Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Requests for future ''From The Vault'' releases?
Date: July 30, 2018 01:24

CharlieGirl
I know this isn't an actual show, per seeye rolling smiley, but I would truly LOVE it if they would gather all the footage available from whomever, wherever (maybe Bill's attic?smiling smiley) of the Montreux Rehearsals that I have on my YouTube playlists>grinning smiley<. It's only three videos, but I'm sure they could find more lovely "filler". But then, "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride..." sad smiley

Montreux rehearsals were released on the Ladies and Gentleman DVD

sad smileyRe: Requests for future ''From The Vault'' releases?
Posted by: CharlieGirl ()
Date: July 30, 2018 01:36

I appreciate your kind response, of course, and I do have that deluxe set, but it doesn't include all the footage on YouTube.sad smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 30, 2018 02:38

NeverMakeASaintOfMe
CharlieGirl
I know this isn't an actual show, per seeye rolling smiley, but I would truly LOVE it if they would gather all the footage available from whomever, wherever (maybe Bill's attic?smiling smiley) of the Montreux Rehearsals that I have on my YouTube playlists>grinning smiley<. It's only three videos, but I'm sure they could find more lovely "filler". But then, "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride..." sad smiley

The recordings were filmed by the BBC for The Old Grey Whistle Test. Wouldnt be something the Stones would have in their vaults.

Posted by: CharlieGirl ()
Date: July 30, 2018 04:29

Thanks for your response. smiling smiley

Date: July 30, 2018 05:58

Bedspring Symphony. That' my number one pick. Than it would be Bruxelles '73. I know that the latter was released already in a limited run, it should be released in a properly wider release. Hey, why not? This was their heyday after all.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 31, 2018 00:57

El Mocambo.
Jeroen

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: July 31, 2018 03:15

there's a youtube channel i like that just removed the full paris show from 1976. bet that's your answer.

Date: July 31, 2018 03:35

sundevil
there's a youtube channel i like that just removed the full paris show from 1976. bet that's your answer.

You're right! All the uploads of the full show have been removed.

Date: July 31, 2018 03:47

In the future I would like to see 'From the Vault" release:

Rolling Stones
Wrigley Field
Chicago 2019

Now I realize that before this can be released, it will actually have to happen... But recently Wrigley Field has been hosting lots of concerts... A Rolling Stones concert in "the friendly confines" would be awesome!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 31, 2018 05:20

Gazza
NeverMakeASaintOfMe
CharlieGirl

The recordings were filmed by the BBC for The Old Grey Whistle Test. Wouldnt be something the Stones would have in their vaults.

The Jagger '72 interview on L&G DVD bonus section has been filmed by the BBC for the Old Grey Whistle Test whereas the Montreux footage on that DVD has been filmed by Radio Bremen for the german Beat Club TV show.As far as I know Tumbling Dice has been broadcasted in'72,not sure about the rest.Most likely Radio Bremen got the original tapes...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 31, 2018 08:45

philrock90
Who holds the videos of concerts I'm guessing it ain't any of the band members

1) Video James; 2) Gene Broxson

plexi

Date: July 31, 2018 09:02

You Got to Roll Me
Id like a good babylon show remastered, Maybe Oakland, Bremen or Rio

I also think it would be cool to release a full city from Licks - like MSG 926 Giants Stadium 928 and Roseland 930

Which Oakland show? There were four of them.

plexi

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 31, 2018 09:58

diverseharmonics
Birmingham Alabama August 6 1994 at Legion Field.

that would be fun, so I 2nd that.
Cant get next to you was the best version of this song I ever heard.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 31, 2018 18:56

I don’t see a reason why they couldn’t do compilations. The Licks Tour has many cool songs that they could put on a vault release.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 31, 2018 20:33

Or maybe shows from 2014?
Eagle Records has blocked a video of a show in 2014 on youtube.
Will they publish any 2014 stuff?

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 31, 2018 20:58

MAF

I hope not! Except for maybe the Singapore show or possibly Shanghai when the band was in good form. The big arena/stadium shows on this tour felt quite dull and the setlists were more predictable than ever. I don't know if there's much post 2012 material worth releasing, the only interesting shows that comes to mind is Echoplex and the other small private gigs.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-31 21:01 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: July 31, 2018 21:06

I would like another release that was a genuine surprise, like the "Light The Fuse" release.

While I have loved all of the FTV offerings, have been somewhat expected due to having already been circulated as bootlegs or fans at least having prior knowledge of the shows being professionally documented. That's what made 2005 special, IMO, is that it was a very unexpected, out of the blue random release.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 31, 2018 21:32

A blocked show from 14onfire ....which one?

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: July 31, 2018 22:56

A 2014 show would be great. Excellent shows.
I hope Pinkpop, but the rest was good too.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 1, 2018 10:34

Only San Jose '99 is worth having Post-Wyman, that hasn't already been released. Anything since 2012 is pretty much the same sound, same everything. If they could find a way to get Wyman and Taylor's recent participation that would be nice. And of course the rehearsals with Wyman in 2012.

Date: August 1, 2018 10:43

TheBlockbuster
MAF

I hope not! Except for maybe the Singapore show or possibly Shanghai when the band was in good form. The big arena/stadium shows on this tour felt quite dull and the setlists were more predictable than ever. I don't know if there's much post 2012 material worth releasing, the only interesting shows that comes to mind is Echoplex and the other small private gigs.

I'd take the Roskilde 2014-show any day! The longest MR ever. A fantastic show. Also MT's and BK's last show in Europe.

Date: August 1, 2018 22:08

the 2014 tokyo dome shows would be nice to see.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 1, 2018 22:10

shortfatfanny
Gazza
NeverMakeASaintOfMe
CharlieGirl

The Jagger '72 interview on L&G DVD bonus section has been filmed by the BBC for the Old Grey Whistle Test whereas the Montreux footage on that DVD has been filmed by Radio Bremen for the german Beat Club TV show.As far as I know Tumbling Dice has been broadcasted in'72,not sure about the rest.Most likely Radio Bremen got the original tapes...

Radio Bremen's archives are excellently curated. Many bands/artists recorded more songs than the ones actually broadcasted in Beat Club or Musikladen, and afaik everything was kept and is still there. So if they recorded more at the Montreux Rehearsals than what was aired over the years, it's more than likely still existing.

Date: August 1, 2018 22:11

NeverMakeASaintOfMe

Not really.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: August 1, 2018 22:49

retired_dog
NeverMakeASaintOfMe

Not really.

Why not? I think they were excellent shows.

Posted by: TDive25 ()
Date: August 1, 2018 22:53

Circus Maximus 2014 would be great. Wonderful setting, great crowd,hot night, huge & steamy gig in the eternal city. I'd buy it in a minute!

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: August 2, 2018 01:13

DandelionPowderman

I'd take the Roskilde 2014-show any day! The longest MR ever. A fantastic show. Also MT's and BK's last show in Europe.

Didn't see that show, I only remember that Markus Larsson gave it 3/5 stars (his opinion shouldn't be taken seriously though).

The only arena/stadium shows I can think of immediately from 2012 to now that would be nice to have released are the O2 shows in 2012, great setlists and the band sounded fresh. BTW Falo's bluray from the first O2 show was recently uploaded on youtube: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-02 01:14 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: August 2, 2018 17:52

yeababyyea
retired_dog
NeverMakeASaintOfMe

Not really.

Why not? I think they were excellent shows.

But they are "recent" shows and there is more than enough material (official and unoffical) already out there.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 2, 2018 22:37

100 club 1986
shepards bush 1999
of course el mocambo

Date: August 4, 2018 08:29

charlesbaudelaire
Bedspring Symphony. That' my number one pick. Than it would be Bruxelles '73. I know that the latter was released already in a limited run, it should be released in a properly wider release. Hey, why not? This was their heyday after all.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Some questions: aren't these the same thing?

So Brussels WAS released officially? Is the quality superior to the various boots? Is it still available or if not, how readily is it available on the "aftermarket" such as Ebay and for how much? Any elaboration on this would b appreciated.

plexi

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home