.
I didn't know he's doing this since the Olé, olé, olé tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-17 01:58 by GJV.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: October 17, 2017 01:34

slewan
leteyer
slewan
rubycatgirl

Yes he did, I it was funny most people didnt recognized it..

well, sometimes you are distracted by other things during a show

He sung the melody to You Gotta Move in Stockholm

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: October 17, 2017 02:00

Britney
The worrying thing is not the mistake, but the fact that Keith stops playing this is serious. Thank you Ronnie for being there!

Date: October 17, 2017 02:24

stone4ever
So it turns out that Keith's only mistake turns out to be Charlies mistake, which is exactly how i saw it. Keith keeps doing this dummy run start that i like before the real intro , trouble is Charlie is not used to it and comes in too early. I wish people would cut Keith some slack, he is on the verge of greatness again. Pity there isn't a couple weeks break and then another 14 shows.
Mick and Keith are really hitting their stride now.

I think it's best we blame the tambourine player. grinning smiley

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 17, 2017 02:27

syrel
stone4ever
Just to put the record straight, when Keith starts songs like SMU and JJF with a loud opening chord and then a pause, and then he starts the intro properly, IT IS NOT A MISTAKE. He is doing it on purpose. I love it , it brings the crowd on and its exciting. All this BS that Keith was starting Brown Sugar instead of SMU is rubbish.

I don't disagree with your overall perspective, but he DEFFINITELY started playing the riff to BS when it should have been SMU. He stopped, held a pointed finger up in a kind of 'aha!' pose, and then started SMU as normal. Not a musical mistake, just a case of forgetting the setlist. By the time he corrected himself, I had already had time to think 'that's odd, they've changed the order' before laughing along with Keith.

syrel

Agreed that the slow starts are sometimes deliberate - but that wasn't a slow Start Me Up, that was Brown Sugar.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 17, 2017 03:32

Jagger sings a part of a song by Dutch singer Frans Bauer...

[www.instagram.com]

smoking smiley

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: October 17, 2017 06:26

Date: October 17, 2017 06:34

Date: October 17, 2017 06:36

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 06:36

stone4ever

Sure he messed up BS and that could so easily have been a restart, but come on one mistake all night, big deal.

Watching Keith and the rest of them enjoy their music puts shivers down my spine, just as Keith's first solo on SFTD and second solo on Slipping Away was also spine chillingly good.

I could put the first 20 seconds of SMU in a loop and listen to it for hours lol.
Power chords and so loud , genius. And people call this a mistake.confused smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Only thing that worries me a bit is that Ronnie doesn't seem so well as when he started this tour. Looks a bit tired, less energetic and his playing is not so strong.

Mistakes can indeed be real fun! I remember a recording of a concert in the USA in 1972 with the start of Midnight Rambler. Keith's mind was in higher spirits and apparently he fell of the stage. Mick (blues harp) and Charlie had started the song and were waiting for Keith to start his part. No Keith. And then suddenly, yes Keith started, but only for a short moment which was then followed again by silence, while Mick and Charlie bravely continued. That silence was Keith falling, struggling to get back on, wondering what happened and then, yes he finally getting into his groove. No video, just imagination. It made me laugh my balls off.
By th way Lox, great pics, I must have been almost behind you ... and my daughter was the lucky one to get Mick's T-Shirt after some, peaceful but solid wrestling smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home