Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Likelihood of a US Tour in 2018?
Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: October 13, 2017 23:46

jlowe
grzegorz67
Woz
Nate
The band plans 10-12 shows in the U.K. Next year so if you look at the amount of shows they have done each year recently then you have to say the chance of another set of shows the same year in a different part of the world becomes very unlikely.

Nate

They will tack on five shows at Madison Square Garden after the UK run and ride off into the sunset....

I doubt it very much. The UK is their home country and London the home city of all 4 Stones so I'd imagine they'd want to finish up there.

Well,actually Keith hasn't been a UK/London resident since 1971.
So for well over half of his life he has lived abroad.

Keith still owns Redlands which is near to London !!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 14, 2017 10:09

DGA35
treaclefingers
DGA35
micwer
Does anyone know if an East coast U.S. tour is in the cards for 2018? I'm flying to Paris to see the Stones on Oct. 22 but I'd love to take my kids to see them closer to home in New York City!

Thanks!

How about Western Canada/ Pacific Northwest?!!!

the Fraser Valley!

YES!! Come out to Abbotsford or Chilliwack smiling smiley

I look at Paul McCartney and he's touring more now than he ever has. Roger Waters is touring a lot, too. They're both similar in age to the Stones.

A nice spring North American tour followed by Summer in the UK would be nice!

Well, hopefully Sardis and not Chilliwack proper. Maybe Cultus Lake?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: October 22, 2017 08:45

I'd say US Tour 2019, then Asia, Australia 2020. I don't think it's all over now after London 18. They're much to healthy to stop. Keith looks better than on the Bigger Bang Tour. Even Ronnie looks better than last year. Dylan and McCartney are in the same age and play 3 or 4 as much shows in a year.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-22 12:51 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: October 22, 2017 11:33

grzegorz67
Hairball
grzegorz67
Kennedy
If there is indeed this new album in the works for a 2018 release, I think a US tour is inevitable.

I doubt it very much. It's not the olden days. 1 14-15 date tour a year is their work pattern now.

Yet they'll want to recoup all the money spent "wasting" time in the studio - they certainly won't make much of it back on the new album alone. As you say it's not the olden days anymore.
A quick spin through the US and not only will they come out even, they'll leave with their pockets overstuffed and bank accounts overflowing with easy cash.
Maybe the fall of 2018, but more likely the spring or summer 2019 after the release of the long awaited new album.

We can all dream. I'm sure their bank accounts are already overflowing enough. As they're all Londoners, I'd bet a million pounds to a penny they'll want to end their live careers there so whatever UK Tour they do next Summer will have its final date there, then after that I think they're done. Charlie will be 77 and Mick & Keith 75.

USA in 2018?
Posted by: ThumpinJackFlash ()
Date: October 23, 2017 19:30

Can we just go ahead and assume this will probably happen? Seems to be the rotation as of late.

States > England like in 2013?

Re: USA in 2018?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 23, 2017 19:37

I'd say there's a very good chance to coincide with a new album.
Depending on a variety of reasons (health, etc.), the Stones will grace the land of America once again sometime in the future.
Not just a hunch or a wild guess, but based on what several inside sources have posted on this in the past - but again it all depends...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 23, 2017 20:02

It is UK and Ireland in 2018

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 23, 2017 20:13

No US dates for 2018, only 12-13 shows in the UK next year, after that nobody knows.

Date: October 23, 2017 20:19

6 UK / 6 USA

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 23, 2017 20:23

jumpontopofmebaby
6 UK / 6 USA

12 UK & Ireland then it's goodnight all.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 23, 2017 20:38

jumpontopofmebaby
6 UK / 6 USA

Read the post above yours by someone who knows what they are talking about.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 23, 2017 21:03

USA maybe in 2019...If they'll need could Touring Asia, South Africa and Australia in February and USA and canada in Sept./Oct.'19 and come back in Europe in 2020...With a new album to promote and good health...Everything is possible!cool smileythumbs up

Date: October 23, 2017 21:06

Georgelicks,have we good chance to see the new studio album somewhere next year?!Is it in the UMG plans?!Thanks,mate!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 23, 2017 21:39

That's the plan, new album on 2018 with a dozen of UK dates, mostly already booked.

Date: October 23, 2017 23:18

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: October 24, 2017 01:20

Hairball
georgelicks
No US shows on cards for 2018, only UK on July/August and 90% of the dates (12) are booked.

No others plans except the new album out sometime next year.

Thanks George - hoping the new album comes to fruition and actually sees the light of day!
As for a return to the US, I made a goof on the page one of thread saying Fall of '17 which is right about now - my mistake! I should have said the Fall of '18 or sometime in the Spring of '19 which is more realistic.
And I believe it was MPJ200 (or is it MPJ2000?) who said there's a possibility of a return to the US depending on various issues. He also seems to have loads of inside info., and is a man to be trusted!

NEVER SAY NEVER! winking smiley

Keep on Rolling...thumbs up

Well then, since you mentioned it, the boys would like to tour the States on a new album. But the album seems to be really coming along slowly. Very little talk of it on this tour. Shows in UK look good, health to all pending. Then maybe the US if they are still rolling. But I'm suspect about them finishing this record. Time will tell.

Date: October 24, 2017 03:56

mpj200
Hairball
georgelicks
No US shows on cards for 2018, only UK on July/August and 90% of the dates (12) are booked.

No others plans except the new album out sometime next year.

Thanks George - hoping the new album comes to fruition and actually sees the light of day!
As for a return to the US, I made a goof on the page one of thread saying Fall of '17 which is right about now - my mistake! I should have said the Fall of '18 or sometime in the Spring of '19 which is more realistic.
And I believe it was MPJ200 (or is it MPJ2000?) who said there's a possibility of a return to the US depending on various issues. He also seems to have loads of inside info., and is a man to be trusted!

NEVER SAY NEVER! winking smiley

Keep on Rolling...thumbs up

Well then, since you mentioned it, the boys would like to tour the States on a new album. But the album seems to be really coming along slowly. Very little talk of it on this tour. Shows in UK look good, health to all pending. Then maybe the US if they are still rolling. But I'm suspect about them finishing this record. Time will tell.

Hi mpj200 - thought you disappeared winking smiley, thanks for the reply.thumbs up

I had a feeling the new album might sort of be in jeopardy, or in purgatory if you will, and was hoping that Mick and Keith (and Ronnie and Charlie) could iron out some of their differences while on the current tour. Wishful thinking perhaps as we watched all the drama unfold ("hitting the wall", Getta Grip, etc.). Maybe Keith can cobble together a new solo album in the meantime, or even a double A sided single like Mick did - many fans would enjoy it! That said, IF the new album never sees the light of day, wondering if the Stones will still roll through the States some day (health to all pending as you say). They've done it several times in the past - even as recent as last year for the Desert Trip shows and the *Vegas show (one of which was abruptly cancelled), not to mention the private shows for the multi-billionaires. I realize you don't have absolute answers on all of that, so not to get ahead of ourselves first things first - shows in the UK for 2018 hopefully for those who want to attend! Health is wealth...keep on rolling...thumbs up

Re: US Tour 2018 - Likelihood
Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 24, 2017 07:11

If you take a step back and look at things from a more distant perspective, there is just something wrong with the picture of the 75-year-old Rolling Stones going on tour in stadiums or arenas and playing mostly 50-year-old songs. I remember seeing them in '94 and thinking, "OMG Mick Jagger is 51!" And now 75? I would not have any issue if a press release was put out in six months from now stating that the Rolling Stones have decided to stop touring and the shows at the end of 2017 were their last shows ever. Really.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 24, 2017 07:57

MileHigh
If you take a step back and look at things from a more distant perspective, there is just something wrong with the picture of the 75-year-old Rolling Stones going on tour in stadiums or arenas and playing mostly 50-year-old songs. I remember seeing them in '94 and thinking, "OMG Mick Jagger is 51!" And now 75? I would not have any issue if a press release was put out in six months from now stating that the Rolling Stones have decided to stop touring and the shows at the end of 2017 were their last shows ever. Really.
People have been mocking the Stones' ages since the Steel Wheels tour, and they weren't even 50 at the time. They have been blazing a path in terms of how long rock'n'roll bands can continue performing on a large scale, along with the Who and McCartney.

There's been nothing wrong with them performing their music at 50, 55, 60, 65 or 70...why should 75 be any different at this point?

Date: October 24, 2017 07:58

MileHigh

Yes valid points MileHigh...it's kind of like a freak show in many senses!
At the same time, they're sort of blazing new trails and setting new standards for a rock and roll band. Yes blues musicians have toured into their 80's and 90's, as well as country musicians, opera singers, etc. But a Rock and Roll band who have been together (for the most part) for over 50 years? I say "Keep on Rolling" and they should take it as far as they possibly can, setting the bar for any future bands who try to claim themselves as the next "Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the world" That said, there will never be another Rolling Stones or Beatles, and am glad I'm living in the same period that they were active.

Keep on rolling...thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-24 07:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 24, 2017 08:05

The Stones (and the Who to a lesser extent) are unique compared to their contemporaries in that their music is so tied up with dangerous, twisted sexuality and other dark or occult themes...it's very much youth-oriented.

Compared to Dylan, McCartney, even Springsteen (a generation later but he's still closing in on 70 years old)...their music is more mature. Many of their songs can be sung unironically by men their ages, while it's rather absurd to watch the Stones play songs that are so much about youthful masculine posturing.

And then you couple that with Mick's performing style, which has always been outlandish and flamboyant...to see a 74 year old man doing what he does is a bit freakish to an outsider, although I think it's @#$%& awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-24 08:07 by keefriff99.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 24, 2017 11:30

georgelicks
That's the plan, new album on 2018 with a dozen of UK dates, mostly already booked.

Georgelicks.
Tour start half july???
Really need to know.that is my boss needs to knoe if im gonna be there in august.
Jeroen

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: October 24, 2017 21:14

The Stones have always said that they modeled themselves after bluesmen who played on stage until they couldn't. From what I've seen in Paris a couple of days ago, not only CAN they play very well still, but they also WANT to do, judging from the smiles on their face throughout the evening. They weren't faking it.
Touring 8-10 weeks per year, with 2-3 dates per week, that's a schedule that seems to fit their lifestyle.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: October 24, 2017 21:51

It comes down to how the boys are playing....if reports of Keith struggling to play then I don't want to witness it. I've seen them plenty of times and would like to see them one more time but not if its a struggle. I won't complain about the setlist but I want to see and hear a good show from my favorite band. It would be great to see them in Phoenix in '18.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 25, 2017 00:00

I will personally revere The Stones no matter how long they keep it going... I feel like they've already set the bar as high as it can be taken for a true band, where it takes 3 or 4 to agree on a course of action, or inaction, and follow through...

They are unique in that they're one of the originals from the British Invasion, and the biggest of the bands from that era to still be working. Their longevity and reputation have combined to push them to be true household names, at least in the Western world... When a Belgian asks an American on a street corner in London what time The Stones hit the stage that evening, that's popularity! And that happened to me outside the Sticky Fingers Café in 1995...

On a given night, there could be over 80,000 fans leaving a Stones gig, and you can be sure that the vast majority of those folks will be convinced that The Rolling Stones are as current as any form of entertainment value out there.

Oh yeah... a new stage for 12-15 gigs? Doubt it! Maybe UK dates in 2018, and that's awesome, but North America one more time has to be in the mix!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 25, 2017 00:09

I don’t think the band knows when it will end and this would be very good news for us fans. My guess is the UK tour then more the next year or late fall. This is a guess.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 25, 2017 00:22

corriecas
georgelicks

Georgelicks.
Tour start half july???
Really need to know.that is my boss needs to knoe if im gonna be there in august.
Jeroen

I really need to know too.
We are from Holland and are working for the boss, who needs to know in december 2017 what I am planning in the summer of 2018.

Yes people, The Netherlands LOST.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 25, 2017 00:33

They won't stop until they have to.

And yes if you stop and think about it's bizarre to think of a 74 year old doing what Mick does but when you're in the thick of it I don't see anyone in the audience stopping to think about it, it just works !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 25, 2017 02:02

Hell yes, it works!

Mick's a pioneer, always has been, not to mention the rest of the band.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: October 25, 2017 14:09

georgelicks

Do you also happen to have information on the specific venues that already are booked in London? Webley stadium? Twickenham? Or maybe the O2?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1575
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home