Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Düsseldorf Germany 09-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: wachterc ()
Date: October 10, 2017 19:43

latcho
wachterc
Does anybody know what kind of guitar Ronnie played during Brown Sugar? I cannot remember that I've seen this one before and it had a fantastic sound. Thanks. Chris
Danelectro The 64 w/ Bigsby Orange Metallic

Many thanks!!! Do you know if Ronnie played it before on Brown Sugar? Thanks again! Chris

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 10, 2017 19:52

35love
Anybody have a nice clip of SFM? grinning smiley

Yep this one, i think you will love Mick at the very end of this one 35love.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 10, 2017 19:57

MAF
Night Manager
...the sound back in the hall was awful - muddy, full of echo, and with a constant drone, during the quieter passages, of that bloody air condition or whatever it was. A year ago, same venue, we had AC DC with none of those issues, it sounded excellent. - In Havanna, I was at the back of that huge field, and it sounded crisp and clear and loud. And in high-tech Germany, you`re being offered such a mess. It`s offensive.

Maybe the German promotor tried to save some money and didn't choose a high quality sound system in addition to the Stones system.

We took notice as well about that damned drone sound during silent parts of the show...
Whatever it was,that's really too bad.
In 2014 roof has been closed as well as yesterday but without that unpleasant experience...

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: October 10, 2017 20:01

Beast
Question for anyone who was in the pit.

Did they use the same entry system as in Barcelona,Amsterdam and Copenhagen? In other words, did all pit ticket holders have to enter the pit from Ronnie's side but were then forced to go under the catwalk to Keith's side? Because at those three shows, no one was allowed to stay on Ronnie's side until they closed the catwalk access, which was only after the warm-up band had started.

Just wondering if in Dusseldorf they reverted to the original system where people entered from either side and could also move freely between either side until the the access under the catwalk was closed at 8 p.m. or so? Thanks!

It was two separate sides - you could go in Ronnie's side from one side of the stage and Keith's from the other. No link in between them, but you could move freely (though it was a long walk around). I can't confirm as I didn't try, but I don't see a reason why you wouldn't have been able to switch during the show.

syrel

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: October 10, 2017 20:18

So we are Back from Düsseldorf. And all what I can say is that it was really a great show. If I compare it with the Zürich performance, I've to say that the entire set were played in a faster tempo than Zürich. In Zürich, the first numbers were simply lame. But now , after 2/3 of the tour, it semms that tbey've their tempo.
With our lucky dip we've got GA like a lot of others in the row.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 10, 2017 20:26

Thanks, Syrel!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 10, 2017 21:13

stone4ever
waterrats
stone4ever
Yeah thanks for the scopes and all the great pics.

Hopefully better luck with scopes next time. The band looked and sounded great tonight. smileys with beer

Hi there, folks!

What a GREAT show and what a dissappointement as we couldn't get the Scope running for you!!!

Really, an awesome show!

The Scope: we realy tried it! And it worked perfectly, before the Stones came on. As the support act, Rival Sons, was playing, we tested the connection for a while, and as you can see here (check the "Test RS" stream), it worked!

So when the Stones came on, we started the feed. AND BAM! We got no connection! In the display, it said something like "Error with APP-Start" and there was NO connection anymore! We tried to get it running several times during the gig, but always with the same result: the App couldn't establish any connection!

So, very sadly, we couldn't share the fun of this great gig with you. I am really terribly sorry for raising hopes we couldn't fulfill. But there simply was no way to get it done.

The reason for this can only be EITHER

a) the connections at Esprit Arena were too small for handling all the connections which started whe the Stones began playing, OR

b) there is some intentionally blocking of specific ports which the Periscope APP uses, OR

c) the volume of data is intentionally narrowed down when the Stones start playing, OR

d) some folks checked out our announcement and blockt our IP somehow.

IMHO, I tend to look at b) and c) as the most likely answeres to all this mess! And guess what, AFTER the gig, we could go live again: see here (check out the "Test after RS" stream).

so if I could do some streaming again, then I would try with Facebook - that worked better last night, right?

You don't need to apologize for anything, you did your best, that's all anyone can ask for.
Thanks once again for trying so hard for us. smileys with beer

When the show began, about half a dozen people started Facebook Live - but by the time they were halfway into Sympathy all the streams were stuttering and cutting out, and by the end of the song all the Facebook people had given up, so I guess they had no signal (there were very few tweets from the venue either).

Amazingly, there was one scoper later on who managed to transmit Slipping Away, Midnight Rambler and a few other bits and pieces, but that's all we got. I think they are probably restricting the available bandwidth during the show. Thanks very much for trying.

Better luck with Stockholm (for which I won't be around, so it's over to all the other scope-and-FB spotters out there!)

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 10, 2017 22:08

wachterc
latcho
wachterc
Does anybody know what kind of guitar Ronnie played during Brown Sugar? I cannot remember that I've seen this one before and it had a fantastic sound. Thanks. Chris
Danelectro The 64 w/ Bigsby Orange Metallic

Many thanks!!! Do you know if Ronnie played it before on Brown Sugar? Thanks again! Chris

The first time I saw him play that guitar was a year ago in Las Vegas.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 10, 2017 22:09

Green Lady
stone4ever
waterrats
stone4ever
Yeah thanks for the scopes and all the great pics.

Hopefully better luck with scopes next time. The band looked and sounded great tonight. smileys with beer

Hi there, folks!

What a GREAT show and what a dissappointement as we couldn't get the Scope running for you!!!

Really, an awesome show!

The Scope: we realy tried it! And it worked perfectly, before the Stones came on. As the support act, Rival Sons, was playing, we tested the connection for a while, and as you can see here (check the "Test RS" stream), it worked!

So when the Stones came on, we started the feed. AND BAM! We got no connection! In the display, it said something like "Error with APP-Start" and there was NO connection anymore! We tried to get it running several times during the gig, but always with the same result: the App couldn't establish any connection!

So, very sadly, we couldn't share the fun of this great gig with you. I am really terribly sorry for raising hopes we couldn't fulfill. But there simply was no way to get it done.

The reason for this can only be EITHER

a) the connections at Esprit Arena were too small for handling all the connections which started whe the Stones began playing, OR

b) there is some intentionally blocking of specific ports which the Periscope APP uses, OR

c) the volume of data is intentionally narrowed down when the Stones start playing, OR

d) some folks checked out our announcement and blockt our IP somehow.

IMHO, I tend to look at b) and c) as the most likely answeres to all this mess! And guess what, AFTER the gig, we could go live again: see here (check out the "Test after RS" stream).

so if I could do some streaming again, then I would try with Facebook - that worked better last night, right?

You don't need to apologize for anything, you did your best, that's all anyone can ask for.
Thanks once again for trying so hard for us. smileys with beer

When the show began, about half a dozen people started Facebook Live - but by the time they were halfway into Sympathy all the streams were stuttering and cutting out, and by the end of the song all the Facebook people had given up, so I guess they had no signal (there were very few tweets from the venue either).

Amazingly, there was one scoper later on who managed to transmit Slipping Away, Midnight Rambler and a few other bits and pieces, but that's all we got. I think they are probably restricting the available bandwidth during the show. Thanks very much for trying.

Better luck with Stockholm (for which I won't be around, so it's over to all the other scope-and-FB spotters out there!)

I'll be in Arnhem, next, and am looking forward to Stockholm, hoping for some streams.

Still, I have good reasons to believe, that the tour-management is asking for blockage or reduction of web-connections during the 2 hours Stones show. Could be part of the contracts with the venue-owners...

:-|

Nevertheless... The Stones rocked the hell out of Düsseldorf! As for the echos: the roof was closed, so that added... Last time I saw the Stones here, we were more in front, Keith side and had almost no echoes. This time, we were almost in the middle of this venue, and, right, strong echoes there!

Foto: AFP/Getty Images, PATRIK STOLLARZ. All rights reserved.

16 more of them at Rolling Stone DE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 22:21 by waterrats.

Date: October 10, 2017 22:12

syrel
Beast
Question for anyone who was in the pit.

Did they use the same entry system as in Barcelona,Amsterdam and Copenhagen? In other words, did all pit ticket holders have to enter the pit from Ronnie's side but were then forced to go under the catwalk to Keith's side? Because at those three shows, no one was allowed to stay on Ronnie's side until they closed the catwalk access, which was only after the warm-up band had started.

Just wondering if in Dusseldorf they reverted to the original system where people entered from either side and could also move freely between either side until the the access under the catwalk was closed at 8 p.m. or so? Thanks!

It was two separate sides - you could go in Ronnie's side from one side of the stage and Keith's from the other. No link in between them, but you could move freely (though it was a long walk around). I can't confirm as I didn't try, but I don't see a reason why you wouldn't have been able to switch during the show.

syrel

You could change sides walking underneath the catwalk before the show started. It was the same as in Hamburg, Munich and Zurich.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: October 10, 2017 22:21

latvianinexile

You could change sides walking underneath the catwalk before the show started. It was the same as in Hamburg, Munich and Zurich.

How? I went looking and couldn't see a gap, and was told by security I needed to go around. Confused...

Date: October 10, 2017 22:40

syrel
latvianinexile

How? I went looking and couldn't see a gap, and was told by security I needed to go around. Confused...

The gap is at the very front where the catwalk is higher.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 10, 2017 22:43

stone4ever
35love

[www.youtube.com]

Wow, nice camera work!! Mick and Charlie admiring Keith at 5:04 minute mark plus the Mick moment at the end.

Posted by: django ()
Date: October 10, 2017 22:45

Review WDR 3 TV Aktuelle Stunde (local TV station) at 19:53 with short clips of IORR and TD.

Scroll down the main page and get to the direct link of the review:

[www1.wdr.de]

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: October 10, 2017 22:59

My suggestion for future scopes is to start 10-15 minutes before the Stones take the stage. If you connect, don't end it. Even if the video appears frozen, you're not seeing comments or the number of viewers are dropping. My experience from Barcelona was once you end the connection, you won't get it back.

As a viewer, I'd rather have a scope with issues than none at all. smiling smiley

Date: October 10, 2017 23:10

GlimmerGirl24
My suggestion for future scopes is to start 10-15 minutes before the Stones take the stage. If you connect, don't end it. Even if the video appears frozen, you're not seeing comments or the number of viewers are dropping. My experience from Barcelona was once you end the connection, you won't get it back.

As a viewer, I'd rather have a scope with issues than none at all. smiling smiley

I fully agree! smileys with beer

And an interesting suggestion - although as far as I know TCPIP-Ports and connections - once you block a port, it diesn't matter if there was some connection through this port before or not. It just stops letting data through. Or if narrowed down, at some time, the app reaches it's time-out, just gives up and reports an error.

But nevertheless - as long as sounds come through, I won't complain!!! grinning smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 10, 2017 23:14

stone4ever
35love

[www.youtube.com]

THANK YOU----

when it started, I thought I could hear the drones invading/ air conditioner
Loud yes, and echo reverberated
I can't tell if Mick was emotional at the end, or just sweat-y hot (Keith wiped his brow)
The band cooked it up. Guitars, drums, Chuck. Sounded like an encore.

*and I did love it :-). But the air cond. and echo sound nicht gut :-(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 23:21 by 35love.

Date: October 10, 2017 23:20

django
Review WDR 3 TV Aktuelle Stunde (local TV station) at 19:53 with short clips of IORR and TD.

Scroll down the main page and get to the direct link of the review:

[www1.wdr.de]

Nice, thanks! :-)

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 10, 2017 23:24

"This is no time to enter into a conversation."
-> Then Slipping Away. Keith, the master!
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 11, 2017 01:24

schwonek
"This is no time to enter into a conversation."
-> Then Slipping Away. Keith, the master!
[www.youtube.com]

Thank's schwonek.

Keith's solo at the end was straight from the heart, proving once again that less is more with Keith.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 11, 2017 01:28

stone4ever
35love

[www.youtube.com]

Beautiful, especially as from minute 5. That synergy!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 11, 2017 02:07

waterrats, adding my voice to those thanking you for trying!!! cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: October 11, 2017 02:46

Keith still drives that band, when he is on they can't help but be good.

Date: October 11, 2017 11:23

Today i am watching youtube clips and i think they are even better than i thought monday. That Street Fighting Man is just... no words... Raw, Mean, Rock n Roll...

PERFECT version

Date: October 11, 2017 12:05

Dusseldorf posters are back on sale on the official store.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 11, 2017 12:30

Maindefender
stone4ever
35love

[www.youtube.com]

Wow, nice camera work!! Mick and Charlie admiring Keith at 5:04 minute mark plus the Mick moment at the end.

In the end, Mick looks in awe of the great band playing with him. And I second that thumbs up!

Date: October 11, 2017 13:13

35love
RG
maumau
RG
I was in the pit (Keith side) and it was a really, really great show. I was in Barcelona and Amsterdam as well, but this one was the best in my opinion. Bitch kicked some ass and Gimme Shelter was a very nice version (love Sasha more and more..). Mick looks like more in shape than in the other concerts i've been too this tour. I think the 'bad reviews' is about the seats you have in the those closed venues. In the pit the sound was good.

By the way: Did anyone mark the little emotions of Mick after singin street fightening man? I have never seen that before! He hold his hands to his face for a few seconds. I've got a picture of it, but after 14 years on this site I still don't know how to post it confused smiley

Would really love to see the picture! You have to upload it on a public internet address in order link it backk here clicking on the picture icon

You can rest your weary head, right on me.
Well we all need, someone, we can lean on,
and if you want to, you can lean on me.
And there will always be a space in my parking lot,
we you need a little joke and sympathy.
-love

Hmm...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 11, 2017 13:19

Wild Slivovitz
Maindefender
stone4ever
35love

[www.youtube.com]

In the end, Mick looks in awe of the great band playing with him. And I second that thumbs up!

hahahaha.Great great. Mick dancing like that and laughing at himself???
They have lots of fun on this Tour.
Great Band!
Jeroen

Posted by: lox ()
Date: October 11, 2017 14:01

Again, a great concert! I had so much fun, it was just fantastic. Midnight Rambler and Streetfighting Man back to back... it doesn't get better than this and it is worth the price of admission alone. At the end of SFM, Keith and Ronnie played themeselves in a frenzy and couldn't stop anymore. For me this was the epitomy of ROCK! Mick exchanged amused glances with Charlie, and it seemed he couldn't belive what was going on, but in a good way! He seemd happy, incredulous and proud at the same time.

The band did seem tighter and more energetic than in Hamburg, however since I love rarities I liked the Hamburg show just as much (Hamburg had the better set-list ...).

It is true: On Mondy, Keith was driving the band and when he is in conctrol there is no better Rock'N Roll band in the world!

I love the Rolling Stones!!!!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-11 14:09 by lox.

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: October 11, 2017 14:09

Some photos my girlfriend took from Ronnies pit in Düsseldorf

More on: facebook

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1794
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home