Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
US Tour 2018 - Likelihood
Posted by: micwer ()
Date: October 10, 2017 18:49

Does anyone know if an East coast U.S. tour is in the cards for 2018? I'm flying to Paris to see the Stones on Oct. 22 but I'd love to take my kids to see them closer to home in New York City!

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-24 00:12 by bv.

Re: Likelihood of a US Tour in 2018?
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 10, 2017 20:25

micwer
Does anyone know if an East coast U.S. tour is in the cards for 2018? I'm flying to Paris to see the Stones on Oct. 22 but I'd love to take my kids to see them closer to home in New York City!

Thanks!

How about Western Canada/ Pacific Northwest?!!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 10, 2017 20:32

Another set of shows in N America certainly has to be a realistic option IMO.

Some very fertile ground in cities who haven't hosted them I'm 10+ years.
Seattle, Portland, Vancouver, Denver, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Calgary, Edmonton, Boise, Phoenix.. would make a nice start..

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 10, 2017 20:57

So far I think UK tour is planned for 2018. Are they going to play two tours in one year in their current pace? It would be great, but I don't know. I think the most probable season for UK tour is summer. I think they will take at least 6 months brake after the current EU tour, so maybe a couple of shows in US in the fall?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 10, 2017 20:59

The band plans 10-12 shows in the U.K. Next year so if you look at the amount of shows they have done each year recently then you have to say the chance of another set of shows the same year in a different part of the world becomes very unlikely.

Nate

Date: October 10, 2017 21:24

Nate
The band plans 10-12 shows in the U.K. Next year so if you look at the amount of shows they have done each year recently then you have to say the chance of another set of shows the same year in a different part of the world becomes very unlikely.

Nate

I hate so say it but I would have to agree. And at their age 2019 is a long ways away.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 10, 2017 21:52

Nate

Nate

They will tack on five shows at Madison Square Garden after the UK run and ride off into the sunset....

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 10, 2017 21:59

Release and promotion of a new studio album can change everything...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 10, 2017 22:00

Woz
Nate

Nate

They will tack on five shows at Madison Square Garden after the UK run and ride off into the sunset....

I doubt it very much. The UK is their home country and London the home city of all 4 Stones so I'd imagine they'd want to finish up there.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 10, 2017 22:19

UK tour in 2018.

After that, nobody knows.

My 2018 vacation will be in UK.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 10, 2017 22:22

grzegorz67
Woz
Nate

Nate

I doubt it very much. The UK is their home country and London the home city of all 4 Stones so I'd imagine they'd want to finish up there.

Well,actually Keith hasn't been a UK/London resident since 1971.
So for well over half of his life he has lived abroad.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: October 10, 2017 22:28

Its simple, Its all about Health of the band and if Mick wants to do it. right??!!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 10, 2017 22:29

micwer

Thanks!

Well... Just make sure to enjoy Paris. And then - nobody knows.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 10, 2017 22:39

I know that many people around here seem to think that the UK tour next year is going to be the end of the Stones as a touring entity, but why? What exactly gives people that idea? I haven't seen any evidence of that so if anyone knows, please let me know.

Date: October 10, 2017 22:41

A UK and a US-tour in 2018? Sounds unlikely, but not impossible..

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: October 10, 2017 22:49

Probably depends on Charlie.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 10, 2017 23:31

Mick is turning 75 in the summer of 2018.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 10, 2017 23:32

DGA35
micwer

Thanks!

How about Western Canada/ Pacific Northwest?!!!

the Fraser Valley!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 10, 2017 23:34

Take your kids, your mum and any of your great pals to these shows.
NOW.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 11, 2017 00:22

keefriff99
I know that many people around here seem to think that the UK tour next year is going to be the end of the Stones as a touring entity, but why? What exactly gives people that idea? I haven't seen any evidence of that so if anyone knows, please let me know.

People have been talking about "the last time" for years, with no evidence. I doubt the band are even thinking in those terms, they are probably just keeping the whole thing open-ended until somebody really doesn't want to do it anymore/gets sick, etc. This strange desire for some sort of dramatic ending and the debate over whether it should be in the UK or NY is all fan-generated, as far as I can tell, and not coming from the band at all. (Also, they may not be getting any younger, but they're not geriatric just yet, either! In fact, I think Jagger MAY be getting younger . . .)

Date: October 11, 2017 00:30

Aquamarine
keefriff99

People have been talking about "the last time" for years, with no evidence. I doubt the band are even thinking in those terms, they are probably just keeping the whole thing open-ended until somebody really doesn't want to do it anymore/gets sick, etc. This strange desire for some sort of dramatic ending and the debate over whether it should be in the UK or NY is all fan-generated, as far as I can tell, and not coming from the band at all. (Also, they may not be getting any younger, but they're not geriatric just yet, either! In fact, I think Jagger MAY be getting younger . . .)
Okay, thanks. So many people here have surmised that next year is definitively going to be the end that I thought I had missed some crucial hint of news that had dropped.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 11, 2017 00:33

It's hard to even call a 14 show run a full fledged tour when compared to their past tours and current tours by any other major artist/band. Even fellow oldies acts like McCartney and Roger Waters, or an almost oldies act U2, 14 shows is a drop in the bucket. But if they insist on calling it a tour, then so be it. So....my prediction: 14 shows in the UK, release the new album, followed by 14- 20 grand finale shows for the US in the Fall of '17 or early '18 to close the book here. If they decide to revisit South America or Asia beyond that is anyone's guess, but I'd be willing to bet they will return to the US much sooner rather than later, and well before it's all over.

Curious as to how the three US shows from last year should be labled as far as "tour" names for future reference...it initially began as what they called a "Mini" tour, but with the one of the Vegas shows being cancelled, there were only three real shows - Desert Trip x2 and the last show in *Vegas.

*indicated short setlist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-11 00:34 by Hairball.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: October 11, 2017 00:39

keefriff99
Exactly what i thought. I'd be surprised if there ever is an official "end" so to speak but i think its quite possible they'll be doing some gigs in 2022 for the 60th anniversary. Like a previous post said it's all about how they are health wise and always a nagging feeling that one day Charlie will say enough is enough AND follow it through. Fingers crossed there's a lot of life left in The Rolling Stones yet and although the doom and gloom merchants will recoil in horror at this but i think they are doing just great on this current run but if you look hard enough anywhere at anybody you will see problems that ain't such big problems. Keith sat down for a track last week and it was a "sign of ageing", so was it a sign of Ageing when Ronnie and him both sat for a couple of numbers in Amsterdam 22 years ago?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 11, 2017 01:41

Dont think so, an US tour. UK tour in summer 2018 first. Maybe the Stones will call it a day then.
from what i have seen on my 3 stops on this tour, they have the energy to go on for another 5 years. Health and willingness ,permitting of course.

Gonna see them Oct 15 for my 4th time this year. 3 or 4 times in the UK next year, i hope. Praying they will come back to Holland once again.
Jeroen

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 11, 2017 02:03

Hairball
It's hard to even call a 14 show run a full fledged tour when compared to their past tours and current tours by any other major artist/band. Even fellow oldies acts like McCartney and Roger Waters, or an almost oldies act U2, 14 shows is a drop in the bucket. But if they insist on calling it a tour, then so be it. So....my prediction: 14 shows in the UK, release the new album, followed by 14- 20 grand finale shows for the US in the Fall of '17 or early '18 to close the book here. If they decide to revisit South America or Asia beyond that is anyone's guess, but I'd be willing to bet they will return to the US much sooner rather than later, and well before it's all over.

Curious as to how the three US shows from last year should be labled as far as "tour" names for future reference...it initially began as what they called a "Mini" tour, but with the one of the Vegas shows being cancelled, there were only three real shows - Desert Trip x2 and the last show in *Vegas.

*indicated short setlist.

In the olden days 14 gigs was a tour. They started doing MAMMOTH tours and that became the formula. Obviously MAMMOTH ain't happening again.

On the other hand, I see everything since 2012 as one continuous tour, whatever title they may give it.

The "DO IT TIL YOU DROP TOUR" (2012-20??).

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 11, 2017 02:14

Rather than thinking in terms of a tour itself, look at it as a period of activity for The Stones, and the crew and organization it takes to make shows happen.

They dedicate a period of weeks for rehearsals before any shows begin, whether they're doing a public opening night like Hamburg in 2017, or a private gig as in Las Vegas in 2016. So the activity is actually longer and more time is involved than just the itinerary public or private.

Looking back to 2016, there were 2 periods of activity with LA rehearsals before Ole Ole in South America and then last Fall they did Desert Trip with Vegas and Foxboro bookends... On that evidence, a UK run and another run in the US could be possible in 2018. If they used a model like 2013, they could string both sets of shows together.

I feel it's all up in the air until they make that decision to go for another period of time. How they feel and their health surely comes into play, but look at the smiles on their faces! They dig playing together.

They are the blueprint past and present for Rock longevity.

I'm in as long as The Rolling Stones are up for it!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 11, 2017 03:42

treaclefingers
On the other hand, I see everything since 2012 as one continuous tour, whatever title they may give it.

The "DO IT TIL YOU DROP TOUR" (2012-20??).

They could call it the "Keep on Rolling" tour...I seem to have used that phrase in in quite alot of my recent posts in awe of the fact they're still functioning...
It rolls off the tongue nicely and it might have even made a good lyric for a Stones song. winking smiley

Keep on rolling.....thumbs up

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 11, 2017 03:59

jlowe
grzegorz67
Woz
Nate

Nate

I doubt it very much. The UK is their home country and London the home city of all 4 Stones so I'd imagine they'd want to finish up there.[/quote

Well,actually Keith hasn't been a UK/London resident since 1971.
So for well over half of his life he has lived abroad.

Yes, we all know that. He's FROM London, regardless of where he now lives. As his T shirt says, "Strsight outta Dartford". They began their cAreer by playing pubs and clubs around London and I think they'd feel it appropriate to end it there too.

I'm from Scotland and I've lived 2/3 of my life outside Scotland but I will always be a Scot.

Date: October 11, 2017 04:03

The Gathers No Moss tour? smiling smiley

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: October 11, 2017 04:07

I’d be surprised if they got a new StuFish set just for these Euro shows. They used the previous set from ‘14-16, so perhaps this one has two or three years in it.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1420
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home