Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Why Isn't Keith Changing His Song Segment?
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: October 18, 2017 19:55

keefriff99
Leonioid
...but have at your gossip... you all seem to enjoy it.
I could post several gushing reviews that I submitted to bv on the Licks tour that are still posted. Looking back at them, I'm embarrassed by how worshipful they were, but I wrote them as soon as I got back from the show and my adrenaline was through the roof. .

Dang it, dont ya hate it when that happens grinning smiley especially when someone is asking for proof about how bad they played.

But I am happy you went and looked and saw how much you liked it back then.
The proof is there.

I would suggest going with one's first choice/first opinion, but I understand to "be cool" here and get along with the "cool guys" requires one to become an edgy Stones basher.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 18, 2017 20:03

Leonioid
jezus... if I felt the way so many here seem to, if I disliked these guys so much, disapproved of what they have done in their personal lives, didn't like the way they played or the way their solos trampled all over the tulips... if I didn't like anything about them, the LAST THING in the world I would do is park on their fan board everyday all day and write endless negative posts about them. Doing that is just weird.

I don't like a lot of bands (which I used to like) and I don't spend one second of my time on their fan boards insulting them... why would I?

Nobody here has said they don't like anything about the band - we all appreciate the band on one level or another.
Nobody parks here "everyday all day and write endless negative posts about them"....slightly exaggerating is one thing, but complete B.S. is another.
Seems you're highly agitated and overly sensitive, and are interpreting a few legitimate critiques of the band as a personal attack on you yourself.

Maybe if we all held hands and sang Kumbaya you might feel better?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 18, 2017 20:08

Leonioid
keefriff99
Leonioid
I could post several gushing reviews that I submitted to bv on the Licks tour that are still posted. Looking back at them, I'm embarrassed by how worshipful they were, but I wrote them as soon as I got back from the show and my adrenaline was through the roof. .

Dang it, dont ya hate it when that happens grinning smiley especially when someone is asking for proof about how bad they played.

The proof is there.

I would suggest going with one's first choice/first opinion, but I understand to "be cool" here and get along with the "cool guys" requires one to become an edgy Stones basher.
LOL, that is NOT what I'm doing! First of all, it gets awfully boring to just praise the Stones endlessly. Their body of work is so vast that there's plenty of room to both marvel at their brilliance and criticize their less than awesome moments.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 18, 2017 20:21

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 18, 2017 20:22

I don't think Ronnie has every played badly with the Stones. Just on some shows '99-'03 he looked a bit careless and drunk on stage doing some weird arm gestures. His playing though was still always good or great.

In 2007 I noticed a change in in Ronnie's attitude, it looked like he was focusing harder, maybe to compensate for the slightly fragile impression Keith gave. From my point of view Ronnie has been great and focused every single show since the 2007-european tour.

Date: October 18, 2017 20:27

Hairball
Leonioid
jezus... if I felt the way so many here seem to, if I disliked these guys so much, disapproved of what they have done in their personal lives, didn't like the way they played or the way their solos trampled all over the tulips... if I didn't like anything about them, the LAST THING in the world I would do is park on their fan board everyday all day and write endless negative posts about them. Doing that is just weird.

I don't like a lot of bands (which I used to like) and I don't spend one second of my time on their fan boards insulting them... why would I?

Nobody here has said they don't like anything about the band - we all appreciate the band on one level or another.
Nobody parks here "everyday all day and write endless negative posts about them"....slightly exaggerating is one thing, but complete B.S. is another.
Seems you're highly agitated and overly sensitive, and are interpreting a few legitimate critiques of the band as a personal attack on you yourself.

Maybe if we all held hands and sang Kumbaya you might feel better?

nice try....lol

Date: October 18, 2017 20:34

keefriff99
Leonioid
keefriff99
Leonioid

The proof is there.

LOL, that is NOT what I'm doing! First of all, it gets awfully boring to just praise the Stones endlessly. Their body of work is so vast that there's plenty of room to both marvel at their brilliance and criticize their less than awesome moments.

I do try to find things to bash on, so I can be cool too, like I bashed on romo and collingsworth.... but that didnt get me in the cool club... but I almost made it with the joebuck bash... but it fell short too. Dang it!

I would bash on The Stones, but I don't see much that deserves bashing and I dont want to just make stuff up... or whine about Ronnie trampling on tulips.

I have mostly ignored this thread, and the other Kieth whining thread, but at some point someone should speak up and take the other side OR it gets awfully boring to just bash the Stones endlessly.

Date: October 18, 2017 20:37

TheBlockbuster
I don't think Ronnie has every played badly with the Stones. Just on some shows '99-'03 he looked a bit careless and drunk on stage doing some weird arm gestures. His playing though was still always good or great.

In 2007 I noticed a change in in Ronnie's attitude, it looked like he was focusing harder, maybe to compensate for the slightly fragile impression Keith gave. From my point of view Ronnie has been great and focused every single show since the 2007-european tour.

Great post! That is an opinion I can support.
It was not 100% positive but it was fair and well stated smileys with beer

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 18, 2017 20:44

Leonioid

Look, a lot of Stones fans are older than 12, 14 or 16 and fanboards where only praise is allowed would bore some them a bit...

You may live in a little world where only bashers and uncriticial fanboys/girls exist and absolutely nothing in between, but please accept that there are others who like to praise where praise is due and criticize where criticism is due and they're no lesser fans than you.

Date: October 18, 2017 20:46

retired_dog
Leonioid

Look, a lot of Stones fans are older than 12, 14 or 16 and fanboards where only praise is allowed would bore some them a bit...

You may live in a little world where only bashers and uncriticial fanboys/girls exist and absolutely nothing in between, but please accept that there are others who like to praise where praise is due and criticize where criticism is due and they're no lesser fans than you.

nice try... but nope grinning smiley

Date: October 18, 2017 20:47

Look

LOOK!!! lol.... LQQK!!!

Date: October 18, 2017 20:52

Leonioid
Look

LOOK!!! lol.... LQQK!!!

Case closed. Final verdict following soon.

Date: October 18, 2017 21:01

retired_dog
Leonioid
Look

LOOK!!! lol.... LQQK!!!

Lets hope that whenever anyone looks over this thread they will see that there were undeserved accusations being directed at Ronnie Wood. I responded to those accusation. I asked for proof, none was ever offered.

Then the ban brigade came in and started trying to make it about me, tried to get me to say things to get myself banned. I declined. I understand how this little game is played. I did not respond to the ban baiters

I was civil the entire time.

I just think it would be a shame if Ronnie or Sally or anyone ever came looking, and saw all the false accusations being directed at Ronnie in this thread that they would like to see that at least one person stood up for Ronnie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-18 21:04 by Leonioid.

Date: October 19, 2017 00:29

On a different note, I was listening to Jonesy's Jukebox on the radio earlier and he played Keith's Make No Mistake!
Never know what you're gonna hear with that show, and it's almost always entertaining - just wish it was longer than two hours. thumbs up

Date: October 19, 2017 02:51

Leonioid
retired_dog
Leonioid
Look

LOOK!!! lol.... LQQK!!!

Lets hope that whenever anyone looks over this thread they will see that there were undeserved accusations being directed at Ronnie Wood. I responded to those accusation. I asked for proof, none was ever offered.

Then the ban brigade came in and started trying to make it about me, tried to get me to say things to get myself banned. I declined. I understand how this little game is played. I did not respond to the ban baiters

I was civil the entire time.

I just think it would be a shame if Ronnie or Sally or anyone ever came looking, and saw all the false accusations being directed at Ronnie in this thread that they would like to see that at least one person stood up for Ronnie.

Nice try...but....!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-19 02:55 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 9, 2017 13:14

Javadave
Is this the gorilla in the room no one is talking about? Happy, Slipping Away is all we've gotten on this tour. Oh sorry, he reversed the order of those two at a couple of shows. As recently as 14 On Fire and Zip Code, he was mixing in Before They Make Me Run and You Got The Silver. What gives? Has he forgotten how to play them or that he has other songs (Coming Down Again, Little T&A anybody?). Seems like the Grupenfuhrer is on auto-pilot. C'mon Keef, open up the playbook!

On Zip Code he also played the same two songs at every show except in San Diego.

Date: November 9, 2017 13:18

I'm actually glad he didn't change around. Keith's set was the best in decades on this tour. Slipping Away was the song of the tour (together with SFM) thumbs up

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: November 9, 2017 18:11

DandelionPowderman
I'm actually glad he didn't change around. Keith's set was the best in decades on this tour. Slipping Away was the song of the tour (together with SFM) thumbs up

That's one of the reasons, one show was enough for me (first time ever).
The only new tune dancing with mr d I luckyly got. The blues covers - ok....
Slipping away I heared 1000times before. Little t&a never. This song is not for europe (yes I know, 1982)

Date: November 10, 2017 13:55

He really mixed it up in 2007, playing six or so different songs. Who had expected Little T&A in Petersburg? But even then, the last ca. 10 concerts it was always the same, even in London. They don't feel like mixing it up too much nowadays, they're too old. Why should they? They mess up even Brown Sugar or Jumping Jack Flash regularly, after more than 1.000 versions in public.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-10 14:07 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: November 10, 2017 14:19

It would be great to hear him do "Sleep Tonight"

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: November 10, 2017 16:08

john lomax
It would be great to hear him do "Sleep Tonight"

thumbs up

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 10, 2017 16:08

Just so I'm clear on this...

Are we still bitching about Keith's segment from the 'No Filter Tour' or are we already bitching about Keith's segment from the 2018 'Rolling in the UK' Tour'?

confused smiley

Date: November 10, 2017 16:30

Both

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 10, 2017 16:43

Monsoon Ragoon
Both

Got it grinning smiley

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 10, 2017 21:08

Lazy just look at him now, beer gut in all. LOL

Date: November 10, 2017 23:05

Maybe he could at least reverse the order of his two songs for the UK tour - instead of Happy followed by Slipping Away, make the giant leap and play Slipping Away followed by Happy.

In all seriousness, I predict Happy and something different...maybe You Got the Silver will make it back again.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: November 10, 2017 23:16

Ron had some rough shows for a while. Many of us said so at the time.
From my review of a 2002 concert on IORR:

“Ron was more active and playing better than last time. On the last tour, he seemed to be going through the motions, and struck me as striking poses that were a bit of a parody of a rock star. This time, he was more integral to the action. The "weave" was working perfectly, as the two traded leads and rhythm. Ron's slide and pedal steel playing was very good, but he did hit a few clunkers (particularly on "Happy"). I think he's still not quite back to where he was.”

I remember him focusing very hard on playing CYHMK correctly.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 11, 2017 00:16

"Coming Down Again" is a no-brainer for a true Stones fan
and I cannot understand as to why they have never played
this song live.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2116
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home