Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13
Re: Stockholm Sweden 12-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: October 13, 2017 09:02

Under My Thumb: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: October 13, 2017 10:35

Some short notes about last night:
- Thanx to the Swedish guy who tried to organize the early queuing by giving out numbers (someone told me he was there till 6 in the morning). So it was a bit more relaxed.
- Met nice people, fans from the Netherlands (off coursesmileys with beer), Austria, Poland, Italy, Spain.
- It was a great show, yes. The best of this tour? I don't know, I've seen "only" four shows right now. I hoped for "Sweet Virginia" - and they played it! Great!
- Keef: Looked like "the man in the long black coat". Did two double starts. He seemed to listen to the echo of his first try grinning smiley.
- See you on Sunday...

Date: October 13, 2017 10:51

MAF
- Thanx to the Swedish guy who tried to organize the early queuing by giving out numbers (someone told me he was there till 6 in the morning). So it was a bit more relaxed.
- Met nice people, fans from the Netherlands (off coursesmileys with beer), Austria, Poland, Italy, Spain.
- It was a great show, yes. The best of this tour? I don't know, I've seen "only" four shows right now. I hoped for "Sweet Virginia" - and they played it! Great!
- Keef: Looked like "the man in the long black coat". Did two double starts. He seemed to listen to the echo of his first try grinning smiley.
- See you on Sunday...

One was JJF, I heard. What was the other one?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 13, 2017 10:54

DandelionPowderman
MAF
- See you on Sunday...

Start Me Up. Mick even said "Take 2..."

Date: October 13, 2017 10:58

Green Lady
DandelionPowderman
MAF
- See you on Sunday...

Start Me Up. Mick even said "Take 2..."

Thanks grinning smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 13, 2017 11:02

SMU
[www.youtube.com]

grinning smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: October 13, 2017 11:08

powerage78
SMU
[www.youtube.com]

grinning smiley

He started it in reverse! grinning smiley

Looks like he wanted to check his sound, or something, but forgot that the volume was cranked to the max.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: October 13, 2017 11:20

Good morning everybody, after it was my last concert on this tour, I would like to share my thoughts with you, briefly.
The Rolling Stones have made a member of the jet-set out of me, I spend my weekends on different places I fly to in order to have pure fun. And that it was last night. PURE FUN! They really seemed to like each other. Priceless moments between Mick and Keith, laughing on stage about double starts or soloing, had not seen that in a while. The bass solo in Miss You was the best I heard from Darryl. Really good, not just a piece in a song, but a real bonus.
SV and YCAGWYW in a row, what can I say? I'm still scraping the shit off my boots. Best ten minutes on this tour for me! During the second half of the set I had to make clear for myself, that they are not playing for me, but for almost everybody around me who is not so lucky (or crazy) to visit more than one gig.

The Hellacopters have balls: start late, rock dirty, play with "Bitch", spit on stage, finish late - and get thanked for by Sir Mick. All done right. Superb shirt they sold, I think.
Warhol was right: even the lady giving out the pit wristbands had her fifteen minutes of fame ("... Ronnie side first, ...").
Cheers happy24, very nice meeting you!
After the very nice moments with people in Denmark and now Sweden I think, Bavaria should think about getting a King or maybe a Queen again. Might help. NOT! Just joking, no politics alert needed.
There is the feeling again I hate so much: was that my last Stones concert? Will they return, will I? Gentlemen, well done, helping me through my concert life! Maybe one more time next year, somewhere around Dartford...?

Take care everybody,
cheers, Fillmore

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-13 11:23 by Fillmore.

Date: October 13, 2017 11:21

JJF

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 13, 2017 11:29

powerage78
SMU
[www.youtube.com]

grinning smiley

He was only checking his sound FFS

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 13, 2017 11:30

Swedish tabloid Expressen 3/5

Suggests they call it quits.

Date: October 13, 2017 11:32

powerage78
JJF

[www.youtube.com]

If a tiny mistake like that and the sound check on SMU is worth mentioning to take the piss, what can i say, its time i moved on from here.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 13, 2017 11:39

Topi
I was on Ronnie's side in the middle of the catwalk. Saw Jo Wood in the pit too! And was told even Sally was there. Ronnie's son kept going along the catwalk and taking photos with his phone

True. I saw the 3 of them together in the pit towards the end. Nice that everyone's friends.

Date: October 13, 2017 11:50

"One can of course claim that they are very reliable.
But most are only predictable.
Rolling Stones should probably shut off now, ought to let the memory of an amazing rock'n'roll machine rest in peace."

Redhotcarpet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-13 11:50 by powerage78.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: October 13, 2017 12:07

Promoman2
Sweet Virginia
video: [youtu.be]

Nice one

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: October 13, 2017 12:27

Redhotcarpet

Think DN gave it 1/5 very, Very unfair

Posted by: zeus ()
Date: October 13, 2017 12:36

Who cares, let them think whatever, we will still go and enjoy them simple. I have people telling me, "oh they've got too old," and I always reply, "then don't go, I will!"

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: October 13, 2017 12:40

zeus
Who cares, let them think whatever, we will still go and enjoy them simple. I have people telling me, "oh they've got too old," and I always reply, "then don't go, I will!"

+1

Date: October 13, 2017 13:21

tiffanyblu
zeus

+1

+1 . The point people miss is that no matter how well the Stones play they will give them low marks out of 5. Why ?? because they don't like them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-13 13:21 by stone4ever.

Date: October 13, 2017 13:25

[www.dn.se]

Date: October 13, 2017 13:26

[www.svd.se]

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: October 13, 2017 13:47

Thanks All... another great night in Stockholm...arrived just at end of Helicopters...not too crowded in Gold Standing...could have entered at 2:30..but flight delayed and don't need to stand that long...

Date: October 13, 2017 14:02

Keith enjoyed Shelter! ;-)

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-13 14:03 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: zeus ()
Date: October 13, 2017 14:08

Everyone has a different connection to the band as I do myself going back in my early teens so it doesn't matter what others say. Remember, so far every Stones concert is a sell out for a reason, can't say this for a lot of bands. Its more than nostalgic, its rock'n'roll and they do play well.

There are bands I can't stand and others swear by them, same for us, we simple love the band. So who cares what they write, when the Stones announce their next tour I will be there somewhere enjoying their hits.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 13, 2017 14:38

During the current tour I usually see 3/5 or 4/5 rankings and sporadically something lower, on the Press. And I think 3/5 rating is actually good enough for concerts and books. 1/5 can only come from haters. It's not a rating, it's just preconception. BTW there are a lot positive and very positive articles, without number- rating.

Yes, the particular journalist is right. The Stones are partly predictable. Because before seeing them, you can be sure that you'll have a great time!

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 13, 2017 14:46

Critics enjoy critizing The Stones, but they rarely focus on the music. Too many tabloid reviews for the last 20 years have contained words like wrinkles, wheelchair, dinosaur, pensioner, retired, old etc. The cliché "reviews" have become more predictable than The Stones themselves. If The Stones had taken advice from critics, they would have quit back in 1963. Thankfully, no serious artist takes critics seriously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-13 14:47 by The Worst..

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 13, 2017 14:58

Correct, Worst.

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: October 13, 2017 15:36

bv
Some pictures from the show below. More pictures here:

The photo where Keith winks and points at you is amazing! File that under my favorite Keith photo ever. smiling bouncing smiley

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: October 13, 2017 15:39

I obviously wasn't there, but after being very underwhelmed by all of the other videos from the tour I have seen thus far, I was surprised at how good they sound in the clips from this show! Much tighter, more together (though the false/delayed intros from Keith leave me a bit concerned). But UMT, JJF, and Sweet Virginia all sound great, and Brown Sugar FINALLY sounds like itself again instead of a funeral dirge as it had on the previous shows (as well as the Southe American ones I heard). You'd think that after being a fan for over half of my life I'd have learned not to underestimate these guys by now...

Date: October 13, 2017 15:40

powerage78
[www.svd.se]

thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home