Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
11 Rock Stars Who Allegedly Slept With Underage Girls (Stones content)
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 14, 2017 07:17

In line with the latest news about Hollywood producers.. Delete if inappropriate.

Nasty rock stars

Re: 11 Rock Stars Who Allegedly Slept With Underage Girls (Stones content)
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 14, 2017 08:36

Bliss
In line with the latest news about Hollywood producers.. Delete if inappropriate.

Nasty rock stars

Contains the usual spicy fake news... "In an added wrinkle, Wyman's son from his first wife ended up marrying Smith's mother. "

I've never found/learnt confirmation of that.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 14, 2017 09:26

Bill's son, Mandy's mother

Perhaps not surprisingly, Wyman and Smith are no longer in contact with each other. But just prior to the couple being divorced in 1993, things between the Wyman and Smith families took a bit of a left turn when Wyman's oldest son Stephen announced his engagement to Mandy Smith's mother, Patsy. That couple's marriage reportedly lasted two years, until their divorce in 1995.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 14, 2017 09:56

a bit difficult to read. R. Kelly is particularly nasty.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 14, 2017 10:48

Bill and son Stephen seem to have a good relationship now.
He must be in his late 50s. He remarried and keeps a very low profile.
I think he 'manages' Bill's website....which is very good, actually.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 14, 2017 12:24

Bliss
Bill's son, Mandy's mother

Perhaps not surprisingly, Wyman and Smith are no longer in contact with each other. But just prior to the couple being divorced in 1993, things between the Wyman and Smith families took a bit of a left turn when Wyman's oldest son Stephen announced his engagement to Mandy Smith's mother, Patsy. That couple's marriage reportedly lasted two years, until their divorce in 1995.

Noted. But given the deep rancour over Mandy, I really doubt that Stephen ever married her mum. (Believe me, that was a bad and bitter time).

Yes, they had a relationship, but I'll need better proof than this that they ever married.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 14, 2017 12:34

Yeah, so?

I guess there's a sexist point you want to make?

By the way, how is this news?

I suppose this is going to wind up being another "Bill and Mandy" thread.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 14, 2017 13:03

Looking at the age of the teenage groupies in the early sixties makes me wonder how many under age girls were involved with various musicians in the Stones and other bands of that time.
Can't understand why that article picked out Mick and not Ronnie. About 8 years ago it was all in the press that Ronnie was seeing his Russian girlfriend who was of the same age. But Ronnie was 62 at the time, a huge age difference compared to the mentioned girl with Mick.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 14, 2017 13:28

stone4ever
...Can't understand why that article picked out Mick and not Ronnie. About 8 years ago it was all in the press that Ronnie was seeing his Russian girlfriend who was of the same age. But Ronnie was 62 at the time, a huge age difference compared to the mentioned girl with Mick.

Wasn't Ronnie's girlfriend 19 or 20 when they met? The age of consent in the UK is 16, so there's absolutely no issue whatsoever.

In America, the age of consent ranges state to state from 16 to 18.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-14 13:30 by Olly.

Date: October 14, 2017 13:41

Wouldn't it be almost the entire band? Except Charlie? Jagger ( J Phillips' daughter e.g.), Keith, the girl with him on 72 tour,(Quincy's daughter?), Bill of course, probably more than Mandy, Brian, Ron, in his book.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: October 14, 2017 14:04

Power corrupts...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 14, 2017 14:08

Seriously...?

Date: October 14, 2017 14:30

The reason it's news is that so many women have come out recently against Hollywood figures citing historic sexual abuses. Rock musicians could also be held to account, particularly as sex with underage girls is against the law.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 14, 2017 14:46

Olly
stone4ever
...Can't understand why that article picked out Mick and not Ronnie. About 8 years ago it was all in the press that Ronnie was seeing his Russian girlfriend who was of the same age. But Ronnie was 62 at the time, a huge age difference compared to the mentioned girl with Mick.

Wasn't Ronnie's girlfriend 19 or 20 when they met? The age of consent in the UK is 16, so there's absolutely no issue whatsoever.

The Russian girl was said to be 17 when they met. Same age as Mick's mentioned girl.
Still young for a 62 year old imho. She looked younger than that at the time . I felt so sorry for Jo.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 14, 2017 15:28

stone4ever
The Russian girl was said to be 17 when they met. Same age as Mick's mentioned girl.
Still young for a 62 year old imho. She looked younger than that at the time . I felt so sorry for Jo.

The term 'underage' relates specifically to the age of consent. Moral condemnations are one thing, breaking the law is another.

I don't know enough about the historical ages of consent in different US states, but 17 is under the age of consent in some states.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 14, 2017 16:26

Bliss
The reason it's news is that so many women have come out recently against Hollywood figures citing historic sexual abuses. Rock musicians could also be held to account, particularly as sex with underage girls is against the law.

Slightly different issues. The Hollywood women were not as far as I know under age, but they were unwilling sexual partners of someone abusing his power. Some of the rock stars' girls were allegedly happy with the relationship and some not, but they were under age and therefore illegal whether they were happy or not.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 14, 2017 16:40

This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I think 16 and 17 year olds are fully capable of making their own decisions.

The stories about 13 and 14 year olds? That's bad. Clearly these rockers didn't care enough to confirm ages back then, or it gave them an added thrill of not knowing.

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: October 14, 2017 16:54

I know that 16 is the age of consent here in Michigan, but I wasn't sure about other places, so I Googled it:

16 is the age of consent in most U.S. states, as well as the UK, Canada, and Australia. Some notable U.S. exceptions are California (18), Florida (18), New York (17), Tennessee (18), and Texas (17). Europe is generally lower, 15 in France and 14 in Germany and Italy, for example, though Ireland is 17. 14 is standard for most of South America.

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: October 14, 2017 18:20

I can see that you're fifteen years old
No I don't want your I.D.
You look so rest-less and you're so far from home
But it's no hanging matter
It's no capital crime........

Did Mick also change the 15 to 13 when they did this live?

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: October 14, 2017 18:33

Lot of sleazy, exploitative stuff in there.
Lori Maddox might be the odd exception -- she was probably more mature and normal (even underage) than Page has ever been.

Date: October 14, 2017 18:46

All Rock Stars did, with the exception of Charlie Watts.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: October 14, 2017 19:04

It's old news and click bait. If anything bad happened, these women/girls are being victimized in another way for the sake of advertising revenue. They have a right to live their lives in privacy. The musicians have also been previously judged, one way or another.

Date: October 14, 2017 19:12

Voodookitten76
I know that 16 is the age of consent here in Michigan, but I wasn't sure about other places, so I Googled it:

16 is the age of consent in most U.S. states, as well as the UK, Canada, and Australia. Some notable U.S. exceptions are California (18), Florida (18), New York (17), Tennessee (18), and Texas (17). Europe is generally lower, 15 in France and 14 in Germany and Italy, for example, though Ireland is 17. 14 is standard for most of South America.

18 in California?
Roman Polanski got off very lightly then. Money can buy you almost anything it seems.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 14, 2017 19:31

jlowe
18 in California?
Roman Polanski got off very lightly then. Money can buy you almost anything it seems.
Define "got off"...
Never faced justice that I'm aware of.
Been living in France which won't extradite..

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 14, 2017 19:53

stone4ever
Olly
stone4ever

The Russian girl was said to be 17 when they met. Same age as Mick's mentioned

girl.

She isn't Russian. She's British, but was born in Kazakhstan. I met her one time shortly after she had legally changed her name. I guess the notoriety her affair with Ronnie bought beg was no longer wanted. She seemed a very lost person.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 14, 2017 23:48

Green Lady
Bliss

Slightly different issues. The Hollywood women were not as far as I know under age, but they were unwilling sexual partners of someone abusing his power. Some of the rock stars' girls were allegedly happy with the relationship and some not, but they were under age and therefore illegal whether they were happy or not.

I was thinking about this earlier. It's a different dynamic when the women/girls are actively seeking a sexual relationship, as a lot of would-be groupies were and Weinstein's victims weren't. I'm not saying it was right for rock stars or anyone else to take advantage of the questionable (and illegal) choices of very young women, although of course the forbidden-fruit aspect was part of the attraction--it's simply a different situation.

I'm wondering if the Weinstein revelations will be followed by a US version of Operation Yewtree, which followed the Jimmy Savile revelations in the UK.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 15, 2017 00:06

Aquamarine
Green Lady
Bliss

I was thinking about this earlier. It's a different dynamic when the women/girls are actively seeking a sexual relationship, as a lot of would-be groupies were and Weinstein's victims weren't. I'm not saying it was right for rock stars or anyone else to take advantage of the questionable (and illegal) choices of very young women, although of course the forbidden-fruit aspect was part of the attraction--it's simply a different situation.

I'm wondering if the Weinstein revelations will be followed by a US version of Operation Yewtree, which followed the Jimmy Savile revelations in the UK.

Wouldn't rule out the notion that a lot of young actresses didn't willingly consent to Weinstein's advances. We've heard from a great many that rebuked them, but those that didn't aren't exactly running to the press with their stories. Names that have been mentioned include Charlize Theron, Jennifer Anniston and more that "consensually" had relations to further their careers.

The real difference in most (not R Kelly's for e.g.) of the rockstar cases, is that the producer had power over their careers, reputation and livelihood.

Date: October 15, 2017 00:15

MisterDDDD
jlowe
18 in California?
Define "got off"...
Never faced justice that I'm aware of.
Been living in France which won't extradite..

Here goes:
Accused of six very serious sex/drug offences involving a non compliant 13 year old girl.
Plea bargained, offered a guilty plea for 'the least serious offence'.
Sentenced to 90 days psychiatric evaluation.
Flees the US about half way through the tests.
France/Poland/Switzerland reuse to extradite.
Polanski resumes his film career.

I would call this getting off VERY lightly.
If he had been like most of us in the dock , the outcome would have been very different.

As Hemingway once said: The wealthy are no different to everyone else; they just have more money.

Date: October 15, 2017 00:47

When sometimes I read extremely negative comments about the stones I wonder why posters waste time in doing so in a FAN(atic) website.

On the other hand and reading this thread I wonder what do some people think about the meaning of being rich and young and having a tendency to ......er...mnnn..let's say..."wild life"...."excesses"....?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-15 00:48 by emotionalbarbecue.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 15, 2017 00:59

This thread is attempting to compare apples and oranges.

The Whorelywood hacktresses were often complicit in the Old Boy workings of the mainstream movie industry.

Also complicit were the journalists who were sitting on these stories since at least 2004 but who were bought off for their silence -- as were all these Whorelywood hacktresses who benefited in terms of career advancement.

Rock groupies were a totally different breed, who did it for kicks -- some even unabashedly published memoirs.

If you want to cite cases of male on female sexploitation in the music industry, then remind everyone about the case of The Runaways and that producer Kim Fowley.

But leave the Stones alone!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1366
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home