Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: US Tour 2018 - Likelihood
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 25, 2017 16:55

If the album is released, I would expect some American dates. There's no law that says they can only do 15 shows a year, just because that's what they've been doing.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: October 25, 2017 18:37

Its all comes down to Biology, and Motivation at this Time of Their Lives....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 25, 2017 18:52

Send It To me
If the album is released, I would expect some American dates. There's no law that says they can only do 15 shows a year, just because that's what they've been doing.

Yes, and even if there isn't a new album I think they'll continue rolling wherever and whenever they please.
Would be nice to have a new album to coincide with a new tour (and the possibility of new tunes), but just like No Filter and the last several tours...no new album.
The "newest" original song they're playing this tour Mick isn't even involved with - Keith's Slipping Away which is nearly 30 years old!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 29, 2017 16:46

micwer
The Stones have always said that they modeled themselves after bluesmen who played on stage until they couldn't. From what I've seen in Paris a couple of days ago, not only CAN they play very well still, but they also WANT to do, judging from the smiles on their face throughout the evening. They weren't faking it.
Touring 8-10 weeks per year, with 2-3 dates per week, that's a schedule that seems to fit their lifestyle.

Absolutely!winking smiley

Re: Likelihood of a US Tour in 2018?
Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: October 29, 2017 17:17

Monsoon Ragoon
Keith looks better than on the Bigger Bang Tour.

good joke!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 29, 2017 17:33

rollingloc
Monsoon Ragoon

good joke!

What shows did you attend on this tour?

Nate

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: October 29, 2017 21:03

rollingloc
Monsoon Ragoon

good joke!

No joke. IMHO he looks much healthier than in the 00's. Nowadays is the first time since the late 70's that he doesn't look (much) older than he actually is. To be honest I only see photos. My last concert so far was in 2007. I am not able to spend some 100 Euro for a concert with one or two songs I haven't had live until now.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 29, 2017 21:14

Monsoon Ragoon
rollingloc
Monsoon Ragoon

good joke!

No joke. IMHO he looks much healthier than in the 00's. Nowadays is the first time since the late 70's that he doesn't look (much) older than he actually is. To be honest I only see photos. My last concert so far was in 2007. I am not able to spend some 100 Euro for a concert with one or two songs I haven't had live until now.

After seeing Keith from the pit on this tour, he looks older but healthier than previously (not sure how far back I am able to compare with).

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: October 29, 2017 21:26

Monsoon Ragoon
rollingloc
Monsoon Ragoon

good joke!

I agree - he looked rough at the end of the ABB tour, especially with that seedy moustache and his old set of false teeth. He looks much better now and I would say he is far more focused. I loved the shows I saw on the No Filter tour. I loved the Hamburg show because it was the first opening night show I have been to and the set list was awesome. And Arnhem was in my all time favourite top 3 Stones shows (my other two would be Enmore in 2003 and Glasgow, also in 03...or perhaps the Melbourne 03 show where they started with JJF and then went straight into Street Fighting Man and Keith didn't change guitars.....hhhmmm or Oakland 02.....or Twickenham 06.... wow, so many great Stones memories!!!

Date: October 29, 2017 22:44

john lomax
Monsoon Ragoon
rollingloc
Monsoon Ragoon

good joke!

I agree - he looked rough at the end of the ABB tour, especially with that seedy moustache and his old set of false teeth. He looks much better now and I would say he is far more focused. I loved the shows I saw on the No Filter tour. I loved the Hamburg show because it was the first opening night show I have been to and the set list was awesome. And Arnhem was in my all time favourite top 3 Stones shows (my other two would be Enmore in 2003 and Glasgow, also in 03...or perhaps the Melbourne 03 show where they started with JJF and then went straight into Street Fighting Man and Keith didn't change guitars.....hhhmmm or Oakland 02.....or Twickenham 06.... wow, so many great Stones memories!!!

I'm not a cosmetician and just speaking in layman termns, but I think the natural grey hair suits him very well and looks way more natural than the artificial black dye that only served to highlight the radical wrinkles on his face. It was almost like he was made up as an actor in a zombie movie, and that moustache was beyond bizarre. Now everything blends together as it naturally should, and he looks much healthier because of it. thumbs up

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: October 30, 2017 00:06

jlowe
grzegorz67
Woz
Nate
The band plans 10-12 shows in the U.K. Next year so if you look at the amount of shows they have done each year recently then you have to say the chance of another set of shows the same year in a different part of the world becomes very unlikely.

Nate

They will tack on five shows at Madison Square Garden after the UK run and ride off into the sunset....

I doubt it very much. The UK is their home country and London the home city of all 4 Stones so I'd imagine they'd want to finish up there.

Well,actually Keith hasn't been a UK/London resident since 1971.
So for well over half of his life he has lived abroad.
But he wears the shirt " Straight Outta Dartford..so no matter, he does consider UK home...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 30, 2017 03:22

Hairball
...and that moustache was beyond bizarre...)

I think he lost a bet.

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: October 30, 2017 03:39

They better come back. It is absolutely disgusting, appalling and beyond comprehension to think their last U.S. performance was in a tent for Robert Kraft.

Date: October 30, 2017 03:58

Chester
They better come back. It is absolutely disgusting, appalling and beyond comprehension to think their last U.S. performance was in a tent for Robert Kraft.

Indeed, and the last official public show was in *Vegas - aka the "Sick Mick" show ...only 18 songs!!! confused smileyeye popping smileywinking smiley

Date: October 30, 2017 15:40

Yes please come back

3 LA / 3 Chicago / 3 to 5 New York

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 30, 2017 16:43

Hairball
john lomax
Monsoon Ragoon
rollingloc
Monsoon Ragoon

good joke!

I'm not a cosmetician and just speaking in layman termns, but I think the natural grey hair suits him very well and looks way more natural than the artificial black dye that only served to highlight the radical wrinkles on his face. It was almost like he was made up as an actor in a zombie movie, and that moustache was beyond bizarre. Now everything blends together as it naturally should, and he looks much healthier because of it. thumbs up

yes - and coupled with the fishing tackle in hair fashion, which was a sartorial faux-pas I never thought worked for him. Just be thankful the other guys were never tempted to raid their tackle boxes for their hair

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: October 30, 2017 20:26

john lomax
Monsoon Ragoon
rollingloc
Monsoon Ragoon

good joke!

Keith definitely looks healthier than on the BB Tour. Cleaner. Biggest difference to me is his eyes. White, full clarity. I remember vividly being right at the B Stage at the LA Forum in 06, and this crazy red zombie out of it look in his eyes. He’s definitely older, but is no doubt living a cleaner life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-30 20:27 by Kennedy.

Date: October 30, 2017 21:07

As for a US tour in 2018, my guess would be max 10 stadium shows, one night in each of the following cities:

Boston
New York
Washington
Chicago
San Francisco
Los Angeles
New Orleans
Denver
St Louis
Atlanta

This is pure guesswork by the way!!!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 30, 2017 21:19

john lomax
As for a US tour in 2018, my guess would be max 10 stadium shows, one night in each of the following cities:

Boston
New York
Washington
Chicago
San Francisco
Los Angeles
New Orleans
Denver
St Louis
Atlanta

Your list is wrong.
Here is a list of the the cities they are planning to play in the USA next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-30 21:20 by Nate.

Date: October 30, 2017 21:31

Nate
john lomax

Boston
New York
Washington
Chicago
San Francisco
Los Angeles
New Orleans
Denver
St Louis
Atlanta

Your list is wrong.
Here is a list of the the cities they are planning to play in the USA next year.

Ha ha!! Yes, if I were a betting man I'd have to agree that your list is the more likely one!!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 31, 2017 10:37

Nate
john lomax

Boston
New York
Washington
Chicago
San Francisco
Los Angeles
New Orleans
Denver
St Louis
Atlanta

Your list is wrong.

grinning smiley

Too true and very well put winking smiley! They're British and they're finally coming home after 5 long years thumbs up

The US has had about 40 shows since 2012. We Brits have had 5 since then and none at all since July 2013 with not 1 but 2 European Tours in the interim too. The time is long overdue for us to get a visit from our home country band.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-31 10:44 by grzegorz67.

Date: October 31, 2017 14:56

Nate
john lomax

Boston
New York
Washington
Chicago
San Francisco
Los Angeles
New Orleans
Denver
St Louis
Atlanta

Your list is wrong.

grinning smiley

Date: November 1, 2017 14:36

john lomax
Nate
john lomax

Boston
New York
Washington
Chicago
San Francisco
Los Angeles
New Orleans
Denver
St Louis
Atlanta

Your list is wrong.

Ha ha!! Yes, if I were a betting man I'd have to agree that your list is the more likely one!!

I doubt that New Orleans could still support a stadium show with ticket prices where they are now. Maybe an arena would work in that area .......or if there were to be a price drop for a larger venue.

Also,your list misses the Pacific northwest U.S. , Portland and / or Seattle , which hasn't had a show since 2006. It has been since 1998 for Hawaii. Cancelled Hawaii in 2006.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 1, 2017 20:56

US Tour announced.
Here you go:

U2 2018 Tour Dates:
05/02 – Tulsa, OK @ BOK Center
05/04 – St. Louis, MO @ Scottrade Center
05/07 – San Jose, CA @ SAP Center
05/11 – Las Vegas, NV @ T-Mobile Arena
05/15 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
05/22 – Chicago, IL @ United Center
05/26 – Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
05/28 – Atlanta, GA @ Infinite Energy Arena
06/05 – Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre
06/09 – Uniondale, NY @ NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
06/13 – Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
06/17 – Washington, DC @ Capital One Arena
06/21 – Boston, MA @ TD Garden
06/25 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
06/29 – Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center

Looks like there is room to add 1 or 2 shows in each city also.

[www.jambase.com]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 1, 2017 20:57

Sorry I thought this was a U2 thread. my bad

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: November 2, 2017 14:15

spikenyc
Sorry I thought this was a U2 thread. my bad

Good one

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: November 3, 2017 02:17

They should reprise their 1964 U.S. tour -- San Bernadino, San Antonio, the Excelsior Amusement Park (no idea where that is!), Omaha, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, New York City.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 3, 2017 02:33

Nate
john lomax

Boston
New York
Washington
Chicago
San Francisco
Los Angeles
New Orleans
Denver
St Louis
Atlanta

Your list is wrong.

HA! I knew they wouldn't come to New Orleans!

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: November 3, 2017 02:38

wonderboy
the Excelsior Amusement Park (no idea where that is!)

Excelsior, Minnesota

Danceland Ballroom at Excelsior Amusement Park

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 3, 2017 16:32

Not really on topic but there were strong rumors floating around before the Zipcode tour that the Stones were finally going to play Red Rocks. What I heard was they wanted to drape giant tounge and lip banners over the rocks and the park wouldn't let them. bv or anyone else in the know- is this true or was all just rumor and speculation? For a band that's played the far reaches of the earth, it still surprises me they haven't played one of the most iconic venues out there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-03 16:33 by Gaetzi.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home